Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: "The New Message From God" an odd and mostly overlooked cult. They have my wife.
Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: August 11, 2019 02:46PM

From the latter review:

The Allies of Humanity completely flops as a conspiracy theory, regurgitating pallid imitations of storylines from Babylon 5, The X-Files, and any number of B movies.

Agreed. "The New Message From God" isn't even interesting as a conspiracy theory, it's just bad sci-fi mixed with religious mumbo jumbo. But people who suffer from existential fear and/or fear about the state of the world may find both a conformation of their fears and a glimmer of hope in the "message" so I can understand why some people are susceptible to it.

From [www.newmessage.org]

A New Message has been sent from the Creator of all life. It is a message to prepare the individual and to prepare the peoples of the world to survive and to advance through the great perils that await humanity. It is a great gift in the face of an urgent need.

Marshall's son Reed Summers has his own website reedsummers.com, which just like gururating.org and enlightened-people.com is made with Wordpress and hosted at GoDaddy. Maybe Reed has made all three sites.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 02:47PM by zizlz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "The New Message From God" an odd and mostly overlooked cult. They have my wife.
Posted by: ReneLL1985 ()
Date: August 23, 2019 01:47AM

Hi, i am a student of the New Message from God.
I think its being misunderstood by the people on this thread.
I am offering to answer questions about this <cult> or my experience of it.
First, i would like to share the document that is <steps to Knowledge>, which have been mentionned : [stepstoknowledge.com] . Please, see for yourself if its really <bad>.

Date: August 23, 2019 11:14AM

About the confusion between Marshall / Trevor, the situation is simply that Trevor Wozny (the angry ufologist) published the 'allies of humanity briefings' in his blog without mentionning the source material. I think the situation has been corrected. The Society of the New Message didnt seem to care much about it. I was actually the one asking him to add the name of the author(on my own will).

They are definitly not the same person.

Date: August 23, 2019 11:17AM

Also, the author of Gururating was (he is dead...) a student of Marshall. he also did this on his own initiative.
The website was kept up in memory of him, mostly.
i dont know whos managing it now, i dont think its updated anymore.

Date: August 23, 2019 11:23AM

May i ask to the M. Concerned if he spoke to his wife in those terms? telling her he thinks shes been 'brainwashed' into a cult?
i think it would be healthier to speak to her directly than behind her back.
I know i am very comfortable with my study of the New Message, but i also understand that it is easily misunderstood. I think its better to talk about it directly.
Since there is nothing hidden about it, its very easy to actually verify whats going on and what it really is.

Date: August 23, 2019 11:29AM

I don't know who made the 'enlightened People' website, but its without a doubt a student of the New Message too.
I dont think its Reed Summers, they dont advocate the New Message that way.
All students are encoruaged to advocate it in their ways, so those website are simply an expression of this. theres no 'official oversight'. I personally am barely in contact with the group of students, and i have been studying for years.

Date: August 24, 2019 10:43PM

ReneLL1985
Also, the author of Gururating was (he is dead...) a student of Marshall. he also did this on his own initiative.
The website was kept up in memory of him, mostly.

[...]

All students are encoruaged to advocate it in their ways

Thanks for clearing that up, Rene. It doesn't look good for the "New Message" that followers are encouraged to proselytize and apparently are welcome to do so in a deceptive manner, such as at gururating.org and enlightenedpeople.com. At least to me it seems deceptive, to make websites that appear to the average visitor to be informational sites about the general topics "gurus" and "enlightened people" but are really just designed to promote the "New Message".

Do you know if Marshall and Reed Summers have real jobs or is their income generated solely through their claims of somehow having the exclusive ability to talk to God and warn us of evil aliens?

All the info about the "New Message" I see is very long winded. Could you maybe give us a short summary of it?

Date: August 26, 2019 01:30AM

About the advocacy part, it becomes natural for each of us to desire to share it.
I did so for years without having contacts with any other students, including online. I did so because i know its important material, that there are people that need it, like i did.
I admit that some students are using <marketing tactics> such as gururating, maybe, which i would not do personally. But the way i see it is that they are simply trying to share it in the ways they know or can.
Marshall has been mostly dedicated to his work, for a long time. his story is very clearly laid down on the website. His Wife Patricia worked as a nurse for years to support this. Their son Reed is a very smart, capable and educated man. I dont know the details, but i am sure he has other income.
They are very sincere people, they are doing this <right>.
You may believe that they are compeltely insane, but to say that they are actively trying to deceive others would not stand to scrutiny (the insane theory neither, imo)
About doing a summary of the New Message... its not simple.
I can try to answer more specific questions, but i cant write a whole summary down, at least not today.}
Thank you for your interest and respectful response.

Date: August 26, 2019 02:36AM

If i have to mention a teaching that is relevant to most people in this group, from the New Message, would be related to the contact with other intelligent races, who uses persuasion and <spiritual teachings> to disable humans ability to discern and Know. It is whats we call mostly <new-age>.
Im sure most of you know about these, how they promote <law of attraction>, to focus on what you like, ignore what you dislike, etc.
These are often created by the alien intervention that is going on for some decades, using human <agents>. they claim to be <from the future>, <interdimensional>, <enlightened races>, etc. anything that makes us compliant.
This is an aspect that <cult hunters> show get to know, in my opinion.

Date: August 27, 2019 02:34AM

According to this Reddit post Summers or his followers also use Reddit for dishonest proselytizing.

r/AlienAgenda AND r/AlienAbduction are both Propaganda fronts for the mendacious NEW AGE, UFO CULT called: ALLIES OF HUMANITY, from Boulder, CO. These subreddits serve as a recruitment tool and a disinformation campaign for the followers of MARSHALL SUMMERS, whom they believe is the “NEW MESSIAH”

The "Marshall Vian Summers" Youtube channel advertises on Youtube. The top result when I searched youtube for "area 51" or "aliens" is an advertisement for their video "The Alien Agenda." See screenshots here: [imgur.com]
This kind of advertising costs a pretty penny.

The ad text is "Allies, Rescuers or Invaders? Disclosure interview. Watch now."

Once again, this is dishonest advertising. "Disclosure" is the holy grail of the UFO-community. Many in the community believe the government has secret files that prove that aliens have visited earth and are hoping/pushing for disclosure of these secrets. The ad plays into this by promising a "disclosure interview," which of course the advertised video isn't.

I watched the advertised video and didn't find it convincing at all. The stuff about aliens seems very far fetched to me. Granted, there were some interesting (but not original) spiritual insights interspersed between the vague sci-fi stuff, and when you don't focus on Summers' nervous mouth-tic he comes across in a soothing, reassuring way. I can see why some people get under his influence.

From the SkepDic entry on Summers:

Will some people find comfort and solace in the messages of Summers? Of course. Some may even find them to be inspiring. Does that mean they were genuine? No. Is the Society for the New Message from God, founded by Summers in 1992, a cult? I don't know, but one sure sign those considering joining Summers should look for is this: are you being encouraged to separate yourself from your family and friends who don't accept the authenticity of the prophet? If you are, run for the exit. Whatever comfort you are given by the charisma, joy, love, caring, and seeming wisdom of Summers or others trying to recruit you, it will not last, it is not genuine, and you will eventually regret the day you gave your mind over to a charlatan.

[skepdic.com]

Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.