Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teal Swan
Posted by: jameslbeard ()
Date: July 01, 2017 10:08PM

I'd like to flag up the New Age teacher Teal Swan as exercising a dangerous level of influence and control over the behavior and actions her followers, whom she calls 'Tealers', to a degree that could reasonably (I believe) be termed cult-like.

The most serious aspect of this control is a 'suicide challenge' which she poses to private clients, workshop attendees and via a number of online youtube videos and interviews.

A recent youtube video has compiled clips of the 'suicide challenge' being deployed and discussed, along with other aspects of her treatment of followers, methods, rhetoric and behaviors - all of which I believe point to serious matters of concern.

The video at present, can be viewed here - [www.youtube.com]

There are numerous other resources online that flesh out this information, which I can list in a separate post. If you are a follower of Teal Swan, or have a partner, friend, or relative that is, please consider and test what is being said against the evidence provided for safeguarding the health and well-being of those involved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teal Swan
Date: July 04, 2017 02:26PM

I have just read a report by an ex-follower of Teal Swan.
THERE IS NO DOUBT- she is a CULT LEADER

As stated above- please look into the complaints that former followers have posted.
Use your best judgement.
This woman is showing all the signs of narcissim and meglomaniacal behavior.

From a former member’s blog:

[thegohst.wordpress.com]

Date: July 11, 2017 03:40PM

Since the above former member's blog was posted online, an attempt was made to discredit the writer by a senior member in the Teal Swan organization, which has led to another counter article being posted.

If you are looking into/following this subject this is the latest development in the current chain of events.

[evonews.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 20, 2017 12:50AM

(Entire article here)

SPIRITUAL GURU OR DANGEROUS CULT LEADER?
By Addison Nugent

[www.ozy.com]

In 2012, Swan (born Mary Teal Bosworth) started posting YouTube videos claiming that from ages 6 to 19, she was ritualistically abused by a satanic cult. During those 13 years, she alleges, she was raped, tortured, sewn into a corpse and forced to watch the murders of immigrant children. She managed to escape with the help of her friend and business partner Blake Dyer, and, in 2005, she filed a police report but says there was insufficient evidence to prosecute her abusers. After a brief stint modeling, Swan began her spiritual healing practice in 2010. Her work since — including three books and many seminars — focuses on emotional healing and spiritual growth. All revenue from her books, online store and speaking engagements gets funneled through Teal Eye, a for-profit corporation.

Today her followers, aka the “Teal Tribe,” number 23,000 strong on Facebook. In addition, she has 403,000 subscribers on YouTube, 57,500 followers on Instagram and what she calls an “intentional community” in Costa Rica, where she and 20 others live together.

To ask Rick Ross, executive director of the Cult Education Institute, is to learn that Swan has a familiar M.O. “In my opinion, Teal Swan fits the pattern of a [cult leader],” he tells me. “She has apparently become an object of worship, and it seems that her charisma and supernatural claims are the driving force of her school of healing and workshops.”

Criticism, then, is par for the course, but Swan comes in for an extra helping because of her stance on suicide, which she has referred to as “the best option”

[www.youtube.com]

for some people, saying it’s like hitting the “reset button” on life. I take this to Ross, who calls Swan’s comments about suicide “deeply disturbing” and adds that “this is the difference between receiving counseling from a licensed professional and a self-help guru without meaningful credentials.”

and

After we finish the interview, Derek and I take the train back to Paris. I’m both pleased by how well it went and surprised at how taken with her I am. But the next day, I’m told that Swan posted about our meeting on her blog. “There are two different styles of interview, one is supportive and the other is antagonistic,” she begins, calling ours antagonistic because I asked about claims made against her. Unlike a supportive interview, she writes, which “is set up to make you look good,” the antagonistic interviewer “is already biased against you and is simply setting up the interview as a trap to make you look bad … [and] to make them feel personally validated.”

Did Swan mean for me to see this? Is it a warning? And then I’m reminded of something else she said during our interview: “For somebody who’s never had a sense of belonging, [Teal Tribe] becomes … their new family. Which works until the minute that someone has a falling out with me. … If anyone has an issue with me, turning against me, they stand to lose all these people they’re really close to.”

Swan posted that our interview had left her feeling “targeted.” Certainly not my intention, but the targeted part? Yeah, I get that.

Teal Swan devotees comment on "reset button" Youtube
Date: November 20, 2017 12:56AM

Comments following Youtube video by Teal Swan referenced in post above

Gives an idea of the enthusiasm of TS's devotees.

[www.youtube.com]

Teal Swan ? Brisbane Workshop Part 1

BatGirl Comics
Published on Jun 21, 2016
SUBSCRIBE 195
SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBED UNSUBSCRIBE
Visit Teal Swan Youtube Channel
[www.youtube.com]...
Teal Swan Official Site
[tealswan.com]

feel free to share thoughts below
any derogatory comments toward Teal Swan or to each other will be deleted!!!!! enjoy! :)
SHOW MORE
20 Comments
SORT BY

Tania T.
Tania T.
1 year ago
very Grateful to be able to expérience this thank you to whomever uploaded and Teal. greetings?

phytia
phytia
1 year ago
I did innerchild work while listening to this seminar.Thank you for the tools sweet Teal?????????????????

FocusReborn
FocusReborn
11 months ago
Ahh, she's my dream. :(?

Barbie
Barbie
1 year ago
cool ass music at the beginning?

name omitted for privacy - Corboy
10 months ago
That is so my workshop, thank you all for sharing your questions, your stories, EVERYONE! thank you Teal for your awesome work and most of all: Zac! I love you for sharing your committment-jorney, I'm so with you on that! Lots of Love!!! Lu?

Cynthia
Cynthia
6 months ago
"My sister killed herself."
"Just in time for my video."?

Tiberius Maximus
Tiberius Maximus
5 months ago (edited)
"just in time for my video"? oh my fucking word, you people are monsters. This woman needs a therapist for some serious counciling not for a sit down with a lying narcissistic sociopath Arcturian (tortured for 13 years by a Deranged Satanic Veterinarian Pimp) who thinks suicide is like pushing the reset button .?

View reply
Name omitted for privacy - Corboy
2 months ago
what are people leaving at the table on the stage????

View reply
name omitted for privacy - corboy
3 months ago
From all the comments I hope you are not going to let your minds go in her thrall she is supposed to be empowering , do n9t give your inner power to anyone!! Listen withe inner ear , and discern what is right only the individual knows we are all Spirit but different resonances noone needs a healer you need to do the work.?

fadingrosesblues fadingrosesblues
fadingrosesblues fadingrosesblues
4 months ago
wish the camera man would record properly
for goodness sake that sssshhhh?

adambakas13
adambakas13
5 months ago
She brought up the lego movie, I love her even more now!?

(In Hebrew. name - omitted for privacy Corboy
1 year ago
Is there a part 2??

Hanging Buoy
Hanging Buoy
1 year ago
thankyou for the upload :-)?

1 year ago
there was a part 2 and then it disappeared....???

View reply
?Amor?
?Amor?
1 year ago
i love the teal swan worshops i want see all of them :)?

name omitted for privacy-Corboy
1 year ago
She is such a wonderful lady!
I adore her so much!
Just watching her workshops helped me with a lot of issues!
Like literally A LOOOTTTT!
Thank you for uploading.
??
Read more

1 year ago
Love her so <3 thank you for uploading. :)?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 01:00AM by corboy.

Google Search "Teal Swan" Suicide
Date: November 20, 2017 01:11AM

Kudos to Google. The first citation on the search results is for the suicide prevention hotline.

"teal swan" suicide

[www.google.com]

How one person got hooked on Teal Swan - self report
Date: November 20, 2017 01:39AM

.This very informative comment follows the article (Title and URL below)

One person described why they originally found Teals material compelling.

ilostmyaccountOctober 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM
YOU KNOW: it just hit me. I was asking myself the question WHAT exactly bonded me with Teal when I found her videos on youtube 1.5 years ago? And there it was: FEAR-removal!!!

I remember going through ehr videos " there is no kharma", "god and hell doesn't exist" "you picked your parents yourself" "every shit that happened in life to you was wanted by my soul for higher purpose"...... a little summery of phrases which went on a rampage through my mind at this time. All have in common that they were perceived as very soothing, relaxing and fear was disappearing....as her convincing style and my fragile frame of mind i was in at this time...made it easy to take it all on board.ANy kind of shit that had happened to me, any kind of fear I was carrying around, were silenced.....WHAT AN EXPERIENCE. No wonder I was in awe with Teal the alien (hiya, Alien exist as well - great) :D

That was a strong hook. In this frame of mind, Teal is gorgeous, amazing, a blessing, needs to be protected from all evil, dedication towards her is on a high because of all the happy hormons which were flooding my body after easily dropping fearful beliefs in a second, with her "ask Teal series".

Now what?

They all came back after her story fall apart for me and trust is broken.... You kno - whenever you meet a spiritual storyteller... enjoy the time but be aware that it is just a tale and it is there to entertain you for a while.

Teal Swan: Allegations from Celestial Reflections

Oct 10, 2014
Former Insider: TEAL is "Deluded and Dangerous" – UPDATED
By LaVaughn

[www.celestialhealing.com]

Corboy I have used this article to collect and post some keywords for use by
future researchers

TT abbreviation stands for Teal Tribe

Different names reportedly used by "Teal Swan"

Teal Scott

Teal Bosworth Scott

Teal Swan (after marriage to Sarbdeep Singh Swanh)

Some comments that followed Celestial Reflections article

One person described why they originally found Teals material compelling.

ilostmyaccountOctober 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM
YOU KNOW: it just hit me. I was asking myself the question WHAT exactly bonded me with Teal when I found her videos on youtube 1.5 years ago? And there it was: FEAR-removal!!!

I remember going through ehr videos " there is no kharma", "god and hell doesn't exist" "you picked your parents yourself" "every shit that happened in life to you was wanted by my soul for higher purpose"...... a little summery of phrases which went on a rampage through my mind at this time. All have in common that they were perceived as very soothing, relaxing and fear was disappearing....as her convincing style and my fragile frame of mind i was in at this time...made it easy to take it all on board.ANy kind of shit that had happened to me, any kind of fear I was carrying around, were silenced.....WHAT AN EXPERIENCE. No wonder I was in awe with Teal the alien (hiya, Alien exist as well - great) :D

That was a strong hook. In this frame of mind, Teal is gorgeous, amazing, a blessing, needs to be protected from all evil, dedication towards her is on a high because of all the happy hormons which were flooding my body after easily dropping fearful beliefs in a second, with her "ask Teal series".

Now what?

They all came back after her story fall apart for me and trust is broken.... You kno - whenever you meet a spiritual storyteller... enjoy the time but be aware that it is just a tale and it is there to entertain you for a while.

ilostmyaccountOctober 19, 2014 at 10:47 AM
Boob signing - once you decide to admire sth. or sb. you are literally out of your mind :D

[www.facebook.com]

ilostmyaccountOctober 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM
zzb I ignored the strange interview style and Jessica's in between sale pitches... I was just interested in hearing and observing Cameron. Many people called her out on bitching - I don't see it. She was giving a detailed description of the personal treatment she received by TEal. There is no reason to let out the dirty stuff or details. In fact : details make it more real and for some reason, I can't see that she made it up.

LaVaughnOctober 19, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Good glory to God, she signed that woman's boobs. Wow. You know most of us bring, you know, books, if we want something signed. Books are filled with IDEAS. Is this gal following the teachings a spiritual leader or is she a groupie? This is rock star shit and it's disgusting enough in that world. When was the last time the Dalai Lama signed somebody's boobs?

Okay, my husband tells me I'm wrong. He's reminding of that time Bishop Tutu, the Right Reverend Spong, and the Dalai Lama performed at Lollapalooza and they were just signing body parts right and left. So I stand corrected. He's pretty sure teal was there. She was twirling all over the place in a gauzy skirt. Then she stole a Snapple out of his cooler. He's still pretty pissed about that. She owes him a Snapple.

ilostmyaccountOctober 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM
signature on boobs. Why not. :D

[www.youtube.com]

evinOctober 19, 2014 at 6:38 PM
Another note... This Cameron interview may have actually been a dog whistle to the craziest of the crazy of Teal's followers to double down on the weirdness. Boob signing being an indication of the caliber of Teal's fans. My guess is this interview may weed out the sane followers, but leave behind a concentration of the mentally unstable crazies for Teal to mind fuck and mold.... VERY SCARY future army indeed.

KevinOctober 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Here is a comment from a Logan Tait I found in the comments section of a youtube video with a description of the TEALERS that were already following Teal. His description of these people is not promising. Teal is exploiting fragile minds, and I don't see this ending well...
I just flew out from UT to see an old girlfriend of mine in Boston this past week, and I had no idea what I was walking into. I ended up in a house full of Teal followers, her new "family," and I have seen firsthand that they are all completely blind to what they've involved themselves in, and ignorant of the ridiculousness of a great deal of the things they believe.

I was there a couple of days before I was supposed to go to some Teal Swan event with this girl, and I said no fucking way the morning of and got on the next plane home. It's sad; mostly they seemed like a lot of lost and damaged people searching for community anywhere they can find it-- and frankly, breaking their backs financially to constantly travel and chase around this woman and buy tickets for her seminars, all to perpetuate belief in and study pseudo-spiritual science-substitutes, for which they pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get certified in, or what the fuck ever, really, I don't even know. My return flight home landed like two hours ago and my mind is blown by how nuts that experience was.

This girl that I know, the one I met up with in Boston, makes insane amounts of money for a person her age, and she squanders nearly all of it on this stuff, getting used by Teal and the rest of the smelly gang that can't hold down regular jobs or cope with reality. It wasn't creepy or dangerous as much as it was slimy, though I guess it was a bit of all three. Me and the old girlfriend had our own room at first, but one of the last straws for me prior to leaving was being told that we needed to move rooms and that we'd have to bunk with some of these people; many of whom seemed pretty emotionally disturbed. When I was faced with actually sharing space with them I realized that I didn't really feel safe or want to-- and in fact, as miserable as it was, I opted to sleep on the floor of the garage, just for the sake of privacy from the craziness.

Maybe you don't even really care about this too much anymore, sorry to blather. I just had to say something to somebody who also knows how insane all that shit is-- and honestly, it was heartbreaking to see this girl who I've cared about for a really long time completely sold on this scam, because she's a little gullible and wants to be loved.

It's hard for me to be judgmental, because many of the people seemed very nice and compassionate. And I'm no cult expert, but my understanding is that most cults have good, loving intentions.... at first.?"

948a83f0-526b-11e4-a48b-7b50a0d53b4c

October 12, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Teal Tribe (TealTribe.com) is not moderated unlike her blog. You can post anything on there and I'd personally like to see more people on there calling her out.

948a83f0-526b-11e4-a48b-7b50a0d53b4cOctober 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Cameron is spot on about the story regarding her parents. I know her parents are scientists and teachers. (Public records and a quick google search of their names.)

Jessica, it's not that her parents allow this behavior. They cannot do anything about it. Teal is a grown adult and she does what she wants. Obviously she has no regard for her family's reputation or feelings. I just really, really feel for them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 01:39AM by corboy.

Re: How one person got hooked on Teal Swan - self report
Date: November 20, 2017 01:54AM

On Celestial Reflections one commenter alleged that Teal Swan sometimes
names her sources.

Indeed, teal has perpetuated an idea that she has never had any training or study, formal or informal. Where I think that this raises concerns about her credibility, to many of her followers her credibility depends on all of it being revealed knowledge.

It turns out that teal occasionally reads books, and even underlines stuff. To not get information from many sources would be "super limiting" says teal. "I tell people where I get things from, if I get them from someone specifically, which is why I have so openly promoted Byron Katie."

Yeah, remember that time teal cited a source. Byron Katie, one of only obvious sources of her words and ideas that teal actually acknowledges

Right here - Corboy

[web.archive.org]

... except when she doesn't.

[tealswan.com] (dead link- Corboy)

But -- past this link into the Wayback Machine - Internet Archives - and here it is.

[web.archive.org]

All in all, this was a fascinating look at teal's communication methods and rhetoric. No one is ever a victim, not of people, not of any kind of entity, and she cannot be held responsible for what people law of attract. Yet she is a master at garnering pity from her followers for the horrible abuses she has suffered, whether it's from Mormon Satanists, or from her critics. No one is an injured party but teal victimized and revictimized and struggling to recover.

"if you would have seen me at age 19... cutting every week and seizuring and having sex with anything that gave me anything..."

And, man oh man, does that woman like gifts.

Posted by: The Falconer ()
Date: March 17, 2018 04:17AM

Date: June 14, 2018 01:31AM

Gizmodo Launches 'The Gateway,' an Investigative Podcast About Teal Swan >

[gizmodo.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.