Rationalizing abusive public figures as 'complicated'
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 29, 2020 09:50PM

This was written about a recently deceased sports celebrity.

However, it applies just as well to gurus.

Ironically, or maybe not ironically, nothing smooths this complication more easily than the word "complicated": Be sure to include it in your hosannas.

It is a way to skip past the discomfort and ambiguity of actually grappling with the acclaimed celebrity's monstrousness straight to the part where you congratulate yourself for having done so.

I have integrated the fullness of this imperfect person; when I now return to praising him, be sure that it is with the appropriate level of personal internal conflicted feeling.

[www.vice.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 30, 2020 03:23AM

Just found some new "Mooji criticism"videos.
It's good more and more people are seeing through him, and putting stuff out there.

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 30, 2020 07:13AM

clearvision Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just found some new "Mooji criticism"videos.
> It's good more and more people are seeing through
> him, and putting stuff out there.
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> [www.youtube.com]
> [www.youtube.com]

+

Pt. 4 [youtu.be]
Pt. 5 [youtu.be]
Pt. 6 [youtu.be]
Pt. 7 [youtu.be]
Pt. 8 [youtu.be]

Date: January 30, 2020 07:21AM

Date: January 30, 2020 07:55AM

In the interests of knowing who you're listening to, here's that guy's own website:

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 30, 2020 11:40PM

Beware, this guy with a big black microphone at YT above is mentally sick and very angry person, do not listen to him....

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: January 31, 2020 12:27AM

Horowitz Wrote:
> Mooji has arranged five satsangs in Tiruvannamalai
> to attract the attention of Ramanashram visitors,
> tourists, and some communities that temporarily
> live there, in spite of the fact that Mooji was
> banned from Tiruvannamalai 8 years ago, after
> Hindu marriage with Radha there and wild parties
> with his followers there: Mooji not returning
> to Tiruvannamalai:
> [richardarunachala.wordpress.com]
>
> In Tiruvannamalai satsang, someone asks Mooji to
> show his real human side/face and mentioned some
> misled people, who committed or try commit
> suicides. Mooji got upset and was furious again,
> there are too many real accusations towards him
> people know about them. At 1:03:48:
> [www.youtube.com]:
> Tiruvannamalai - The Self — Most Obvious And Most
> Obviously Missed

This video is now getting a lot of attention on the net thanks to Guruphiliac Facebook Page with more than 35 comments under it..

Another heron being shot, sorry i meant a new hero is being born in the middle of a Moo satsang, someone who dares question a questionable authority..

Date: January 31, 2020 02:00AM

Horowitz Wrote:
> Beware, this guy with a big black microphone at YT
> above is mentally sick and very angry person, do
> not listen to him....

You mean the guy with the white microphone, I think!

Well, I listened to all 8 parts and found it very useful. He explained a lot that will help with my recovery from Mooji. Particularly what he says about power dynamics & about directing attention.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 02:01AM by hesaverynaughtyboy.

Date: January 31, 2020 02:03AM

Valma Wrote:
> This video is now getting a lot of attention
> on the net thanks to Guruphiliac Facebook Page
> with more than 35 comments under it..
>
> Another heron being shot, sorry i meant a new hero
> is being born in the middle of a Moo satsang,
> someone who dares question a questionable
> authority..

The author of this article has also written a long comment about it, and edited it into the article:

[www.kosi.org]

Re: How the online guru videos make us feel
Posted by: George x ()
Date: February 04, 2020 06:00AM

"My journey into the dark, hypnotic world of a millennial guru"
that got me. i got mine from the lovelly dingy monster eckart tolle.

Guys now that i am really "awaking" and getting out of the hole i had fall into. I see it more and more. Youtube and online "searching' ARE ADDICTIVE. There might be surveys and people talk about it but i believe it s a lot bigger than public opinion thinks. (i am not against the internet , hell i am right here now writting online but it s not smoking nor obbesity our eras "plague" IT S THE INTERNET AND VIDEO STREAMING.i ma 25 and it s strange it sounds strange even to me for a 25 to say this but it s the truth. We have understimated the "side effects" of the online platforms and medio. i mean it s the new tv, or old now :P.
But most things start from us anyways. It s we that fall naivingly to these scams.( on the other hand if we knew where we were going we wouldn t but anyways)
These excperiences this so painful and almost traumatic experiences(i mean we played with fire and got burned. It s like i gave my souls wheel to sb else without even really wanting i didn t know i was doing it.) should be a lesson we move on to our lifes better and stronger than ever.
The more i "get out" there more i see that this man Eckart tolle (i don t know about many others hopefuly didnt had the luck, and that is was shocked me a little well more than little that THE ARE MANY of them out there and the sad thing is there are many people who suffer/ed and start to recover. It feel angry about those scams ). Anyways e.t. is a lot more dangerous man than he seems. I don t even know if he has the intention to do so or not. but. you see intention doesn t hide the dirt or balances for damage. Hitler was thinking he was slaughtering so to create a better world. Communists did the same. It s the same pattern. Only now it has a different label "Spiritual".IT S A FUCKING TRAP THAT WHAT IT IS. Ofcourse e.t. hasn t slaughter anyone physically...But you see? For hitler it is easy to say because he made it so obvious But sb like tolle makes it even harder to be seen because he comes out as a "good guy".And that is what makes scams like tolle (or else) better than hittler. The resistance and defenses against a "words artist-charlatan" like tolle are gonna be lower which makes easier for the "pill to go down".
In the end the world has always been a place thats charlatans and filthy people never missed. It s not really somethings so new.
It s we that were naive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.