Date: January 22, 2020 01:19AM

Sahara71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A good Youtube clip which I found helpful in
> understanding the pitfalls of Advaita was this one
> (which I've shared before):
>
> [youtube.com]

Yes, that video is priceless :-) I think I've been in that trap also, and still getting out of it. The thing about it that's so hard to talk about, is that there exists the phenomenon of an intense "awakening" experience in which you recognize that what you really are, the true subject of experience, was never located in this reality (spacetime), because it's timeless and spaceless. This experience comes with intense energy and bliss, and a feeling of having arrived, having found the truth, and often with a desire to share this truth (some would call it "zealotry"). But it's only half of the truth; there is still identification with separation (with what's called "the watcher dimension" in this description of the ox herding metaphors for 10 stages of enlightenment~ [blog.buddhagroove.com] , see stage 7).

It's unfortunate that such an unknown and un-understood phenomenon plays a big role in this discussion, and in the discussion of many other guru-types. They often have had some actual awakening but it's a partial truth that they've seen, and they're stuck there. As soon as they start teaching, they take on the role of the one who knows, who has arrived. But they don't and they haven't. They're stuck is a stage where their identification has been focused on an untouchable position, but it's untenable, because it's not true, as I tried to describe in my earlier post. The dismissal of the reality of the world is based in this identity-position, and because they use this dismissal as their coping-strategy, they can't leave this position; they're stuck. It's a case of arrested development, and I think Advaita is especially prone to producing this problem. Or maybe the problem is with Neo-advaita.

Anyway, this is the last I'll write about this topic on this forum, because like Corboy said in an earlier case I brought this up, it's not particularly fruitful to discuss privileged experiences that aren't available for assessment to everyone (I'm paraphrasing).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: January 22, 2020 09:48AM

Good material on the cult of Mooji in this article here: "SEASON OF THE LIE" by Kosi Ireland [www.kosi.org]

Here are a couple of excerpts:

"Florentin (Flo) Camoin and Helen Kelby are dead. Flo committed suicide at Mooji’s ashram known as Monte Sahaja—a spiritual community in Portugal steeped in the teaching of his master HWL Poonja better known as Papaji. Helen reportedly killed herself in India during a Mooji retreat. Indescribable heartbreak is the word that best describes the earth-shattering feeling of loved ones left behind when someone they love takes their own life—suicide is brutally painful and often an earth-shattering shock. But many current and former students of Mooji were not at all shocked or surprised by this news. This lack of surprise combined with emerging reports of outrageous, even depraved, abuse Mooji allegedly wields against his students is like a depth charge that has sent seismic shock waves throughout the global satsang community or what has been coined the Neo Advaita satsang movement."

"The allegations against Mooji are so egregious it is not only pulling the rug out from underneath his enlightened master image it is destroying the reputation of Monte Sahaja and his cultish community. Unfortunately, as heartbreaking as this situation is, the reports of former Mooji students sounds all too familiar and reflect a similar excruciatingly painful experience with Gangaji and her husband, who are both students of Papaji. This reveals a pattern of abuse that can no longer be ignored."

"Now two beautiful people are dead and there are credible reports that Mooji is running an abusive cult instead of an ashram that supports liberation, which includes verbal abuse and other bizarre behavior including demonic exorcisms as well as depraved sex abuse of young “hot” women some students described as his concubines. Apparently, Mooji is known to promise these young impressionable women that sex with him will facilitate their liberation and divine union with God."

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: January 22, 2020 04:41PM

Thank you so much clearvision, that is a long but worthwile read!

I can't resist quoting some of it further:

"A student of Mooji’s expressed shock when he discovered Mooji was having sex with very young female students at Monte Sahaja ashram as well as during retreats in India. In response to this concern, Mooji whispered, "Hush, this is fine, this is fine, guru may share love with many.”

This is not love. Teachers who pursue students for sexual pleasure and discount any concerns with the false promises or the blatantly outrageous lie that it will somehow facilitate the woman’s spiritual evolution are sexual predators not masters or gurus. This is simply gross psychological manipulation. If it is “fine” then what is the reason for “hushing” or silencing students concerns about what he is actually doing or is the real reason a simple tactic to avoid any responsibility? What is the real purpose for threatening former students with lawsuits when there is mounting evidence to the contrary of his very public denial? All of this is a clue that he is has an enormous ego well hidden behind his guru facade. He is obviously well aware sex with students is not appropriate behavior or he simply wouldn’t “hush” anyone’s concern.

This is a travesty of huge proportions and there is no real accountability for this treachery due to the predominant western arrogance and deep-seated belief that instant effortless enlightenment is real—the great season of the lie propagated by the Neo Advaita satsang movement that has lulled so many into a delusional belief they are enlightened masters or the pervasive delusion that you can instantly jump off the ancient karmic wheel of samsara in less than a finger snap. This belief is arrogantly defended in snobby neo satsang circles, even wikipedia, and endlessly discussed as radical rogue neo enlightenment that works. This strokes the collective ego with its esoteric garbage presented as the absolute truth and sets the stage for continued abuse with no accountability. "

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 05:41AM

Geez, this person called 'Kosi' really has it in for both Mooji and Gangaji! A very, very interesting read!

[www.kosi.org]

Not a lot of new information, I must say, except for the fact that Kosi attempted to counsel one of Moo's ex-students who sadly literally did lose her 'mind' at Moo's compound.

Moo and his team did nothing to try to facilitate this student's recovery, except to send her home- where she would cease to be a problem to them. Let's hope she had medical insurance and received the care she needed.

It's further evidence that Moo's so-called 'teachings' can cause psychological dissociation, and potentially psychosis - which can lead to suicide.

The article is well-written and I guess we can assume that Moo's team will not bother with legal action against 'Kosi', since there is now so many on-line complaints against Moo that it would be a logistics nightmare to try and pursue legal action against them all! But who knows?

I had some difficulty in finding out Kosi's real name - perhaps someone reading this knows? I will say that unfortunately her 'Satsung' or whatever it is, does look suspiciously like hypnotic trance, but where is the surprise there?

Take a look is you want to feel really relaxed and spaced-out for the day: (watch with caution)

[youtube.com]

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: January 26, 2020 09:53PM

Mooji has arranged five satsangs in Tiruvannamalai to attract the attention of Ramanashram visitors, tourists, and some communities that temporarily live there, in spite of the fact that Mooji was banned from Tiruvannamalai 8 years ago, after Hindu marriage with Radha there and wild parties with his followers there: Mooji not returning to Tiruvannamalai: [richardarunachala.wordpress.com]

In Tiruvannamalai satsang, someone asks Mooji to show his real human side/face and mentioned some misled people, who committed or try commit suicides. Mooji got upset and was furious again, there are too many real accusations towards him people know about them. At 1:03:48: [www.youtube.com]:
Tiruvannamalai - The Self — Most Obvious And Most Obviously Missed

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 26, 2020 11:20PM

They probably need more fresh meat, excuse us they're vegetarian, no, they need more peons willing to do hard labor in Portugal while living in shabby housing and willing to crap in holes.

This winter we have flu season, there are grave concerns about the new coronavirus outbreak.

Some countries have a major upsurge in measles.

So, anyone going to Sahaja to do peon, excuse us, seva, get advice on the which immunization jabs to get.

Hepatitis A is spread through fecal oral contamination, aka dirty food and water. In the US we've had severe Hep A outbreaks among people who are homeless, living in tent encampments.

In Los Angeles there was an outbreak of murine typhus, a mild version of epidemic typhus. It spread from homeless encampments into City Hall and sickened a city employee.

Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 04:16AM

Howowitz, that is so interesting.

Moo is given a chance to address the issue of suicide among his followers and he gets very angry pointing his finger and shouting "lies, lies, lies" at the man who raises the issue with him.

[youtube.com] around 1.05

The man was also concerned about a friend who was following Mooji and now has psychological issues. She is staying inside in her room, screaming at the walls, while the man has been trying to convince her to get psychological help. Apparently, Moo told this girl to "drop everything' and so she did. But of course you can't just 'drop everything'. If you did, you would no longer be able to function!

The technicians panic and cut the sound to the microphone, so the man making the complaint can't be heard. Mooji continues on a rant, regardless, calling the man a liar. It's pretty embarrassing. (and well worth a watch)

Eventually, a middle-aged woman takes the microphone and shuts Moo up, because he's making himself look rather guilty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2020 04:17AM by Sahara71.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: January 27, 2020 03:23PM

>
> Eventually, a middle-aged woman takes the
> microphone and shuts Moo up, because he's making
> himself look rather guilty.

The middle-aged woman is one of his long-term devotees: [mooji.org]

She stops the discussion before it gets to any satisfactory resolution. Moo could have invited the man to see him later to talk about this troubled girl. But he didn't, he angrily sent the concerned man away, a man quite brave to challenge the Master in the middle of a fully enthralled audience.

Well,i was amongst such audience once upon a very long time. Maybe some will have eyes to see and ears to hear what is amiss here, but most of them won't.

Date: January 27, 2020 09:07PM

Here's a rare photo of Mooji at his chai stall in Brixton in 2003. I think back then he'll have been a really nice guy that you'd have been happy to have met:

[web.archive.org]

It's such a tragedy both for him and his victims that all the adulation has got to him, he's gone mad and become a belligerent and deranged dictator!

Date: January 28, 2020 06:49AM

This video is good, seems relevant!:

"Am I in a Cult? | Red Flags, Advice, How to Get Out"

[www.youtube.com]

E.g. 17m43s in relation to the satsang video posted above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2020 07:00AM by hesaverynaughtyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.