> but to take the 2 interviews down. If there are
> any tech-savy people here, it would be good if
> someone could
> save all the
> comments and links in-case they
> dissapear!

>
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/Batgap/permalink/2351446775081109/

Clearvision, could you repost the discussion here for those of us that don't have Facebook?

You can just use the PrtScrn key on your keyboard then paste the image in Paint, and upload it to any free image host. And post the image link here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mooji a cult?
Posted by: Sahara71 ()
Date: March 02, 2019 06:11AM

Hesaverynaughtyboy,

I have deliberated about posting comments from the Batgap Facebook page here on Cult Ed, but I decided it was not ethical.

The Batgap Facebook community is a closed group, which means that technically the comments there can only be seen by the six thousand or so people who are part of that group. This is in contrast to the Mooji Sangha Official Facebook page, which is completely public and can be seen by people who are not even on Facebook itself.

I have no hesitation about sharing comments from a plublic page, be that from Youtube, Facebook or Gururating.org.

However, to protect the integrity of the Batgap Fb group, I feel that their comments should not be shared here. If anyone would like to read the comments and write about a particular comment without naming the contributor, then I think that is fair.

Similarly, if any information comes to me from individuals behind the scenes, I do not share that information publicly, as I do not feel that it is ethical to do so.

I can say that the comments on Batgap are, for the most part, pretty similar to what you will read here.

Did I get that right? I think Batgap might have two different Fb identities - one is 'closed'-the community - and one is public. The public one we could share comments from, if anyone wants to.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 06:26AM by Sahara71.

Date: March 02, 2019 04:13PM

Sahara71, point taken.

But still, if there are any particularly valuable and credible first-hand accounts posted there, perhaps they could be reposted here without attribution, just by copying and pasting the text itself but not the author's name.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 02, 2019 09:54PM

Guys, lets hold back on posting material discussed in a closed group elsewhere.

Remember, at least one person has said that Moo's minions reportedly spy on
residents at Monte Sahaja.

A private closed to the public group may be what's needed for some people to
recover and heal - and also compare reports.

Some of what is said in a closed discussion may later become public.

So I urge that we not post private discussion material. We don't want to risk reproducing the behavior reportedly occurring at Monte Sahaja.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 02, 2019 11:41PM

PREM LEELA musician is a new Mooji’s troubadour, the whole concert, and his Mooji servile lyrics (“Moojibaba vibes..”) have been the pure adoration and worshiping Mooji’s guru cult. It has been on Sat evening in Rishikesh, 2/3/19. PREM LEELA CONCER: [www.facebook.com]

There is a lot of music bands around Mooji, PREM LEELA band, bhajan, and others, they want to create an illusory atmosphere of a spiritual and music festival in Rishikesh, but a weird devotional and pathological cult of Mooji is continually present there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2019 11:47PM by Horowitz.

Posted by: Horowitz ()
Date: March 03, 2019 03:17AM

Almost everybody knows that Gangaji was a disciple of H. Poonja, or she claims to be one similar like Mooji. Later, she married “spiritual” teacher Jaxon-Bear and they both established an ashram in Oregon with the Leela foundation and Gangaji foundation in the 90s. Eli Jaxon-Bear and Gangaji: Freedom in Relationship: [www.youtube.com]

“In October 2005, Jaxon-Bear admitted to his wife Gangaji that he had recently ended a three-year affair with an adult female student who was at the time employed as the executive director of his organization, the Leela Foundation. After a brief separation, Jaxon-Bear and Gangaji reconciled in December 2005. In October 2006, he disclosed the extramarital relationship to the Gangaji Foundation board of directors and staff. Subsequently the executive director and board of foundation issued an open letter stating, "What was initially seen as a matter between two adults is now recognized to be a betrayal of the teacher/student relationship and an abuse of power".[16] The letter added:
The repercussions of this betrayal are reverberating in ways that were never imagined, but are very painful. The deepest truths do not excuse or justify our failures and betrayals as human beings. Gratefully though, without minimizing or spiritualizing the damage done, love remains and sustains all. It is only in love that we can truly meet the pain that comes with being human. Ever more so, we can commit ourselves to the compassion that love provides and to tell the truth more clearly and honestly to others and ourselves.[16]”….
[en.wikipedia.org].

Similar patters and relationships, one can see in the Mooji’s community, Mooji’s foundation based directly in Monte sahaja ashram, but there is one huge difference here, Mooji’s foundation and its board cover Mooji”s teacher/student/employee sex relationships up or pretend not to know anything about it, or even they send out a letter to consider taking some legal actions against people, who point to that….. a foundation is a tax-free organization and a higher ethics is expected.....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 03:34AM by Horowitz.

Posted by: clearvision ()
Date: March 03, 2019 04:06AM

Good points Horowitz...(about Gangaji) I just saw this on the No Ramana Maharshi Lineage facebook page yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/notes/no-ramana-maharshi-lineage/false-lineage-narrative-with-gangaji/652542658497480/

Here's an excerpt:

"I think the REAL PROBLEM isn't the specifics of the sexual abuse of the teacher-student or therapist-client relationship by Eli, the coverup by Gangaji, and the aftermath of their secrecy, lying and then "spinning" of the situation to preserve their reputation and assets, but the original corrupt dynamics of trying to institute a "lineage," a lineage "from Ramana Maharshi"

Someone wrote in the comments to that post: "We had to close our eyes and be quiet on Gangajis arrival like she was some other worldly angel."

It's interesting to look at the parallels between Gangaji's and Mooji's guru-businesses. They both claim full enlightenment after meeting Papaji.. Apparently in both cases, and of course the notorious case of the disgraced Andrew Cohen, meeting Papaji does not produce "full enlightenment"

Mooji is milking this myth for all it's worth, but we're not fooled...

Bliss proves nothing...a story from a Cohen ex disciple.
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:02AM

Bliss proves nothing. A cruel and selfish person can learn techniques of bliss production.

This is a comment that was in the list of customer reviews for Andre Van der Braak's Enlightenment Blues- Braak was another former disciple of Cohen's.''

DC Girl was a former disciple of Andrew Cohen (claimed via Poonja that he was in the lineage of Maharshi)

[www.amazon.com]

DC gal
4.0 out of 5 starsStill confused about Andrew
July 21, 2004
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I met Andrew Cohen in 1993 in Santa Monica, CA. He taught for three consecutive nights. I wasn't particularly impressed by anything he said. But as I was leaving on the third night, I was overcome by a feeling of indescribable bliss and physical pleasure that lasted for the next ten days!

note: if you have never experienced samadhi, you will probably think you understand it--but you do not.

I was suffused with joy and peace. I felt no fear. I experienced myself as infinite, as filling all space. Of course that sounds ridiculous, because the experience was beyond the mind and cannot be grasped by the mind. I have never felt anything like it before or since. I knew then and still believe I was seeing true spiritual reality.

I ended up going to see Andrew in Oregon, then northern California, India and Nepal. I became disillusioned. I said I needed time alone to read and his students (the senior enforcers) said "you don't need to read. Andrew doesn't read."

His students copied him in eerie ways. Andrew was into kick-boxing, so they were into kickboxing. Andrew wore vests, they wore vests. Some of them even adopted his nasal way of speaking.

I heard that when people left the group it was often without warning, in the middle of the night.

When I began to ask the tough questions, the group ostracized me. Andrew refused to take any of my questions in public anymore, if I had questions I had to ask him privately. But when I was alone with him I would feel such bliss that all my questions seemed to fade away. (No, there was never anything sexual). I later heard from a member of the group that even a year later, in India, he had refused for days to take any questions from a certain woman because she looked like me! Andrew was certainly NOT used to being publicly asked any questions that made him look bad. So I made an impression.

After coming back from Asia, I made one last trip to Marin to make sure I was really through with Andrew. With sorrow, I decided I was. He had gathered up a whole new batch of recruits at his India retreat and become even more facist in his demands for money, for allegiance, for devotion to the cause.

I'll never forget the delicious feeling of freedom I had on the night I left, driving south over the Golden Gate bridge at 2 am, knowing I was through with Andrew. I couldn't stop grinning! He promises freedom but his students end up in bondage.

Okay, so I don't want to be an inmate in his prison. But how did he transmit those amazing, ecstatic, mind-blowing, heart-blowing, soul-blowing, experiences of samadhi to me--and to Andre and hundreds of others? That is the $64,000 question.
Read less

Posted by: 2cents ()
Date: March 03, 2019 10:32AM

"In my Father's house there are many mansions" - many planes and dimensions populated by non-physical entities who enjoy the heightened energies a 3D human emits in states of bliss, fear, debauchery, etc. It is their psychic 'food'. This 'entity' phenomenon is very common and I've encountered it with clients in my work. It may be that someone like Andrew is manipulated from the unseen realm and certain states may arise for 'their' pleasure. I know this may seem woo-woo to some, but just sayin'...

Posted by: zizlz ()
Date: March 03, 2019 11:31AM

Okay, so I don't want to be an inmate in his prison. But how did he transmit those amazing, ecstatic, mind-blowing, heart-blowing, soul-blowing, experiences of samadhi to me--and to Andre and hundreds of others? That is the $64,000 question.

This is a strange thing. In the West we're not familiar with this phenomenon. In India it's known as shaktipat. I've experienced it myself on several occasions. With one person, the "bliss field" around him was so strong I couldn't do anything other than cry my eyes out for at least half an hour. It was really embarrassing. This was another student of Papaji. I won't mention him by name because he's a benevolent guy who doesn't deserve being dragged into a thread about a cult leader. While I was having this experience, some other people around him seemed totally unaffected, so it seems not everyone is sensitive to it.

So from experience I know shaktipat is a real thing. I've heard people describe experiencing this bliss strongly in the presence of Osho, Mooji and Amma.

I don't quite know what to make of this phenomenon, but at least judging by Osho's and Mooji's actions, these shaktipat-people aren't necessarily free from needy, narcissistic and manipulative tendencies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2019 11:35AM by zizlz.

Current Page: 87 of 261

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.