Current Page: 3 of 4
Recruiting white Westerners brings prestige to Indian gurus
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 24, 2016 10:04AM

IanKovaic wrote:

While traditional gaudiya vaishnavas huddled in forests and around mayapur, puri and vrndavana and had few if any disciples—focusing mainly on their simple practice and belief system, there is much emphasis in modern day movements on worldwide preaching and initiations of thousands of "disciples"

Part of it is filthy lucre. The more disciples, the more moola. The various Krishna businesses in and around Vrindavan also get rich the more Krishnite tourists come to town.

There is yet another incentive to manufacture large numbers of disciples - doing so brings prestige. And if one can recruit many Western disciples, and better ye3t have lots of them grovelling to you in public, an Indian guru's status is greatly increased.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Prabhupada was a no name bloke when he left India and shipped off to the USA.

When he returned to India, waited on hand and foot by American and British converts, Prabhupada was lionised by the great and good of India.

Ditto for Mahrishi and the other commercial gurus. Having lots of submissive white Western devotees is sheer delight for these status conscious, caste conscious entrepreneurs.

Make no mistake, Hindu Indians are obsessed with skin color, the whiter the better.

[www.google.com]

Just look at the marriage ads.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hare Krishna sects not related to Chris Butler/SOI
Posted by: dharmabum ()
Date: April 25, 2016 02:55PM

Great point there, Corboy.

The book, Monkey on a Stick by John Hubner and Lindsey Gruson sheds light on the insanity and depravity of Krishna theology. Behind the over-eagerness to propagate Krishna consciousness and to finance ISKCON’s ambitious humanitarian projects, outreach programs and temple building was an overarching mentality that "the end justifies the means". All things belong to Krishna and that justifies criminal activities, betrayals and even murders; for the victims, there really are none, because they get rewarded too – that Krishna grants them special favors for their roles in the spiritual game Krishna devotees play for the benefit of all mankind.

The book is an eye-opener to the twisted values this seemingly silly and benign chant and the cosmology it is based on create or are capable of when applied to the Western mind and context.

To better understand what could lie behind the operation of any Krishna-based movements, like that of Kirtananda’s and Jagad Guru Siddhaswarup’s, and for
people born into these groups, this is a must read, and beautifully written too. This book should be a movie one day.

[www.goodreads.com]

Posted by: dabcult ()
Date: April 26, 2016 11:03PM

A few weeks ago I had 2 Jehovah witnesses knock at my door ...and just to have a conversation ..i let them in my home and they started talking...and talking and talking ...It was easy to quickly realize that they where totally brainwash
they had all the awnsers prepare for all the questions ...and they where mostly totally ignorant of Buddhism and Hinduism ...and then I met a few young Mormons
while visiting Ashville North Carolina and it was more of the same .Then I met a dozen Hare Krishna in the streets when I was Tel Aviv in Israel ..a few months ago ...and again more of the same prepare response to any questions ... Krishna is the real God ..on and on ...but it was worst for the Hare Krishnas because none of them could really speak or read english ...They depended on some very few translations of the books of Swami Bhaktivedanta ...and trusted a Hare Krishna Swami that mostly live in Russia .
This made me think how easy it is to fill the mind of converts with specific informations ...and turn them loose to go and convert more people .

Then I tought of me when I was 19 years old in 1969 meeting the Hare krishna in Los Angeles and how I just surrendered my mind and my heart to Swami Bhaktivedanta and the theology of the blue God Krishna ...i was already a speed reader ...so I read everything Swami Bhaktivedanta had written
and just accepted everything that he said ..no questions ask ...and then I was with him in India pretty much 24/7 for 6 months serving him ...Then without questioning I was sent to open centers in South America and there I convince hundreds of people that blue God Krishna was the Supreme personality of Godhead
By then I was a Swami that had promise to Swami Bhaktivedanta to never have sex ever again I was 23 years old ...When I did have sex I wanted to do as a few other Swami had done ...commit suicide ..(but fortunatly my futur wife became pregnant ...and I abandon the idea f suicide ).That is HOW BRAINWASH I WAS .It took years to slowly be able to deprogrammed myself .
So now i am saying there is not one single proof that Krishna ever existed
NONE ... Now I can say that the stories that a Hare Krishna as to believe are just ...unbelievable and mostly crasy stuff
compare to the life of Jesus or Buddha ...Krishna lifting a montain with one finger .....10,000 wifes and he could be in 10,000 palaces at the same time with them ...fight with Demons that where miles high ...on and on and on and on
Some sages 3000 miles ago might have wrote these stories to explain philosophy to a mainly uneducated masses of Indians ...but Historically it does not make any senses....And then we have one of the recipient of theses stories Chris Butler who declare himself JAGAT guru ....the one and only pure representative of Lord Krishna on earth ... who makes thousands of people adore him ...even dishing his toe nails as a form of HOLY COMUNION.. because he is so dear to Krishna ...and making millions of dollars on the back of quasi slaves disciples ...with also the help of very devoted drug dealers ...and then putting in congress a completely brainwash Tulsi Gabbard that as been feed that PURE DEVOTEE JAGAT GURU SOUP since she was born .
Now folks ...I will let it to your jugement to realize the immensity of this
tremendous SCAM..and lets not forget the 1000 kids that went the the Hare Krishna schools and where beaten and sexually molested ...now 25 of them have committed suicide unable to live with the abuses they have received ..
ITS AN IMMENSE DECEPTIONS

Date: May 01, 2016 02:59AM

“Let him be the monkey on a stick and let us have no more of that.”

When a monkey breaks into a banana plantation in India, the farm’s owners kill the monkey, impale him on a stick, and leave him to rot outside the plantation. Other monkeys see him hanging there and stay away from the bananas. Monkey on a Stick, Chapter 1, p. 17

At least, the Krishnas stopped impaling oppositions. The internet made it risky, costly and almost impossible. Besides, that is just too old-fashion. Enemies just get sued in court. Even if you have successfully defended yourself, chances are you are left penniless and mentally broken. Old trick but effective. The result is the same.

The problem is, truth comes out in time and is independent of oppositions. Just an opinion.

Date: May 05, 2016 01:02PM

Aum Beep Beep - Book Review By Radhika Bianchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwgB9AEqLP4

THE STORY OF HINDUISM
BY VIPUL TRIVEDI

[www.aumbeepbeep.com]

Just because a book or books were written thousands and thousands of years ago does not automatically guarantee Truth. The fact is, ancient books are not sophisticatedly written as proponents make them out to be, including the Bible. If scrutinized and openly debated they don’t pass the smell test, notably on scientific, historic, cultural, political and even ethical issues.

Modern humans are just fixated on anything ancient and almost always associate it to the divine. The fact is, the average person today is hundred times more literate than the most elevated scholars from the Bronze Age Civilization.

One social problem that fixation causes is ancient knowledge oftentimes becomes a license for religious charlatans to dupe naïve and impressionable people into made up belief systems that cause hurt and hardship to unsuspecting victims, including children. Society has enough problems from established religions which rights are guaranteed by the law, but when cults assume the same rights, that always proved to be even more problematic because compared to established religions, cults are more insidious, militant and usually abusive in their operations and proselytizing. Checks and balances are not equal to that of an established or mainstream belief system. Laws and awareness are called for to help safeguard the rights of a child against veiled religious rights.

As long as the majority of us still cling on that fixation, religion will always be a sure bet money spinner. Cults will never go away.

Please read: Cults Inside Out: How People Get In and Can Get Out
by Rick Alan Ross
[www.amazon.com]

PLEASE HELP TO FREE CHILD SLAVES IN INDIA.

Did you know that there are millions of child slaves in India? These are mainly children whose poverty stricken parents have been forced by circumstances to sell them into bonded labour. This is nothing but a form of modern day slavery. These children come mainly from the Dalit caste. A human rights watch report has informed that there are between 60 and 115 million child workers in India. That is more than the entire population of the UK!

For a human being to suffer, in this day and age, the indignity of untouchability is nothing short of a crime against humanity. Caste injustices, created and perpetuated in the name of god, are so utterly degrading and dehumanising that they should not be allowed to continue. It is time to admit that caste was not created by god; that god did not create the Dalits to serve the rest of us. We may not be able to change the world but we can do our little bit.

There are many organisations which campaign for abolition of child labour and freedom of slaves. One of them is the Bachpan Bachao Andolan which operates in India. There are other organisations which fight for Dalit rights, many of them based in the UK.

For more information on the types of challenges faced by Dalits please visit the Dalit Forum site.

Posted by: IanKoviak ()
Date: May 05, 2016 07:37PM

For a country that gave us great philosophical traditions and culturally rich expressions of art and literature, India has got to be the most backwards and socially and politically crippled country today. I think a lot of it has to do with a continued naive adherence to do called Vedic code and thought and belief in its mythology. A country so full of temples yet barely a public bathroom to find, is a courtyard that fails to deal with real social issues and prefers fantasy and myth as it guiding light.

The radhika videos show and highlight the downfall and mental fallout these idealized cult leaders and their proposed perfect philosophies leave must followed struggling with. It's a complete negligence of reality where disciples and devotees hang in the words of a guru to tell them what to believe. The gurus words are considered golden even when riddled with inconsistent, contradictions or just downright BS.

The cheese factor in the myths is so high that even noble attempts at trying to portray it in movies lacks any sophistication to appeal to anyone with an iota of modern comprehension.

Apologists make every effort to try to show some symbolic correlations in the scriptures only to weave something even more convoluted and frustrating.

To try to justify and make sense of it all devotees stoop even lower by spending valuable time spreading half truth, misinformation or laughable articals around the internet trying to show that the sunken city of Dwarka was found or that the Lanka bridge exists or that flying saucers and nuclear weapons were commonplace in ancient times. It's sad and has powerful social implications as is evidenced by modern day India.

Date: May 05, 2016 08:57PM

What has ruined India and ruins her today are two social forces: misogyny and caste bigotry.

And both derive from the Vedic purity codes.

Women and caste inferiors = ritual contamination.

As a result of caste hang ups and class bias, India was trapped in
the mindset that tasks relating to Brahman and Intellect were superior and that
tasks dealing with matter (anything dirty or potentially so) was inferior.

Anyone who worked with metal, dug and hauled dirt and stone, had the skill
to design and erect buildings and sanitation systems were inferior and brought
ritual contamination. This meant that technicians could not socialize on
equal terms with intellectuals.

This caste bigotry led India into sclerosis. Westerners are unlikely to see this
at close hand; most Indians who arrive in the West are from the upper castes - those who have social and financial mobility.

This devalued women -- those who menstruate, give birth -- and arouse
men's lust and tempt them into ritual impurity and loss of yogic attainment.

To this day, they say that one cannot
just hire one person to help with the house work; one has to hire one person for each task - a laundress will not sweep floors or, God forbid, clean the toilet.

Date: May 08, 2016 04:52PM

Bhaktivedanta As He Was
Straight from the horse’s mouth

[www.youtube.com]

More from:
Radhika Bianchi

When Bhaktivedanta brought his first American disciple, Kirtananda to India, Kirtananda's fantastical expectation was shattered. India was not the spiritual land he envisioned it to be. Everything was filthy and pathetic. The temples were in bad shapes, some abandoned. There was no fanfare to welcome them, no Hare Krishna movement. Vrindaban was in squalor, the heat and stench were intolerable and there were swarms of flies and insects and cockroaches the size of his fingers. Kirtananda was shocked to observe while Bhaktivedanta was washing his hands outside the temple, his entire body was covered in flies, he looked pitiful and helpless. His spiritual master was very much an ordinary man, not the Krishna's annointed celebrity messiah of New York, even arguing with a cab driver for his measly change. The experience was just too overwhelming for an average American, let alone for a Hare Krishna.

Kirtanananda must have been disappointed. He had probably imagined a scene from a Cecil B. DeMille epic, with thousands of robed devotees dropping to their knees, offering obeisances to their spiritual master on his return from conquering America. They would rush to his side with a palanquin and hoist him over their heads. Then they would bear him through the cheering, orchid-throwing crowd.
Monkey On A Stick, Chapter 2, p. 59

Kirtananda pleaded that he leaves, after suffering a bout of dysentery. Upon his return to New York, he led a schism, called the movement, The New Vrindavan in West Virginia's Appalachia. He taught Interfaith and embraced Impersonalism, but got back to ISKCON franchise only after both parties agreed it's for their mutual benefit.

So it wasn’t Siddhaswarup who was the first schismatic Krishna guru. It has always been shady from day one.

Hindus are not by nature preachy. The average Hindu agrees their cosmology is not for the mainstream. But not the Vaishnava branch, whose worship of one god, Krishna, makes their belief more palatable to the Judeo-Christian West. Perhaps, it was from the Christian missionaries proselytizing in India that the Vaishnavas got the idea of bringing the ideology to the West. Before Bhaktivedanta, the Vaishnavas, just like other Hindu sects just kept to themselves. There was a movement among Theosophists, even the Nazis to bring esoteric Hinduism into Western thought. Literary giants like W.B. Yeats, T.S. Eliot, Immanuel Kant and the likes, incorporated Hindu concepts in their works, but nothing purely theological as what the Hare Krishnas brought. Plus, it was a great timing – during the late 60s, the delusional hippies were clamoring for a cultural and psychological shift. The mischievous and sex-crazed god Krishna was the perfect fit for the flower kids against the boring long bearded white dude in the sky. Jesus deserves a cooler dad.

If followers could justify, let alone practice those horrible, bigoted and even criminal things Bhaktivedanta said and wrote about women, gays, black people and karmis in general, only means they have rejected rationality. When you rejected rationality where does your act end? There is no more boundary, outside reason is a free-for-all, everything gets purified if used for the glory of Krishna, including drug and blood money. The end justifies the means.

Believers just need to look back into the lives of Bhaktivedanta’s first disciples – Kirtananda, Hansadutta, Jayatirtha, Bhavananda, Guru Kripa, Balimardan … the criminal list goes on and on. People died under these successors, children and women were sexually and physically abused, yet they are not enough for followers nowadays to question their faith. For the Science of Identity, suddenly, Siddhaswarup is the right one?

You cannot wake people up if they enjoy deep sleep, even if the house is burning.

Date: May 08, 2016 09:43PM

dharmabum wrote:

elievers just need to look back into the lives of Bhaktivedanta’s first disciples – Kirtananda, Hansadutta, Jayatirtha, Bhavananda, Guru Kripa, Balimardan … the criminal list goes on and on. People died under these successors, children and women were sexually and physically abused, yet they are not enough for followers nowadays to question their faith.

Drug smuggling

[www.google.com]

The Life and Tragic Death of Racer Steve Bovan
Written by Thom Taylor on May 20, 2015
Contributors: Hot Rod Archives

[www.hotrod.com]

g racing is dangerous, but there are worse things out there—things besides a bad crash that can get you killed. Funny Car pioneer Steve Bovan couldn’t have known what dangers lay outside of drag racing, but the sensational end to his life might have been avoided had he stuck with the danger he knew, instead of the danger he couldn’t have imagined.

Bovan was a barnstorming drag racer in the 1960s and early 1970s, something most racers dreamed of doing. Who wouldn’t love to have been a touring drag racer from that golden era?

Bovan raced his Junior Stock Corvette in the early 1960s with Dick Castro, winning NHRA C/Stock in 1964. He also raced a 1956 Chevy in Modified Production, and later in 1964 he was running a Max Wedge Mopar. But he wanted something faster

Then in 1971 Bovan sold the Camaro. He moved to less expensive Costa Mesa, California, just up the coast a few miles from Laguna Beach and started working first for a VW repair shop and then for Delthic Auto Designs, a car-customizing shop in Costa Mesa. His transition from drag racer to drug dealer must have happened around this time, because he was on probation from an Arizona conviction for selling 1,200 pounds of marijuana. “Once we heard about Bovan’s drug stuff, I could see the connection to money,” Poland says.

At this point, our story takes a detour through a dark journey stemming from drug manufacturing and distribution taking place in Orange County, California, in the 1960s and 1970s, culled from Orange County Grand Jury and Orange County Superior Court testimony, as well as Newport Beach Police Department (NBPD) and Orange County District Attorney interviews of the time. Though some or all of this seems like something out of a movie, rest assured it’s all been testified to under oath.

Delthic was one of many small companies owned by Prasadam Distributors Inc. (PDI), an amalgam of businesses purchased with cash by Joseph Shelton Davis III or “Dritavarata,” as fellow Hare Krishnas religious followers called him. His companies were donating more than $2 million to a Hare Krishna temple in Laguna Beach, according to the NBPD. (Newport Beach Police Department)

The temple, known as International Society of Krishna Consciousness, or ISKCON, was an unorthodox devotional Krishna organization loosely based on the teachings of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam. The bulk of its assets came from Hindu-related products and fruit juices it sold; from a Laguna Beach restaurant called Govinda’s, a Krishna health-food restaurant; and other less conventional methods.

To the uninitiated, the image of Hare Krishna came from their ubiquitous presence in airports, where young pilgrims cloaked in robes wearing ponytails offered books, incense, and paper flowers to travelers for a donation.

This temple had an illicit drug history going back to the 1960s when Timothy Leary, the long-time proponent of the hallucinogen LSD, and the Brotherhood of Eternal Love, a gang of hippie surfers affiliated to and led by Leary who espoused a communal, free-love lifestyle based in Laguna Beach, were cooking the stuff in the Laguna Beach canyons just down the road from ISKCON. LSD was sold through the temple, it was said, because Leary liked their association with Eastern spirituality [Greg Lynd testimony to Orange County Grand Jury, 1973]. Leary would ultimately be arrested in Laguna Beach in 1968 and sentenced in March 1970 to prison for possession of marijuana, LSD, and hashish.

By the mid-1970s, ISKON’s financial portfolio ran the gamut of enterprises, with at least one revenue stream from the distribution and sale of hash oil. They used pilgrims as drug mules, smuggling “honey oil” hidden in typewriter cases from Pakistan through international airports, based on trial testimony. A $1,000 liter bottle could be sold for $11,000 in the United States—a tenfold profit. Once through customs, pilgrims would fly from Pakistan into Canada, mail their luggage and typewriter cases home, then travel back to Laguna Beach.

Though a completely different region today, back in the 1960s and early 1970s, the Middle East was a very open society, easy for carefree travelers to trek along what was called the “hippie trail,” a route running from England through Yugoslavia, Greece, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India. There were nomads on camels, scenic vistas, and travel was made easy with restaurants, cheap lodging, and Western food available all along the way.

The huge sums of cash from drug sales posed the typical problem of laundering it. Prasadam Distributors Inc. funneled ISKCON’s cash through its maze of companies in the classic money-laundering pattern. As PDI became more entrenched in the management and distribution of drugs, it even took on freelance “associates,” who gave a percentage of their profits in exchange for the front PDI afforded.

While PDI was taking in millions of dollars, its loose accounting allowed associates and small-time dealers to skim, including Bovan. He must have known the money’s source and the persistent rumor that PDI investor Alexander Kulik, a frequent visitor to PDI companies, kept more than $1 million in cash buried somewhere. Kulik was a Krishna follower and generous ISKCON donor. His “service” to them was curiously confidential, but enormously important and greatly appreciated.

Eventually, the organization realized Bovan was embezzling. Rather than confronting him directly, they chose to have someone outside take care of it. They contacted Frank Rossi, the brother-in-law of the wife of an ISKCON associate. With help from friends Anthony “Big Tony” Merone and Raymond Resco, Rossi was hired to facilitate Bovan’s quick return of the stolen money, according to Robert Emory’s testimony in court.

The United States Marshals Services newly formed Witness Protection Program had just relocated ex-mobsters Merone and Resco to Orange County after they gave testimony in New York against the mob. In exchange they got a new, clean life in California. Their lives and that of Bovan’s would soon intersect with tragic results.

Rather than resolving Bovan’s embezzling, they muscled in on the fast cash, bringing in Merone’s son, “Little Tony,” to help “manage” PDI’s businesses, squeezing Bovan out. Bovan was surely mad about his ouster, based on what he did next. Bovan assembled former Delthic employees Stan Kieffer and Robert Shea to help hatch a plan. Kieffer and Shea should have known better, having recently been roughed up by Rossi and ISKCON thugs over skimming suspicions themselves, from Newport Police interviews with a confidential informant identified only as “CI.”

Their plan was put on hold when the Huntington Beach Police Department arrested Bovan for drug possession with intent to sell. It wasn’t until August 1977 when Bovan was released and their plan could be hatched.

Bovan rigged Kulik’s car to run out of gas one night, where he waited with a .45-caliber automatic pistol to kidnap Kulik at gunpoint. Bovan shoved him into the back of a pickup, and with Kieffer driving, Bovan and a bound Kulik rode together in the small camper. Bovan tried to coax the location of Kulik’s cool cash with the butt of his loaded pistol. He denied he had a cash stash, but offered up $100,000 in a safe at PDI.

The next day, following instructions the kidnappers gave by phone, three cars were dispatched to the lookout on Interstate 5 just outside of San Clemente, California. Accompanying Big Tony was PDI’s Joe Fedorowski, known as “Gupta,” and Rossi in one car, Little Tony and Resco in the second car, and Joe Davis and another East Coast associate of the Merones named Jerry Fiori. En route, Little Tony and Resco helped themselves to an estimated $70,000 of the $100,000, assuming the kidnappers would not notice until after releasing Kulik.

When the rescuers pulled into the lookout parking lot and saw the pickup, out popped Bovan swinging his .45, crazy with rage, yelling and screaming at Rossi. One car in the trio blocked the exit while Bovan was calmed down and the cash could be laid on the truck’s seat. Then the kidnappers tried to leave without giving up Kulik. Rossi got out of his car and screamed at the truck to release Kulik or no one was leaving. As the kidnappers sped away, Kulik was kicked out the back, blindfolded with his hands taped behind his back. A car with Big Tony, Fiori, and Davis followed them down the interstate toward San Diego, where a cops-and-robbers-type running gun battle exploded.

Somehow the kidnappers successfully outran the gun-waving mobsters. No one was injured in the back-and-forth exchange of gunfire, according to trial testimony by Kieffer. Now Kulik and the ISKCON heads plotted their next move. Hoping to get revenge and eliminate three embezzlers in a single act, they offered Big Tony and Resco a $125,000 contract for the murder of Bovan, Kieffer, and Shea.

The plan was to capture the kidnappers and then kill them by injecting them with pure heroin, making it look like an overdose. Big Tony and his associates staked out Bovan’s home for weeks and just missed Kieffer and Shea, who were spotted by lookouts in a free food line at a Krishna temple in San Diego. Yet the kidnappers managed to elude their capture for more than a month.

Big Tony spread the word he would pay $1,200 to anyone who saw Bovan, according to testimony from Frank Rossi’s brother-in-law, Rick Willis. Finally, in the early misty morning hours of October 22, 1977, Bovan was seen at the bar of a Mexican restaurant in Newport Beach. Big Tony, Resco, and Fiori sped to the restaurant to complete their job...

For the rest of the article, read here:

Date: May 12, 2016 11:53AM

Perhaps, Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard learn more from Hindu intellectuals before spewing out "non-secular" nonsense about Hinduism.

A sensible Hindu intellectual dissects the Bhagavad Gita:

Hinduism is in danger: Today Hinduism is in great danger of being hijacked by ignorant Hindu extremists. When responsible Hindus utter nonsense such as elephant headed Ganesha was a product of transplant surgery, we have to sit up and pay attention to its degradation. Today it is fashionable for ignorant ministers, judges, bureaucrats and Hindu extremists to declare the Bhagavad Gita as national text. If you ask these people a simple question, “What is the central message of this text?” they have no sensible answer. Much of what you read in commentaries on this text is utter nonsense. Just as Taliban and other extremist groups have hijacked Islam, several ignorant fanatical Hindu groups are busy hijacking Hinduism. Those of us who still have our senses together must do everything within our means to enlighten people what true Hinduism is all about.

Defensive stance of Hindus: Most Hindus I know think Hinduism is the most perfect Dharma without any blemish. When someone points out to them its darker side, their typical response is, “Islam and Christianity are not any better!” This kind of response is a sign of immaturity, insecurity and ignorance. Brahmanic scribes of ancient India said the same thing when they felt threatened by Buddhism (Read the Bhagavad Gita: 3:35; 18:47-48). Great institutions are not afraid to know the defects in their system. In fact, they are eager to know them. Unless one acknowledges the deficiencies in the system and takes corrective measures, the system would end up more and more archaic, irrelevant and useless.

Our ancestors were intelligent but not perfect: We Hindus must acknowledge that our ancestors, though very intelligent, were not perfect. They created Sanatana Dharma to address certain sociopolitical issues prevalent in ancient India. They did whatever they did, right or wrong, within the limitation of their intellect, nature and circumstances. We need not be defensive about their actions or results thereof. We need to accept the reality that not everything they created has relevance to modern times, accept the ones that are relevant, reject the ones that are anachronistic, and move on for better future. For example, our ancestors practiced Untouchability till recently. We need to acknowledge this defect in Hinduism, which affected millions of innocent people, and take corrective measures instead of being defensive about it.

The Untold Story of the Bhagavad Gita
By K. P. S. Kamath

Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.