Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Is Steve Hassan a hypocrite?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 04, 2014 12:25AM

zeuszor:

"Unholy Trinity"?

There is no such thing, other than in the paranoid mind of Steve Hassan and/or his followers. There is no group of three people or any number of people that have formed an alliance against Hassan.

This is little more than a delusional rant, based upon self-serving spin and nonsense.

The facts are that Steve Hassan has a long list of people he has used and abused, which includes former cult members, the families of cult members and professional colleagues. Some people Hassan hurt or abused have responded to his unethical conduct openly in public. Many others have chosen to be silent.

There is no organized dark conspiracy or plan hatched by any of the people Steve Hassan hurt.

Please don't use this message board to promote any of Steve Hassan's paranoid conspiracy theories. They are rubbish and do not reflect anything meaningful or educational on this thread.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: November 04, 2014 05:23AM

"Please don't use this message board to promote any of Steve Hassan's paranoid conspiracy theories. They are rubbish and do not reflect anything meaningful or educational on this thread."

No way; I'm not doing any such thing, RR. It's my way of being sarcastic, insofar as I've heard him use that very term ("Unholy Trinity") in reference to his most vocal public critics before, you see. Delusional is right. It's humorous to me, in a way. He seems to think of himself in somewhat Messianic terms.

In other words: nobody is conspiring against you, Steve. The chickens are simply coming home to roost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 05:30AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 04, 2014 06:05AM

"...if you are a moral person with integrity, you would never do to someone what you wouldn't want done to yourself."

*From the above video, at 1:10).

[freedomofmind.com]

That's a good one, coming from him. Sure, Steve, I am sure that you are a much better person, a much more moral person and a person with more integrity, than I.

In other words, if you are a moral person with integrity, you would never, say, cynically use somebody for your own selfish ends, psychologically abuse somebody by gaslighting them,or charge somebody eight grand a day to basically do nothing except be Steve Hassan?

Eight grand a day, plus expenses?! For what? To sell yourself?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2014 06:09AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 07, 2014 11:01PM

To whom it may concern:

This is the last post that I will make on the topic of Hassan and his hypocrisies. At least, this is the last post that I will make on the topic, for a long time; indeed, this is the last post that I'll make for a while, period.

Certain persons who I thought of as friends and colleagues (who are former members and mental-health professionals who run a support group for former members of abusive groups) have now distanced themselves from my association as if I have Ebola, after Steve wrote to them complaining of my dissemination of information online.

They are quick to defend Hassan and say that they "like" and "admire" the man. This, on the basis of maybe shaking his hand at a conference or two, and having read his books.

They do not even know Steve like I do. How do they know what's to like and admire in him? All they know is the public image, the outward persona of the man. They do not know him personally (as I do) at all.

They are basically running a home business that is based mainly on ICSA referrals. Steve knows that these are my friends and associates, and writes them complaining of my activities and threatening them with a loss of referrals if they do not "rein me in". So now I am a "loose cannon" and an "embarrassment" for them to be associated with, and drop me like a hot potato with Ebola. They are so afraid of losing the ICSA/Hassan Seal of Approval, that they acquiesced right away and threw me under the bus. That hurts.

Another fellow (again, a former member and a cult-ed activist) asked me, after receiving such critical information, asked me what planet I was from, and then dropped me as a friend, for having dared criticize Hassan.

So what if he won and award last summer, and wrote a few books? Do these things invalidate completely everything that I an others have to say, and the information that we are sharing online? They know that he is all about Information Control, but they just don't care.

They took a tongue lashing because of me, and they're feeling the pain of it. Now I am the scapegoat, for having spoken the truth as I see it. And these are Christians, too. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

Good job, Steve, you're at it again. Now I am losing friends and associates for publicly criticizing you. In my eyes, these people have simply sold out, and cannot handle the full truth.

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" (Galatians 4:16, KJV).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2014 11:21PM by zeuszor.

Date: November 08, 2014 03:04AM

PS: I realize that in using the Bible quote from Paul (above) I may be accused of some kind of Messianic fixation on my part, as well. This is not the case; I am not comparing myself in any sense, to Paul the Apostle. It just seemed like an appropriate quote, is all, and it came to my mind. Maybe it'd have been better to post this quote, from Jack Nicholson:

[www.youtube.com]

Bye!

Posted by: Malene ()
Date: November 20, 2014 02:51AM

I didn't expect this thread, but would like to put in my two cent. My experiences with Steve are a long, long time ago, and I don't spend any time thinking about it - but back then I was worried about what damage this person could do to others, he has significant access to ex members and their families, and unless he sees a way to make money off them, then his behavior can be very hurtful, even damaging.

It is pretty funny to see Cathleen Mann now speak out against Steven Hassan, because back then she was the most extreme groupie I have ever seen. I must admit, I often got a giggle listening to her fawning over Steve. It was both funny and pathetic - so far to fall off the pedestal I guess.

It is a long time ago, and for me personally, no longer important. For the sake of others who might run in to Steven Hassan and Cathleen Mann, I will go on record to say that those two treated me in a way that I found highly hurtful, to the point of causing significant distress and harm. I had to take a 1 month medical leave of absence due to the distress and hurt those two put me through. For two "mental health professionals" (As Steve never tired of reminding that they were), I think they have some responsibility not to do the type of harm they did to me. I want to say that anyone who considers hiring Cathleen Mann or Steven Hassan should think many times over -these two people have an absolute mean streak and if they are in any way challenged will strike out intending do harm. I witnessed Steven do it to one other person who worked for him, and I certainly experienced it myself from both Steven and Cathleen. I am not surprised to read that other people who worked for Steve feels abused. As much as I disrespect Cathleen Mann, I suspect he did it to her too - his biggest groupie ever. He couldn't help himself I am sure. No, I am not in a cult, and I do not participate in some conspiracy against Steven Hassan. I am not even any longer involved in the cult watching field - I have other fish to fry. I am simply one more person who had the misfortune of working for the man. His emotional outbursts are extreme, blaming, humiliating, frequent - and shallow!

In the whole mess from back then was also Monica Pignotti. She did not participate in the cruelties against me. She also did not stand up for me. I don't personally trust her any further than I can throw her. I do not know if she was simply caught in the eddies of the Hassan / Mann mean spiritedness - or if behind the scenes she supported the assassination of me.

I also want to say that I have direct knowledge that Steven Hassan tells scared family members to take out a second mortgage to pay his fees - and he follows that suggestion up with telling them that if they do not raise the price of his fees then their loved ones are at risk of significant harm. I find his sales tactics highly unethical, manipulative and in fact - cult like.

It is absolutely sad, and a scary referendum that ICSA as the leading organization does not make an effort to intervene in Steven Hassan's business practices.

Malene

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 20, 2014 01:03PM

Malene:

Steve Hassan has a long list of people he has abused, burned and lost as friends and/or associates over the years.

It's ironic how someone that supposedly is dedicated to "combatting cult mind control" could be so manipulative and controlling. It seems to me that he behaves more like a con man or a cult leader than someone dedicatedto "freedom of mind."

Drs. Mann and Pignotte are on Hassan's list of lost friends and associates.

Calling them "groupies" is a bit like victim bashing and unfair.

The fact is they both once worked with him professionally, but when they realized how unethical and destructive Steve Hassan is they did the right thing by dumping him and moving on.

Both Drs. Mann and Pignotti now expose Steve Hassan, which is for the public good, admirable and worthy of respect. They have been open, honest and candid about Hassan's past and present behaviorand in no way enabled him by ignoring, apologizing or spinning for him.

Please understand that this thread is about Steve Hassan, not a venue for bashing people he has used and abused.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2014 01:09PM by rrmoderator.

Date: November 21, 2014 12:57AM

rrmoderator
It's ironic how someone that supposedly is dedicated to "combatting cult mind control" could be so manipulative and controlling. It seems to me that he behaves more like a con man or a cult leader than someone dedicatedto "freedom of mind."

Rick, I could not have put it better myself, and could not agree more with what you express here.

Malene
It is absolutely sad, and a scary referendum that ICSA as the leading organization does not make an effort to intervene in Steven Hassan's business practices.

Again: I could not agree more. Why the ICSA crowd humors him so, I just do not
fully understand. It's wrong.

Welcome, Malene, and thank you for contributing here. Your input is very validating for me, in terms of my sorting through my own experience with that man. I certainly used to have the man on a pedestal in my mind, and to realize that he is pretty much the same as any other manipulative "cult leader" type is very, very disillusioning for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 01:00AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 21, 2014 01:12AM

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2014 01:15AM by zeuszor.

Date: November 25, 2014 03:36AM

Are you familiar with the biblical concept of tikkun olam, Rick?

I am getting to a (on-topic) point here; please humor me long enough to answer my question.

Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.