Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Flat Earth Society
Posted by: Fairfax234 ()
Date: June 16, 2007 03:43AM

I can not believe that there is a group called the Flat Earth Society who believes that the Earth is flat! How pathetic! They say it is a round, flat shape held up by four elephants. The sun and the moon are also only flat discs. The stars are only little things like grains of rice. They say that every leader of EVERY country in the world knows about this and are all united in keeping the secret. Also other people who have reason to know for sure that the Earth is a Sphere are liars according to them. People like airline pilots (or anyone in the transportation industry or package shipping industry or travel, etc) also know the Earth is flat, but are united in keeping the secret. The government's space program is a complete fraud and the government really spends all that money creating fake images of the Earth from outer space and other "fake" proof. The pictures of Earth from outer space that show the whole planet are fake, etc. They win first prize as the most patheic cult in the world! Their web site is: [www.alaska.net]

On their website they explain the details of their belief and people can post comments about why they disagree with them and they respond with pathetic answers!

Options: ReplyQuote
Flat Earth Society
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: June 16, 2007 04:33AM

They say it is a round, flat shape held up by four elephants

I had an oilburner like that once - hope that doesnt make me a member!

Thanks for posting - that is hilarious :lol:

Flat Earth Society
Posted by: ashwyn ()
Date: June 16, 2007 09:38AM

Well spotted fairfax, I've noticed an account of some very dangerous activity by this group, foolishly they published it on their own website!

[url
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm[/url]]
Three loyal Flat Earth Society members, during a camping trip to the small African nation of Tunisia, came across a privately-owned 59 minute photo stand in the isolated northernmost corner of the desert country. Employing guerilla warfare techniques learned under Mao Zedong in the early 1920's, they were able to effortlessly seize control of the stand and are now using it to distribute pro-Flat Earth propaganda throughout the West African region.

There is much more disturbing information like it if you go and check them out. Has anyone reported them to the relevant authorities? Where is zeusor on this one?

Flat Earth Society
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: June 16, 2007 11:14AM

These people can't be serious. Are you kidding? This is one of those parody pseudo-religions like The Church of the SubGenius. Their deity is named Bob Dobbs.

Probably the Flat Earth society are a bunch of atheists that are poking fun at the history of Christianity, I think. Making fun of religion (and the idea of God) in general.

Are you going to send me some books? You have my address, right?

Flat Earth Society
Date: June 16, 2007 11:15AM

Flat Earth Society
Date: June 16, 2007 11:26AM

This can't be for real.

[www.alaska.net]

Rightly wishing to dispel notions regarding the alleged citrus-like shape of our planet, the Church was able to either silence or execute nearly all the fanatics. But a small handful remained, continuing to spread their blasphemous speeches and to promote their heretical ideals involving the very center of the universe.[b:94088fd797] One of their number, who called himself Grigori Efimovich, would later be known to the rest of the world as Christopher Columbus. Using an elaborate setup involving hundreds of mirrors and a few burlap sacks, he was able to create an illusion so convincing that it was actually believed he had sailed around the entire planet and landed in the West Indies.[/b:94088fd797] As we now know, he did not. What Efimovich actually did was sail across the Atlantic Ocean to a previously undiscovered continent, North America, and even then only to a small island off the coast. It took him several years more even to "discover" his blunder and claim it as a " . . . new world". But the damage had already been done, and mankind entered into what we now call its "Dark Ages" . . . .

Flat Earth Society
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:01PM

He used hundreds of mirrors and a few burlap sacks??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol:

Flat Earth Society
Posted by: Fishbulb ()
Date: June 16, 2007 12:09PM

No, really, the site can't be serious. In the "Join Us" membership section they ask you for things like your name, address, phone number, FAVOURITE JELLY BEAN FLAVOUR, FAVOURITE ISOTOPE (!!) and so on.

Nah, this has to be a joke.

They also comment on their page "Our Mission" that on this flat earth, Europe is in the middle with "parts of Africa hanging over the edge". Where's Australia then? On the bottom??

Anybody want to take the jump and join? I'd be willing to, just to see what would happen....

My only fear is that these people might BE serious then I'd be in trouble.

Flat Earth Society
Date: June 16, 2007 12:18PM

Flat Earth Society
Date: June 16, 2007 12:20PM

I'd like to start a band and call it [b:b37f8f55ac]The John Frum Experience.[/b:b37f8f55ac]

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.