Confused
Posted by: Jamsbo ()
Date: March 30, 2007 11:40AM

Hi to you all. I have just became a member of this forum.
I was involved with followers of Jagad Guru in the early 80's in Sydney.
Does anyone know of an address where direct questions (in the mode of goodness) can be asked to a spokesperson for SOI? I am confused as to the direction the group appears to be taking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Confused
Posted by: just-googling ()
Date: March 30, 2007 10:32PM

Jamsbo
Hi to you all. I have just became a member of this forum.
I was involved with followers of Jagad Guru in the early 80's in Sydney.
Does anyone know of an address where direct questions (in the mode of goodness) can be asked to a spokesperson for SOI? I am confused as to the direction the group appears to be taking.

The [i:22aa486443]Reincarnation Explained[/i:22aa486443] book gives this address:

Mantra Meditation International
PO Box 289
Dee Why, NSW 2099
Australia

but this address may be out of date. If you check out chriskcon.com you will find much more info on the current Australian scene.

Indeed, those of us who drifted away during the 1980 decade have become very confused as to the direction the group appears to be taking, myself included. Stories of toenail eating and apocalypse predictions do seem to be the focus of the group these days, not to mention the paranoid, selfish, and power-freak nature of the leader himself.

:!:

Confused
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: April 04, 2007 06:40AM

SoI really does not answer questions.

In Sydney there is a disciple named Haridas and his wife that teach Gauranga breathing in Glebe but they do not welcome spiritual aspirants, just want to stick to the lines of teaching "meditation"

SoI wants to make it look that they have no recourse but the fact is they have no website, no temple, no contacts (and they do not respond to anyone but new people they can mould and influence) really that should tell anyone about what sort of organisation they are.

You could always go to Hawaii pass the battery of tests required to go to a 'gathering' and hope to be selected from among the assembled based on how you look to ask a question, they will give it to you on a little card - or you could dodge security and dare to yell out to JG himself although he is likely to throw a tantrum if interrupted and declare he wont speak for 2 years all because of that demon who shouted at him.

I had to move from Sydney to the Gold Coast just to get a booklet. It took 6 months to get a lecture and even then I had to have a student buy it for me because they didnt know who I was to sell me lectures. I was blacklisted by SoI before I even started www.chriskcon.com before I publically criticised them at all. A genuine spiritual master would never do this. I am far from the only one, but I am living talking proof that Chris Butler is not a genuine spiritual master.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.