Current Page: 33 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: July 20, 2010 03:57AM

they flip properties to make money they get guys in there homes that are contractors then use real estate people they have as church members and leaders then they buy homes and flip them or they contract there slave labor out then reap the profits

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: July 20, 2010 09:36AM

hismercy
The building that the ROC is now located in was built as a dept. store called "Carousel". I've lived in Richmond all my life (not that you haven't) and I only add that info. to say how that strip originally developed.

The building ("Big House") there now is a considerable expansion over the original structure, much of which was demolished at the start of the construction. They kept the original concrete foundation and bolted several dozen new vertical steel beams to the foundation, to support a much higher structure that is framed with steel beams. The outer walls are mostly new, the roof is new, nearly all of the internal walls are new.

Posted by: crmanny ()
Date: July 21, 2010 12:04AM

[...] I don't know firsthand about what happened with the girls. But as you can imagine stories change and the truth gets lost. But I do know there is some truth to those allegations. I have nothing against G. It seems like he's gotta a lot of haters trying to bring him down. But in the end God will be the final juge. [...] Then again it's not really no ones business of what happened.

[Moderator's Note: Please don't disclose names and personal information on this message board.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 01:17AM by rrmoderator.

Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: July 21, 2010 09:50AM

FreeAtLast
Rocgurl,

I really can appreciate where you are in terms of supporting your church leaders. I was there. I fiercely/blindly supported my leadership. I did use the same logic... "nobody's perfect" and "humans by their nature are sinful and faulty" (in fact, oddly those types of phrases were repeated often by the leaders in our chuch... it's a subliminal way of planting those concepts in the minds of the followers)

To address just one single of the MANY sins charged against the pastor of ROC I'm going to remind you about how he cheated on his wife with a then 15 year old Sammy B and ran off with her. (he was 21 at the time) Then, 6 years later in Texas he slept with a 12 year old girl and a 14 year old girl (according to a couple of different people's accounts who were there).

SetFreefromTheROC mentioned how true repentance meant recognizing and admitting one's sins and then turning from their ways. Has Geronimo EVER acknowledged his sins against his then wife Stacee and against the then minors Sammy B and the two seriously underage sisters? (some people might say he doesn't need to publicly acknowledge his sins. But as a pastor, leader of people in a church, and a public figure he IS obligated to publicly acknowledge his sins and seek not only God's forgiveness but the forgiveness of the people he is leading as an example of godliness. We have many examples of this by fellow pastors who have fallen).

The sins of sleeping with underage girls are also ones that will leave lasting effects on the young girls. More so because there is an added level of trust because he represented a leader in a church and a representative of God. Even I feel the lasting effects of the betrayal of my church leaders in the form of lack of trust of people, people in leadership and churches as institutes. Imagine if you were molested (hello, it's the legal definition of sleeping with a minor) by someone you trusted as your church leader and as God's representative. Thus, part of his repentance would be to seek out the girls and their families to ask for forgiveness. They may never be mentally able to do it, but it would be his duty to ask and apologize).

I'm curious..... what line must your church leadership cross before you start to question their godliness?

My hope for you is that you are not negatively affected and your trust in churches, or people, are affected in the long run.

rocgurl
Everyone screws up! I thought it wasnt our place to judge?!

Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: July 21, 2010 09:53AM

FreeAtLast
Rocgurl,

I really can appreciate where you are in terms of supporting your church leaders. I was there. I fiercely/blindly supported my leadership. I did use the same logic... "nobody's perfect" and "humans by their nature are sinful and faulty" (in fact, oddly those types of phrases were repeated often by the leaders in our chuch... it's a subliminal way of planting those concepts in the minds of the followers)

To address just one single of the MANY sins charged against the pastor of ROC I'm going to remind you about how he cheated on his wife with a then 15 year old Sammy B and ran off with her. (he was 21 at the time) Then, 6 years later in Texas he slept with a 12 year old girl and a 14 year old girl (according to a couple of different people's accounts who were there).

SetFreefromTheROC mentioned how true repentance meant recognizing and admitting one's sins and then turning from their ways. Has Geronimo EVER acknowledged his sins against his then wife Stacee and against the then minors Sammy B and the two seriously underage sisters? (some people might say he doesn't need to publicly acknowledge his sins. But as a pastor, leader of people in a church, and a public figure he IS obligated to publicly acknowledge his sins and seek not only God's forgiveness but the forgiveness of the people he is leading as an example of godliness. We have many examples of this by fellow pastors who have fallen).

The sins of sleeping with underage girls are also ones that will leave lasting effects on the young girls. More so because there is an added level of trust because he represented a leader in a church and a representative of God. Even I feel the lasting effects of the betrayal of my church leaders in the form of lack of trust of people, people in leadership and churches as institutes. Imagine if you were molested (hello, it's the legal definition of sleeping with a minor) by someone you trusted as your church leader and as God's representative. Thus, part of his repentance would be to seek out the girls and their families to ask for forgiveness. They may never be mentally able to do it, but it would be his duty to ask and apologize).

I'm curious..... what line must your church leadership cross before you start to question their godliness?

My hope for you is that you are not negatively affected and your trust in churches, or people, are affected in the long run.

rocgurl

Sammy was 14 when they hooked up. This post was well and truthfully stated. God Bless.

Posted by: hismercy ()
Date: July 22, 2010 12:48AM

crmanny
Wow.. Heard rumors bout this sight around town here in Texas. I debated whether to write or not. I knew of G and rseen. Never met them personally but seen them around with there family. They were pretty cool dudes. I don't know firsthand about what happened with the girls. But as you can imagine stories change and the truth gets lost. But I do know there is some truth to those allegations. I have nothing against G. It seems like he's gotta alot of haters trying to bring him down. But in the end God will be the final juge. I do have a friend that knows the girls. Maybe someone could reach out to them so they could tell the truth. I heard that NAncy and Lani (the name of the two sisters) both are married with kids and live in Orlando Florida. They doing really good supposedly. Then again it's not really no ones business of what happened.

I have to disagree b/c WHAT IF THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW? Nancy & Lani could prevent this from happening to someone else. I posted before that in VA (and I bet TX has similar laws) a victim has 29 (or39)YEARS from their 18th birthday to file charges of sexual abuse. Even if a person thinks it was consentual, ages 12 and 14 are still too young to actually "consent". I just believe that if someone has committed sexual abuse they should be held accountable. I feel certain these girls remember the truth. I hope this blog will be enough to reach out to them. They have the power. (I sense that your post was meant in goodwill and I am glad to hear the sisters are doing well).

Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: July 22, 2010 01:59AM

CRmanny,

I am glad that NowISee reposted my message for you to read. Have you noticed that this discussion thread has 33 pages? We continually encourage people to read the entire thing from beginning to end and then coupled with their own experiences and reasons for joining this web site possibly make an informed decision about what you feel about the Roc or Geronimo.

I can speak for myself only but feel confident enough after 2 years of shared stories and experiences with some of these posters to say that a good portion of us are NOT here to personally persecute Geronimo. We care to shed light on some of the personal (major) sins of the leader (the only reason to point out such sins to others is that the same leader has never/will not admit to them - though they are well known by many people - nor openly ask God and his congregation of followers to forgive him) One CANNOT lead others to a healthy Christian God-fearing path toward God while hiding and not asking for forgiveness for really heavy sins)

Likewise, we point out the many sins/corruption/deception of the church as an organization - both infecting leadership and financially. There is always the possibility (and you'll see in the posts that Geronimo has been invited to speak to the various claims of his and the church's sins/corruptions) that there will be a reply. If he were to come forth/publicly and claim his sins (and here I mostly reference the molestation of the young girls - Sammy B when she was underage, and the two girls in Texas - and openly shared the complete financial holdings and workings of the ROC various ministries and the methods of manipulation and ostracizing of people in the church who disagree - then he would be on the right path and people who have been hurt by him directly or indirectly by the church could find some level of peace and he would be in the right place.

As it stands, he has only ever shown up here twice: once to threaten people with legal action for simply sharing their true and observed experiences, and a second time to intimidate and ostracize a follower of his church who dared to question him under the thinly veiled 'brotherly love' speech.

No-one here is trying to force anyone who follows to think ill of him or the church. You have to join this site to even hear of these shared stories and questions. My first question would be what was your motivation to join? Did you have some niggling doubts but don't want to openly think about them? Or, did you hear about the site and merely wanted to join to defend him and the church? I certainly understand the second reason. As I've stated for years I was one of the staunchest defenders of Phil Aguilar, Set Free, Geronimo and the other leaders of Set Free. I would have been that person who called people like me (now) a hater, or a backslider and wouldn't have DARED associate with such people. That is, until I finally started to admit what I was seeing/experiencing. The day I allowed myself to acknowledge the level of corruption running rampantly through the church hurt SO much. I only wish that I'd had this support system available to me.

NowIsee
FreeAtLast
Rocgurl,

rocgurl

Sammy was 14 when they hooked up. This post was well and truthfully stated. God Bless.

Posted by: WOW GOD ()
Date: July 22, 2010 10:56AM

NowIsee
FreeAtLast
Rocgurl,

rocgurl

Posted by: shafted ()
Date: July 22, 2010 11:29PM

This is in reference to the lady in Texas. Child abuse is everyones' business. When abusers get away with the crime, they will continue to do it. Those two young ladies in Orlando need to come forward. What is true for child abuse is also true for financial chicanery. If we do not come forward to address these wrongs how will it look to those who are not saved?

Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: July 23, 2010 06:43AM

Hi Shafted,

I know it feels like the two girls in Texas "SHOULD" come forth... almost like they have a responsibility but I can't help but to also sympathize with them. What must it have been like to have been sexually abused at that young of an age? And worse yet, by someone who you trusted and felt was a spiritual leader? The other thing I know from my experiences with Phil, Geronimo and others of Set Free is that when you dared not only to question or leave the church but to speak openly against the leaders/churches sins you were not ONLY ostracized. Some people have been intimidated, threatened and scared witless. The intimidations could be of a verbal and physical nature. For someone who is already dealing with some fear issues that's not something you invite into your life easily. So, though I hope/wish those girls or their family would come out and share their stories more openly to help others who may be or may have been going through the same thing with the same people I can understand if they are hesitant to mentally revisit, no less speak out publicly of the molestation.

shafted
This is in reference to the lady in Texas. Child abuse is everyones' business. When abusers get away with the crime, they will continue to do it. Those two young ladies in Orlando need to come forward. What is true for child abuse is also true for financial chicanery. If we do not come forward to address these wrongs how will it look to those who are not saved?

Current Page: 33 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.