Current Page: 25 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: AW Stevens ()
Date: September 16, 2009 09:49AM

Lot's of excitement now ... large steel-beam framed meeting building under construction, largely complete on the exterior walls.

OnceWasBlind09
I agree it is a messed up system, but it's the ROC and there is no accountability for anything they do and they still have so many followers - it's scary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: September 18, 2009 09:47AM

The fact still remains that all the excitment is just a coverup and diversion for all the wrong that is being done by the "CORE" group!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 21, 2009 12:20PM

I don't disagree; just pointed out that, in general, major church building programs generate a lot of excitement while they are underway. Afterward whatever underlying problems existed before, are still there, and often get magnified.

NowIsee
The fact still remains that all the excitment is just a coverup and diversion for all the wrong that is being done by the "CORE" group!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: rocgurl ()
Date: October 05, 2009 11:22PM

Saturday is the sabbath...on Sundays there is no play but Spanish church and ROC on the roads where we go to the neighborhoods and cook for the community and clean up and fix kids bikes, face paint and soulwin. Man was not made for sabbath but sabbath for man.

Posted by: OnceWasBlind09 ()
Date: October 07, 2009 01:40AM

Nice to see some of "G" faithful in here. welcome rocgurl, be sure to read all the posts - maybe you too will wake up

Posted by: OnceWasBlind09 ()
Date: October 07, 2009 01:42AM

oh and rocgurl, those outreaches you are referring to are the same ones G calls "another damn outreach". I know exactly who you are and you are as whacked as he is

Posted by: rancher ()
Date: October 07, 2009 10:37AM

now now oncewasblind. you were once blind, so s rocgurl. dont be so hard. pray her eyes r open to the truth to. she knows truth and im sure s strugglin. everyone does until truth s revealed. id say we were all once whacked as you say.

Posted by: squeek ()
Date: October 09, 2009 11:58PM

I have been watching this [...] and [...] As long as the 800 plus kids who come to the ROC on saturday for our kids service and all the other things we do at the ROC is going on and we are helping people leave us alone go find somebody else to pick on . My father was a pastor until he went home to live with GOD. He taught me alot about walking with GOD and helping the down and out.I'm 100% for what the ROC does and what we will be doing when we get into The Big House. You wont to pick on churches who has problems this 1 dont so go away

[Moderator's note: Personal attacks edited out, which are against the rules. Please stay within the rules you agreed to before posting here.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2009 12:50AM by rrmoderator.

Date: October 10, 2009 04:53AM

Many people have tried to bring constructive criticism to the leadership at the ROC. So far they have been tone deaf toward receiving let alone responding to the same.

I have in the past been involved with and/or attended a number of large and/or controversial ministries, and none of them have been criticized on this group or any other Internet group that I am aware of. Does that tell you something ??

By the way, the Big House's construction exists largely due to the financial gift of one super-wealthy member, who has been said to have given well over $10 million to the ROC. That means that nearly all of the real assets of the church were either directly or indirectly financed by this person. Buying the senior pastor a nice house and a custom motorcycle is (in my opinion) not a major issue, in the case of the bike especially given that the church has a motorcycle ministry; but much more troubling is the fact that this one person is financing a large expansion of the ministry when it is unknown whether that is the Lord’s will, given that much better confirmation would exist if a large grass roots donor base was funding those real assets.

A school of urban ministry is a wonderful concept, but I have wondered if much of the reported chronic immaturity (to put it nicely) present at RSUM is rooted in the fact that the ROC was nowhere near ready to conduct that ministry in a mature fashion. This would be in the “indirectly financed” category that I listed above …

squeek
I have been watching this [...] and [...] As long as the 800 plus kids who come to the ROC on saturday for our kids service and all the other things we do at the ROC is going on and we are helping people leave us alone go find somebody else to pick on . My father was a pastor until he went home to live with GOD. He taught me alot about walking with GOD and helping the down and out.I'm 100% for what the ROC does and what we will be doing when we get into The Big House. You wont to pick on churches who has problems this 1 dont so go away

[Moderator's note: Personal attacks edited out, which are against the rules. Please stay within the rules you agreed to before posting here.]

Posted by: B&Ds DAD ()
Date: October 10, 2009 11:00AM

squeek,
If you think that all this stuff on this site is ok just because you help 800 plus kids each week, you're wrong.
God bless you brother. I was where you are 6 years ago. Some people can see whats happening and ignore
it and some people see it, know that its wrong and the Holy Spirit tells them DON'T IGNORE IT...FLEE!!!
I still serve and praise the one true God and thats what he told ME to do.
Why are you looking at this site? Have doubts?

Current Page: 25 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.