Current Page: 11 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: thankfultobeout ()
Date: February 13, 2009 10:09AM

Here's something else to consider. Virginia law states that anyone working over 40 hours per week has to be paid overtime. If people at the ROC are working 60+ hours per week, they should be getting paid for that overtime. I'm not sure as to the law as it relates to non-profits, but overtime must be paid for people working overtime, which means time and a half. I doubt that the ROC pays overtime. They could be breaking the law, but I'm not up to date on rules if it is a church. Interesting though. Also, each person should make minimum wage. Doesn't sound like this is the case here. Anyone know the law as it relates here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: WhatWouldJesusDo ()
Date: February 17, 2009 03:31AM

I love this site!!! There should be more like it. There are so many "Pastors" that need to know that they will have to answer to us if there not right!!! The one thing that hasn't been stated yet is, the fact that The ROC says that their roots are more Baptist than anything, but i think their more Pentecostal. I know Pastor Geronimo is, I've been close enough to hear him pray many times, and I know that he personally speaks in tongues and believes in the gifts, of course most people dont know this. NOW they do!

Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: February 20, 2009 08:49AM

Hey Xfan,

THanks for the specific info/experience about this clinic. Given what you are sharing it seems to me that anyone in the area can/should call the local authorities and report the clinic for having/allowing non-trained/licensed medical professionals and known ex herion addicts performing medical procedures. They can actually be immediately shut down.

What you shared absolutely horrified me. It doesn't help that I'm already needle phobic but the just idea of being at the receiving end of a needle and I know/am told that the person is an ex heroin addict and claiming "I can get any vein" would send me into a full on panic attack (and I've never had a panic attack! lol)

XFAN

i just wanted to input about the clinic.

i went there about a year ago to check out something (because i have to health insurance) and i dont know about the people working there. i do know though, that the person who took my blood was NOT supposed to. the person was an ex-heroin addict and didnt have a liscence for it, but he specifically told me "i can find a vein anywhere, dont worry im used to this" and got very upset when it took 20 minutes to get a vein to give blood because they were "an expert and putting needle in veins". i dont really think that helps, but i just thought i would put that in there.

also they have a note on the forms you fill out saying something like "we'll take any donations given" and im almost positive a professional clinic wont take a pack of seringes(sp) from any old person, so im sure they meant money.

just my 2 cents :)

Date: February 20, 2009 08:57AM

Hi there

I haven't had contact with Stacee in some time. There is another here in the group who has current contact with her. Maybe that person will answer that question. I can't out them as they told me in confidence. However, I DID find out something that absolutely shocked the hell out of me recently. Stacee has been allowing the kids to go visit/stay with Geronimo. I heard that and wanted to shake Stacee like a British Nanny. I simply cannot believe she has forgotten what he did to her, to them. I don't care that 'each child should have a mother and a father.' In my opinion, sometimes it IS for the best interest of the children to keep them from the negative influence of the other parent. Sometimes that IS the best parenting one can offer to their child: protecting them from the other parent. Sure, Geronimo can afford (thanks to tithings of church members) to give the kids cars, clothes and support their interests (bands, music, whatever) and that would surely seem enticing to any kid. But the cost for that is to expose those kids to his corruption both of lifestyle and corruption of God and spiritual lifestyle. I'd rather raise kids without the money of my ex partner but WITH morals and values and staying away from spiritual corruption than the latter option. I think she's doing her kids a disservice allowing them access to him and his 'blood money.' They will likely think THAT is how a church is run and THAT is spirituality (corrupt). What a shame, right?

Godstruth
Freeatlast ,
I saw in one of your previous post that Staci, G's ex wife was a friend of yours. Does she realize the situation that she has left her son in?
Has she forgotten what she went through with G and set free? She must be a very forgiving and forgetful person to allow her kids to be
apart of the ROC. If you still have contact with her, please fill her in or just have her visit this site.

Date: February 20, 2009 09:04AM

Hey NowISee,

If I remember correctly he was with his mom and I vaguely also think I recall that his dad DID have some contact with him. You see... the big giant lie he's been telling the people in Virginia is that he was a drug addict/gang member who just happened "by some mystical coincidence" to walk into a church when he was 17 that just 'happened' to be run by his father. In another interview, when Pastor Phil was going through the worst of his recent scandals and arrest, he (Geronimo) was actually quoted as talking about his 'early' church experiences and talks about Set Free but completely ignored the fact that Phil is his father. It felt very much like he was trying to somewhat hide that fact.

You see, Phil and Geronimo had contact all throughout his childhood. That doesn't mean they were buddies. That doesn't mean Geronimo always lived with Phil. Remember that Phil went to prison twice, (once for child molestation charges - to the children of his now wife, Sandra, btw!). Phil was also a heroin addict and so he wasn't always available to be the at-home dad for Geronimo. Nonetheless the fantasy that Geronimo likes to weave about walking into this church one day and by some divine coincidence it being the church his estranged dad runs is total B.S. He's really trying to tell a hollywood-worthy story.

NowIsee
FreeAtLast,

Do you happen to know where Geronimo lived from age 8 until he moved in with his grandparents? Im sure that question is on alot of peoples minds. Its amazing that this site for the ROC has had over 500 viewings in the last week. I hope this means people are questioning things that they see.

Posted by: B&Ds DAD ()
Date: February 20, 2009 01:16PM

OK YLHALL OR .....
NO CODENAMES..JUST THE TRUTH

TO: WWJD
FIRST: I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THE ROC IS NEITHER BAPTIST OR PENTECOSTAL. YES THEY HAVE CLAIMED TO BELIEVE MORE TO THE BAPTIST FAITH.

SECOND: I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT IF YOU HAVE BEEN AT THE ROC FOR ANY AMOUNT OF TIME YOU WOULD KNOW THAT GERONIMO DOES BELIEVE IN THESE GIFTS, INCLUDING TONGUES. HE ALSO SAYS ITS THE LEAST IMPORTANT AND SPOKE OF LAST. I CANT IMAGINE WHERE YOU COULD HAVE BEEN TO HAVE SEEN HIM PRAY WITH SOMEONE MUCHLESS OVERHEAR HIM.

JUST KEEP THE POST REAL.

TO: FREEATLAST

ITS GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK. PLEASE SHAKE HER LIKE A BRITISH NANNY. THANK YOU FOR THE CLARITY ON THE "TESTIMONY"

I HAVE BEEN READING THIS SITE FOR 5 MONTHS NOW AND I CAN SAY AT LEAST 90% OF ITS TRUE....OPEN YOUR EYES.

Posted by: XFAN ()
Date: February 21, 2009 03:27AM

FreeAtLast
Hey NowISee,

If I remember correctly he was with his mom and I vaguely also think I recall that his dad DID have some contact with him. You see... the big giant lie he's been telling the people in Virginia is that he was a drug addict/gang member who just happened "by some mystical coincidence" to walk into a church when he was 17 that just 'happened' to be run by his father. In another interview, when Pastor Phil was going through the worst of his recent scandals and arrest, he (Geronimo) was actually quoted as talking about his 'early' church experiences and talks about Set Free but completely ignored the fact that Phil is his father. It felt very much like he was trying to somewhat hide that fact.

You see, Phil and Geronimo had contact all throughout his childhood. That doesn't mean they were buddies. That doesn't mean Geronimo always lived with Phil. Remember that Phil went to prison twice, (once for child molestation charges - to the children of his now wife, Sandra, btw!). Phil was also a heroin addict and so he wasn't always available to be the at-home dad for Geronimo. Nonetheless the fantasy that Geronimo likes to weave about walking into this church one day and by some divine coincidence it being the church his estranged dad runs is total B.S. He's really trying to tell a hollywood-worthy story.

NowIsee
FreeAtLast,

Do you happen to know where Geronimo lived from age 8 until he moved in with his grandparents? Im sure that question is on alot of peoples minds. Its amazing that this site for the ROC has had over 500 viewings in the last week. I hope this means people are questioning things that they see.

freeatlast-
i noticed that the question asked was where did geronimo stay after he was 8. the story he tells is that his mother was killed when he was 8..and the rest of the story may very well be a lie, but the part of his mothers murder may be the truth. and if its a lie as well, he has more problems then we thought. i believe he once stated that he stayed with grandparents, yet they hated him because he was mexican or something like that. im not sure. but i dont believe hewas with his mother..i believe she was killed. i could be wrong.

Date: February 21, 2009 03:17PM

Xfan,

Ever since I read your experience at the 'health clinic' run by the ROC I have been brought to tears laughing imagining a conversation between a patron of the clinic and this 'ex-heroin-addict' phlebotimist (blood drawing-vampire person) and it has gone a little something like this... "Don't worry, hon... I used to be a heroin addict. If anyone can get a vein, I CAN!" and the patron's reply would be something like.. "Yeah, but why are we trying to draw my blood between my toes?" "oh, so no-one will know you even got your blood drawn"

How sick is my sense of humour, dude!? ehehe

Seriously though... someone should be reporting them to the local authorities. From your description, I fear that what I thought is true... they are illegally running the health clinic with unlicensed people performing 'medical' procedures on others. SO LAWSUIT worthy. scary!

XFAN
FreeAtLast
CARPEDIEM - for those of us unfamiliar with the "Love of Jesus Health Clinic" can you detail how it is connected to The ROC and Geronimo? Is it an on-site clinic? Is it licensed with licensed medical/psychological practitioners seeing clientele? Is it a free clinic or mixed (takes insurance, cash and offers free or sliding-scale services)? Is it a medical-only clinic, a dependency or psychological clinic or serves both populations? If serving psychological needs does it employ a trained AND LICENSED psychologist or therapist? I ask this because Set Free (Geronimo's father's church and where he worked before) has a long history of 'serving/helping' those people with dependency issues, psychological issues and whatnot but never once hiring a trained and licensed medical or psychological therapist. Major lawsuit territory. Also, you ask some really good questions about the missing/unaccounted-for $130,000. But, I think it would help to define how this clinic is tied to the church.

i just wanted to input about the clinic.

i went there about a year ago to check out something (because i have to health insurance) and i dont know about the people working there. i do know though, that the person who took my blood was NOT supposed to. the person was an ex-heroin addict and didnt have a liscence for it, but he specifically told me "i can find a vein anywhere, dont worry im used to this" and got very upset when it took 20 minutes to get a vein to give blood because they were "an expert and putting needle in veins". i dont really think that helps, but i just thought i would put that in there.

also they have a note on the forms you fill out saying something like "we'll take any donations given" and im almost positive a professional clinic wont take a pack of seringes(sp) from any old person, so im sure they meant money.

just my 2 cents :)

Posted by: ?'sROC ()
Date: February 24, 2009 10:51PM

I have family at the ROC. I am have been myself, but a few things didn't set right with me. I am very concerned for my family that still attends. I am brought up my concerns in the past. I need concrete things to open their eyes. Advice on how to get them to listen. They have had friends leave the ROC, but have never asked them why.

Date: February 25, 2009 05:18AM

?'sAtROC,

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do if they don't want to hear anything is to pray for them. If they are interested in hearing people's stories suggest that they visit this discussion thread and suggest they read the entire thread (all 11 pages/months worth) of postings. They need to make their own informed decisions about what they feel is right for them. I had to make that painful decision for myself as well, leaving behind many friends. In fact, family of mine left the church before I did and they had to leave without me or my support (I was a staunch supporter for a long time). Eventually, I opened my eyes to what was 'really going on' and left.

?'sROC
I have family at the ROC. I am have been myself, but a few things didn't set right with me. I am very concerned for my family that still attends. I am brought up my concerns in the past. I need concrete things to open their eyes. Advice on how to get them to listen. They have had friends leave the ROC, but have never asked them why.

Current Page: 11 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.