Current Page: 79 of 85
Re: Richmond Outreach Center
Posted by: Soldier4christ ()
Date: January 22, 2013 06:38AM

I have a friend who's in Roc Connect and says they wish it had been this way years ago. Better than listening to pastor G preach! Ha

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sixfoursoul ()
Date: January 22, 2013 01:43PM

The reason why the ROC stays afloat is because it a worldly church that caters to the world. it human nature to be attracted to big and entertaining things. be honest if some offered you a Mercedes or ford what would your eye learn towards ? It the same thing with mega churches ( not just the ROC ) they have always been full of scandal and the leaders are usually corrupt.. its no different than big business. I'm not defending this place but there has to be a time when people move on eventually.. I see the same people here saying the same things for years! I just dip in now and then to see if there something new being said .. nope lol as much as I loath the ROC and its leaders i wish most people here would move on.. an if you really want to make a change and stand up for God and whats right .. @ least show your real name and assemble together. Pastor G knows almost all of you and reads these posts it pretty easy for him to defend against the same blogs over and over. G used to work in a car wash making minumum wage if he didnt have the ROC thats what he would be doing. Hes not going to stop unless find away to disrupt his money flow. and that will never happen.. as long as he keeps his 501 c3 and other contrabutions comming in, all he has to do is keep marketing and find lost people to come to the ROC.. have you seen Richmond lately ? that will be easy ..lol peoples best bet would be to seek GOD and understand the scripture the best way they know how , and realize that most westernized Christianity itself corrupt on some level..I left the ROC sometime ago and had a very bad experience there.. but I moved on.

Posted by: Sixfoursoul ()
Date: January 22, 2013 01:46PM

The Roc is like a big high school.. nothing more

Posted by: Takeastand ()
Date: January 22, 2013 10:48PM

SOLDIER4CHRIST, that's a joke. How can you say Rsen is a real cool dude when he was having an affair with Tara, the hot nurse, for years before he left his nice wife Kelly and got separated? No one cares about someone getting a boob job but when they use ministry money or manipulate money from church members to get it, that's a problem. No wonder you got blocked from the facebook page, if you are spewing about stuff you know nothing about, who are you to say how someone chooses to seek healing? When you get molested or raped when being counseled in his office about your marriage or problems, then you can advise someone what kind of healing to seek. Please don't quote the bible and sound so uninformed at the same time.

Posted by: EA4RAM ()
Date: January 24, 2013 01:24AM

Sixfoursoul-What good is showing your real name? You didn't show yours and I can't say I blame you. The best that would do is invite a call/letter from their attorney who will threaten people, tell them they can't speak/write anything about the ROC. They try to intimidate and instill fear. Otherwise I do agree with you on several points you've made, especially about the whole environment being like high school. You made a great point about as long as he is keeping that 501 c3 status, he's not going to stop. BUT ONE DAY, when that status is gone .....

Posted by: Allclear ()
Date: January 25, 2013 09:03AM

Like the saying goes, "Follow the Money". Is there any financial reporting at all at the ROC? That is a lot of money to be unaccounted for. According to Charitystat.com, the ROC has assests of over 17 million $$. In 2011, the ROC had revenue over 3 million $$ in one year-- that was down from 7.8 million $$ the year before in 2010.

Geronimo is President of at least 13 different corporations - most of them are required to file a 990 with the IRS and those documents are at GuideStar.com. Most of the companies are organized as non-profits. Here is some of the information on GuideStar.com:

In 2011, Love of Jesus reported gross earnings of $353,094 (gave $212,711 to ROC)
In 2011, the ROC Cafe earned total of $211,488 (gave $67,600 to ROC)
In 2011, the ROC Childcare and Development Center reported gross earnings of $507,714 (gave $76,134 to ROC)
In 2011, Love of Jesus - East made $353,094 (gross) (gave $212,711 to ROC)
ROC fitness made $30,647
Jesus Couture made $67,041 (gave $41,900 to ROC)

Geronimo is also listed as president of ROC Asphalt, Inc., ROC Transportation, Inc., ROC Fitness Center, Inc., Richmond Outreach Counseling, Inc., RIchmond Outreach Construction, Inc., The Rappahannock Outreach Center, Inc., Aim High Tutoring of Florida, and Love of Jesus Hair Salon. Inc.

Not sure what all that means, but like I said, it is a lot of money.

Date: January 27, 2013 10:02AM

ALLCLEAR-Are you sure those numbers are correct? Is there a possibility there is a typo/mistake? Especially for the daycare earning more than a 1/2 million dollars? For profit daycares are not earning this amount per year. There must be some mistake.

Also, how are all these other businesses affiliated with The ROC, such as ROC Transportation and Construction? I have never heard of these.

Date: January 28, 2013 12:19AM

EA4RAM - Here is the link to the 990 filed for the Child Development Center. You can see the expenses and the revenue and also the members of the Board. [www.guidestar.org]

Date: January 28, 2013 08:03AM

EA4RAM - yes there was a typo in my first message. The thrift store numbers are actually too low! The Love of Jesus thrift store reported revenues of over $800,00. Here is the link to the 990 from 2011.

[www.guidestar.org]

That is in addition to the $353,000 reported at Love of Jesus-East.

I already posted the link to the 990 for the daycare showing earnings of over half a million. It does seem like a lot of money for a thrift store or a daycare center. Is there some mistake? Well, that's what was reported to the IRS. Either the daycare and the thrift store brought in that much or they are using the companies to launder money from somewhere else. Either way, it is big money with little/no oversight.

Date: January 29, 2013 08:33AM

I didn't realize it was so easy to report a suspected IRS Tax Fraud ... [www.irs.gov] Maybe others didn't either. With the publication of this information maybe it will now be possible for something to be done to stop this. I cannot believe a thrift store earned this much revenue in one year in sales alone.

Current Page: 79 of 85

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.