Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: sphinxspiritual.com.au Ian and Pearl Rogers
Posted by: Not a cult? ()
Date: April 14, 2018 03:32PM

The fact you feel it necessary to discredit someone’s opinion and insult their intellect and freedom of speech raises enough questions.
I know a women who has joined this cult and has changed drastically, no longer speaking to friends and family and chooses to engauge in deep trance sessions rather than spend time with her kids

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: True2018 ()
Date: April 17, 2018 01:50PM

Time for the truth!

I am happy to see some truth finally being posted here after the many ridiculous and false things that have been posted either out of ignorance and no direct experience or to discredit people who I hold in the highest regard and whose organisation: Sphinx Spiritual is founded on a bedrock of strong values which are constantly upheld. I have been involved with Sphinx Spiritual for over a decade now and have become a very independent, much more loving person as a result of the learning and growth from Sphinx Spiritual and Ian and Pearl Rogers. I live to my own values and I make my own choices based on my own values and my teenagers who fully support my involvement because of the many positive changes they see in me and our family, have no interest for themselves, so are not involved, as is their right and choice!

What Ian and Pearl teach is inspiring and for all the learning that has helped me grow beyond my childhood pain and conditioning and find my purpose and joy and love in my life, I am deeply grateful. I don't know of more humble, honest and loving people than Ian and Pearl, nor two people who practice what they teach more, in every aspect of their own lives! To say this is a cult is outrageous and objectionable and to post some of the false rubbish about their guides and alleged teachings as has been done on this site, is posted by people who either have no direct experience or idea of what they are talking about or who want to hurt and discredit through any dishonest means they can find! The website address they quote is not even correct.

Posted by: Ferg22 ()
Date: April 17, 2018 03:32PM

I first met Pearl Rogers in November 2016. I was unhappy in my career, struggling with crippling anxiety and horrible depression. During my first appointment she advised me to leave my job as soon as possible. She gave me her advice; and helped me decide on a more suitable career. She helped me identify some flaws in the ways I had been living my life and gave me some strategies to help in moving forward. 6 months later I quit my job, sold my house, moved to my new home and changed career.

12 months down the track I can only say that I am thankful every-day for having met this woman. I spent many years and thousands of dollars on all kinds of natural and pharmaceutical drugs. I saw many different counsellors, therapists, psychologists, etc. and none of these so-called professionals was able to help me in any significant way. Traditional counsellors just dance around the edge of peoples problems, taking their money and never actually getting to the core of their problems. I had 3 appointments with Pearl. She told me exactly what I needed to hear and I took her advice. I took Homeopathic medicines, I had Hahnemann Healing; and now I no longer have anxiety, I am positive about my career and I am waking up every-day genuinely happy to be alive, something I had not experienced for a very long time.

Posted by: True2018 ()
Date: April 17, 2018 06:27PM

Time for the truth!

I am happy to see some truth finally being posted here after the many ridiculous and false things that have been posted either out of ignorance and no direct experience or to discredit people who I hold in the highest regard and whose organisation: Sphinx Spiritual is founded on a bedrock of strong values which are constantly upheld. I have been involved with Sphinx Spiritual for over a decade now and have become a very independent, much more loving person as a result of the learning and growth from Sphinx Spiritual and Ian and Pearl Rogers. I live to my own values and I make my own choices based on my own values and my teenagers who fully support my involvement because of the many positive changes they see in me and our family, have no interest for themselves, so are not involved, as is their right and choice!

What Ian and Pearl teach is inspiring and for all the learning that has helped me grow beyond my childhood pain and conditioning and find my purpose and joy and love in my life, I am deeply grateful. I don't know of more humble, honest and loving people than Ian and Pearl, nor two people who practice what they teach more, in every aspect of their own lives! To say this is a cult is outrageous and objectionable and to post some of the false rubbish about their guides and alleged teachings as has been done on this site, is posted by people who either have no direct experience or idea of what they are talking about or who want to hurt and discredit through any dishonest means they can find! The website address they quote is not even correct.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 17, 2018 10:12PM

Ferg22 wrote:

"Traditional counsellors just dance around the edge of peoples problems, taking their money and never actually getting to the core of their problems."

You are free to express your dissatisfaction with traditional counselors. And are free to state that you consider quality of care you received from 'traditional counselors' was less than wonderful.

So...it is only fair that persons who consider the quality of care they received from Ian and Pearl Rogers to be less than wonderful ---
they should be just as free to speak up here too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 11:13AM by corboy.

Posted by: laughable ()
Date: April 18, 2018 08:57PM

Not a cult? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact you feel it necessary to discredit
> someone’s opinion and insult their intellect and
> freedom of speech raises enough questions.
> I know a women who has joined this cult and has
> changed drastically, no longer speaking to friends
> and family and chooses to engauge in deep trance
> sessions rather than spend time with her kids

It is confusing that in this response, you refer to Sphinx Spiritual as a cult when it is an organisation which teaches freedom of choice.

Whoever this woman is and however old her children are, it may well be that her choice to spend approximately two hours every two months attending a deep trance session offends you and causes you to pass judgement upon her. However, she has used her free will to make such a choice and hopefully her decision will in some way advantage her children, notwithstanding the two hours she was separate from them. Whether or not it does advantage them is a matter for her, and if it does not advantage them, hopefully over time she will use her free will to not attend such sessions. In judging her and calling Sphinx Spiritual a cult because one lady has exercised her free will, this displays abject failure to understand what a cult is.

Posted by: AMR ()
Date: April 19, 2018 12:09PM

I have been a member of the Sphinx Spiritual community for a few years and have and continue to partake in many of the courses and workshops Ian and Pearl Rogers offer. I am dumbfounded and disheartened by such negativity directed towards two of the most generous, passionate and kind people i have ever encountered. My experiences have always been extremely positive. Ian and Pearl offer a unique opportunity to gain insight into one's true self, to move in releasing painful and deliberating aspects of the past and to realise and embrace your full potential and purpose in life. Sphinx Spiritual move in unconditional love, honesty, respect, honour, accountability, freedom of speech and deeply believe in free will and personal choice. Quite the opposite to the continuous negativity, dishonesty, anger, greed and vindictiveness found within society that unfortunately is too often deemed as normal. I, personally was being sucked into such negativity yet instinctively knew it wasn't the real me. Both Ian and Pearl through their teachings and genuine belief in personal growth provide a safe space to feel connected and a sense of belonging enabling me to embrace my learnings and purpose, stepping into the real me .... empowered, loving, positive, driven, honest and trusting. I am incredibly grateful and feel blessed to be part of such a beautiful community.

Posted by: Ferg22 ()
Date: April 20, 2018 02:59AM

laughable Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not a cult? Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > The fact you feel it necessary to discredit
> > someone’s opinion and insult their intellect
> and
> > freedom of speech raises enough questions.
> > I know a women who has joined this cult and has
> > changed drastically, no longer speaking to
> friends
> > and family and chooses to engauge in deep
> trance
> > sessions rather than spend time with her kids
>
>
> It is confusing that in this response, you refer
> to Sphinx Spiritual as a cult when it is an
> organisation which teaches freedom of choice.
>
> Whoever this woman is and however old her children
> are, it may well be that her choice to spend
> approximately two hours every two months attending
> a deep trance session offends you and causes you
> to pass judgement upon her. However, she has used
> her free will to make such a choice and hopefully
> her decision will in some way advantage her
> children, notwithstanding the two hours she was
> separate from them. Whether or not it does
> advantage them is a matter for her, and if it does
> not advantage them, hopefully over time she will
> use her free will to not attend such sessions. In
> judging her and calling Sphinx Spiritual a cult
> because one lady has exercised her free will, this
> displays abject failure to understand what a cult
> is.

I’d also like to add; in the forum rules it clearly states:

“Don't post false statements, contrived fiction, deliberately misleading statements, obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful and/or threatening comments, which may violate any laws.”

And

“Any person that is here to cause trouble, start arguments and/or intimidate people, will be banned.”

How some of the posts regarding Sphinx have been allowed to stay on this forum I do not know. A lot of false and misleading statements have been made, and quite obviously to cause trouble. I attended a trance meditation last year, it was a very informative and positive experience. They are run every 8 weeks and go for about 2hrs, hardly evident of a woman neglecting her children, and not even close to the amount I used to spend training for and playing football. If I were to go through and try to dissect every lie or misleading statement on here, I would honestly be here all day. I am always stunned at the willingness of individuals to spread false defaming information all over the Internet, rather than just speak with someone like an adult. Pearl and Ian have helped countless amounts of people around Mornington and Australia for that matter, they have a large following because they are actually trying to do some good in the world, and you disgruntled and bitter individuals ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Date: April 20, 2018 07:38AM

I have read the first post in this forum by ‘justice for all,’ dated September 22, 2012 and this post has stood for a long time unanswered. Time has come to do so.

If someone chooses to use a public forum to attack an organisation and call it a cult, then it is fair and reasonable to understand the motivation so that the reader can give due consideration to it’s veracity.

This post has been identified by a lady who I know, as having been written by her ex-husband. As a result of domestic violence, she states she took a decision to leave the marriage.

It is true that at the time, she was part of the broader Sphinx Spiritual community. To lay claim that this caused the leaving of her husband, is to deny the domestic violence. In denying it, it shows an inability to be accountable for actions.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 20, 2018 08:45AM

Hmmm.

Still, there are posts by two other persons on page one of this thread.

Dpp and lorelai304.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.