Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: September 07, 2012 08:54PM

The UM website states about the origins of Serge's work:

"Personally, he was very fit and healthy, very content and financially successful with little need to change, as one would normally understand ‘change’ or ‘needing to change’ from something that is not working or from being ‘not happy’ or ‘discontent’ and therefore wanting to move on in search of more, etc. In short, there was no reason whatsoever to change where he stood in his life. And hence, with no vigour, stimulation or drive, his initial interest in the ‘healing thing’, as he called it back then, was born-out from a deep feeling he was at that stage experiencing … a feeling he could not explain."

Source: UM website

Yet an article that has just appeared in the Courier Mail states:

"The one-time tennis coach founded the group, which has 2000 mainly female followers, after emerging from bankruptcy over an unpaid lease on a Sydney tennis centre in 1998."r

Source: Courier Mail Newspaper

Quite a radical difference of opinion isn't it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: September 07, 2012 09:27PM

Beware potential customers of Serge Benhayon the esoteric CONMAM. Universal Medicine has it's chief recruitment officer / puppet in the form of the very ubiquitous Chris James on the loose - he is doing Serge's work in return for Serge promoting Chris as the very talented genius he isn't . One Minute of hearing Chris sing and you'll agree that not " everyone was born with a beautiful voice" . By the way Chris I noticed you on the TV expose of your hero and master Serge guffawing away as usual- nice one !! -Eric

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 07, 2012 09:35PM

HerbertKane178
The UM website states about the origins of Serge's work:

"Personally, he was very fit and healthy, very content and financially successful with little need to change, as one would normally understand ‘change’ or ‘needing to change’ from something that is not working or from being ‘not happy’ or ‘discontent’ and therefore wanting to move on in search of more, etc. In short, there was no reason whatsoever to change where he stood in his life. And hence, with no vigour, stimulation or drive, his initial interest in the ‘healing thing’, as he called it back then, was born-out from a deep feeling he was at that stage experiencing … a feeling he could not explain."

Source: UM website

Yet an article that has just appeared in the Courier Mail states:

"The one-time tennis coach founded the group, which has 2000 mainly female followers, after emerging from bankruptcy over an unpaid lease on a Sydney tennis centre in 1998."r

Source: Courier Mail Newspaper

Quite a radical difference of opinion isn't it?

If Serge was actually bankrupt, I'd say money was a motivating factor in starting a new-age healing cult. I'd say it also makes the following quotes, from the 'About UniMed'' page on the UM website, more examples of this supposed monument to truth and integrity actually being a blatant liar:

[www.universalmedicine.com.au]

"Personally, he was very fit and healthy, very content and financially successful with little need to change.."

"Once again, it is pertinent to remember, if not understand, that all of this was happening to someone who did not need to change nor challenge his very comfortable position/place in life. At the age of 35, life was rather cruise-y in and amidst Serge’s long held strong and dedicated work ethic, and at that time, an even grander more financially rewarding opportunity lay in waiting. All it needed was a ‘yes’, and the known safe road was there for the taking. All thoughts led to the ‘yes’, that is, ‘take the assured opportunity and set yourself up for an even greater form of comfort for life’ – but the inner-heart felt otherwise"

"In addition to the financial carrot that was dangling ever so close and offering an even grander slice of long-term security.."

"In essence, he felt there was a grander more open and truth-full form of life, something that contained far more than we as a human race had, for it, in spite of his own success, comfort and wellness in it, was not it.."

Date: September 07, 2012 11:12PM

My perception was always as you say MacReady. Everyone talks of SB as being incredibly successful prior to UM, man of integrity etc. I wonder why he has never chosen to reveal this before? This combined with the other revelations in the Good Weekend article about his past are starting to paint a very different picture than the commonly accepted one.

This claimed arbiter of truth seems to have some real problems actually understanding what truth means.

Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: September 08, 2012 12:07AM

Recently I received a private message via this forum from a gentleman who had some business dealings with Serge in the 90's in the area of Sydney's northern beaches .He and a few others were very angry, he said ,as Serge had gone bankrupt and left some business matters unsettled and had nicked off back to Uruguay .It does seem this whole puzzle is beginning to fall into place readers, particularly in the light of the article published in The Courier Mail.This gentleman did also mention that when he knew Serge, Serge had a penchant for the "young ones". I didn't post this earlier as it seemed there was little evidence to verify this gent's story - there does seem to be now .- Over and out Eric

Date: September 08, 2012 04:40AM

I think it's worth reposting the below post here in light of the Courier Mail article. While the author is "Anonymous", what's written, and the fact it was on one of the UM blogs indicates it is from an insider. I just have to question how this statement can be true: "He started as a tennis coach but went on to own a successful tennis academy which saw him very financially secure before he started Unimed.".

There's not a person in this world who would say that bankrupcy is an indication of "a successful tennis academy which saw him very financially secure". So either Serge is telling his followers a pack of lies and they are happy to post them up for everyone to read, or the article's claims of Serge's bankruptcy are incorrect and he will sue for defamation and slander.

It's also interesting that this particular post "disappeared" just prior to the article appearing. A coincidence, or not?

The post is quoted below:

Today Tonight
— AUGUST 1, 2012

by Anonymous

Thank you Neil Doorley (Today Tonight, channel 7) for visiting the UniMed Clinic with at least a half open mind (and heart). However when you found that we were normal people who had decided of our own free will to make changes in our lives, you had to find another angle for a story. Hence, you choose a few quotes from Serge which when taken out of context implied other than the truth.

Yes, Serge did say that the annual turnover for UniMed was around $A2. mill. He also told you that much of that goes back into the business to support students. He mentioned that he maintains a second home where seriously ill students can stay free of charge while they are having medical treatment at the local hospital. He offers these and other seriously ill people free healing sessions to complement their medical treatment. Serge sponsors many students world wide who want to attend events but may not have the funds. UniMed has a small staff as well as the other costs associated with any small business. Serge and his family live a very modest life as those close to him will attest. While Serge did not come from a wealthy family, he worked even while at school and had earned himself a Porsche in his early twenties. He started as a tennis coach but went on to own a successful tennis academy which saw him very financially secure before he started Unimed. We all heard Serge tell you that he lived in a more grand house then than he does now! To suggest or imply that he is doing what he now does for the money is a misrepresentation of the truth and if I may say, not worthy of a serious journalist.
Yes Serge, did admit that he says that he is the reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci (although it is difficult to believe this if you see him draw stick figures on the black board!). He qualified that by explaining that he mentions it to students to make the point that the work he presents is not new but has a long lineage and that Leonardo was but one in that lineage. This will all be revealed in a book currently being written in the UK about the many enlightened teachers who have been part of keeping this lineage alive. (Now, there’s a story!). Lastly, we had to smile when we saw that the camera had chosen to focus on the women in the audience and pretend that the men did not exist! And, not even one word from Adam who also had a long interview with you. We trust that when this story is even bigger that you will return with an open heart and report the full truth. We would love to welcome you back in that capacity. Meanwhile you are most welcome to slip under the media radar and come for another healing session any time you so feel! I am sure that Serge would sponsor you and if not, then it is on me!!

Source: Google Cache[/quote]

Date: September 08, 2012 06:08AM

We all know Serge likes to throw around Albert Einstein's "Everything is Energy" to lend a scientific veneer to his cultish belief system.

Here's another Einstein quote:

"The important thing is to never stop questioning"

To any UM student reading this, don't you think it's about time to start questioning Serge, and the possibility that the image of himself he has presented to you is, shall we say, not quite accurate?

How many of his lies have to be exposed before you realize all is not right here?

If you embody the self-love you claim to, you will not blindly defend a man when confronted with multiple examples of his dishonesty. You will be honest with yourselves and admit that just perhaps, you are the ones in 'Illusion'. An illusion of Serge's making.

"The important thing is to never stop questioning" - Albert Einstein.

To the students of Universal Medicine: it's even more important that you find the courage in your hearts to start.

Date: September 08, 2012 09:48AM

"Serge and his family live a very modest life as those close to him will attest...We all heard Serge tell you that he lived in a more grand house then than he does now! To suggest or imply that he is doing what he now does for the money is a misrepresentation of the truth and if I may say, not worthy of a serious journalist"

Yet according to the article in the Brisbane Courier Mail:

"He now boasts interests in property worth more than $7.4 million and an enterprise that turns over at least $2 million a year..."

[mobile.news.com.au]

I'd be interested to see evidence and documentation backing up the claims that Serge's residence prior to UM was 'more grand' than the one he lives in now.

Just for the record, the UK media have started to take interest in the story:
[www.tntmagazine.com]

Given Serge's popularity over there, let's hope more UK based media follow suit.

Posted by: Morpheus ()
Date: September 08, 2012 09:50AM

Hi Again
since Ive been out it is starting to be really clear to me how much of a cult UM is and how raving mad Serge is. I have been thinking about the things he said, and at the time with everyone else around laughing and cheering I just went along with it. Now I realize it is just a big ego trip with everyone else cheering him on.
As for this from the courier mail today:

Dr Hall said there were "no grounds for saying it's a cult" and that media scrutiny of Mr Benhayon "feels like a witchhunt". She knew of "a few" couples who split after joining the group as lifestyle changes were "very confronting" for some partners.

"But were there cracks in the relationship beforehand?" Dr Hall said. "Maybe the woman decides she's feeling more confident to go ... the other rejected party feels hurt and blames (Universal Medicine).

"A lot of them hide behind Serge. They play 'Serge said'. I've known Serge for eight years and he's never said 'stay' or 'leave'."

What a B***- she blogs constantly in defence of Serge and never spells out a lot of her clients are cult members- vested interested Rachel. I know of three breakups personally and i can tell you that if they are not because of Serge, they are not inspite of him. For sure if there is some issue in the relationship, which is EVERY relationship, UM is certain to be the end of it. And let me also say, in each case Serge did personally make comments to those women suggesting the partner was holding the back or similar. You're a liar Serge, and Rachel you are pathetic blaming those women for hiding behind Serge's words when you use his exact words all the time.

I am sitting here now enjoying the beautiful day, blissfully free of Serge and his world of crazy ideas and judgments. This article has knocked the last doubt out of me. How are all the followers who have been praising Serge as a man of amazing integrity, truth and business sense going to explain his lies about his past away now? What are they going to blog about? I bet Serge invents a new lie to blame someone else or calls the media a liar.
Time to wake up my former friends. The view is much better over here away from all that madness.

Date: September 08, 2012 10:31AM

So this is what we have so far:

1. Serge is a common liar just like every other mortal except on a grander scale-

He has spent years telling everyone that he is a man of absolute integrity and honesty, and bragging about his success before resisting the call to enlighten the world with his brand of 'soulfullness' and bestow his unique and exclusive gift of energetic knowledge upon us all, and now it turns out that his 'presented past' is a fiction. In addition, we have recently learned that the long held article of of faith concerning Serge's incarnations is sort of a 'joke' and it has been recanted on his websites.

However, how do the students respond.

Often we are presented with information that we as people try to decipher and pigeonhole in order to make it more comfortable and palatable. Sometimes we cannot box the information away it is too confronting, can't possibly be true, how ridiculous! In the case of Universal Medicine they have helped thousands to realise that there is more to their lives, more than illness, dis-ease with self and society. To realise a level of human responsibility that if we all stepped up to would help the world feel like it should...a place of harmony. Universal medicine have with out pressure or need have shown me the tools to truly be who I am rather than succumb to the 'norm'. Going to bed early when I know I have a long day ahead is responsible. Not drinking alcohol or eating food that numbs me from feeling how to be is responsible.... etc

That is the general tenet of the blogs going on today on new sites, plus the usual "witch hunt/hack media/lies"-
Not one of the bloggers seems to be able to comment on the glaring issue that Serge's past is not how he presented it, and continues to do so on his website to this moment.

The very same thing happened a few weeks ago when it was revealed that his wife was 13 when she met Serge. Now you would assume most of these people are decent and well-adjusted, yet it doesn't occur to them that this is slightly odd, at the very minimum? We know he debriefed the followers ahead of time by discrediting Miranda's mother and family, but surely somewhere in their minds, a little voice must be saying " That just ain't right".

Did one of these students in service of 'love' consider Miranda's mother or family for a moment? Do you think she would say something that wasn't true? what would be her motive?... No of course they didn't, because Universal Medicine is not about love. It is about judgement, self serving ideas, and slavishly protecting a man of highly questionable integrity because he has handed you a (strange) black and white model of the world that means you dont have to do any work for yourselves, and absolves you of responsibility to others.

2. The Students want to remain firmly in their delusions-

Of course we are not hearing from the ones that might have doubts, but I am sure that many will shut their minds down to these contradictions and the questionable nature of Serge's morality with some self justification that they are onto something greater, the world is not stepping up, they gave up drinking and dropped 5 kilo's, and so forth.

For you students such as the not very smart man that wrote that ridiculous piece above, it is time to be true to yourselves and your families. What do you know about Serge? Nothing. Only what he tells you, and clearly what he tells you is not right.

There are many that know a lot about Serge and it is completely different to what he "conveniently' portrays- Ironically, many students discredit their families and partners over minor things and events, while not applying the same rule to Serge. Is that a part of UM integrity system?

Frankly I don't understand how any of you can go within a mile of him given what is emerging. I am sure more truth will percolate to the surface. And there is plenty that wants to find its way there. If you took your head out of your naval gazing for a moment and looked around it is exceedingly easy to see. Right now it is in your slightly stunned face's like a Mediterranean midday sun. Look up Students.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.