Current Page: 40 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: June 16, 2012 05:58AM

knowledge_is_king
Gibbs
There was a 8-10 year old young girl this time and she answered Mom, Dad, happy, friends, etc..

Hey there are a couple of straightforward reasons as to why the American spelling for the abbreviated form of Mother 'Mom' has been used here:

1. Gibbs is American and has used the American form accidentally. Possible.
2. The kid was American and used the American form and Gibbs quoted it in the original form. Pretty unlikely I'd have to say.

So we have a conundrum:

1. Is Gibbs American, if so why is the rest of his writing in Australian style with the occasional mate thrown in and why does he tend to write replies at the same time as everyone else in the Australian time zone.
2. Is the kid American, I don't think so, the probability of the kid appearing at an event is already low, the chance of an American kid appearing when the presentation wasn't in the US lower still, and the improbability is compounded by the fact that an Australian writer would have to be so painstakingly accurate in their retelling to use the child's native tongue as it isn't second nature for an Aussie to say Mom.

So I'm sorry Gibbs but you are American, not that there is anything wrong with that, it just means that to me this presents an inconsistent picture of you as throughout the rest of your writing you appear to be Australian.

When I marry that up with the other inconsistencies already demonstrated by others on this site around the person you present yourself as being, I ask myself: 'who is Gibbs, and why is he here?'

And then it all makes sense... G-I-B-B-S, or should that be: Gee-I-Be-S-B.

Hi Serge, welcome to the discussion board, it was only a matter of time before your ego got the better of you.

My mother is American, I was born in the US and raised here from the age of three. I spell Mom as a habit on her birthday cards emails Mothers day etc..Man tough crowd here.

What has any of this got to do with the topic other than an exposure of who I am which I have said I would like to remain private. If we are going to keep picking away at my identity till you are all satisfied I'm afraid I will need to move on.

From what I have seen there are NO regular students from UM posting here except Rod Harvey. I am not Serge. Creative, but incorrect.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 16, 2012 06:16AM

Gibbs:

You never answered my question.

Do you believe in the "entity" or entities you previously described?

Date: June 16, 2012 06:21AM

No, but I still think of it as a possibility. I have lots of crazy things that I think are possibilities that have nothing to with UM as well.

It doesn't matter exactly what I believe or anybody's personal beliefs are does it?

I have come to say there can be life after UM. You can get through this intact and with your partner, family, friends and finance.

I don't mind telling what I have experienced and the knowledge of UM as a way of helping people here gain understanding of why and how a person can go off and never return. But it obviously arouses suspicion to my true intention and gives me the feeling I am being probed not for what I can do to help, but what my intentions are, who I am, and what my beliefs are.

If anybody wants to know more about specific topics of UM I am glad to share what I know. I am also glad to share what my opinion, for whatever it's worth, on how to deal with a friend or loved one that you would like to see have a more balanced lifestyle.

Thats it.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 16, 2012 06:31AM

Gibbs:

You are being "probed" concerning your beliefs because apologists come here, or should I say "trolls", to undermine and subvert threads.

These folks often pose as well-meaning participants.

So people here are a bit suspicious at times.

Just trying to understand if you remain a true believer in UM and are here to somehow defend the group and its leader.

Just curious.

You have the right to believe whatever you want.

Date: June 16, 2012 06:31AM

corboy
Pending question:

Does behavior of UM dieters match anything reported in the Ancel Keyes study?

Do the UM dieters wear extra clothing and behave as though they have low body temp?

Yes, I have found they do wear heaps more clothing. I found myself thinly dressed, when many others had thick jackets on and/or blankets around them. Keeping warm is an important thing.
For example you will find the more avid student will not go in the water in winter, even with a wetsuit on. I was told once you loose kidney energy, and the cold water against your skin is not good.

Date: June 16, 2012 06:48AM

rrmoderator
Gibbs:

You are being "probed" concerning your beliefs because apologists come here, or should I say "trolls", to undermine and subvert threads.

These folks often pose as well-meaning participants.

So people here are a bit suspicious at times.

Just trying to understand if you remain a true believer in UM and are here to somehow defend the group and its leader.

Just curious.

You have the right to believe whatever you want.

I understand. No I am not a true believer. To be honest if I was, I would probably have left my wife, and friends by now and most likely, would not give this thread the time of day. Rod Harvey had a go, but I doubt he or anyone else will.

All the same you can be dam sure many of them will be reading and following this thread. Hence why I wish to remain anonymous. I still know a few of the people involved. Not as close friends but nonetheless I don't want deal with the exposure. Probably said too much already. But no more, please!

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: June 16, 2012 07:09AM

Gibbs
No, but I still think of it as a possibility. I have lots of crazy things that I think are possibilities that have nothing to with UM as well.

It doesn't matter exactly what I believe or anybody's personal beliefs are does it?

I have come to say there can be life after UM. You can get through this intact and with your partner, family, friends and finance.

I don't mind telling what I have experienced and the knowledge of UM as a way of helping people here gain understanding of why and how a person can go off and never return. But it obviously arouses suspicion to my true intention and gives me the feeling I am being probed not for what I can do to help, but what my intentions are, who I am, and what my beliefs are.

If anybody wants to know more about specific topics of UM I am glad to share what I know. I am also glad to share what my opinion, for whatever it's worth, on how to deal with a friend or loved one that you would like to see have a more balanced lifestyle.

Thats it.

I for one, thank you for your posts. As rrmoderator said, there are trolls who come around here, so there is a level of suspicion that would perhaps not occur in the 'face to face' world where it's easier to read people and their body language/actions.

I hope you keep posting.

(reason for edit: I wrote about the quote, so amended to try to keep it consistent as per KIK's request!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 07:17AM by HerbertKane178.

Date: June 16, 2012 07:24AM

corboy

• It is for this reason that Serge has taught – ‘comparison is a destroyer of what is already amazing and perfect for you in your life’ – SB. In comparison we want/need what another has we think is better or what would be best for us if we had it. In this, we further bury our own beauty and our own Heaven-ness in favour of what we think we need as opposed to what we already are. The more we want/desire what another has, the further we bury the Glory we are from.

We compare all the time.

Selecting some items for a diet while omitting other items requires a comparison process.

I have never seen this before Corboy. Thanks for sharing. Very Interesting study.

Date: June 16, 2012 08:05AM

knowledge_is_king
Guys on another note, not being petty but can we start getting the quotes right and the copy and pastes and the use of close and open brackets on HTML this topic is tricky enough, but it's actually getting difficult to understand who is quoting who and who is saying what with responses going above and below quotes, people answering within others' quotes, sort it out people, let's agree quote using the quote link, comments below quotes and no changes to quotes within quotation marks, if in doubt use the preview tool.
Peace out

I hear you. It would be good if there was a video tutorial or something on how to use this format better. Tips on correct etiquette and such. I have only worked it out as I have gone along. It's not hard, but some seem to use it better and easier than others

Learned a bit on Richard Dawkins forum, and after a falling out with the moderators and has started up a new forum called Rational Skepticism. Fantastic site also. Covering a wide range of topics that challenge claims of the supernatural and unexplained phenomena.

Any suggestions on where I may go to improve skills on posting would be welcome?

Gibbs

Date: June 16, 2012 09:00AM

Gibbs
knowledge_is_king
Gibbs
There was a 8-10 year old young girl this time and she answered Mom, Dad, happy, friends, etc..

Hey there are a couple of straightforward reasons as to why the American spelling for the abbreviated form of Mother 'Mom' has been used here:

1. Gibbs is American and has used the American form accidentally. Possible.
2. The kid was American and used the American form and Gibbs quoted it in the original form. Pretty unlikely I'd have to say.

So we have a conundrum:

1. Is Gibbs American, if so why is the rest of his writing in Australian style with the occasional mate thrown in and why does he tend to write replies at the same time as everyone else in the Australian time zone.
2. Is the kid American, I don't think so, the probability of the kid appearing at an event is already low, the chance of an American kid appearing when the presentation wasn't in the US lower still, and the improbability is compounded by the fact that an Australian writer would have to be so painstakingly accurate in their retelling to use the child's native tongue as it isn't second nature for an Aussie to say Mom.

So I'm sorry Gibbs but you are American, not that there is anything wrong with that, it just means that to me this presents an inconsistent picture of you as throughout the rest of your writing you appear to be Australian.

When I marry that up with the other inconsistencies already demonstrated by others on this site around the person you present yourself as being, I ask myself: 'who is Gibbs, and why is he here?'

And then it all makes sense... G-I-B-B-S, or should that be: Gee-I-Be-S-B.

Hi Serge, welcome to the discussion board, it was only a matter of time before your ego got the better of you.

My mother is American, I was born in the US and raised here from the age of three. I spell Mom as a habit on her birthday cards emails Mothers day etc..Man tough crowd here.

What has any of this got to do with the topic other than an exposure of who I am which I have said I would like to remain private. If we are going to keep picking away at my identity till you are all satisfied I'm afraid I will need to move on.

From what I have seen there are NO regular students from UM posting here except Rod Harvey. I am not Serge. Creative, but incorrect.

Hey Gibbs, in normal circumstances I wouldn't make such an accusation, but as it is a skeptic's discussion and everyone remains anonymous obviously there are no guarantees that what one declares of one's self is necessarily true, and people naturally categorise them self (and others) through their comments as being skeptic or apologist (I think there are very few who can remain objective).

On the one hand if you say you aren't Serge then you're not. But on the other, if you seem to still be enamoured by Serge and his world-view although not currently a follower then I could be forgiven for thinking this is a deceptive ploy or passing off tactic.

I'd like to think I have made a crystal clear picture of myself through my comments as a skeptic. But the issue, and I think the reason you are finding yourself cross-examined is that we aren't getting that same clear picture from you. It feels like you have a foot on both sides, and to me it feels like the apologist side is the one holding the larger portion of weight.

If an apologist, or even the mighty Serge Benhayon, were on here posing as a skeptic or as a passive observer - don't you think they would also use the same approach?

I'm not saying anyone who has been in Universal Medicine and left and has come on here as a skeptic is trying to dupe us, but in order to remain skeptic or passive, and remain un-apologist you need to stop referencing positively subjective viewpoints on unverifiable acts performed or presented by Serge Benhayon or Universal Medicine.

Otherwise to me - and perhaps others here - you become that which you most resemble, and to me a pro-UMer on this site is representing Serge's flawed belief system and is regurgitating Serge's thoughts as they have none of their own, and therefore, they are Serge Benhayon.

It is imperative that your comments and oppinions expressed on this site marry up with the person you say you are, otherwise it leaves your comments open for misinterpretation, it can paint an unclear picture of you, and if as you say, you are on here to help, then it seems like planting this seed of doubt in the reader's head either willingly or no will undermine your purpose.

Having said that I have also enjoyed reading your posts, some of the information you have provided us including the UM diet document does help illuminate the issue, but for the reasons mentioned above, there has been a limit to the usefulness of the reading.

You're also quite right that this is a bit off-topic, so, having said my piece I will get back to the topic at hand in future posts.

Current Page: 40 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.