Current Page: 38 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 02:23AM

This stood out to me from your posting, Gibbs, and if anyone can add to this I would appreciate it:

"The most convincing entity sessions I witnessed was not like the pairing up. It was two separate times with a bout 6 different people. It was a fair while ago but I remember Serge would select a volunteer from the audience (joking one time about how the person was coached on what to say). Serge would stand at the back of the room while the person sat or stood on the stage. He would then ask the person questions like 'what do you think of when you think of the word Love?" There was a 8-10 year old young girl this time and she answered Mom, Dad, happy, friends, etc.. After several other questions, he would then stop take a moment and announce the entity had entered. You could see the girl become fidgety and distracted with a mischievous grin on her face and Serge would ask the same question 'what do you think of when you think of the word Love?" the first word that came out of her mouth was pain, I cant remember it all in detail but all the words meanings were turned upside down after the entity was reportedly in. I saw grown men speak and express clearly before the possession and during the possession be lost for words and in tears because they simply said they could not feel/express the meaning of the word/s. Serge goes on to say we should not fear entities because they are just like you and me and cannot make us do anything without our permission. They are just lost and on the same path back to God like the rest of us.
Sayings like 'He wasn't himself', I don't know what came over him', 'I've never seen him like that before', ;He was beside himself', are all said to be example of when a person has allowed possession."

As a parent I find it pretty horrific that anyone would allow their child to be a part of this. To me, it appears as a parlor trick, but whatever the validity of it, to subject your child to some form of possession in the interests of illustrating a point seems extremely questionable behavior.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 15, 2012 03:44AM

corboy

(Gibbs)

[forum.culteducation.com]

It's quite possible that Serge really is capable of these amazing powers though, so I'd be keen to see him perform this exercise with a group of the scientists that he frequently claims he would like to debate on such matters. I'm sure they'd be most interested in experiencing this phenomena first hand for themselves, and recording/publishing the
results for the global scientific community to peer review.

This wouldnt impress skeptics but would worry any UM readers whose doubts are daring to stir.

Am sure I will be open to accusations of obsession and nitpicking. However, when doing evidence based research, these are useful qualities.

If I were ever to need heart surgery, Id want the surgeon and nursing team to have those qualities.

Hi Corboy,

I just thought it best to clarify that the above quote you've attributed to Gibbs was actually written by me. In case my (somewhat sarcastic) tone and intention has been misconstrued, this was essentially an open challenge directed to Serge (and by extension those who believe his claims) to step up to the scientific community and prove himself. I should have probably stressed that by 'it's quite possible' I meant there a one in about seven billion chance that what Serge is saying is true, since even though 'he's not special and no different to anyone else', he also claims to be the only person on the planet with access to these 'energetic' abilities and knowledge.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: June 15, 2012 04:34AM

Gibbs

"The most convincing entity sessions I witnessed was not like the pairing up. It was two separate times with a bout 6 different people. It was a fair while ago but I remember Serge would select a volunteer from the audience (joking one time about how the person was coached on what to say). Serge would stand at the back of the room while the person sat or stood on the stage. He would then ask the person questions like 'what do you think of when you think of the word Love?" There was a 8-10 year old young girl this time and she answered Mom, Dad, happy, friends, etc.. After several other questions, he would then stop take a moment and announce the entity had entered. You could see the girl become fidgety and distracted with a mischievous grin on her face and Serge would ask the same question 'what do you think of when you think of the word Love?" the first word that came out of her mouth was pain, I cant remember it all in detail but all the words meanings were turned upside down after the entity was reportedly in. I saw grown men speak and express clearly before the possession and during the possession be lost for words and in tears because they simply said they could not feel/express the meaning of the word/s. Serge goes on to say we should not fear entities because they are just like you and me and cannot make us do anything without our permission. They are just lost and on the same path back to God like the rest of us.
Sayings like 'He wasn't himself', I don't know what came over him', 'I've never seen him like that before', ;He was beside himself', are all said to be example of when a person has allowed possession"

I would think being made an example (even if willingly) by a charismatic leader who claims extraordinary powers, in front of a large audience of believers would add immeasurably to the suggestibility of the subject in this exercise.
Anyone who even halfway believes this stuff before going up on stage is going to be open to psychological
manipulation when assured by Serge that 'the entity has now entered'. Consider also that the very common trait of
fear of public speaking or appearing before a crowd would add to the intensity of the experience. Lastly, the emphasis UM places on digging up long buried hurts and traumas, 'nominating your baggage' for clearing/healing could likely
play into the alleged results in an exercise such as described.

Young children in particular are especially malleable, and if their parents have told them that Serge can put entities in them, rest assured they're going to believe it. I would have to concur with others who have found this particular
testimonial a worrying example of Serge's willingness to psychologically manipulate students. Any parent attending UM
workshops should be allowing children to reach full maturity before they decide for themselves whether to participate
or not.

For their own health and safety, children under 18 cannot legally drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. Why on earth
would a parent allow a child to be manipulated by an 'esoteric' leader into believing they've been possessed by astral
entities? Again, if Serge has the courage of his convictions, then perhaps he should perform this particular exercise in
front of a national news crew and explain it to a broader audience, all the while assuring everyone that he and UM are really nothing to worry about. After all, despite being Da Vinci, Pythagoras, Plato, Alice A. Bailey and others
reincarnated, he's no different from anyone else, everyone can access these powers, etc.

Note: Serge claims that murder, rape, suicide, pedophilia etc are all the result of entities entering and manipulating the perpetrator. How then can he claim that entities have no real power and as such are nothing to worry about? I would like to see him address this contradiction in his belief system while demonstrating this exercise before a news crew.

Posted by: Gibbs ()
Date: June 15, 2012 05:09AM

HerbertKane178
This stood out to me from your posting, Gibbs, and if anyone can add to this I would appreciate it:

Sayings like 'He wasn't himself', I don't know what came over him', 'I've never seen him like that before', ;He was beside himself', are all said to be example of when a person has allowed possession."

As a parent I find it pretty horrific that anyone would allow their child to be a part of this. To me, it appears as a parlor trick, but whatever the validity of it, to subject your child to some form of possession in the interests of illustrating a point seems extremely questionable behavior.

Yes, it would beg further investigation.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: June 15, 2012 09:02AM

corboy
The use of italics in both black and red font is confusing. Very confusing.

Which is why I agree with treefern.

Enough is enough.

Am eager to learn yet more about the food behaviors, especially as treeferm reports that SB gives changing directives as to the diet--surely a way to keep anyone anxious who takes such stuff seriously.

If we can get a rounded and detailed picture of the diet as actually practiced by dedicated UM people, we may gather information here that will assist people to understand that extreme dieting, rather than 'entities' could be an important contributing cause to UM people's sufferings.

Corboy, to be perfectly honest I thought maybe in reply to my joining the blog group my husband had joined and was Gibbs, he assures me he isn't. Why did I think this, well in spite of my husband realizing just how much he had changed into someone our family hardly recognized not only to 'look' at but also his behaviours, my husband still finds it very hard to come to terms with UM being a CULT or that Serge could be anything but loving.

Whilst Gibbs says he has left, to quote a famous line....."me thinks he doth protest too much". Gibbs appears to be telling us you can escape UM, but the underlying story is why would you want to when Serge is so wonderful?

Several months after my husbands joining the group, I wanted to see for myself what it was all about, I wanted to make up my own mind and went to one of the afternoon events at Byron. I sat through the first 30 minutes in disbelief, things really hotted up and after an hour of utter rubbish and listening to Serge denigrate and heap judgemental garbage on so many wonderful people I couldn't take it anymore and left, to have a coffee and cheesecake at the cafe, which helped to cleanse my energy enormously.

Gibbs if you are for real, you too need to have a cup of coffee and a piece of cheesecake it will help you to see what a hold the 'good' Serge still has on you and what utter nonsense you are still talking.

Corboy I would love to help futher with the diet but because of my stand with UM and Serge in particular all the 'members' I know take a step back from me (literally) when I come into contact with them and my husband isn't attending anything to do with the UM group, for the time being at least and that is all I can hope for right now.

It's a bit like AA where we take one day at a time and I don't 'talk about the war' so to speak.

Gibbs we aren't here to hear any more wonderful things about Serge, we've had a gutfull already, we, at least I am here to get and give support, to each other in a similar situation.

By the way my husband has expanded his food groups is looking better and is happier than I have seen him in such a long time. Fingers crossed he will stay this way and keep improving but other UM'rs don't like the thought of someones escape.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: June 15, 2012 10:06AM

Seems to me like a visit from some sort of parenting agency to the parents involved might be a good idea. I can not believe they allowed this happen to their child. I am really shocked by this.

Has this happened more than once? Is it a regular practice?

Gibbs
HerbertKane178

Yes, it would beg further investigation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 10:09AM by HerbertKane178.

Posted by: faiseeee ()
Date: June 15, 2012 11:15AM

godd

Date: June 15, 2012 01:18PM

MacReady Good points. I agree with everything you said.

Note: Serge claims that murder, rape, suicide, pedophilia etc are all the result of entities entering and manipulating the perpetrator. How then can he claim that entities have no real power and as such are nothing to worry about?

This is a good question. From what I know, the entities are given easy entry because of the life choices the individual has made. Bad choices make a hole or entry point into your aura or something.

The entity doesn't control the person as such. It exploits the opportunity given by the individuals bad choices. Essentially they are controlling you or influencing. This is one of the reasons why students become so fanatical regarding alcohol and other drugs.

I really don't know much more than this.

Date: June 15, 2012 01:27PM

Seems to me like a visit from some sort of parenting agency to the parents involved might be a good idea. I can not believe they allowed this happen to their child. I am really shocked by this.

Has this happened more than once? Is it a regular practice?

HerbertKane178

I don't know if Serge does this anymore. This was about 4-5 years ago. I remember one of the students saying Serge didn't like doing it because people just focused on the 'wow' factor and missed the whole purpose behind the exercise.

Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: June 15, 2012 02:55PM

Hi Herbert, I totally agree with you, I am incredulous that someone is allowed to subject a child to this .Surely this should be game,set and match for our tennis coach !!! -Eric

Current Page: 38 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.