Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: December 14, 2012 10:22PM

There's a good report on how the conference went on Venus's blog. Seems it was rather short on speakers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: December 15, 2012 10:55AM

Hey guys

Has anyone heard of anyone leaving UM since all the hardwork of say Venus and ConcernedPartner etc. Is the forum and blog working???

I certainly hope so

Posted by: interestedfriend ()
Date: December 15, 2012 01:30PM

HerbertKane178
There's a good report on how the conference went on Venus's blog. Seems it was rather short on speakers.

There is a very interesting article in this weekend's "Good Weekend" on guru Thierry Tilley who wreaked havoc on an unsuspecting family in France. Well worth a read.

I have been following this site for about one year, my interest was sparked when a dear friend of mine left her marriage and started to talk about things I did not understand. So I found out as much as I could about UM so that I would understand what was happening with my friend and what would cause the many changes she has made, diet, lifestyle etc.

This site has been very informative and I applaud all the hard work put in by VD, CP and all the contributors. Thank you.

Date: December 15, 2012 02:08PM

lifetruetome
Hey guys

Has anyone heard of anyone leaving UM since all the hardwork of say Venus and ConcernedPartner etc. Is the forum and blog working???

I certainly hope so

Yes, they are leaving. A few cult counsel ling services in the area and elsewhere are picking up members on the way out. I am also aware of several that have now left of their own accord. Some were deep in. ( Serge "I am surprised that anyone leaving the group would need exit counseling")

I think a lot that were on the edge have stopped going, and naturally the recruitment is down.

I would love to claim all of that, but it is actually Herbert that started this thread, Macready that fed in info, KIK that hammered it home, TF and Rockbiter that told the truth of what was going on, John Lazarus and Eric Dobbs that highlighted issues and reinforced what we already knew and plenty of others that added their voices. I was a late comer and glad to find the thread. So thanks to all those people.

Interestingly, and in light of the recent attempt by the cult to quieten our voices via the misguided RMRC advocacy group, it it weren't for the internet and the right to free speech, none of us would have communicated. There would be no alternative information on UM for other worried families (and we know there are hundreds. We get the private messages and emails, plus we all know people in the real world who are silent but affected)

I would agree with the aim of RMRC that people should not be bullied or harassed. But where they are going wrong is interpreting alternative views to their as that. This is where the psychological dissonance comes in (and I find it bemusing that there are psychologists in the group. What do they teach them at Uni these days? I recognized Serge's megalomaniac tendencies on his "all about me" page on the now toned down site. Word to the wise, dont use those guys if you have a problem!)

A good example is from Victoria Listers blog:

Thus we were introduced to Millikan on the night in question at our regular community centre meeting space. Initially delighted someone was actually prepared to seek our views (rather than manufacture sensationalist material for the media) imagine our horror when, after our guest was introduced, he rounded on the audience and told us, amongst other things, that in his view, we were in a cult after all.

That's right Victoria, you are in a cult and it should be horrifying. But you so believe you are not, that you put it on your business site and clearly show that dissonance of which I speak. You were delighted till the moment you heard something that you didnt want to hear. Plain and Simple.

David Millikan is not a 'self-professed' expert. As far as there are any, he is one of a few in Australia. He has been dealing with cults and personalities like Serge for 30 years. As he told you at the meeting, he has advised the government on it, been an expert witness, been around cults and members for years. He knows one when he see's it. He is more of an expert than say....you at registering charities for which you have been qualified for about 24 months to do. (just in time to help Serge make his large scale donation soliciting legit- another scam to be investigated)

Victoria is suffering from the same issue as Sarah and the cult members at large. They don't understand what a cult is (even though they have just had two weekends in a row where they are at cult meetings!) and they think it is more likely Serge is the messiah than a deluded megalomaniac ex-bankrupt who dreamed up a big scam and then believed his own BS. They then think that if someone tries to tell them otherwise, they are abusive. If it happens over the internet, they are a troll and a cyber-bully.

I say thank God for the internet. We have saved a lot of people a lot of pain. It helped us all meet and get together so we could talk about the pain that this man has put has through and how it has split up our families. I for one feel abused every time one of them on their blogs trivializes the demise of a family as a few angry men. The internet, used rightly is the laymans tool for undoing wrongs and letting others know what you already know.

There are people that get on FB and other sites and hassle people. There are people who write terrible invectives against people ( say Kyla's blog on their siteKyla's Hate Blog) but we haven't been guilty of any of that. We have on the whole constructed lucid arguments deconstructing UM and Serge's manipulations. We have never aimed anything at any cult member personally. We have commented when they have commented. We have never attacked them personally.

Perhaps they don't like the truth about Serge, which is why they have their ironically named blog, "The truth about Serge Benhayon" and mistake the truth for attacks on them. I think that is actually the case, which is summed up in Victoria's little moment of shock/horror! Don't tell me the truth!

Is there any point reminding them they dont know squat about Serge? And when they have found things out they have stuck their fingers in the collective ears and held their breaths? Or that some things are so obvious that a child could figure it out. And that some of those things are reprehensible and just a little sickening? I guess not, they are all suffering from shared confirmation bias and the illusion that Serge has wrapped around their heads, they refuse to see it so much they are prepared to lobby to keep it in place. I guess those Lords of Form are good at keeping the illusion going somewhere. But the 'reality' is there is only one of them, he is short, half starved, delusional and now very well heeled. Yep. his name is Sergio Benhayon, master of the universe.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: December 15, 2012 09:45PM

Don't forget Corboy's tireless research and huge knowledge of all things cult related, CP. Has certainly given me an education in how these things work.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 15, 2012 10:17PM

Just want to mention this about myself.

I have nothing to gain, financially, PR wise, or in any other way, now or in the future, from what I have written here on this topic.

UM never did me any harm. My interest was that of solving puzzles and helping new members learn to use this message board.

That is all. I have no plans to look for fame or futune.

I hope this can be said for all of us - now--and when looking back at this situation years from now, after the dust has settled.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: December 16, 2012 08:21AM

HerbertKane178
Don't forget Corboy's tireless research and huge knowledge of all things cult related, CP. Has certainly given me an education in how these things work.

Herbert you must certainly be the Don Chipp of this site......there to keep the 'bastards honest'.

Yes corboy, I once read on the site that you are in the US, so your input isn't personal but purely helpful and has given me huge amounts of information about CULTs in general and the workings of them in the world. Thank you.

What you made me see was just how many "Ones" there are actually, dragging in very desperate and vunerable people for the soul purpose of their own personal Ego.

It would appear that our personal "One", as in Serge Benhayon also has millions of other reasons other than his inflated or maybe after the RMRC fiasco..deflated ego to gain by his deceptions?

Date: December 18, 2012 04:25AM

HerbertKane178

Hi Herb, that goes without saying. It is axiomatic. Corboy has been the glue that's stuck it together at times, and the signposts when we were wandering. There's certainly no fame to be gained in that job, but the input is greatly appreciated.

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: December 19, 2012 10:41AM

With Serge and his students it seems to always be "us" the loving gentle ones against "them" the ones that don't have it right that aren't loving in the right way:

A recent post from a UM student

"Unlike the yoga classes that are all about postures and breath, Esoteric yoga allows you the time and space to connect to your body and be still."

I am sorry but what is this person thinking. Every yoga class I have ever been to is about connecting to my body and being still. Yoga is the stilling of the whirlpools of the mind. Its not rocket science and the postures and breath are just a means to an end. Ahhh the frustration of UM, Serge and his students thinking that they are above and beyond the rest of us.

Posted by: treefern ()
Date: December 20, 2012 01:35PM

Received a text this morning from an ex-UMer. (yes it does happen and with even more frequency these days I hear) I would like to share it with you;

Have you seen the new UM format?
Looks like "the One" is trying (ha!) to make UM
more legit?
Bit too coincidental for me in light of the RMRC lies.
SB taught us to be "honest".
Think HE must just be a slow learner!

I'm afraid I don't waste my time on the UM site, so I can't reply to that question, as for the honesty bit, I'm still laughing.
I can always count on UM news to give me a huge, hearty and healthy dose of laughter+

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.