Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:40PM

And thanks John Lazarus, as a woman I find your responses to Rod's post very fair.

I might add that the difficulties in relationships between the sexes are another loaded and difficult area Serge extravagantly exploits. Knowing its a source of tension and division within society, Serge is working it to enhance his recruitment - nothing more.

If he was an authentic healer and if Rod Harvey had a brain cell, they'd be working to challenge and overcome archaic gender stereotypes, rather than using them for their own profit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: treefern ()
Date: October 19, 2012 06:21AM

Without a doubt there are sections of society that treat women as "second class citizens", I wholeheartedly agree.

What kind of a man then, would refer to his FEMALE "students" who are "doing the work" as members of the B-R-O-T-H-E-R-H-O-O-D?

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:35PM

Date: October 21, 2012 04:19PM

by Nina Stabey, BcHSci, Goonellabah, Australia

"Friday 12 October, 2012 was my first exposure to the antics of Rev. Dr. David Millikan live.

He had asked to come on stage at a public gathering at the Lennox Head Community Centre in Northern NSW and speak to the 150 individuals who were there to listen to a presentation on Esoteric Medicine by Serge Benhayon. Unfortunately, this presentation was hijacked and did not take place. Instead we were all subject to the unscrupulous, skewed and manipulative ways of Rev. Dr. David Millikan.

Millikan needs to get his facts straight!

His accusations:

Universal Medicine is a cult:
by his own very words, “They (cults) are extreme in the demands they place on people in terms of their time, their money and their social life.” (Television interview, 2004).

TRUTH – there are ABSOLUTELY NO demands placed on any person by Universal Medicine in regards to:

- Attendance at presentations or workshops: all are welcome to come and go as they
please.

- Financial obligations: there is no joining fee, no membership fee, no pressure to ‘buy’ a seat to attend presentations.

- Social requirements: there are no rules or regulations as to who can come, all are welcome and there are NO verbal or written rules about how to conduct one’s life."

That's drawing a long bow Nina, bachelor of science, Goonellebah.

Attendance is now vetted by practitioners for EDG's- you have to recommended. You are asked at the door why you are there, and who referred you.

There are a myriad of social requirements- speaking the same phrases, eating certain foods and conducting yourself in a certain way. ( livingness I think you call it) We know of people who have been ejected from houses full of other esoteric students because they questioned the social expectations and rituals of UM. Even gathering in houses together ( around Goonellebah perhaps) is a socialization around the group. Serge, in his usual style of offering false choices, doesn't insist you attend or pay his fees, but it is clearly structured so you will. Moreover because he always offering a new level, a new insight, and has offered himself as the world teacher, it is axiomatic that you will attend and pay up. Especially if you want that next life to be 'clear' and karma free.

You guys must sit around for hours trying to work out arguments of denial because the truth scares you. David Milliken, unlike Serge has nothing to gain from crashing your event to tell you what he knows, after being intro'd by Serge himself as the foremost expert on cults. Sure, he is doing a TV show...about cults! They wouldn't spend the money if they didn't know for sure, it is a cult and that Serge is a cult leader. But you already know that. After all you are sitting around in houses together with cult symbols around your necks, burning candles on blobs, with pictures of Serge on the wall, sipping fiery garlic and chilli laden soups, with blue books beside you, repeating your 'word', and getting ready for another early night in your bed...alone.

Denial is a powerful force there is no doubt. Eat your words indeed Nina.

Date: October 22, 2012 06:56AM

Jane Keep October 21, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Great words and points Nina, thank you. It does seem as if the likes of David Millikan are not only resisting the fact that there is actually something else here to be felt in the ‘story’ about Serge Benhayon – something that deep down he and his ‘followers’ (e.g. those who came along with hidden cameras) are all actually looking for – which is love, and secondly, that David Millikan is trying (knowingly or unknowingly) to put doubt in those of us who know truth and feel the power of love as we grow stronger, because we are making a difference. I know which I choose – love, and truth, and the more people like David Millikan act in the way he did, by way of reflection, the more deeply I feel the truth of love, and the truth of Universal Medicine.

This is a good summary of the mindset of the cult members. Like all cult members, they believe that their missions is divine, and the true way and that those that criticism it not only do so for dark motives, but by doing so they prove the efficacy of that mission.

Serge, though not at all unique in doing so, has set that mechanism in play within his doctrine " those that resist the truth do so because it has touched them" and created a feed-back loop which contains critical thinking. For truly committed followers, the more that is said about UM and the more Serge is discredited, the more they force themselves to believe that they are on justified in their beliefs.

The contradictions, inconsistencies, lack of integrity, lies, deceptions and misconduct that is glaringly obvious to them is not noticed because they think they are looking into the light and they miss all the shadows around them.

As an aside, yesterday I imagine for 10 minutes that Serge was right. I convinced myself that his past was irrelevant and that his dodgy business practices and unseemly relationships were not my concern. I decided to adopt the posture of someone who believes they are looking into that light. Strangely within 10 minutes I could see the mindset extremely well. Once you have decided it is LOVE and that everything else and everyone else is trying to stop you feeling that, the world does seem different. Of course I have already felt this with other beliefs and cults in the past so I realize it is a mental self-deception and nothing else.

However, some religions and philosophies offer a path to development. What I find most disturbing about Serge and Universal Medicine is that it does not. It offers an IDEA -which is simply another construct of the mind- but nowhere are there self empowering practices that allow the so-called student to grow, blossom and find their own way. That is why, Jane and co, we know it is a cult. Because it is ALL about UM, Serge and a dependency on him for (fallacious and conveniently labelled) 'energetic truths' and the pursuit of fictitious states of being, enforced by an ultra-exclusive doctrine.

Jane, there is no truth and no wisdom in Universal Medicine. That you seek it is not in doubt, but sometimes the path leads places you don't expect. I am sure all of you hunkered down in UM with years of investment cannot bear the small thought that must be growing inside of you, given the strident defense, that UM may be wrong. But sometimes it is easier to admit error and to preserve what you have left for yourself rather than in service of something that leads nowhere.

You all now seem to agree it is a religion. That still does not make it a truth; in fact, even less so. Buddha cautioned followers to be wary of guru's and to vet them well. He knew that people cannot resist adulation, and that it is adulation that most guru's actually seek. With Serge that is monumentally evident as his claims have grown over the last few years.

In modern times Joddhi Krishnamurthi, hand picked by Theosophists to lead the 'new era"- a vision much like Serge's; an invention of their collective minds- gave this opening at his inaugural speech in 1929. Much to their surprise.

"I maintain that truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others "

The path to TRUTH does not exist. As soon as you hear someone say that, you need to take your leave fast. And when one man makes out that he is the way to truth, you know you are dealing with the opposite. Maybe Serge believes half of the stuff he goes on with, maybe not. It doesn't matter. It is his construct, borrowed, created, dreamed up. And he is enforcing it on YOU. You are giving up your lives in service to another mans ideas, nothing else.

The truth, your truth, cosmic truth, is free and contained within you all. You just have to be prepared to let go of your cherished beliefs, ideas and constructs. How do you know you have them and that they are controlling you? You keep needing to defend them. The world has enough people doing the same and look at the problems it causes. Letting go of constructed ideas is a first hard, but then it is liberating. It doesn't mean you can't believe or know life is wonderful, it simply means you can see it from an unreconstructed vantage point, maybe like you did when you were a child, and then you can truly see how crazy your former beliefs were and how much time you wasted defending them. Strangely, and despite what you think, life become fresh and full of love and possibility.

It's a small unorganized group. We don't have a leader and we don't have a charter or a book of ideas. But you're welcome to join us. It's free and there's no meeting to attend except life itself.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: October 22, 2012 02:12PM

Nice work CP.

Notice the use of the words 'feel' and 'feeling' the truth. Of course they have to feel for Serge's truth because he's so savagely impaired their ability to think.

I wonder what it takes for them to 'feel' the truth of having their ovaries palpated and their sexual histories scrutinized in the name of 'love', or being told their bodies and particularly their breasts are repositories for trauma induced toxicity from lord knows how many previous incarnations. How must that feel?

By the way, if anyone is in the loop with UM students, have they been told in the last couple of days to avoid the internet? I imagine they've been told it's extra PRANIC! :-O at the moment, and will cause them cancer or something. It seems some have felt the truth a little too strongly lately.

Let us know, ta.

Date: October 24, 2012 04:18AM

There is an endless source of fascinating material in the EDG notes. This is again a recent one, where Serge is declared the world teacher.

"All Serge’s numbers represent the Plan and the New Era
The Lord Matreya would know that the person representing the New Era would have to have 4 to represent the flow of life, a 3 to bring light , to teach the difference between Fire and Prana,
They would also need an 8 to represent the Soul, 2 to bring a new beginning and 6 to bring the love.
So the year before Serge became 35`( they knew he would need some time to be re-awakened)
which was 1999, so no coincidence it was the year before the year 2000.
All the dates of Serge’s birth are so strong that the Astral Plane can’t fight it.
It shows how precise our brothers are to help us belong to The Plan. Everything has a purpose to help and support us. When we begin to understand this we will no longer want to deny the truth.
The Pranic number is for us to learn something this life time that we are still not choosing to see. You have to decide if your number represents something you are here to learn, or the Fiery version to bring through the qualities of that number and what they represent.
Summary of the Numerology
The plan is to serve under the qualities of that number
We can use the numbers to help prepare us to become part of the plan
To help us not make mistakes in Prana so that we can serve the Second coming"

It is amazing how the students ( as they like to be known) can spend all their time on blogs slapping each others back and congratulating each other on insightful and lovely posts, which all avoid speaking about the true nature of UM and their true belief systems. I would be very impressed if just one of them came out and told it as they believe it. That would be TRUTH.

I also have to comment on this, from their wordsonsergebenhayon ( we are not a cult) blog comment policy:

"Whatever criticisms are there to be expressed can be delivered without reaction and aggression. Since when did ‘freedom of speech’ become a right to freely and anonymously abuse others? A society that allows this is not a free society, it is a society that is held hostage to cowards who troll sites and digitally pillage with no accountability. We don’t play ball with that. We ask for people to engage but to engage responsibly. Your considered contributions are valued and appreciated"

Firstly, you cant post on their blogs. It is exclusively for members who are towing the line. Secondly, they mostly ignore their own policy and are full or reactions criticisms and often aggression. We know of at least one post that is very aggressive and has the approval of many of the members.

and then this:

The Doors are Always Open
— October 20, 2012

by Nicole Twist, Newrybar, Australia

I don’t know much about cults, but the little I do know is that there is an expectation of allegiance – surrender to the cult leader and to the doctrines of the cult and if you do not tow the line, there are what I would expect to be unpleasant consequences, punishment or even banishment.

Well, Universal Medicine is not a very good cult then, because the ‘doctrines’ presented are about developing love and truth in your own life, at your own pace and in your own way from listening to yourself and no one else.

At various points I have resisted listening to and developing this for myself, sometimes acting in a way that is completely opposite to love and what I know to be the truth within my own being; sometimes as a result, I will express harsh and unloving words and actions which effect my family and friends as well as myself.

Even though I do this, and sometimes this is on a day to day basis, the doors are still open for me to attend the presentations and talks and workshops. The doors are open and there is no judgment, no feeling of ‘oh, what a bad person you must be as you haven’t followed the teachings’ – no punishment or ‘consequence’.

Instead I have received total understanding and support from those who have committed their own lives to developing a deep understanding of love and the human condition, and simply remain open to share from their own experience.

A sort of typical post about how UM is not a cult, because they don't understand what a cult is, yet contained within the post is the admission of the conversion and the cult nature of the group. Interesting, and obvious to anyone not in the group.

UM is not about developing your own truths. It is about having your reality replaced with Serge's, conformity to his rules about food, music and relationships- Something he was insisting on before his 35th Birthday by the way. Cults aren't about walls and whips, chanting and robes. It is about slowly removing your capacity for critical thinking and replacing it with 'feelings', and then replacing your social connections with those of the group. This is described above, as it is in many posts. The members of the UM cult believe because they are now surrounded by like 'feeling' people, that they have found truth, and it is not a cult, when in fact, that is exactly what a cult is and does. Nicole, typically, even uses the UM phrases and terms plucked from the group-speak lexicon apparently with no awareness of doing so.

Information for non members only. I am certain those swimming in the bliss of the group love in have no idea what I am talking about, except that it is "resistant to the truth"

("resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth"resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth""resistant to the truth")

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:08AM

The doors are always open (but the windows may well be blacked out)...

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: October 24, 2012 03:49PM

COncerned Partner

The Doors are Always Open
— October 20, 2012

by Nicole Twist, Newrybar, Australia

I don’t know much about cults, but the little I do know is that there is an expectation of allegiance – surrender to the cult leader and to the doctrines of the cult and if you do not tow the line, there are what I would expect to be unpleasant consequences, punishment or even banishment.

Well, Universal Medicine is not a very good cult then, because the ‘doctrines’ presented are about developing love and truth in your own life, at your own pace and in your own way from listening to yourself and no one else.

At various points I have resisted listening to and developing this for myself, sometimes acting in a way that is completely opposite to love and what I know to be the truth within my own being; sometimes as a result, I will express harsh and unloving words and actions which effect my family and friends as well as myself.

Even though I do this, and sometimes this is on a day to day basis, the doors are still open for me to attend the presentations and talks and workshops. The doors are open and there is no judgment, no feeling of ‘oh, what a bad person you must be as you haven’t followed the teachings’ – no punishment or ‘consequence’.

Instead I have received total understanding and support from those who have committed their own lives to developing a deep understanding of love and the human condition, and simply remain open to share from their own experience.

" The doors are open and there is no judgment, no feeling of ‘oh, what a bad person you must be as you haven’t followed the teachings’ – no punishment or ‘consequence’

UM students pass judgment on themselves for not following the teachings strictly enough. There's no need for Serge to do it. Once they accept his claim of being an ascended master incarnate he is automatically elevated to demi-god status in their minds, so anytime they fall short according to his 'Livingness' criteria they psychologically punish themselves, and the only way to pay penance is to ''commit to themselves" (er, UM) more.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: October 24, 2012 08:28PM

[www.frome.towntalk.co.uk]

Aussie Cult Leader Visits Frome

An alleged Australian cult leader and former bankrupt tennis coach, who claims to be the reincarnation of Leonardo da Vinci, Pythagoras and Alice A Bailey visits Frome for a series of courses and lecture in November.

An alleged Australian cult leader, Serge Benhayon who operates out of the Lighthouse building in Frome, Somerset is visiting for a sold out lecture tour in November. Mr. Benhayon, a former bankrupt tennis coach, started his group Universal Medicine in 1999 after a 'spiritual awakening' while on the toilet.

His group teaches its mainly woman followers to make 'loving choices' which includes avoiding gluten, dairy, alcohol, strenuous exercise, music and even sex.

The group offers treatments such as "Esoteric Breast Massage", "Esoteric Uterus Massage" and "Chakra-puncture" treatments, which has captured the attention of the mainstream media in Australia, with stories appearing in News Ltd and Fairfax publications and on tabloid television programs. Many of the treatments are available at the Lighthouse and from 'practitioners' in London and as far afield as Germany and Norway.

Critics of the group, which include disaffected families including husbands, partners, siblings and parents claim that the group is actually a cult and that members change their behaviour radically to conform to the doctrine of Universal Medicine. One Australian husband, whose wife is said to have spent $70,000 AUD on courses and treatments over 5 years says that his wife became incapable of making decisions for herself, and was addicted to his courses and treatments. "Serge claims that they are free to make choices and he simply presents an alternative way of living, when in fact, they are dependent on him to tell them what is 'energetically true" or not"

The group was recently forced to withdraw a range of herbal supplements from the Australian market after an investigation by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (Aust) found that the products made false claims. The Health Complaints Commission is also investigating allegations that "Universal Medicine can cure or reduce the incidence of cancer"

Mr Benhayon teaches that cancers and ills are the result of 'past lives', 'karma' and 'evil spirits' and it has been alleged that people seeking treatments with Universal Medicine in Australia and the UK have avoided seeking medical treatment as a result of advice given by Universal Medicine practitioners.

A former cult member explains that the group is taught the world is either 'pranic' or 'fiery' and that Mr. Benhayon is a master sent by 'Lord Matreya' to see in the 'new-era' which commenced this year. The followers or students are taught to avoid pranic food, exercise, music and relationships in order to clear themselves for better future incarnations and to elevate the world from its 'astral' stage. "It's about making correct energetic choices, which he calls energetic integrity. However only Serge knows what is energetically correct or not so students become dependent on him and the group for their every decision."

A cult expert who has been looking into the group in Australia, and counselling ex-members explains. " Universal Medicine is a typical paternalistic cult. It is difficult for people to know they or a member of their family is in a cult because very few people have experience of what one is. In Universal Medicines case, the students believe they are learning 'energetic' healing, when in fact they are being taught Serge's doctrine. Over time and through subtle thought reform methodology, they become dependent on Serge and the group as their worldview alters radically. A feature of Universal Medicine is a focus on elevating the feminine and emasculating men, which tends to amplify natural gender differences which seems to be resulting in extremely high relationship failure rates. We are counselling quite a number of men whose partners have left them for the cult, and a number of woman who are now recovering"

Mr Benhayon has denied being involved in relationship breakdowns when questioned by Australian reporters. However at a recent retreat in the UK he spoke of leaving ‘pranic relatiionships’ and is known to have emailed students advising them that their partners are ‘holding them back from their glory” and “not in-truth.”

48 year old Mr Benhayon is married to a woman 18 years his junior who he first met as her tennis coach when 13 years of age. His ex-wife Deborah and his their children are all involved in the group, while his eldest daughter Simone heads up the UK operations and is said by Mr Benhayon in a recent interview to be the reincarnation of Winston Churchill.

The group is thought to making around $5M AUD a year from selling courses and is known to have collected at least £1M in donations for renovations to the Lighthouse. A recently established “Universal Medicine charity” in Australia is asking for $1million in donations to build a healing centre close to Mr Benhayon's Australian clinic and headquarters at Alstonville, in Northern NSW.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.