Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: Jasmin ()
Date: September 17, 2012 12:29AM

Universal Medicine comes over from the United Kingdom to Germany (Cologne and surroundings for example- I´m sure elsewhere, too)
In the U.K. there is the so called “Lighthouse”, in Summerset. There Serge and the other practitioners give their courses and “treatments”.
Back in Germany the students, that mostly seem to be alternative practitioners and musicians, give their own lessons in their own practitioners- rooms. They change their names to “esoteric healing- practitioners” (“Esoterisch Heilen” /it’s the real Name in german, hope I ´m allowed to mention this then)
They also invite Universal Medicine practitioners from England and Australia to spread Serge Benhayons “messages” here in Germany. In their own rooms or in rooms they rent. That´s what was done for Chris James, too.
On his website you can find the dates and locations…but if you go to this site, remember: you give your clicks to that site. That would be a present for him.

The practitioners even just invite to listen to readings of his books. And they sell Benahyons products.
Very interesting is that they even have changed the look of their business cards. They have a design that puts more “fiery energy” to it, they say. Guess who designed those cards then….

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 17, 2012 04:27AM

VenusDarkly
I thought I’d post on Serge’s astrology and his current transits coinciding with the increase in public scrutiny.

Please note that the astrologers at the astro.com thread are much more advanced than me and have done an amazing analysis of his chart. I just thought I’d write up a simple layperson friendly version for the benefit of those reading here, focusing on just a few points. Then I’m going over there to see if they’ll be my friends. :)

Also, I’ll be perfectly transparent and say I’m posting on astrology here because I know some of Serge’s followers are reading, and for those who follow astrology the interpretation below is impossible to ignore. You can only spin astrology so much. Also they’ll be able to see the effects of it in his recent behaviour and physical appearance.

To me Serge’s chart makes a lot of sense. Astro charts don’t spell out someone’s destiny, more a blueprint of the kinds of patterns they may fall into. How they use the energies of their chart is up to their free will (or pathology).

First, on his natal chart – his personality blueprint, his Aries Sun (conscious self expression) is in the first house of selfhood, identity, outward appearance, leadership and personal motivation. Aries has similar qualities to the first house and is a fire sign, which makes him passionate but can also readily cross over into impulsiveness and aggression. Close to Mars (male principle, mode of action or attack) equates with leadership qualities and extraversion, but can shift easily into egoism and aggression. His Mars (male principle, action, attack) is in Pisces, which can manifest positively as compassionate action, or negatively as dishonesty, trickiness and confused behaviour.

I’m particularly interested in his Moon and Venus aspects, which signify his dealings and attitudes to women, motherhood, relationships and his unconscious mind. Basically, his Venus (female principle, relating) is in a challenging opposition to Neptune (spirituality, altered states of consciousness, dreaming, compassion, illusion, delusion). So at best he’ll have compassion for women, but he’s at risk of deifying and idealizing women and relationships to the point of delusion and deliberate spiritual deception. Hello.

His Moon (unconscious processes, emotions, instinct, the mother archetype) in Virgo (which can be nurturing, but is also prone to being puritanical and controlling) is joined with Pluto (profound transformation, death & rebirth, power relationships), which can make him hyperintuitive and intensely emotional, but also prone to emotionally blackmailing others, invading and exposing other’s privacy or psychic boundaries and obsessed with either his own mother or motherhood issues (ahem, breasts). His Moon, Pluto & Uranus are located in the 6th house of bodily issues, health, diet and everyday routines. So we have either an intense interest in health & healing/diet etc., or obsessional power plays in that area. All of which is in a challenging, oppositional aspect to Chiron, the archetype of the wounded healer.

In terms of his current astrological transits, Serge would be feeling the crunch, and I feel this bears out with the increase in public scrutiny over the last six months – including from the folk here on this thread. The current astrological transits have been building for Serge for about the time since Herb started this thread.

This coming week, two powerful slow moving planets, Pluto and Uranus will form an exact square. The Uranus Pluto square is the major astro transit of the current era, it’s been going on for a while and we’ll continue to feel the effects until 2016. Astrologers will tell you this transit is a major factor in the intense geopolitical events of recent times. On the upside, the transit can work for those who live with integrity and are willing to grasp the momentum to expedite positive evolution in their lives, however, it is a critical challenge to those operating without integrity or clinging to redundant or fanciful paradigms. Hence the ructions about poor governance the world over, and the instability in the global financial system. Plus the recent pressure on Serge to account for himself and his barmy medicine. Trust me, he will be feeling this transit intensely, because transitting Uranus (sudden change) at 7 degrees of Aries is conjunct his natal Sun (self expression, leadership, outward appearance) at 5 degrees of Aries, both of which are being squared (challenged) by Pluto (profound transformation, power struggles) currently at 6 degrees of Capricorn.

Pluto is also in (challenging) opposition to his 6 degrees Cancer north node (karmic purpose), exact as I write. While Saturn (discipline, structure), currently opposite his Jupiter (expansion, megalomania) is telling him in no uncertain terms to pull his head in. Hence the increased public scrutiny and pressure building on him to prove his accountability, as well as the paranoid scrambling, PR blitzing and damage control on his part. It’s in the stars, and if he’d behaved ethically, he wouldn’t be copping such a hammering. These transits would be challenging for anyone, but they’re much more exposing and difficult to deal with if you are ethically compromised or corrupt.

Hi VenusDarkly

I take from that that Serge is in for some trouble due to his lack of integrity, otherwise it went right over my head.
I don't think any of the followers are interested in astrology as Serge, like everything, has discounted it as coming from the wrong energy.

He has however created 'esoteric astrology' which gives him a license to make it up.
For example, on his New Era message he talks at length about Aquarius as a water sign, and how water is significant due to [some utter nonsense] that goes on for about 10 minutes.
No one seems to care Aquarius is an air sign. Like most things, he clearly knows very little and makes up the rest and calls it 'energetically correct'

Frankly, I think you will find the minds of the students are not given to the subtleties of argument on any topic.
I think you are right on track with the effects of diet and the psychological damage of this system of training and doctrines, because they are profound and obvious to non members (otherwise known variously as the 'detractors/abusers/loveless - use as required) and one hopes, perhaps to members if it is 'presented' to them enough.

cheers CP

Date: September 17, 2012 05:03AM

MacReady
More coverage via Doubtful Newsblog:

[doubtfulnews.com]

Some UM defenders have posted comments, including this from Michael Duxon:

"This story has been in the press regularly for months now and the media continues to print lies, inacuracies and a slant on this story which seems intent on discrediting Serge Benhayon and the work of universal medicine.What does it matter that there is no scientific ‘proof’ for these techniques? Are we to sit back and wait to be told what we can believe in or maybe we can experience and know this for ourselves as thousands of people have done, creating a living evidence which can be easily researched and read via a google search.

If this was a cult or an organization with suspicious behavior and dubious methods then you would indeed expect it to keep its head down to fly über the radar but quite the opposite is happening with many feeling the need to speak out for the truth of what is happening here".

Well, the UM faithful may be 'speaking out', but they're doing so in a very selective fashion. While they seem eager to wax lyrically about Serge's infallible integrity (each person writing in an interchangeable, pre-programmed style betraying a complete loss of individual expression), they all, without fail, avoid any detailed description of the true belief system at the 'inner-heart' of UM. This systemic, concerted pattern of deception illustrates that UM is attempting to avoid unwanted attention by keeping the true nature of the organization 'under the radar'.

Moreover, Serge himself is doing his best to avoid any serious disclosure of the true belief mechanisms driving his cult empire. Instead, he has retracted or obfuscated some of his ludicrous claims, edited his website in an attempt to downplay some of the more cultish elements, and left the followers to fight his PR battle for him.

Hi MacReady, thanks for taking the time to go through those students posts and highlight what is going on.

It is worth noting what is happening with the student posts. They are not going up at whim. They are being vetted, edited, rejected, classified in a serious effort to control what is appearing on the internet. The information you can Google is information they want seen and they think proves their arguments that they are not in a cult and Serge is a good guy extraordinaire.

From a recent email to the students:

Please take the time to read it if you are planning to submit an article to the blogs and keep this email as a reference. And please submit directly to the master gmail account as specified for each Blog below....Don't alienate by using lingo with no attempt to actually connect. This lack of connection is a big part of the reason why so many detractors have such animosity towards Serge and UM -- because as students we haven't met them with love and consideration -- often they have been met with arrogance and jargon and an 'us-vs-them', or a 'they're-so-pranic' approach to life....Also consider that if you are self-critical when you write about past choices and behaviours, you are inadvertently criticising anyone else in the world that has made or is making similar choices. When you write about your past write it with the love and the tenderness you and everyone else deserve....
Please understand that the volunteers are doing an amazing amount of work behind the scenes to read, allocate, proof read and post your submissions. It is not uncommon for small edits to be made to writing. We edit in the interests of clarity and readability. We will never change the meaning of your sentences and we will work with you if we have trouble understanding something you have written and feel you could express it more clearly. Your patience and understanding that is is a big learning for us all is appreciated in this process. We also welcome your feedback on how we approach this process.

In some cases the submissions we receive have a lot of great themes but require further clarity for those themes to be clearly communicated. If you are not a confident writer there are people who can help you with the process.

So, we are not talking about a free exchange of ideas based on what the 'student' feels but a carefully crafted release of edited material onto the blogs, which probably accounts in part for their similarities.
However, it is a useless exercise because as we all know, the blogs look exactly like the work of people in a cult, defending their ideology mindlessly ( literally if they are good students) as Serge is exposed by the media for the liar and manipulator that he is. So in fact, all their handiwork supports what we and the non group members already know. As I keep saying, silence would be their best friends, although I guess that might look weird too. When you're in a cult you're really between a rock and a hard place!

I want to comment on the line Michael used above: What does it matter that there is no scientific ‘proof’ for these techniques?

Well of course it matters completely, especially when people are making health, parenting, emotional, relationship and life decisions based on it.
What we are talking about is people blindly believing the ideas of a man with no training, no therapeutic background, no specific education on the topics he claims to have absolute knowledge.

I think for non members, besides the head trap their family member is in, this a VERY alarming aspect of the group. Certainly I was quietly worried about it over a number of years and when I understood how extensive the tendrils of his stupidity were and how it had become axiomatic in decision making, I realized it was a very pernicious and counter productive force.

The notion that Michael thinks it doesn't need proving points to the crux of why these guys are listening to Serge's nonsense and thinking it makes sense. Basically, they don't want to work things out for themselves. Serge hands them a set of instructions and it is very black and white. For the first time in their lives, once they give in to it, they are doubt free. A very quiet place. Cognitive inquiry takes work and there are many shades of grey. You have to form working theories, then abandon them if they dont stand up. In UM world, no such requirement exists for Serge or the followers; he just utters some nonsense, they write it down, and voila! it is truth.
This is more or less how society operated for a few millennium resulting in a very poor existence for just about every human that ever existed up to a few generations ago when 'enlightenment' led to a demand for 'proofs'-
If Michael and his simple co-horts had their way, we would be back a few centuries living a life of superstition ( which UM is laced with) and subject to the whims of leaders divining truth out of the ether. And as history ( and Serge ) shows, these leaders rarely fail to have their own interests at heart. Good thinking Michael Duxon.

One last thing which is related. A lot of the posters go on about how 'serge presented them with alternatives' and they just felt it's truth. Firstly, and glaringly, the very fact that Serge presented ( a euphemism for 'told') them there was an 'alternative' presents a clear choice. He described that choice in detail. He does so by informing them that many of their roles and ideas have been forced upon them. He then 'presents' ( tells) them that in order for them to feel ( not think) about 'their truth' they need not listen to him but discover it for themselves. Stevie Wonder could see that this is just a sleight of hand. It is a very clever but not uncommon manipulation used in sales to allow the buyer ( AKA student) think they are making the decision when presented with two options ; current= not good and Alternative = desirable.

Of course there are plenty of other alternatives. This just happens to be the Serge is offering for a few thousand ( at least) per year. The student, ripe for a new paradigm, just happens to be there ( they could also be with one of the other 1000 + cult leaders across the world peddling similar alternatives) Serge them employs some clever but proven methods to quieten the mind, induce catharsis, implant [his] ideas (alternatives) over a long period having had committed students agree to park their critical minds in neutral ( and often reverse)... and then you have the perfect follower batting in his defense on their multitudinous blog sites all singing the same discordant tones.

Thanks Students-- keep giving up those pearls of wisdom. And a special thanks to the editing team for not seeing the woods for the trees, or in this case, the stupidity for the words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 05:30AM by COncerned Partner.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 08:02AM

"it is not uncommon for small edits to be made to writing"

Why is this not suprising at all?

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 17, 2012 08:32AM

COncerned Partner
Hi MacReady, thanks for taking the time to go through those students posts and highlight what is going on.

It is worth noting what is happening with the student posts. They are not going up at whim. They are being vetted, edited, rejected, classified in a serious effort to control what is appearing on the internet. The information you can Google is information they want seen and they think proves their arguments that they are not in a cult and Serge is a good guy extraordinaire.

From a recent email to the students:

Please take the time to read it if you are planning to submit an article to the blogs and keep this email as a reference. And please submit directly to the master gmail account as specified for each Blog below....Don't alienate by using lingo with no attempt to actually connect. This lack of connection is a big part of the reason why so many detractors have such animosity towards Serge and UM -- because as students we haven't met them with love and consideration -- often they have been met with arrogance and jargon and an 'us-vs-them', or a 'they're-so-pranic' approach to life....Also consider that if you are self-critical when you write about past choices and behaviours, you are inadvertently criticising anyone else in the world that has made or is making similar choices. When you write about your past write it with the love and the tenderness you and everyone else deserve....
Please understand that the volunteers are doing an amazing amount of work behind the scenes to read, allocate, proof read and post your submissions. It is not uncommon for small edits to be made to writing. We edit in the
interests of clarity and readability. We will never change the meaning of your sentences and we will work with you if we have trouble understanding something you have written and feel you could express it more clearly. Your patience and understanding that is is a big learning for us all is appreciated in this process. We also welcome your feedback on how we approach this process.

In some cases the submissions we receive have a lot of great themes but require further clarity for those themes to be clearly communicated. If you are not a confident writer there are people who can help you with the process.

So, we are not talking about a free exchange of ideas based on what the 'student' feels but a carefully crafted release of edited material onto the blogs, which probably accounts in part for their similarities.
However, it is a useless exercise because as we all know, the blogs look exactly like the work of people in a cult,
defending their ideology mindlessly ( literally if they are good students) as Serge is exposed by the media for the liar and manipulator that he is. So in fact, all their handiwork supports what we and the non group members already know. As I keep saying, silence would be their best friends, although I guess that might look weird too. When you're in a cult you're really between a rock and a hard place!

I want to comment on the line Michael used above: What does it matter that there is no scientific ‘proof’ for these techniques?

Well of course it matters completely, especially when people are making health, parenting, emotional, relationship
and life decisions based on it.
What we are talking about is people blindly believing the ideas of a man with no training, no therapeutic background, no specific education on the topics he claims to have absolute knowledge.

I think for non members, besides the head trap their family member is in, this a VERY alarming aspect of the group. Certainly I was quietly worried about it over a number of years and when I understood how extensive the tendrils of his stupidity were and how it had become axiomatic in decision making, I realized it was a very pernicious and counter productive force.

The notion that Michael thinks it doesn't need proving points to the crux of why these guys are listening to Serge's
nonsense and thinking it makes sense. Basically, they don't want to work things out for themselves. Serge hands them a set of instructions and it is very black and white. For the first time in their lives, once they give in to it, they are doubt free. A very quiet place. Cognitive inquiry takes work and there are many shades of grey. You have to form working theories, then abandon them if they dont stand up. In UM world, no such requirement exists for Serge or the followers; he just utters some nonsense, they write it down, and voila! it is truth.
This is more or less how society operated for a few millennium resulting in a very poor existence for just about every human that ever existed up to a few generations ago when 'enlightenment' led to a demand for 'proofs'-
If Michael and his simple co-horts had their way, we would be back a few centuries living a life of superstition ( which UM is laced with) and subject to the whims of leaders divining truth out of the ether. And as history ( and Serge ) shows, these leaders rarely fail to have their own interests at heart. Good thinking Michael Duxon.

One last thing which is related. A lot of the posters go on about how 'serge presented them with alternatives' and they just felt it's truth. Firstly, and glaringly, the very fact that Serge presented ( a euphemism for 'told') them there was an 'alternative' presents a clear choice. He described that choice in detail. He does so by informing them that many of their roles and ideas have been forced upon them. He then 'presents' ( tells) them that in order for them to feel ( not think) about 'their truth' they need not listen to him but discover it for themselves. Stevie Wonder could see that this is just a sleight of hand. It is a very clever but not uncommon manipulation used in sales to allow the buyer ( AKA student) think they are making the decision when presented with two options ; current= not good and Alternative = desirable.

Of course there are plenty of other alternatives. This just happens to be the Serge is offering for a few thousand ( at least) per year. The student, ripe for a new paradigm, just happens to be there ( they could also be with one of the other 1000 + cult leaders across the world peddling similar alternatives) Serge them employs some clever but proven
methods to quieten the mind, induce catharsis, implant [his] ideas (alternatives) over a long period having had committed students agree to park their critical minds in neutral ( and often reverse)... and then you have the perfect follower batting in his defense on their multitudinous blog sites all singing the same discordant tones.

Thanks Students-- keep giving up those pearls of wisdom. And a special thanks to the editing team for not seeing the woods for the trees, or in this case, the stupidity for the words.

Thanks for that info, CP.

This is not at all surprising, and demolishes the idea that students are 'free to express their truth'. It also makes a mockery of the accompanying comments left by students, where the 'awesomely expressed' blog entries induce laughter and tears of joy at the profound truth of the testimonies.

I'll simply add that if the material being posted (much of which confirms the fact that UM is a cult and that the students individuality has been forsaken in favor of a herd-like adherence to Serge's 'one-unified delusion'), has been been vetted and edited before approval, then I'd frankly LOVE to see the material that the UM Ministry Of Propaganda is rejecting for being damaging to their cause.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 17, 2012 09:40AM

"What a missed opportunity to write about Serge – he will become one of the great global modern stories even though he is not seeking any publicity. Leser...should attend the workshops or retreats. Or read the philosphical works and try listening to the many podcasts. The media needs journalists that break the mould of irresponsibility"

- comment posted by 'Steve' on David Leser's 'The Da Vinci Mode' article here:
[davidleser.wordpress.com]

Serge may indeed become a 'global story', but given the information being exposed by investigators, I doubt it's going to be the flattering 'world teacher' portrayal that Steve thinks it will be.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 17, 2012 10:08AM

A fellow I know who lived in Bath for many years, said that the name of the town Frome is pronounced "froom", the same way one pronounces the words the double oo in "Hoover" or the words "room" or "broom" .

So if you are not from the UK and must obtain telephone directory assistance from British Telecom (BT), keep this in mind.

As a Yank/septic, I'd erred by pronouncing it the same way one pronounces "home" as in Home Counties.

Date: September 17, 2012 11:43AM

MacReady
"What a missed opportunity to write about Serge – he will become one of the great global modern stories even though he is not seeking any publicity. Leser...should attend the workshops or retreats. Or read the philosphical works and try listening to the many podcasts. The media needs journalists that break the mould of irresponsibility"

- comment posted by 'Steve' on David Leser's 'The Da Vinci Mode' article here:
[davidleser.wordpress.com]

Serge may indeed become a 'global story', but given the information being exposed by investigators, I doubt it's going to be the flattering 'world teacher' portrayal that Steve thinks it will be.

I doubt that Steve had read the books ( fact- most students I know have not) for if he had, he would know it is not philosophy, assuming he knows what the actually is.

for avoidance of doubt- Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems, such as those connected with reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language.[1][2] Philosophy is distinguished from other ways of addressing such problems by its critical, generally systematic approach and its reliance on rational argument.[3] The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek (philosophia), which literally means "love of wisdom".

Serge's books are not by any measure Philosophy.

They are a bunch of borrowed ideas thrown together- opinions, assumptions, assertions, wild ideas, half backed notions- but not philosophy.

On another note, I wonder why the ABC didnt put together something in media watch from all their submissions regarding "media' hack jobs on Serge? they must have believed that Media watch is a respectable show and it was not part of the conspiracy? I guess now they havent done anything their opinion would have changed. The reason Media watch have done nothing is too obvious too mention...maybe one of the UM PR team should give them a call and ask for the (real) reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 11:45AM by COncerned Partner.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 17, 2012 01:11PM

MacReady
Quote:

I've noticed a recurring claim among the UM community that Serge has taught them to 'discern the truth' by 'feeling into it' with their bodies/hearts, rather than considering it with the critical faculties of their minds. This 'feeling' process, apparently, is the filter applied to everything presented by Serge and Universal Medicine by students to discern whether it is true or not.
Yes, 'truth' at UM has no relationship with facts. UM appears extremely hostile to facts, seeing their PR efforts consistently fail to address that Serge is a proven liar, that he practices a bastardized form of acupuncture without qualifications even though it is unlawful to do so (Check with AHPRA, the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority), that he flagrantly contravenes therapeutic guidelines when dealing with victims of sexual abuse and that 'clients' of Universal Medicine who follow Serge's advice are falling ill.

Discern that truth, UM apologists.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 17, 2012 02:23PM

COncerned Partner
I take from that that Serge is in for some trouble due to his lack of integrity, otherwise it went right over my head.
I don't think any of the followers are interested in astrology as Serge, like everything, has discounted it as coming from the wrong energy....

Frankly, I think you will find the minds of the students are not given to the subtleties of argument on any topic.
Yep, the current general astrology is very prominent in Serge's personal chart, and I'd be very surprised if he's not 'feeling' it. The fact that public nterest and scrutiny has escalated AND he's backpedalling like mad on the Da Vinci claims, sanitizing his websites and otherwise scrambling for cred, indicates to me the current astro is having an affect.

To demonstrate, I looked at his transits on 3 dates this year. January 14, when Herb started this thread, July 23 when the SMH ran its first articles on TGA & Medicare issues and broken families, and August 25, when David Leser's Good Weekend article was published. On each of those dates Pluto in Capricorn was in exact (0 degrees) opposition to his north node karmic point in Cancer. Plus Pluto was one to two degrees from an exact square to his Sun, and Saturn was zero to two degrees in exact opposition to his Jupiter. In layman's terms, he was having a rare and challenging aspect exact on those very days, as well as feeling intense effects of several other rare and challenging transits. The astrologers will go ape over this.

Also, I agree that many of his students are resistant to examining any critique of Uncle Serge, but not all of them. There will be a lot experiencing doubts, particularly on the periphery of the group, and they're the ones most likely to wake up when presented with facts and persuasive arguments. Astrologically speaking, this is an excellent time for anyone with doubts to get out, because frankly it's only going to get worse for UM. I don't intend to carry on with too much astrology here. I'll go over to astro.com for that. However, I think the more persuasive arguments we can muster from different angles, the better.

From my experience in the yoga cult, some decades long, inner sanctum members left the group when the guru's behaviour became increasingly out of hand. And that group ran a tight, extremely insular inner sanctum. People do wake up. Also Robert Jay Lifton (bless his soul) the expert on thought reform, found thought reform techniques only work so much and people could recover their faculties after so called 'brainwashing'. After dealing with Chinese political prisoners, he found no one could give themselves entirely to the indoctrination. Just as many people have left harmful groups and gone on to slough off the madness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.