Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 16, 2012 06:39AM

A couple of solid/interesting posts discussing UM from the astrology forum:

[forum.astro.com]

On page 11 (reply # 206) Lennox Cap astutely writes:

"I think that what he is doing is preaching a new age ideology of total reflective responsibility. That is, everything is a reflection of where you are with your development and integrity. However, when the light is turned on the cult or the leader, that principle is abandoned and others are found to blame.

In this case the favorite people to blame are abusive, violent, alcohol, drug taking men (the husbands) Even if these men  are the cause of Benhayons woes, which of course is paranoid nonsense , wouldn't his doctrine of responsibility still be immutable?  

Many of the members of his cult have a vested interest as they are reliant on Universal Medicine followers as their customer base.  

Other members have a large emotional, financial and time investment in the reality of the cult and its ideas. It is not easy to change direction once an emotional decision has been made. These people have spent a long time getting to the point of deciding to 'commit' to the work, and to backtrack and admit error is exceedingly difficult, if not impossible. Many alcoholics and drug addicts  have the same issue and will spend a lifetime in denial about their addictions (the group and the feeling it creates is in fact an addiction) and will create fallacies, destroy their families and others in order to remain in denial.

For these type of members, while a very deep level they are aware of the addiction and nature of the group, in their conscious minds they cannot actually recognize or articulate that their group is a cult, or their leader is flawed; while they can see it in other groups quite easily. They perceive criticism of the group or leader as criticism of themselves, and push people away who threaten their perception of the group.

By the very nature of the group, logic is useless. They have been trained to accept non-sequitor arguments or statements as profundities. Meaningless jargon replaces critical thought. Simple slogans mask complex doctrines. This is witnessed by the repetitive mantras of the followers emphasizing  that 'the work has shown them how to be in their body and have a more joyful life' and 'Universal Medicine operates with the utmost integrity' and so forth; even though many legitimate questions have been raised, arguments changed, positions retracted or modified and a tissue of deceptions revealed, albeit at the corners at the stage.

The group and the leader accuse others of what they are doing in order to obfuscate the obvious truth to themselves (denial) or to protect their interests (vested) or to protect the leader (infallible). In order to achieve that, sources and detractors are discredited and facts skewed and reworked to fit with the current revelations. Once a cult 'fact' has changed, it will be accepted as the truth as if that was always the case.  

Under lining all of this is something they will hang onto very tightly; their belief that their worldview is the absolute and irrefutable truth. Serge has created a perfect cult doctrine of us and them, pranic and fiery, energetically pure and not. This insistent choice keeps the follower in state of circular suspension from which there is hardly an escape. To admit that there may be problems, is to make the incorrect energetic choice and to join the 'lower, temporal, mundane, carnal, pranic, world' and to be implused by 'spirit and astral forces' rather than the 'soul calling' of Serge's doctrine. It is a no-win situation for the so called student."

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 16, 2012 06:48AM

And from Lennox Cap again, on page 13 (reply # 224):

[forum.astro.com]

(edited slightly -MacReady)

"I had a very interesting morning coffee with my friend/Doctor today.

He told me that Serge had contacted him 12 years ago wanting to rent a room of his medical practice as a "healer".  My doctor friend met with him and within 1 hour diagnosed that he was a seriously ill puppy and made it very clear to Serge he had no interest in having ANYTHING to do with him.

Over the years my friend has treated lots of Serge's ex-followers who come to him with wide myriad of health and emotional problems following the Serge experience.

My friend says Serge was following the works of Helena Petrovna Blavatsky...
....a scholar of ancient wisdom literature who along with H.S Olcott and Anagarika Dharmapala was instrumental in the Western transmission and revival of Theravada Buddhism. In 1875 Blavatsky and Olcott established a research and publishing institute called the Theosophical Society. Blavatsky defined Theosophy as "the archaic Wisdom-Religion, the esoteric doctrine once known in every ancient country having claims to civilization."[1] Blavatsky's extensive research into the many different spiritual traditions of the world led to the publication of what is now considered her magnus opus, The Secret Doctrine, which collates and organizes the essence of these teachings into a comprehensive synthesis. Blavatsky saw herself as a missionary of this ancient knowledge and one of the main purposes of the Theosophical Society was “to form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of Humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color”.[2] Blavatsky's other works include Isis Unveiled, The Key to Theosophy, and The Voice of the Silence.

He also told me these works were followed by Hitler and it helped him ... another small insignificant man ... rise to the heights he did.

Interesting morning"

Date: September 16, 2012 07:33AM

More coverage via Doubtful Newsblog:

[doubtfulnews.com]

Some UM defenders have posted comments, including this from Michael Duxon:

"This story has been in the press regularly for months now and the media continues to print lies, inacuracies and a slant on this story which seems intent on discrediting Serge Benhayon and the work of universal medicine.What does it matter that there is no scientific ‘proof’ for these techniques? Are we to sit back and wait to be told what we can believe in or maybe we can experience and know this for ourselves as thousands of people have done, creating a living evidence which can be easily researched and read via a google search.

If this was a cult or an organization with suspicious behavior and dubious methods then you would indeed expect it to keep its head down to fly über the radar but quite the opposite is happening with many feeling the need to speak out for the truth of what is happening here".

Well, the UM faithful may be 'speaking out', but they're doing so in a very selective fashion. While they seem eager to wax lyrically about Serge's infallible integrity (each person writing in an interchangeable, pre-programmed style betraying a complete loss of individual expression), they all, without fail, avoid any detailed description of the true belief system at the 'inner-heart' of UM. This systemic, concerted pattern of deception illustrates that UM is attempting to avoid unwanted attention by keeping the true nature of the organization 'under the radar'.

Moreover, Serge himself is doing his best to avoid any serious disclosure of the true belief mechanisms driving his cult empire. Instead, he has retracted or obfuscated some of his ludicrous claims, edited his website in an attempt to downplay some of the more cultish elements, and left the followers to fight his PR battle for him.

Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: September 16, 2012 08:26AM

MacReady
Finally, a UM blog entry that to some degree acknowledges the need students have to keep going back to UM events to maintain the mood created by external stimuli, the '"Serge said" syndrome that's so prevalent among the cult, and how difficult it is for the families of these people to live with an obsessive, devoted Benhayon follower. The author absolves Serge of any responsibility for his teachings, downplaying the fact that his presentations are in fact little more than a series of 'dos and don'ts' (delivered with the assurance that apocalyptic consequences await if you choose not to heed his advice), and paints an all-too-simple 'happy ending' scenario completely at odds with the experiences of many others, but this is still quite revealing:

[truthaboutsergebenhayon.com]

That blog sounds like one confused woman to me. I would have thought after years of studying love and joyfullness the student body of UM would be more loving and joyful, it isn't coming through like that though is it.... Even the fact they have to defend Serge so much is so very suspect. To be honest I went to Serges workshop a couple of years ago, and out of 130ish people I only found one other person, like me, who thought the whole thing was really weird. I couldn't put my finger on it back then, but now after this forum it is all really clear, so thank you to everyone for your insights into the mind and world of Serge Benhayon and UM. Truth is certainly stranger then fiction. Now all I wish is that all of our friends and family who are involved in this horrible trip of Serge's would actually see the sky and trees for what they are and leave UM, get proper help and move on with their lives.

Date: September 16, 2012 10:17AM

MacReady
And from Lennox Cap again, on page 13 (reply # 224):

[forum.astro.com]

(edited slightly -MacReady)

"I had a very interesting morning coffee with my friend/Doctor today.

He told me that Serge had contacted him 12 years ago wanting to rent a room of his medical practice as a "healer".  My doctor friend met with him and within 1 hour diagnosed that he was a seriously ill puppy and made it very clear to Serge he had no interest in having ANYTHING to do with him.

Over the years my friend has treated lots of Serge's ex-followers who come to him with wide myriad of health and emotional problems following the Serge experience..."

That is actually from page 12 of the astrology forum, not 13. Apologies for any confusion.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 16, 2012 03:03PM

I thought I’d post on Serge’s astrology and his current transits coinciding with the increase in public scrutiny.

Please note that the astrologers at the astro.com thread are much more advanced than me and have done an amazing analysis of his chart. I just thought I’d write up a simple layperson friendly version for the benefit of those reading here, focusing on just a few points. Then I’m going over there to see if they’ll be my friends. :)

Also, I’ll be perfectly transparent and say I’m posting on astrology here because I know some of Serge’s followers are reading, and for those who follow astrology the interpretation below is impossible to ignore. You can only spin astrology so much. Also they’ll be able to see the effects of it in his recent behaviour and physical appearance.

To me Serge’s chart makes a lot of sense. Astro charts don’t spell out someone’s destiny, more a blueprint of the kinds of patterns they may fall into. How they use the energies of their chart is up to their free will (or pathology).

First, on his natal chart – his personality blueprint, his Aries Sun (conscious self expression) is in the first house of selfhood, identity, outward appearance, leadership and personal motivation. Aries has similar qualities to the first house and is a fire sign, which makes him passionate but can also readily cross over into impulsiveness and aggression. Close to Mars (male principle, mode of action or attack) equates with leadership qualities and extraversion, but can shift easily into egoism and aggression. His Mars (male principle, action, attack) is in Pisces, which can manifest positively as compassionate action, or negatively as dishonesty, trickiness and confused behaviour.

I’m particularly interested in his Moon and Venus aspects, which signify his dealings and attitudes to women, motherhood, relationships and his unconscious mind. Basically, his Venus (female principle, relating) is in a challenging opposition to Neptune (spirituality, altered states of consciousness, dreaming, compassion, illusion, delusion). So at best he’ll have compassion for women, but he’s at risk of deifying and idealizing women and relationships to the point of delusion and deliberate spiritual deception. Hello.

His Moon (unconscious processes, emotions, instinct, the mother archetype) in Virgo (which can be nurturing, but is also prone to being puritanical and controlling) is joined with Pluto (profound transformation, death & rebirth, power relationships), which can make him hyperintuitive and intensely emotional, but also prone to emotionally blackmailing others, invading and exposing other’s privacy or psychic boundaries and obsessed with either his own mother or motherhood issues (ahem, breasts). His Moon, Pluto & Uranus are located in the 6th house of bodily issues, health, diet and everyday routines. So we have either an intense interest in health & healing/diet etc., or obsessional power plays in that area. All of which is in a challenging, oppositional aspect to Chiron, the archetype of the wounded healer.

In terms of his current astrological transits, Serge would be feeling the crunch, and I feel this bears out with the increase in public scrutiny over the last six months – including from the folk here on this thread. The current astrological transits have been building for Serge for about the time since Herb started this thread.

This coming week, two powerful slow moving planets, Pluto and Uranus will form an exact square. The Uranus Pluto square is the major astro transit of the current era, it’s been going on for a while and we’ll continue to feel the effects until 2016. Astrologers will tell you this transit is a major factor in the intense geopolitical events of recent times. On the upside, the transit can work for those who live with integrity and are willing to grasp the momentum to expedite positive evolution in their lives, however, it is a critical challenge to those operating without integrity or clinging to redundant or fanciful paradigms. Hence the ructions about poor governance the world over, and the instability in the global financial system. Plus the recent pressure on Serge to account for himself and his barmy medicine. Trust me, he will be feeling this transit intensely, because transitting Uranus (sudden change) at 7 degrees of Aries is conjunct his natal Sun (self expression, leadership, outward appearance) at 5 degrees of Aries, both of which are being squared (challenged) by Pluto (profound transformation, power struggles) currently at 6 degrees of Capricorn.

Pluto is also in (challenging) opposition to his 6 degrees Cancer north node (karmic purpose), exact as I write. While Saturn (discipline, structure), currently opposite his Jupiter (expansion, megalomania) is telling him in no uncertain terms to pull his head in. Hence the increased public scrutiny and pressure building on him to prove his accountability, as well as the paranoid scrambling, PR blitzing and damage control on his part. It’s in the stars, and if he’d behaved ethically, he wouldn’t be copping such a hammering. These transits would be challenging for anyone, but they’re much more exposing and difficult to deal with if you are ethically compromised or corrupt.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 16, 2012 05:12PM

corboy
Here are links to a study we discussed earlier on this thread on how humans behave when food is restricted. The study was done by Ancel Keyes in the 1940s and to this day is referenced in the literature on eating disorders.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Note: When calorie intake is very severely restricted, people feel ice cold even when the weather is in in the 30 degrees C and will dress in heavy clothing even on hot days when most others are in shorts or beach wear.

If UM devotees are wearing much more clothing than the norm, thats a sign of serious calorie restriction.

(A few otherwise healthy persons have body temps that are in the 96 F range. They can be ID'd as heaving more clothes on than the rest of the folk with 98.6 F body temps. )

Corboy, you are such an awesome resource!!!! That study is a perfect illustration of what I was talking about in terms of malnutrition. Also, thanks for sending me the article on hypnotic communication in cults.

I might add, on a different topic, I think our most vital element in preventing and minimizing UM harm is factual and first hand accounts from those followers who have been damaged by this group. UM is working around the clock, I promise, to suppress such testimonies. Cult exit counsellors generally work on persuading the follower of the facts about the group as well as questioning the belief system, and crucially, whether the belief system is being adhered to - or as in Serge's case, whether it's being subverted, so that healing becomes harming, medicine causes illness, and love becomes damage to relationships and families. Either way, when exit counsellors work, rather than replacing one indoctrination with another, the follower is given enough facts to make up their own mind. Because Serge's followers are most likely there for the feeling/healing aspect of the group, they may shut out attacks to the dreaded philosophy, but I believe it's much more difficult to shut out the factual accounts, particularly the clear examples of physical, psychological and emotional damage.

A lot of people are reading and I'd like to appeal for more facts, observations and accounts of the workings of the group and more detail, particularly from any follower or client of UM who is having doubts or disillusion. How are you feeling or experiencing detrimental affects to your health, relationships and attitudes? If you are suffering due to UM, please tell us about it. We are here to support you and we are here to try and prevent more harm.

Date: September 16, 2012 05:59PM

Quote:

"The very first thing that I was presented with was to discern my own truth, and to never take on Serge’s presentations as truth without my own innermost discernment – that is, the feelings I have and know deep within myself, the feelings that are just mine and not told or dictated by anyone else. The feelings I have carried all my life, but at a young age had learned to override because I was sure they did not matter, since they were just mine".

[truthaboutuniversalmedicine.com]

I've noticed a recurring claim among the UM community that Serge has taught them to 'discern the truth' by 'feeling into it' with their bodies/hearts, rather than considering it with the critical faculties of their minds. This 'feeling' process, apparently, is the filter applied to everything presented by Serge and Universal Medicine by students to discern whether it is true or not. This is a repeated defense expressed via the UM student blogs as to the validity of Serge's presentations, however, in at least two glaringly obvious cases, 'feeling into' the truth of Serge's claims has proved hopelessly ineffective, as I will illustrate.

Firstly, every dedicated UM student believed Serge's claim that he is the reincarnation of (among others) Leonardo Da Vinci. Since Serge has now publicly retracted this claim, dismissing it as some kind of joke, we can surmise that on this case 'feeling into' Serge's claim to discern its truth failed miserably for thousands of people. A shame they didn't apply the critical thinking of their pranic lower minds to this claim. They would have concluded it was bullshit in a matter of seconds.

Secondly, Serge's claims of high-flying financial success prior to launching UM was frequently referred to among students as proof of his integrity, as nobody would give up a life of riches to become a humble world teacher if they were only it for the money. We can assume that UM students read and heard these claims and 'felt the truth of them' with their 'inner-hearts'. Unfortunately for UMers, this claim has been exposed to be an utter lie, as Serge was recently confronted by a journalist with documented evidence of his bankruptcy prior to rising from the financial ashes as a New Age messiah figure.

So again, we have a clear example of 'feeling' the truth (as taught to the students by Serge) failing miserably to detect the blatant lies at the foundation of the UM empire.

There's a lesson in this, students: reclaim your critical thinking. Use your heads. You have been, and continue to be, lied to by Serge Benhayon. Walk away now. The beautiful truth of life in the real world is here whenever you're ready.

Posted by: Eric Dobbs ()
Date: September 16, 2012 06:42PM

Ok Serge,it's not easy but I can accept you are not Leonardo anymore but please Serge tell me you know where the "King" is . Is he " somewhere in Asia " or is he a " little girl on a farm somewhere in America" . I need to know Serge.By the way how is dear old ovary reading Natalie ,your daughter, still being Mr Churchill , still smoking those cigars , wearing the occasional Bowler and feeling mostly depressed ? Oh Serge while I'm at it , don't you think it's about time you told Winston , sorry i mean Natalie that you know where Hitler is ?Break it to her gently ,we don't want another war do we . Get back to me on that will ya- over and out -Eric

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2012 06:44PM by Eric Dobbs.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 16, 2012 10:06PM

Again, this may be just coincidence.

When I first posted the material on calorie restriction research done by Ancel Keyes and the descriptions of how people think and behave on calorie restricted diets, no discussion followed.

An interloper showed up and skewed the discussion away from the topic.

An analysis of the diet actually followed by devotees of UM is the only way to find out whether that type of diet is in fact, calorie restricted - or not.

The Keyes experimental subjects were very severely food restricted.

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Cognitive changes

The volunteers reported impaired concentration, alertness, comprehension and judgement during semi-starvation. This improved after re-feeding.

and

Physical changesAs the six months of semi-starvation progressed, the volunteers exhibited many physicalchanges including: gastrointestinal discomfort, decreased need for sleep, dizziness, headaches,hypersensitivity to noise and light, reduced strength, oedema (fluid retention), hair loss,decreased tolerance of cold temperatures (cold hands and feet) and parasthesia (abnormaltingling or prickling sensations, especially in the hands and feet). There was an overall decreasein metabolism (decreased body temperature, heart rate and respiration)

IF any of UM devotees are feeling such pricking or tinging sensations, these could easily be interpreted as energy surges.

When in fact, these parasthesias can be caused by many thing, not only semistarvatin, but even low blood sugar or low blood pressure.

More can be read here about the Minnesota Food Deprivation Experiment.

[http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:NDij1adcBo0J:[www.ednses.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.