Threats from cultmember/Opinions sought: Re Moonies Offshoot
Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: June 11, 2005 03:16PM

Hi,

I have developed and operate the world's largest English internet resource on the cult described here:

[freedomofmind.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

I recently saw online evidence that a person associated with an ametur soccer club in Korea for foreigners was making repeated attempts to involve the club with cult organised events.

Since the cult leader is officially wanted by Interpol to face charges of rape and fraud in Korea I felt it was my civic duty to share that information so the individual team members would be able to make a more informed choice about involvement in such events.
In Korea cult members have been charged with murder, assault and kidnapping. That is in addition to the rape charges filed by the Korean Police against the leader. I honestly feel that this cult could perhaps be one of the most destructive in the world, the leader possbly one of the world's worst sex offenders.

Information I posted on the team's board critical of the cult leader (information confirmed to me by the Korean police 3 weeks earlier) was deleted within seconds.

I emailed the administrator asking for an explanation.
The responce was a very quick:
"Stop posting your political messages on this board or I will contact the police and sue you"

A bit of a controversy has since developed, as I refused to stop posting that information.
Further exmination of earlier posts made by the person who threatened me resulted in me being 100% sure that he is a member of this cult.

1 team member emailed me to thank me for sharing that information. He had been aware that his team was participating in events run by a cult and felt uncomfortable doing so, he also said when he voiced his concerns regarding the leaders criminal status, the issue was hushed up.
He was shocked to see my posts deleted and shocked further when I informed him of the threats made against me.

Another team member posted on my board last night the opposite view, that essentially I was a religous bigot who had brought his team into disrepute. Some of his points did strike home though and I have recently begun to consider that I am perhaps spending too much of my time and energy researching this partucular cult. Although I have found the experience to be very rewarding.... perhaps my cult awareness hobby is impacting negatively on my life

I would honestly appreciate if a few people here, would take the time to read the relevent thread on my board and offer your opinions on the matters I and others have raised...

[falsemessiah.proboards23.com]

You need to register in order to post a message, it is a quick and easy process.

Thankyou

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: June 14, 2005 08:20AM

Hi -

This Cease and Desist Order that I wrote up to deal with the Opus Dei cult might prove helpful. Also, the Legal Disclaimer at the beginning might be useable.

Peace,
Matt

[www.crcnyc.net]
Sample Cease and Desist/Anti-Harassment/Restraining Order/Letter for use Against Opus Dei Operatives
Updated July, 2004
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The links and/or information on this site are provided for research, educational and informational purposes ONLY. The statements, opinions and/or conclusions drawn on the linked sites and/or on this page are not necessarily those of this website, its management, owners, employees, subcontractors or agents (hereafter collectively known as "The Company"). The Company is not responsible for the contents on this site and/or on the aformentioned linked sites. Neither does The Company necessarily endorse and/or support the views expressed by the information contained herein and/or the linked sites listed. A mention and/or listing on this site does not indicate The Company's endorsement of any organization's and/or entity's activities, reports, publications and/or programs. The Company cannot be held responsible and/or liable for any damages, real, imagined, past, present or future from the information contained on this site and/or the sites that it links to hereafter. The Company strongly respects the freedom of individuals, including, but not limited to, Catholic young adults within New York City and its surrounding areas, to make decisions regarding their own spirituality; this assumes that they are provided with proper and complete information about the different paths available. The Company is also a supporter of the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights, including the First Amendment. In particular, The Company supports the right of individuals and private entities to publish news and/or information without legal and/or extralegal interference, harassment and/or intimidation from individuals, government and/or private non-governmental entities, including, but not limited to, religious institutions, orders, ecclesiastical groups and/or personal prelatures. This site contains articles and/or documents about often controversial and/or potentially unsafe groups, which may have generated some controversy, concern and/or interest within the Catholic young adult community in New York City and its surrounding areas. Some of these groups have been called "cults." However, the mention and/or inclusion of a group and/or a leader within this website does not define that group as a "cult" and/or an individual and/or group mentioned as either destructive and/or harmful. Instead, such inclusion simply and only reflects archived articles and/or research which is being made available to the greater Catholic young adult community in the interest of providing additional information that is not available via other sources, entities and/or institutions, including, but not limited to, religious institutions, orders, ecclesiastical groups and/or personal prelatures. All information on this page and/or its linked sites should be evaluated carefully and critically through a process of individual and independent judgment. The reader alone is solely responsible for determining the accuracy of the information on this site and/or any of the sites that it links to.
Please find below a sample Cease and Desist Order that can be used against Opus Dei operatives when they are attempting to harass, pressure, intimidate and recruit potential members. This can also be used by former members who are attempting to break away from the organization but who find that Opus Dei will not leave them alone. This Cease and Desist Order can be used in conjunction with the Guide to Preventing Opus Dei Infiltration. It is being distributed under the GNU General Public License. This Legal Disclaimer can be customized and modified in any way to suit a particular situation to which it is being applied. For example, the local harassment and stalking laws applicable to the country, province or state that you are in should replace the US laws listed below. Permission is granted for this Cease and Desist Order to be copied anywhere in the world, at any time, in any format. This Disclaimer has been reviewed by prominent legal counsel who have had extensive experience with Opus Dei's modus operandi. Please feel free to have your legal counsel review it for further modifications.

When Opus Dei is getting aggressive and intimidating and refuses to back down, modify and mail the Cease and Desist letter below to get them to back down. It is key that a copy of the letter is kept along with with a record of delivery. This record is necessary to prove to the police that the person has been served a Cease and Desist Order should the person not back down after the Order has been sent. In the US, the letter can be sent via the US Postal Service's Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Please note that it is suggested that you do not send the Order via Certified Mail/Return Receipt, since the Opus Dei operative will be instructed to refuse delivery of the Order. However, Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation does not require a signature and cannot be refused. An alternative way is to send it via FedEx Ground if you are near a FedEx dropoff facility. Be sure to KEEP a copy of the letter and your record of Delivery Confirmation. In addition, you may want to send a copy to the local police precinct, via Certified Mail, to alert them to the harassment you are receiving from Opus Dei elements. For example, if you were in Manhattan, New York City, you might send a copy to the Commanding Officer of the NYPD's 17th Precinct, the precinct where Opus Dei's North American HQ is located. Also, you may want to send a copy to your local Campus Ministry President, CYO group President or young adult group President to alert them to Opus Dei's criminal behavior. Finally, you may also want to send a copy to the US Vicar for Opus Dei (listed at the end of the letter) via Certified Mail so as to prove to the police that the particular person to whom the letter is being sent is not acting alone, but under the direct orders and under the strict direction of Opus Dei. Opus Dei members are under tremendous pressure to recruit new people and destroy their enemies, so please remember they will not be rational and will only back down in the face of legal force.

Note too that this Order can also be used when an individual, like an ex-boyfriend, ex-girlfriend or co-workers is harassing you and will not leave you alone. It is helpful in establishing an official set of documents that the person was warned that their actions were in violation of criminal laws.

CEASE AND DESIST/RESTRAINING ORDER

(DATE)

Dear Sir or Madam:

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your and the Opus Dei cult's harassing and intimidating actions against my fellow Catholics and I has become unbearable. Such anti-social behavior is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated in any way, shape or form. This letter is to demand that your and the Opus Dei cult's continuing involvement in, planning and encouragement of, high-pressure recruitment, information gathering, harassment and intimidation must CEASE AND DESIST immediately. Should you and the Opus Dei cult continue to pursue these activities in violation of this CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, we will not hesitate to pursue further legal action against you and the Opus Dei cult, including, but not limited to, civil action and/or criminal complaints.

[Insert specific harassment inicidents here. Be sure to include date and place of occurance]

Myself and my peers have a right to remain free from Opus Dei's cultic, intimidating, manipulative and high-pressure tactics, and we will take the responsibility upon ourselves to protect that right. Note that a copy of this letter and a record of its delivery will be stored. Note too that it is admissible as evidence in a court of law and will be used as such if need be in the future.

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER demands that you immediately discontinue and do not at any point in the future under any circumstances do the following to me: speak to, contact, pursue, harass, attack, strike, bump into, brush up against, push, tap, grab, hold, threaten, telephone (via cellular or landline), instant message, page, fax, email, follow, stalk, shadow, disturb my peace, keep me under surveillance, gather information about and/or block my movements at home, work, social gatherings, religious functions and/or at any Catholic Church-sponsored activities.

[New York: Note that your behavior is a violation of New York State Penal Law Section 240.25 - Harassment in the First Degree, Section 240.26 - Harassment in the Second Degree, Section 240.30 - Aggravated Harassment in the Second Degree, Section 240.45 - Criminal Nuisance in the Second Degree, Section 120.45 - Stalking in the Fourth Degree, Section 120.50 - Stalking in the Third Degree, Section 120.55 - Stalking in the Second Degree, Section 120.60 - Stalking in the First Degree, Section 135.60 - Coercion in the Second Degree and Section 105.00 - Conspiracy in the Sixth Degree.]

[Connecticut: Sec. 53a-181c - 1992, Stalking in the first degree, Sec. 53a-181d - 1992, Stalking in the second degree, Sec. 53a-181e - 1995. Stalking in the third degree, ยง 53a-182b. Harassment in the first degree, 53a-183. Harassment in the second degree]

[New Jersey: Note that your behavior is a violation of New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice Title 2C:12-10 - Stalking, Title 2C:33-34 - Harassment.]

[Maryland: Note that your behavior is a violation of Maryland State Code Title 3, Subtitle 8, Section 3-802 - Stalking, Section 3-803 - Harassment, Section 3-804 - Misuse of Telephone Facilities, Section 3-805 - Misuse of Electronic Mail, Subtitle 9, Section 3-901 - Visual Surveillance, Section 3-902 - Visual Surveillance with Pruient Intent and Section 3-906 - Divulging Private Communications.]

[Illinois: Note that your behavior is a violation of Illinois Compiled Statutes Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.3 - Stalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.4 - Aggravated Stalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 5/12-7.5 - Cyberstalking, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/1-1 - Harassment by telephone, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/1-2 - Harassment through electronic communications, Chapter 720 ILCS 135/0.01 - 135/2 - Harassing and Obscene Communications Act and Chapter 720 ILCS 135/0.01 Short Title Harassing and Obscene Communications Act.

[Massachusetts: Note that your behavior is a violation of Massachusetts Criminal Statutes Chapter 265:37 - Violations of Constitutional Rights, Chapter 265:43 - Stalking, Chapter 265:43A - Criminal Harassment and Chapter 265:14A - Annoying Telephone Calls]

[In Washington DC: Note that your behavior is a violation of Federal Criminal Statutes 47 USC 223(a)(1)(c) - Obscene or Harassing Telephone Calls in the District of Columbia or in Interstate or Foreign Communications; District of Columbia Code, Title 22, Section 504 - Threatened Assault in a Menacing Manner; Stalking

[Virginia: Note that your behavior is a violation of the Criminal Code of the Commonwealth of Virginia, 18.2-60.3A - Stalking, Class 1 Misdemeanor and 18.2-60.3B - Stalking, Class 6 Felony.]

[California: Note that your behavior is a violation of the California Penal Code Subsection 646.9 - Stalking and 422 - Punishment for Threats]

[Texas: Note that your behavior is a violation of the Texas Penal Code Subsection 42.072(a)(b)(c) - Stalking and Subsection 42.07(a)(b)(c) - Harassment]

[Federal: Note that your behavior is a violation of US Federal Laws 18 USC Subsection 2265 Full Faith and Credit, 18 USC Subsection 2261A Interstate Stalking, 18 USC Subsection 875(c) Interstate Communications, 47 USC Subsection 223(a)(1)(c) Harassing Telephone Calls in Interstate Communications]

[Interstate Statues: Note that your behavior is a violation of Federal Criminal Statutes 18 USC 2261A - Interstate Stalking and 47 USC 223(a)(1)(c) - Obscene or Harassing Telephone Calls in the District of Columbia or in Interstate or Foreign Communications]

[Additional US state-by-state anti-stalking laws are available at: State Laws

Should you willfully choose to continue your current course of action, I will not hesitate to file a complaint with the Police Department for your ongoing violations of the Criminal Laws noted previously.

This letter does not constitute exhaustive statement of my position nor is it a waiver of any of my rights and/or remedies in this and/or any other related matter.

We demand your immediate compliance, and furthermore that you confirm in writing that all violative activity will cease immediately.

Very truly yours,

(NAME)

Sent via Priority Mail/Delivery Confirmation

cc:

- Father Thomas G. Bohlin, Opus Dei US Vicar, Opus Dei North American HQ, Murray Hill Place Inc., 243 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY, 10016-4605
- [Your local Police Deparment /local Police Precinct]
- [Your local Campus Ministry Director/President, Young Adult Group President/Council Member, CYO Group President]

Posted by: Lifestyle ()
Date: June 28, 2005 05:31AM

Captain Porridge, I think you are doing a fantastic service to the world in your expose on Jung Myung Seok aka Joshua Jung & GACP. I can see why you became suspicious of the manager, given that he removed your warnings rather than thanking you for them, and he became hostile and threatening toward you, among other factors.

It is possible, not knowing all that transpired, that you attacked him wrongly or used a poor choice of words, and maybe you made some wrong assumptions, and I suppose you could apologize for that. On the other hand, you could be right! Regardless, your intent was to help others to avoid pain and suffering. I can see why you connected the dots the way you did. You offered an open-minded and humble response to the manager's defender.

The defender might not be aware of the devastating and destructive nature of organizations that fit the pattern of what we call "cults"; maybe he personally wasn't targetted and is therefore oblivious to the GACP recruiting tactics. He seemed more interested in defending his friend the manager than in learning about his group's association with a potentially dangerous organization. He tried to distract from your true purpose by ringing the "religious freedom" bell. Let him do some research himself on that group and see if he can still call this a matter of religious freedom. It's more a matter of freedom of thought!

Keep up the good work!!!! (You have my permission to paste this message on your board.)

Lifestyle

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: June 30, 2005 02:28AM

GREAT job on exposing the group!

I still get harrassed for expose on this message board. I haven't even done anything as forthright as you. Groups that control by manipulation will harrass by manipulation. The group probably won't take legal action against you, if you are correct in your postings! They can harrass and annoy you to no end (ugh). It's about as fun as living in a swarm of gnats.

Just shows how important it is for you to keep the information available.
Thank you for doing that in your way, and to Rick Ross for providing this forum. It would nice to be free of the gnats though. Any good exteriminators out there?

Regarding the suggested Cease and Desist order, I'd suggest you check w/ an attorney before filing it. My attorney advised me against it, as I cannot PROVE who harrasses me (like, who else would it be?? and they have a pattern of that type of harrassment).

My attorney advised that if I file the Cease and Desist in my state, lacking definitive proof of the perpetrators, then the cult could sue me for legally harrassing them without cause.

Again, good work!
toni

Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: August 22, 2005 12:22PM

Keep in mind, that the Cease and Desist Letter is a warning that the person's behavior is what *you* consider harassing behavior - not them. It is difficult, but not impossible, to prove harassment, but it is a possible to have a documented paper trail that you have informed the cult members that the totality of their behavior is, in your opinion, harassment. And it is your opinion that counts, not theirs. Sending a letter to Cease and Desist via FedEx Ground is not like filing a court case against them; it is building a trail of evidence against them in preparation for an arrest and/or civil suit should they continue. Keep in mind in criminal cases in order to get a guilty conviction one needs a high level of evidence - enough to prove "Beyond a reasonable doubt." Civil cases require a lower bar of proof - that of "a preponderence of evidence". Whether one chooses the arrest or the civil suit (say in small claims court), the paper trail of Cease and Desist Letters would be vital to proving the case.

As an example, let's take a guy who won't take no for an answer from a woman he is trying to date. He calls, leaves messages, sends flowers, and waits for her outside her building. In his mind, he is not harassing her, just being persistent in trying to date her. In the woman's mind, she feels that she is being stalked and harassed. It is not that each of the acts of the man are individually illegal, it is all of the acts taken *as a whole* that are illegal since they add up to harassing behavior. Thus the woman has to document that totality of action to the guy (and the courts) in a Cease and Desist.

Cheers -
Matt

Posted by: CaptPorridge ()
Date: August 24, 2005 03:28PM

Thanks guys for the words of support, sorry I haven't checked in here for a while

Haven't heard anything more from the guy who made the initial threats, but further to being informed Jung is wanted for rape by Interpol, he wrote a little "history of his soccer club" thread on his teams blog, mentioning GACP several times and it's founder personally as providing the inspiration for the creation of the club.

Other refrerences earlier in his blog show where ever the cult had events, he was there as well, urging team members and their families to attend.

Looks like I inadvertantly walked up to one of Jung's most comited followers and said "you're God is an asshole" :)

It sure was an interesting little adventure and shows a good insight into hopw this cult operates. One member either starting or infiltrating a non-cult body (uslaully sporing in nature) and then using that team to increase numbers at cult events.

I'm not sure whether it signifies a decline, or a change in tactics, but several cult websites have gone offline these past few months.
There's also a court case happening in Korea now between the cult and the Korean guys who run Korea's anti-cult site.
cult sued them, they counter-sued.
For any Korean speakers out there, here's a message board
[antijms.net]

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on them!

Thanks again for the advice and comments in this thread, I guess I always knew I'd get threatened one day for my site, and I always thought I wouldn't care, and I guess I don't,... but it's still not the best feeling.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.