Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
FAITH HEALING
Posted by: hello ()
Date: April 27, 2011 05:45AM

[www.channel4.com]

Sorry , don't know if this is in the right section, but this is an excellent programme on the scam of faith healing. Catch it before it's taken down.x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FAITH HEALING
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: April 27, 2011 07:59AM

This reminds me of big Marvin Andrews, Rangers legend! :-)

Marv injured the cruciate ligament in his knee while playing. This would normally put a player out for months but Marv (who claims to be a faith healer) chose not to have surgery as he believed God would keep him fit. He played on with this serious injury for about 12-18 months before the injury eventually caught up with him. He was quite an interesting fella big Marv, mad as a hatter but likable. He claims it was God who was keeping him fit despite the injury but for all we know he was in sheer agony during that period.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 27, 2011 03:23PM

I'll endorse that programme.
Derren Brown is always a worthwhile watch for the nitty gritty on these scams.

Date: April 27, 2011 09:26PM

More faith healing and football: Greg Hoddle, David Icke and who could forget Diego Maradona's 'Hand of God'?

When the stakes, financial and otherwise, are high rationality goes out the window.

Date: April 27, 2011 09:45PM

I'm sure Brown made a documentary about faith healing a couple of years ago. I remember him visiting a foreign scam artist who claimed he could cure blindness.

Hoddle tried to involve faith healer Eileen Drewery in the England set up if I remember correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2011 09:46PM by Apollo.

Date: April 27, 2011 11:07PM

Stoic
who could forget Diego Maradona's 'Hand of God'?

Who could forget Uri Geller moving the ball when Gary McAllister stepped up to take ''THAT'' penalty. :-(

Date: April 28, 2011 07:13AM

'I remember him visiting a foreign scam artist who claimed he could cure blindness.'

That was the Bronnikovs, a Russian? father and son team.
Some clips from that are here:

[camelswithhammers.com]

Truly appalling to see this pair scamming desperate blind people and promising to make them well. The mumbo jumbo method was a similar scam to the idea of kundalini, moving energy around the body at will, using hypnotically induced sensation.
Pure tosh.

Date: April 28, 2011 08:00AM

Hello, do you not claim to be a faith healer?

Date: April 28, 2011 09:33AM

What a bunch of con artists. The show dragged in parts but what a great ending. Pastor James Collins looked bamboozled!

It's hard to believe that people buy into this crap, but when religion is involved people become vulnerable.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 28, 2011 01:14PM

faith healing [www.randi.org]

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.