Opus Dei cult has stake in new pope
Posted by: mjr40 ()
Date: May 08, 2005 01:34PM

[www.odan.org]

No part of the Church has been so shrouded in conspiracy theory in recent years as Opus Dei, which has 85,000 members worldwide and espouses a very conservative form of Catholicism. Critics within the Church worry about its wealth and influence; Web sites accuse it of being a cult, and Brown's best-seller casts it as a dark, violent force within Christianity. Even its own members acknowledge it is too secretive and defensive.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 08, 2005 11:26PM

mjr40:

Thank you for the link. Fascinating article.

Does your local Opus Dei group leave you alone now?

Date: May 09, 2005 03:46PM

Toni -

You're welcome - glad you liked it.

The Opus Dei cult folks have drawn off for the moment, since I sent them another Cease and Desist Order a few weeks ago. How about you? Are the cult people still severely harassing you? Did you use a Cease and Desist against them?

Cheers -
Matt

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: May 09, 2005 10:08PM

M: Glad they're off your back.

Long story, my harrassment continues in insidious ways (just like their slow thought reform). Attorneys adviced me not to file a Cease and Desist , since I could not PROVE it's them. Another shaningans to untangle today related to fraudulent use of an online account. Yes, I have protections filed w/ various credit agencies.
As Cosmo wrote, cult busting is nasty business.

However, I learned that the group is moving from my geographic region (tks to effectiveness of postings).

Tks for keeping us informed about Opus Dei.

Take good care,
t :D

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: May 10, 2005 11:16AM

Mjr40 & Toni,

I realize that what I am going to say may not mean much now, however I will
trudge on with it....you both seem to be involved with a lot of inner strength, which is prob why you are able, today, to be posting here..."keep - the - faith" of yourselves, ALWAYS!

With souls like you laying-out your true feelings, you help the truth to be "out there!"

PAX

Date: May 17, 2005 04:00AM

Thank you Ultaware and Toni - that is very kind of you.

Toni - please note that the Cease and Desist does not have to be filed with any authorities, therefore you don't have to prove anything. All you are doing is sending it to the people you feel are involved and to the police. That way there is a record of the harassment, you are bringing the police into the loop and you are also putting the cults on notice that they are violating harassment laws. Be sure to send it via FedEx Ground or Postal Service Signature Confirmation so that you have proof that you sent it.

Cheers -
Matt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.