Church Of Christ...........
Date: December 30, 2004 07:08AM

I recently found a very bitter, extremely hate filled supposed Christian site on the web where all Pentecostal believers were violently attacked with vicious lies.

The site was maintained by the Church Of Christ Denomination, would their actions on the site qualify them to be considered as a hate group?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: laura ryan ()
Date: December 26, 2005 10:33AM

What is the site?

Posted by: PtolemyGlenn ()
Date: October 18, 2006 06:36AM

Being a member of the church of christ, I can assure you that it is not a hate group.

The normal COC is just like every other church, if there is hate being spewed from a COC church it is most likely the splitner cult group, which also go by COC but have very little in common.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 18, 2006 08:28PM

The so-called "International Church of Christ" is the splinter group started by Kip McKean during the 1970s.

See [www.cultnews.com]

I don't receive complaints about the mainstream churches of Christ, which is a very old movement of independent churches.

Re: Church Of Christ...........
Posted by: cultsurvivor22 ()
Date: June 05, 2010 02:05PM

I have heard bad things about the International Church of Christ and have seen a friend pulled into this group. It was as if their personality all of a sudden was changed by the group and they cut off almost all contact with the outside world, moving in with members of this group. I was invited to a party by this group before I knew about it and people were overly nice and friendly, love bombing. I do not recommend going to this groups' parties. Cults lie to trick people into joining their groups and prospective members will not be told about the groups true agenda. I heard that McKean came from another group before this, possibly a cult also.

Posted by: three ()
Date: May 11, 2011 11:31PM

ive seen the church OF CHRIST and heard them they can be ver stong in their beliefs of baptising saving a person

Posted by: Derek40 ()
Date: April 26, 2012 05:13AM

As stated the original CoC is not so much a problem or hate group, it is Kip McKean's splinter group.
The main problem is their time control and the use of a personal Disciple that you have to account your life to.
Possibly Kip McKean had good intentions when he started this group, but it was always going to lend itself to problems when people control other people.
Kip McKean has started another group with a new name - the International Christian Churches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.