Sourcebook for Norwegian Death Metal "Lords of Chaos"
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: May 12, 2012 06:25AM

quoted Lords of Chaos: The Bloody Rise of the Satanic Metal Underground New Edition [/i]

[www.amazon.com]

Moynihan is editor of Tyr, a traditionalist journal and in a band, Blood Axis. Thus Erik L and Garm spoke to him with some candor.

This material quoted below is useful for those of us peasants who keep society going, and the hot and cold water water available from the taps - thus sparing these aristocrats the need to do their own chopping of wood and hewing of water.

from an interview of Erik Lancelot and Garm of the group Ulver

DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELVES TO BE ALIGNED WITH BLACK METAL IN MUSIC AND IDEOLOGY?

Erik Lancelot:

Ulver was born out of the Black Metal scene, and on all of our releases so far except Kveldssanger, there can be no question about our alignment with Black Metal music. Our statements have also born evidence of related attitudes. However, bearing in mind the way Ulver has developed over the years both musically, lyrically, and philosophically, the label is becoming too limiting.

But what is behind Black Metal "ideology"? The source of Black Metal is Venom: beer-drinking, base-minded rabble, icons of Heavy Metal idiocy. The essence of Black Metal is Heavy Metal culture, not Satanic philosophy. Just look at our audience.The average Black Metal record buyer is a stereotypical loser: a good-for-nothing who was teased as a child, got bad grades in school, lives on social welfare and seeks compensation for his inferiority complexes and lack of identity by feeling part of an exclusive gang of outcasts uniting against a society which has turned them down. And with Heavy Metal as a cultural and intellectual foundation, these dependents on social altruism proclaim themselves the "elite"! Hah! Could it be more pathetic?

Garm:
In certain ways I still cherish Black Metal as it was definately the decisive factor for both my interests in music and the dark side. But since the early days I have matured quite a bit, and find it difficult to see myself asa part of this movement because alot of Black Metal people follow very fallacious and narrow concepts of life. I seek to be impeccable, and this can only be achieved through open-mindedness. This implies interests outside what is common in the above circles.

A lot of abominable developments have happened in the scene since I was truly involved, and I am sad to say that most of the people who now dominate this milieu are a bunch of conformist alcoholic losers with no genuine feeling for the concept and searching for an easy way to feel initiated into something eccentric and special. Black Metal now makes ignorant and unconfident young people feel warm and cozy, and functions more as a crutch for individual weakness than anything else. Now isn't that cute!

IS CHRISTIANITY IN NORWAY SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE BATTLED AGAINST?

Erik Lancelot:
Christianity is but one expression of herd mentality, and to battle against it is like battling against the nature of society. For as long as organized human societies exist, there will always be a division between the unconscious masses and conscious individuals. The Christian religion may wither and die, but only to be replaced by another philosophy glorifying the qualities of the herd. It lies not in the nature of the herd to live according to elitist ideals - their nature is to be cogwheels in the machinery of society, and the fact they follow a philosophy which glorifies this quality is aesthetically nauseating to the heretic, but still necessary for society to function.
The Satanist is an observer of society - to him, the world is like a stage, in relation to which he chooses sometimes to be a spectator, other times a participant, according to his will. He can watch from the outside and laugh, cry, sigh, or applaud depending on the effect the scenery has on his emotions; or he can throw himself into the game for the thrill; but his nature is always that of the watcher, the artist. He is not overly concerned with changing society, for his commitment to humanity is minimal.

So no, I do not bother to battle against Christianity. In what ways does it affect me? It fills me with disgust. But I feel not urge to take the role of a Messiah, teaching the blind how they should live.

Garm:
There is no logic in actively pursuing Christianity for a Satanist because this in no way benefits him. The "Christlings" legislate for the weak and worthless with humility, charity, subordination, guilt, and the taking of the world's burdens upon one's shoulders as their agenda. This is extremely easy for one of the Devil's party to take advantage of. The fact that they preach such degenrate morals prevents them, with a few unimportant exceptions, from being able to put out the emancipated spiritual fire in him. Instead they try by foolish means to talk him into changing his mind. Hah!

The cold, calculating scrupulousness of the heretic mind has infinite possibilities in such a society, and can but revel in cruel, selfish ecstasy. In this picture the "Christlings" are masochists, whilst he is the sadist holding the whip. If he was to set out and convert everyone to his line of thought, his world would look quite different, and we would no longer be able to touch the stars undisturbed. In my eyes this is nothing to strive for.

An appropriate example of how such futile aspirations may end is the case of Varg Vikernes: a neo-Viking martyr. A prophet of the ego who paradoxically enough chose to be the Jesus of his ideals, and now must suffer for it behind the walls of spleen. I have much respect for this man's conviction and courage, but not his sense of reality.

(VV was convicted of slaying Euronymous, an important mentor of the Death Metal scene, and sentenced to 21 years in prison. He will be released at age 42 in the next couple of years. )
The picture of perhaps a hundred militant "Satanists" believing they can start a war against Christianity with Heavy Metal as their spiritual banner is pathetic. I chose to oppose Christianity by growing in my knowledge rather than waste my life on illusive dreams ofa righteous world returning to the laws of nature. In our age the human brain is too complex to work after such systems anyway, and I see it as our destiny to be separated from them. Mankind has taken temporary control over these powers by means of technical intelligence, but soon enough this is what will blow us all into oblivion - and the reckless force behind this evolution is the triumphant mark of Satan.

All this said, I mind in no way attacks on Christianity, but I believe it is killing itself more rapidly than any church burner could ever dream of doing. After all, we live in the end of the second millennium and most people are enlightened to such a degree that they are capable of smelling rotten fish.

Additional reading material and bibliographies here

[traditionalistblog.blogspot.com]

Corboy note:

It is a not unfamiliar philosophy - see herd society as something to manipulate.

Compare with Carlos Castaneda's Warriors path, summarized by followers who survived.

Erasing Personal Integrity and other ‘Sorceric Techniques’
By David Worrell

The important practices we will be discussing kind of go hand in hand, so I'm going to name them up front, so you can intuitively begin to see how they fit together. The main practices for discussion will be: erasing personal integrity, avoiding responsibility, being available and unavailable at the precise turn of the ego, and worshiping self-importance.

While I foolishly have enough confidence in my fellow humans to imagine that just upon hearing these important terms they will already know what they mean, I am going to briefly spell them out anyway, as to how they interrelate, and in the end it will be obvious how all these traits combine in the "perfect practitioner" to make up the "mood of a warrior."

Erasing Personal Integrity

"Morals" are not the concern of a warrior. In other words, there is nothing which should ever be considered "good" or "bad" conduct. The only concern is with energy, with one's own energy, that is. Whatever you may do --- intentionally or otherwise --- to other people is in no way your concern, just as long as it doesn't get you down or hang you up in any way, energetically. Remember, a warrior is like a pirate, using people, taking everything they want. And so if anyone has a problem with anything you do or with you just taking anything you want, well, fuck 'em. :-)

Of course, lies don't matter. You lie to get what you want, and to make sure that you get what you want, no matter what. Simple. Now, you might think that this could cause problems with people getting angry with you (if they find out what you're really doing, and hey, they may not because you are never to be open or up-front about your activities)--but people getting angry or hurt is not a problem, because if you have no personal integrity, no explanations are ever needed. Let 'em get mad. Let 'em be hurt. Big fucking deal. If your lies and deceptions and hidden actions cause other people to have problems--if others waste enormous amounts of time trying to figure out what you are deceptively hiding, or lose ground following trails you left to mislead while in the process of getting what you want--well, it's not your problem is it? It's really so darned simple: you get what you want, you take what you want, and if anyone has a problem with that, then fuck 'em. Above all, no one pins you down. If someone else gets "pinned down" in some way as a result of your actions, well that's their problem isn't it?

Avoiding Responsibility

It kind of goes without saying that if no one knows what you are really doing, then people are going to have one heck of a time trying to hold you responsible or accountable for anything. So you don't have to worry about it at all! Isn't that great? :-) Little by little you must create a fog around yourself, so that no matter what you do, no one can catch up with you to do anything about it or make you answerable for your actions. So of course you must leave everyone who knows you well, or tries to get close to you, and you never reveal what you really do, not to anyone. Sure this may hurt the hell out others and it may cause them all manner of problems and inconveniences, but no one can ever cramp your style again, and that's all that matters.

Being available and unavailable at the precise turn of the ego. See, once again, the important thing to remember is that it's always, always about YOU. So you come and go as you please, and simply (wimply) vanish whenever it suits you. You get what you want, do whatever you want to do, and then you get out of reach. Yes, this means that most of the time when others may need or want something, you are simply not there, but that's no big deal of course, because ... it's always, always about YOU.

Worshiping Self-importance

It should now be very easy to see that everything in a warrior's life has to do with their own precious self, and nothing but their own precious self. Not only does a warrior not give a shit about friends, or relationships, or love, but a warrior doesn't waste time on crap like how people live in this petty little world--the schools, the political systems, the environment, etc. none of these things can be allowed to take one second of time from a warrior's primary concern: themselves. As a warrior, your own energy, your own journey is literally ALL that matters. It doesn't matter how much you cheat, or lie, or confuse, or even fuck other people up--it doesn't matter who or what gets ignored or discarded or trashed or abandoned or used, as long as you keep increasing your energy for your precious journey.

As promised, the mood of a warrior should now be totally obvious, and can be very succinctly summarized. The mood of a warrior is: Selfishness. It is like the selfishness of a very young child, except that it is natural and beautiful for a very young child to be selfish, and as children grow they naturally develop the ability to empathize and harmonize with the perspectives of others around them. Thus, in an adult, the "mood of a warrior," the total selfishness and concern for oneself to the exclusion of everything else is really a hideously regressive pattern, developmentally equivalent to the moral sense of ... oh...about a two-year old.

-----
"I cling to nothing..., therefore I have nothing to defend"

I.e., I build nothing in the world for anyone but myself, therefore I have nothing to defend (except myself of course).

I am committed to no one, therefore I have nothing to defend (except myself of course).

I have accomplished nothing worth fighting for, for anyone but myself, therefore I have nothing to defend (except myself of course).

In fact, I don't give a shit about ANYTHING but myself, therefore I have nothing to defend (except myself of course).

I cling to "clinging to nothing" and other "enlightened slogans", yet still say I have nothing to defend, but what I really have to defend (besides myself of course) is ... my non-moral morality slogans and my self-image as a big bad warrior.
[www.sustainedaction.org]

Others may act this out by seeing themselves as master poker players at the Great Game of life, only they never tell other persons this.

Or one might see oneself as a chess grandmaster and all other humans as high value pieces descending down to pawns.

Some may get into this chilly stance merely because they had to learn to do it to survive horrible life circumstances.

But the sad puzzler is that some come from seemingly 'good' social circumstances and go through life in this amoralmmanipulative way.

The worst is when they con enough people into believing empathy and morality are weakness or can be discarded if one is sufficiently 'advanced'.

I can glumly thank - barely - the gentlefolk of Ulver for letting the rest of the world know what this operators think of us.

Activate your BS detector people and dont bother to reason with them.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.