Guidelines and comments about this open forum
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 12, 2003 03:20AM

I would like to thank all the members for their participation and offer just a little input at this point.

As moderator of this board I am trying to allow as free of an exchange as possible with limited comment coming from me.

From time to time I have tried to either get a dialog going, or rein things in if they seemed to be getting a bit out of hand.

Please understand that one concern is preaching.

Sharing insights and explaining the basis for your thoughts and opinions is meaningful, but hammering people with too much preaching can be rude, become redundant and/or annoying.

This board wasn't created for proselytizing and/or preaching.

Please continue with your helpful commentary about groups and your insights regarding the topics listed. And feel free to comment about any article that is posted and/or a story explored through the weblog at [www.cultnews.com.]

Breaking stories, new articles, topics and analysis can be viewed easily from the main page, which changes daily.

A good group has developed here with a meaningful ongoing dialog that contains helpful information and insights. And the archive of this board is open to the public as a resource for non-members with a search engine.

This is a good thing. Let's keep it that way and expand upon it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: PK ()
Date: January 26, 2006 01:17AM

I'm very confused.

From what I've read about the people arressted in this case is that the are being set up by an FBI informant. One of the people had never been to the state where the arson they supposedly committed occured.

why does this website consider the so called ELF a cult?
[www.indymedia.org]

The Federal Bureau of Investigation issued a 65-count indictment on January 20, 2006 alleging that 12 people were involved in Earth Liberation Front (ELF) and Animal Liberation Front (ALF) activities in the United States spanning five years from 1996 to 2001. As a result of the Grand Jury investigation in Eugene, Oregon, the suspects have been charged in 17 arson and sabotage attacks on federal and private facilities in five states. No one was harmed in any of the incidents. Ongoing grand juries in San Diego and San Francisco are also targeting environmentalists and animal rights defenders.

The nation-wide sweep of arrests, dubbed “Operation Backfire”, has been declared by the FBI as a major hit to environmentalists and animal rights activists who engage in destruction of property as a means to defend wilderness and lives of animals. However, many suspect that the string of arrests falls in line with decades-long FBI covert intelligence operations aimed at disrupting and discrediting political movements. Part of COINTELPRO and other intelligence agendas, the FBI has been engaged in domestic surveillance activities and have been falsely targeting political activists since the 1960s.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 26, 2006 01:59AM

See [www.culteducation.com]

Only some of the groups or movements mentioned and/or listed here have been called "cults."

See [www.culteducation.com]

Some animal rights and environmental groups have become violent extremists, as have some anti-abortion activists.

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

This database includes information about such controversial groups.

Rather than dwell on political conspiracy theories the focus of this database is upon facts, for example criminal acts.

Posted by: Gulab Jamon ()
Date: January 27, 2006 03:00AM

rrmoderator
or reign things in

In this context, the correct word would be "rein", as in reins on a horse. Reign is to rule.

Love the site!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.