Looking for ex-cult members to share their experience for research
Posted by: PaPiNN ()
Date: June 04, 2019 03:27AM

I am currently in the process of writing a research paper on the "subculture of cults." I am looking for ex-cult members to answer some questions for my research, any and all responses are welcome and valuable. Thanks!

1. What was the name of this group?

2. How and why did you come to join this group?

3. What did you have to believe to remain a part of this group?

4. What forms of mind-control (manipulation through physical and/or psychological means) did this group employ? e.g. controlling behavior or information

5. How and why did you leave?

6. How did this group keep its members from leaving?

7. How did this group portray itself to people outside the group?

8. Was there a hierarchy of power? If so, how did you become higher in its ranks?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for ex-cult members to share their experience for research
Posted by: LWFlouisa ()
Date: June 05, 2019 08:13PM

1. What was the name of this group?

The main official group was called Figu, however I was part of an American division. In many ways it operates as a splinter group.

2. How and why did you come to join this group?

Mostly I was into the UFO field, and doing research. I wanted to observe the group at a distance, while making sure I didn't get to attached.

3. What did you have to believe to remain a part of this group?

They wanted me to believe that Billy Meier was the only person who had even be visited by aliens, nevermind all the countless other reports about different UFO abductees.

Also they wanted you to take at face value other things, like whether an "Artificial Human" essentially a robot created as ETs, didn't really count as human. Among even crazier stuff.

4. What forms of mind-control (manipulation through physical and/or psychological means) did this group employ? e.g. controlling behavior or information

A great deal of meditation and mindlessness. The use of ESP like practices as well, to try to get people to believe in different forms of telepathy.

5. How and why did you leave?

I was frusterated by the way it was managed, and had missed several group meetings in an effort to gradually ween myself off of the pressures of the group.

6. How did this group keep its members from leaving?

They didn't keep me from leaving. I'm not sure what ever happened to the online member named Hawaiian.

7. How did this group portray itself to people outside the group?

Similar to other UFO cults like the one in France.

8. Was there a hierarchy of power? If so, how did you become higher in its ranks?

There was definitely a hierarchy, this tended to be this guy named Ken, who obssessed quite a bit about dietary restriction. (Which incentally, was one of the main signs my family recognized.)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.