kindness at Choices rehab
Posted by: carol kashan ()
Date: August 30, 2009 08:17PM

Hi guys... first let me explain that my daughter was at Choices for over a year. As soon as she left, she was no longer a "friend" to anyone in the community. She was very hurt but this. She has remained sober and is a very helpful person to others in need, in fact she even went to 3 or 4 Choices weekends in Baltimore to "support" others. I feel that success is leaving a facility and coping with the problems that come along in a mature way. I feel that Choices teaches you to swim but never lets you get into the water. Heads up guys, we are all human and this behavior hurts people. Recently a bunch of kids came home for a weekend, everyone here knew about it because facebook tells them so, and decided that my daughter wasnt welcome to their home because when she left Choices, she said she was happy. And this was one of her best friends there. How sad that they cant look at the good and only focus on what everyone is doing "wrong". After awhile negativity gets old. CRK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2009 08:37PM by rrmoderator.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kindness at Choices rehab
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: August 30, 2009 10:18PM

carol kashan glad your daughter is sober and I'm sad that her friends are ostracizing her.

I understand from poster here that Choices is a "tough love" course similar to a teen "Boot Camp". People are yelled at, made fun of, etc. to break their addiction. Is this correct?

Re: kindness at Choices rehab
Posted by: Jerry Curl ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:13AM

Choices isn't tough love, it's an abusive cult. I understand tough love, and I believe that almost all addicts need it to break through the power of addiction. But community humiliation, threats on your personal safety, taking life-sustaining medications away from you (they are not medical doctors), and stealing your personal items including your mail is not tough love. It's criminal.

Carol, I feel for your daughter. Most people I know of that has left choices has been thrown away like a piece of trash, just like they did to your daughter. I even witnessed one client chasing down another who left in Winter Park and physically attack him. Tough Love?

Your daughter, like myself and many others, are living proof that there is a wonderful world of recovery outside of the confines of ccc.

JC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.