Recovering from exposure to Raelism
Posted by: restless ()
Date: February 07, 2009 04:47PM

About a week ago, I looked up Raelism (But I was also very new to cults at the time) and seeing all its beliefs
based on a twisted interpretation of the Bible, it all just possessed me!

But I didn't want it to be true and I figured I should look up more of it as well as the cult leader, Claude Vorilhon to find any faults in it and why he interpretated some parts of the Old Testament and not others, I was curious to know if he bent the New Testament as well but we can tell what he would've said.
Of course I knew it practises were wrong, especially cloning for selfish purposes but it was the beliefs that attracted me and I was trying to make comparisons between that and the Bible events normally known by Christians but instead of fighting off the cult's influence, I was being sucked in myself and nearly accepted it's ways. I even lost my appetite.

But one day, I came across an article on this website about Claude's background so I checked it out:
[www.culteducation.com]

Of course, I found it hard to believe. Especially when Roland said that Claude admitted having lied but some part of me still wanted to
believe in Raelism yet deep inside I knew it wasn't true. I managed to mostly get out of it, partially thanks to reading the bible, some particular verses warning against false teachers and prophets.

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive
heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who brought them- bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many wil follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up...

Right now because Raelism still has a grip on me, I think to myself what I read in the article on the link above and also the article explaining
the background of Claude's ex-wife, Christine in order to hold myself together but I'm still a little devastated.

Is there anyone here who happens to be ex-Raelian or knows any ex-Raelians? Because I'd be interested in how their experiences were: Why they joined and why they left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recovering from exposure to Raelism
Date: February 07, 2009 08:42PM

Oh, I forgot...

I wonder why Vorilhon used "Scientific knowledge" as a concept in his cult. Like Geniocracy and stuff.
Doesn't seem to tie in living a life of pleasure...

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: February 07, 2009 11:22PM

There have been some people from time to time who posted about Rael.

Raelian Movement? and child sexual abuse, pedophilia,
[forum.culteducation.com]

Raelians

I need information

Date: February 08, 2009 03:55AM

The Anticult
There have been some people from time to time who posted about Rael.

Raelian Movement? and child sexual abuse, pedophilia,

Raelians

I need information

Thank you. I've just made my next posts on the first listed thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.