A Hypnotic/Trance session in AMORC Monography 6 Atrium 1
Posted by: Michael Jones ()
Date: July 24, 2008 08:02AM

I found this experiment in the book “The Prisoner of San Jose” by Pierre Freeman.
I went back to the monograph and verify his description of the experiment. It is in monograph # 6 of Atrium 1. For those long time member that has the pre-1993 version of the monographs, you will find it in a different location but still in the Neophyte section. I have both version of the monographs but do not have time to search for the location in the old monograph.
AMORC gives specific instruction for the member to perform this experiment before studying this monograph. This of course put the member in a very suggestible state for the reading of the monograph. I have practice this experiment for many many times over my 25 years of affiliation to AMORC and never realized that I was hypnotising myself.

Atrium 1, Monograph 6
Remember we are sitting in from of a mirror with candles on a table and incense burning.

Experiment # 1

AMORC asks the member to concentrate on the light of a the two lighted candles for an undefined period of time.

Experiment # 2

AMORC asked the neophyte to extinguish one candle and leave the other
burning. He then must sit with his feet flat on the floor, executing four
or five neutral or normal breaths. Once he is completely relaxed, he
must focus on the lighted candle, taking care not to blink. He must
keep this focus until he feels he has become one with the candle.
During this experiment, the neophyte is asked to try not to be conscious
of himself or who he is. In other words, he should lose himself
in the object of his concentration. When losing focus, he should pause
momentarily and then renew his concentration, though no more than
twice at one time.
Then, he should relight the second candle and continue studying
the monograph. After reading the monograph completely, he should briefly meditate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A Hypnotic/Trance session in AMORC Monography 6 Atrium 1
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: July 24, 2008 10:52AM

yes, that is basic self-hypnosis, which makes you more Suggestible.
Using a candle to stare at, is a very common method.

Posted by: italsportkit ()
Date: July 28, 2008 04:18PM

I have read the book and its basically the author who thought that with amorc could find economic prosperity in the USA, he was from Haiti.
He didnt go to work because was studing all night, when he was going to marry instead of talking to the future wife he was reading books of amorc.
This is one of the most boring books I have ever read, and you can see in alll the book how sad is this man.
A total disaster of man.
He blame amorc for everything it did not work in his life, instead of blaming himself for his stupidity.
Its so obvious that if you just read books and study you will not find jobs and a life.
He is describing amorc almost like scientology where they force you to read and study 24 hours.
I am studing with amorc and I only dedicate a couple of hours a week so I dont know why he was on the studies 24 hours a day.
Please read the book and you will se how stupid is this man.

Posted by: peterhughes73 ()
Date: July 30, 2008 11:28AM

My Dear friend italsportkit (I should Frater/Soror) since you said you are a member of AMORC. I have read the book too. I think he did an excellent job of explaining the entrapping nature of the Rosicrucian teaching.

Stating you are studying with AMORC and dedicate a couple of hours a week is plain lie.

For explample setting your sanctum every thurday:
Unpack your candles, intall your minor, unpack your encens find the proper lighting for the room, find matches, find the right monograph, get your diary, get a pen,.. these seemingly simple task add up to at least one hour to simply prepare the sanctum for study.

Now some one from outside of AMORC might ask why pack and Unpack. Simple according to the Rosicrucian Order AMORC these are so sacred that they must be kept away from the eye of the "Profane"(I am using here AMORC loaded language).

Now, taking a shower or wash yourself before santum study, deep breathing, I forgot listen to sanctum music to put you in meditative mood,... all these AMORC basic manipulating techniques will absolutely add up to another hour...

Now Let mention the torturing time you spend trying to brige inside of your mind the complete non-sense statement of the monograph: "Up is down, down is up", "Actuality vs Reality", "Time does not exist",... of course all these has an AMORC purpose create disonance in the mind of the member, put the member into a very trance/hypnotic state. So the member becomes very suggestible and will not question the content of these monographs.

Now almost every monograph gives exercises for members to practice daily during the week and all these add up to at least 8 to 10 hours a week for a beginner.

As you get more advance AMORC gives members many new exercises to do and also force members into reviewing the early exercises.

So to tell that you spend two hours a week doing the AMORC study make me conclude that you are simply promoting the same advertising statement of AMORC.

But again if you are a member of AMORC, you have no choice because according to AMORC if you do not defend AMORC against anything critical of AMORC, you will lose the protection of the Eggregore of AMORC.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 18, 2008 10:25PM

Please read the book and you will se how stupid is this man.

Someone needs a refresher course in basic grammar--and in good manners.

Posted by: Nerveno ()
Date: October 28, 2008 07:05PM

So i come back again.

This exercise is not hypnosis. It is a form of Meditation. (concentration or decursive Meditation) its aim is to build concentration and while it can be used for self-hypnosis, its because of the Trance state you enter not the exercise itself. The above i learnt before AMORC.

What the authour doesnt add. Or you forgot to add. Is that there is an element of concious concentration involved in the exercise to attempt to percieve and change colors around the Candle. This therefore keeps your objective conciousness active. Reduceing the chance of your brain waves changing and entering a trance state suited for self-hypnosis.
They mentioned losing awareness of yourself and that around you. But do you not notice that when you concentrate hard enough? You cannot truly concentrate while taking note of external stimuli. They also ask you to meditate briefly on a question they pose to you about the exercise.

The way you word the exercise (basically not in its full form you miss bits out) of course it will change the way people think of it. So please, include the full explanation. With you Michael, you claimed to be a long standing member so i thought you would know this exercise well.

With regards to the sanctum. They never tell you to disassemble it. They even suggest that the Sanctum be permenant only temporary if you have to. They never mention the word "Profane" simply they suggest you do not show to people because they may make mis-informed decisions about what it is and means.

With regards to the time. I dont know how it takes you an hour to set up. I keep everything i need right next to my Sanctum. Takes about 5 minutes. And if it takes longer than the time given by AMORC. So what? In all honesty if you wish to study you will make time and fit it around your life like i do.

I hope this post cleared up the incorrect first post.

Posted by: Michael Jones ()
Date: December 11, 2008 10:35AM

Below is an experiment sent to the blog of Pierre Freeman by a frater J.K. I am posting it below because I think some might find it “interesting” is you take it out of the cultic environment of AMORC. It is in Monograph # 21 (or 20) of Illuminati monograph degre 11
[www.theprisonerofamorc.typepad.com]

Post date it December 06, 2008

AMORC The Aura Experiment Part I

Dear Brother Freeman,
I hope your readers appreciate these experiments that we are sharing with them. The experiments by themselves do not do any harm. The fact that AMORC packages them with their mind control technique is the harmful part. It is exactly the same principle for Bible study. Bible study is good but when a Bible Based Cult packages the study with their mind control techniques it becomes harmful.
Send your AMORC’s exercises with comments for posting to:
PierreFreeman@ThePrisonerofSanJose.com
Comment:
……We want to call your attention most of all to the fact that it is possible to act on our aura and, through its mediation, to stimulate our vitality, to awaken our psychic being, and to make our soul more receptive to the inspiration of the Cosmic. This is how you should proceed in this objective.
EXPERIMENT:

To start with, sit with your back as straight as possible, with your hands on your lap and feet on the floor, slightly apart from each other.
While in this position, close your eyes and relax for a few moments[A member of AMORC that follow the instruction is always very stressed] while taking deep neutral breaths.
Return to your normal breathing, then visualize yourself surrounded by
an aura radiating a bright red color. While doing this, intone the vowel sound MAR[AMORC claims that this sound is their personal property], aloud if possible.

After about two minutes of this visualization, see yourself surrounded by an aura radiating a bright blue color. While doing this, intone the vowel sound THA[AMORC claims that this sound is their personal property], aloud if possible.
After having spent about two minutes with this visualization, see yourself surrounded by an aura radiating a bright violet color. While doing this, intone the vowel sound OM[AMORC claims that this sound is their personal property], aloud if possible.

After about two minutes of this visualization, remain receptive for a few moments and then end this special exercise.
The visualization of the color red and the intonation of the vowel sound MAR enable us to stimulate our Vital Life Force and increase our vitality. The color blue and the vowel sound THA act on our psychic being
and all the functions that are part of it. As for the color violet and the vowel sound OM, their positive influence is exerted directly on the soul. In this particular experiment, the aura is therefore a medium in which the physical, psychic, and spiritual activity of our being is stimulated. If you carry out this experiment regularly, you will feel its benefits without any doubt[If a slave/member does not find the benefits mention above he/she torments himself about not follow the instruction properly. This is exactly why many members copy these monograph in their diary so that they can study the instructions on the job, on the bus and every where as a way to make sure they have the instruction right].

J.K.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.