Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Life after a cult
Posted by: firefly ()
Date: March 22, 2007 06:53AM

Jus to nit-pick but that scripture is actually in john 3:16 (not matt)

Abigail1977, if there is one truth that stand when all else is stripped away, it is that God loves us, full stop.
I firmly beleive that God did not cause your cancer. its not a chatisement from God. It sounds like the people in that place were extreemly paranoid.

In zephaniah 3:17 it tells us that God will quiet us with his love, and that He rejoices over you with singing. It is one of my favourite verses and always brings me comfort. Just to think that the God who made everythin, all this earth, all the stars and is bigger than it all has a song for me. It blows my mind that he even bothers with us, but more than that he has composed a song that is just for each of us and sings it over you.
Look it up and see for your self- it is most joyous!

Options: ReplyQuote
Life after a cult
Date: March 22, 2007 07:11AM

Doh!! just testin everyone to spot the deliberate mistake!!! thanks firefly

Life after a cult
Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: March 26, 2007 02:57AM

Abigail 1977, If there really is a God (my opinion aside), then that god loves you and all of us and would not torture or punish us with illnesses, disease, or other misfortunes. Whatever is out there is a loving, caring presence - not some mean-spirited, jealous, vengeful entity. What happens to us in life is just stuff that randomly happens, nothing personal or intentional. If there is any design to it all, it is simply there for our personal growth, spiritually, emotionally, etc. How we choose to handle or deal with life's misfortunes is what's important - especially if we become better, stronger, more caring human beings as a result. If there is a god, he/she/it is on our side - not against us.

Life after a cult
Posted by: sametanner ()
Date: March 26, 2007 03:02AM

Abigail 1977, One last thing. The cult you were in was wrong. If God exists, then God loves you...period. The only party that didn't love you was the cult that chose to pass judgement upon you for leaving.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.