For Sale: Repackaged Belief Systems
Posted by: facet ()
Date: March 11, 2020 06:06AM

I’m not sure if this is the correct place to post this, I am sorry in advance if it isn’t.

I found something in common with lots of these cults and cult type groupings and followings, which is that many of them are a re packaged, or re purposed belief system (or set of) that is then put out for profit.

How dreadful must it be for various cultures to see long held traditional beliefs abused in this way?

Cult behaviours affect much more of a scope than I had originally realised. It’s not just us survivors it is also entire traditional generations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2020 06:07AM by facet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: Repackaged Belief Systems
Posted by: facet ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:12AM

Approximately every psychopathic personality structure that I have studied, is a plagiarist of some area or another.

Plagiarism turns up in surprising places, most notably here on the thread subject as repackaged belief systems that originate elsewhere, though also in creative works (writing, music, the arts), right down to mimicking exact fonts and text formatting that others would usually use.

Why does a cult leader (or psychopath) plagiarise? It’s not just about money.

I believe the reason is that a cult leaders (psychopaths) sense of self, as it is already said across psychology backgrounds, is completely and utterly lacking.

It’s funny, it is often that people go to a cult leader with the question “who am I”, but these people have no clue who they even are themselves and likely never will.

If as a person I don't feel like I know who I am, then it seems completely obvious how I would have ended up finding others who quite literally sit in the same seat but just are too afraid to say it out loud.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.