Are any spiritual practices ok to do?
Posted by: allalong ()
Date: December 20, 2019 09:27AM

Yoga, meditation, Zen-Buddhism, etc. What's safe to do? I'm distrustful right now of anything new-agey or spiritual due to my experiences.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are any spiritual practices ok to do?
Posted by: Incultrecovery ()
Date: April 13, 2020 08:52PM

What needs of yours are you trying to meet? I used to do a lot of yoga but now have moved on to more dance and Pilates. I have also meditated but now prefer to use grounding skills and refocus my thoughts. But I hear you after leaving groups I think it’s good to be skeptical.

Re: Are any spiritual practices ok to do?
Posted by: allalong ()
Date: May 05, 2020 11:39PM

Incultrecovery Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What needs of yours are you trying to meet? I used
> to do a lot of yoga but now have moved on to more
> dance and Pilates. I have also meditated but now
> prefer to use grounding skills and refocus my
> thoughts. But I hear you after leaving groups I
> think it’s good to be skeptical.

I still occasionally do basic yoga or short meditations. Can you expand on the grounding skills you use and how to refocus your thoughts? Is that like mindfulnesss?

The needs I'm trying to meet--to help with depression and anxiety but not anything too spiritually deep like Eckart Tolle, the spiritual side of yoga, etc. These things were the antithesis of grounding.

That's interesting you're doing dance and pilates. I love music and am trying to figure out how to incorporate that into my life. I used to do Pilates, too, but I injured my neck. Right now I'm doing light exercise with bands and body weight.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.