Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 17, 2013 03:08PM

Rare photo of The Dear Leader Ikeda eating humble pie before the priesthood, back in the 70's. I never saw this one published in any "official" N$A-$GI-Weird Tribune-$eikyo Times-Daibyakurenge-$GI Graphic propaganda publications.

[sudati.iinaa.net]

- Hitch

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: April 17, 2013 10:17PM

*Forbidden* >:(

Got any other source? Can you take an image capture and post it to an image hosting service like Photobucket and link us to there?

Date: April 18, 2013 02:13AM

This is obviously the "great man" himself: [1.bp.blogspot.com]

WTF?? It's captioned "The Buddha of the Modern Age" *snork*

"Never Succumb to Rationality" -- SGI Sokahan Chief

'"The important thing is to use the Gohonzon and strengthen our faith without succumbing to rationality."
^That is from a Soka/Byakuren meeting in Italy; here is the site: [www.ilvolocontinuo.it]

And here is the sentence in the original: L’importante è utilizzare il Gohonzon e rafforzare la nostra fede senza soccombere alla razionalità.

I'm sure you can use a translation facility just as easily as I can - the translation above is accurate O_O

Rationality? BAH! Who needs it when we've got us a perfectly serviceable little fat Japanese rich old fart to worship and throw money at??

Site: [kemponhokke.blogspot.com]

One more excerpt:

When SGI Stops Lying About Us We Will Stop Telling The Truth About Them

When we supply pictures of SGI members groveling before forty foot banners of Daisaku Ikeda or his semi-nude bronze Sho Hondo relief, they are real photographs and real incidents, not made up fantasies within the warped minds of Soka Gakkai members and leaders.
OH SNAP!!!!

"Nichiren Said That but Meant This" -- SGI - with a picture of an oily looking guy wanting to do card tricks for money.

Less Afflictions and Untimely Deaths in the Kempon Hokke Yuh huh *eye roll* They *ALL* say that. "Christians live longer." "Good Catholics get healed at holy sites." "Some researchers in Japan were studying heart disease and found a whole city area that had significantly lower rates than everyone around them - and it turned out that all the families in that area were Soka Gakkai!" Yuh huh. Tell me another while I make sure my wallet is safely tucked away.

They *ALL* like to say that. Hogwash! Balderdash! Facts need not apply! Remember? We need faith, not rationality!!

Date: April 18, 2013 02:44AM

Let's try that again, shall we . . . .

Attachments: Bow.gif (33.4 KB)  
Date: April 18, 2013 04:02AM

In case anyone is disturbed by the levels of shadefreude being displayed on this thread, let me just point out that one of the ways the cult keeps its members under control is by repeatedly insisting that the cult is the "best" possible social group, a true "family-like" organization that provides the absolutely superlative conditions for personal growth and happiness. Of course we all want to believe that. It takes a while for the icky reality to overcome the desire to believe that one has found a true spiritual and social "home", and when one finally is able to see it for what it is, one is often pretty darn pissed off. At the cult for its lies, but at oneself as well, for allowing one's needs and desires to override one's own rationality and critical thinking.

I post these uncomplimentary anecdotes and article excerpts because it is very helpful, especially when overcoming cult indoctrination, to realize that my own observations are not only accurate but shared by a great many people. As social animals, we seek validation, and it's a good way to check our own reactions. If many people are having the same reaction, that's significant. Granted, as Gandhi famously said, "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth", and I've been there many times. When I outgrew Christianity. When I outgrew the SGI. At those points in my life, I was all alone with my rejection of what had been presented to me as the only "truth". Even all alone, I could see it was not. But it is certainly heart-warming and entertaining to learn of others who share my outcome, if not my process, to the point that we can compare notes. That's a wonderful thing - community when it counts.

Date: April 18, 2013 05:29AM

More deprogramming images of The Dear Leader (pics you'll never see printed in "official" Gakkai Cult Org. publications). This one is also related to the one posted just above. I don't think this is an easy or comfortable position (literally & metaphorically) for Porky:

Attachments: Bow 2.gif (38 KB)  
Date: April 18, 2013 05:31AM

And here is the first one again, in better quality:

Attachments: Bow (Better Quality).jpg (89.2 KB)  
Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: April 18, 2013 06:06AM

Quote:
"Never Succumb to Rationality" -- SGI Sokahan Chief
'"The important thing is to use the Gohonzon and strengthen our faith without succumbing to rationality."

Talk about mind conditioning, here is the enslaving SGcult's 24/7 bottom line for all to see. Throw rationality out the window (and keep your minds filled with cult mush.) When I count to three and snap my fingers, you will reach into your pockets and donate!

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: April 18, 2013 06:14AM

TaitenAndProud
In case anyone is disturbed by the levels of shadefreude being displayed on this thread, let me just point out that one of the ways the cult keeps its members under control is by repeatedly insisting that the cult is the "best" possible social group, a true "family-like" organization that provides the absolutely superlative conditions for personal growth and happiness. Of course we all want to believe that. It takes a while for the icky reality to overcome the desire to believe that one has found a true spiritual and social "home", and when one finally is able to see it for what it is, one is often pretty darn pissed off. At the cult for its lies, but at oneself as well, for allowing one's needs and desires to override one's own rationality and critical thinking.

I post these uncomplimentary anecdotes and article excerpts because it is very helpful, especially when overcoming cult indoctrination, to realize that my own observations are not only accurate but shared by a great many people. As social animals, we seek validation, and it's a good way to check our own reactions. If many people are having the same reaction, that's significant. Granted, as Gandhi famously said, "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth", and I've been there many times. When I outgrew Christianity. When I outgrew the SGI. At those points in my life, I was all alone with my rejection of what had been presented to me as the only "truth". Even all alone, I could see it was not. But it is certainly heart-warming and entertaining to learn of others who share my outcome, if not my process, to the point that we can compare notes. That's a wonderful thing - community when it counts.

Amen, T&P! We have an important mission to educate and support each other, here, there, and everywhere. It has been one year since I joined this community, and I am ever so grateful for the forum and the wonderfully astute and caring people that populate it. Appreciation!

Spartacus

Date: April 18, 2013 09:22AM

This is a rare glimpse into a hardcore circle / gathering, while singing "Forever SENSEI!!" It is slightly reminiscent of the kind of activities that I experienced while in the YMD.

I classify it as hardcore "lite", due to the somewhat fast pace, yelling, ad-lib echoing of song phrases, frantic arm waving with closed fists and the lead cheerleading going on. Hardcore "deluxe" would be what I saw while in --> people literally screaming at the top of their lungs, wild-eyed, spittle flying from mouths, real tears flowing, sobbing, shaking, trembling voices, etc..

If you watch it thru to the end, they appear to have a new $GI-Cult Cheer (when I was in, there were many variations, such as: "AAO!", "Shishi Funjin!", "RAH!", etc.). Every time they did this end cheering, I wanted to crawl under my seat.

Now (or at the time this clip was made) it appears to be "Who's in the house?!?!" "$GI's In The House!!"

[www.youtube.com]

(As a side note, you always had to be extra careful not to get too close to others during those powerful fist-gripped arm waving times, lest you get accidently hit from some other whacked out gakkai cultie crazed out of their mind and going nuts as the kool-aid washes over them. It happened to me and I was accidently struck once. And, yep, the guy next to me who did it was one of the prototypical gakkai cult org. zombie member YMD, who always had an over abundance of mindless enthusiasm, but was severely deficient in the brains department. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it still kind of pisses me off to remember some of this stuff.)

The YWD have their own version, "Ikeda Kaiyo Kai." A sampling of some of the lyrics:

"Like a father you cheer us on

True disciples for eternity

Ikeda Kayo-kai

We seek from you, Sensei
In rhythm with your life each day

We awaken to our vow
Illuminated bright as the sun
Like Kaneko’s embracing smile
True disciples for eternity

Ikeda Kayo-kai

Thank you, Sensei!"

I see that Kaneko (Mrs. Dear Leader) is now "officially" included as part of the Kool-Aid ingredients (this was never the case when I was in).

Crazy a@@!! end cheer, YWD tailored, included. Also note guttural YMD support cheer afterward. ALL typical semi-hardcore "YOUTH!" Gakkai Cult Org. automaton standard behavior models.

[www.youtube.com]

Both video clips are shaky, because of the adrenaline and dopamine excess and overflow states by the person filming.

CULT!

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.