Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:19AM

When I was in the Gakkai, I was always spaced out, rarely focused [except on Gakkai activities]. Rather than taking care of family, career, and my own spiritual development, I was taking care of the SGI. I lost many things, keys, money, checks, jobs, apartments, certificates and even when I would gain something I would quickly lose it. I can't remember one important thing I lost since leaving the Gakkai. I continue to chant but with a different worldview.

Nichijew

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lthomas ()
Date: November 09, 2011 02:18PM

Hello, it's been a very long time since I have been on this forum. Since then (without the chanting) I have studied abroad in Europe for five months and have been pursuing my degree in Radio and TV. I have been very well and every now and then have an urge to chant but not really. It feels good to no longer struggle with the fact that nothing bad is going to happen with me if I do not chant. As a matter of fact I still run into SGI members in my neighborhood at least once or twice a week. They no longer pester me to come to meetings because I have put my foot down and have let them know that I am done with it. I don't have my gohonzon anymore and that is fine with me as well. However, I still have one or two close friends who are in the organization and have no knowledge of this. Eventually in time I will tell them that I no longer have it but right now I am not ready. The memories of being a member in SGI at times are becoming very faraway and at times I chalk it up as an experience that shaped me to be the person that I am in spite of all it's negativity. With that being said I know that their will be other experiences that do this as well.

Take Care Everyone:-)

Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: November 10, 2011 12:40PM

Hi, Ithomas. So glad to hear that everything is well and that you have been doing such interesting things!

President for Life: Daisaku Ikeda SGI, and Idi Amin
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 13, 2011 11:13AM

There is a movie about Idi Amin called The Last King Of Scotland.
In the Idi Amin biography [en.wikipedia.org] it lists the string of titles that Idi awarded to himself, as he was a meglomaniac.

"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Alhaji Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE"

Ikeda is also President For Life.
Has purchased a string of bogus doctorates [en.wikipedia.org] and bogus degrees and fake titles.

Idi Amin called himself the "uncrowned king of Scotland".
Ikeda said "I am the king of Japan"

Ikeda is such a meglomaniac, he even has his webmaster say on his website..

(All banner photos by Daisaku Ikeda) www.daisakuikeda.org

Meawhile its obvious those are purchased STOCK photographs, especially the panorama shots of the mountain.

Meanwhile, its been proven Ikeda has obviously used hired ghostwriters, Ikeda is not a writer, he's a fake.

Ikeda says he tried to get political power starting back in 1955, and of course claims "persecution" which actually looks like attempts at some kind of vote-rigging by SGI. Ikeda says his signed confession was a forced confession. [www.daisakuikeda.org]

What would Ikeda have done if he had gotten into power?
The megalomania of Ikeda is off the charts.

And the so-called biography of him on his own website, is unreadable, just propaganda trying to reframe the events of his life.

In fact, Ikeda was excommunicated, as he should have been.
Ikeda cannot be called a "Buddhist" by any measure.

Ikeda is simply a businessman and a multibillionaire, running a cult of personality for his own benefit and his family.
Its interesting that most people in the west have a gut-level revulsion to Ikeda.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2011 11:26AM by The Anticult.

Re: President for Life: Daisaku Ikeda SGI, and Idi Amin
Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: November 14, 2011 04:34AM

The Anticult
There is a movie about Idi Amin called The Last King Of Scotland.
In the Idi Amin biography [en.wikipedia.org] it lists the string of titles that Idi awarded to himself, as he was a meglomaniac.

"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Alhaji Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE"

Ikeda is also President For Life.
Has purchased a string of bogus doctorates [en.wikipedia.org] and bogus degrees and fake titles.

Idi Amin called himself the "uncrowned king of Scotland".
Ikeda said "I am the king of Japan"

Ikeda is such a meglomaniac, he even has his webmaster say on his website..

(All banner photos by Daisaku Ikeda) www.daisakuikeda.org

Meawhile its obvious those are purchased STOCK photographs, especially the panorama shots of the mountain.

Meanwhile, its been proven Ikeda has obviously used hired ghostwriters, Ikeda is not a writer, he's a fake.

Ikeda says he tried to get political power starting back in 1955, and of course claims "persecution" which actually looks like attempts at some kind of vote-rigging by SGI. Ikeda says his signed confession was a forced confession. [www.daisakuikeda.org]

What would Ikeda have done if he had gotten into power?
The megalomania of Ikeda is off the charts.

And the so-called biography of him on his own website, is unreadable, just propaganda trying to reframe the events of his life.

In fact, Ikeda was excommunicated, as he should have been.
Ikeda cannot be called a "Buddhist" by any measure.

Ikeda is simply a businessman and a multibillionaire, running a cult of personality for his own benefit and his family.
Its interesting that most people in the west have a gut-level revulsion to Ikeda.

The Anticult...People have a revulsion now more than ever in the west to Mr. Ikeda because they have low tolerance for Cults of Personality. People have worshiped and respected the Rev. Billy Graham for decades, but you don't get the same feeling about his flock, as an example. Sometimes looking at Oprah's empire, I see a comparison to President Ikeda. She's got her hands in everything, down to having her own network and her face on the cover of O every month. But she's not asking America to bow down and mention her name in awe and reverence every 5 minutes.

The SGI just wants everyone to talk incessantly about P.I, how great he is, (just like he claims he and Mrs. Ikeda "talked incessantly" of their mentor, Josei Toda).

I bet he wishes he was Oprah.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 15, 2011 11:57AM

Ikeda is far far richer than Oprah!
Again, you have to wonder, its impossible for all of those SGI billions to have come from mere "donations". Sure, many many millions were collected in donations.

But there seems to be mysterious billions which have flowed into SGI, and then were repeatedly moved all over the world, as the money was put through the washing machine.

Maybe one day, some outside authorities in Japan will do a complete investigation.
Maybe some former insiders will leak some documents and information.

Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: November 16, 2011 12:25AM

The Anticult
Ikeda is far far richer than Oprah!
Again, you have to wonder, its impossible for all of those SGI billions to have come from mere "donations". Sure, many many millions were collected in donations.

But there seems to be mysterious billions which have flowed into SGI, and then were repeatedly moved all over the world, as the money was put through the washing machine.

Maybe one day, some outside authorities in Japan will do a complete investigation.
Maybe some former insiders will leak some documents and information.

Occupy SGI!!!!!!!

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: November 25, 2011 12:54AM

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nichijew

Posted by: ohforreal ()
Date: December 02, 2011 05:21AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've been a member of SGI for nearly four years and, after starting university at Soka U of America, have stopped practicing almost completely. I started noticing things, became uncomfortable with the amount of Ikeda worship from the members, and flat out got angry. I don't need someone to tell me anything about what kind of faith I have or what kind of faith I should have. I don't need someone to tell me that good things will happen to me if I donate my savings (besides, as a typical broke college student, I'm taking care of myself first, thanks). My connection to Ikeda is nonexistent, and that bothers a lot of members.

So, while I agree about the shady business revolving SGI, it kind of upset and disappointed me to see some people refer to Ikeda as "fat Jap" or other derogatory terms. There's no need for name calling or using such a terms for Japanese. Regardless of what kind of person he is and what he's doing with the organization, we should focus on revealing the kind of person he is and not focusing on insulting him or degrading him. We'd be stooping far lower than him, because at least he keeps away from name calling (even if it is to keep up with an act). It also disappointed me to see how quick people jump to assumptions about the intentions of anything revolving SGI. Yeah, shady and deceitful people run it, but we shouldn't be rising in arms if someone in the organization gets a paper cut, either. Let's focus on the facts and personal experiences.

Please continue raising awareness about this but please be aware of the language you're using. I came to this forum looking for support and to see if others felt the same way, but was kind of put off by the unnecessary name calling and accusations.

I don't mean to offend anyone. I'm just posing a concern as an outsider trying to learn more. Thanks for all your hard work.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: December 02, 2011 09:56AM

I agree..."Fat Jap" is very offensive and uncalled for. It doesn't help with the conversation going forward.

I think "Lying Body and Mind Rapist" is a better term.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.