Thank you guys!
@wakatta1 - I have been chanting to eliminate my fundatmental darkness (I have many), I have been chanting for my head not to split into 7 pieces, and to focus on the One True Law.
SGI pushes every angle they can. For those succeptable to group "responsibility" they argue you chant to build "unity" and through that act of mercy the "group" continues and can "save" more (unsuspecting) people.
For the solitary boddhisattva's they preach "save thine own ass first".
For the party people they preach "buddhism is like a barrel of potatoes rolling down a hill, they rub against one another and purify themselves as they roll".
For family types they preach "save your children by shakubuku-ing them and if possible, shakubuku their friends and their families too"
When you go into a big casino you can easily see that the odds are always in favor of the "house". If your odds of winning at blackjack are 1%, the odds are 99% in favor of the house. No matter which way you believe in SGI, they will win. The only way they lose is if you see through the illusion and take control of your own destiny.
So chanting for the "group" (han, district, chapter, hombu, whatever) merely is part of the spiderweb that members find themselves tangled up in. Living in confusion and illusion is roughly equivalent to having your head broken seven ways...