Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: August 25, 2010 12:32AM

tsukimoto, great summary!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: August 25, 2010 11:24AM

@ The Anti-Cult, You wrote, "To the followers, President Ikeda Daisaku is the 2nd coming of Christ. They brainwash their members that SGI is fighting for world peace and all they show is president Ikeda meeting dignitaries around the world. With all the money they collect from members who are known to donate generously, they don't contribute to disasters around the world, instead of helping out in third world countries by building schools or hospitals they went and built the Soka university in Los Angeles when the U.S already thousands of Universities." This is why I love this message board. I never thought of what you wrote, Anti-Cult. You are so right. Since SGI is so wealthy why don't they build excellent schools or hospitals with cutting-edge resources in struggling countries instead of here? We don't need any more universities, hospitals, or charter schools in the US. In fact, the appearance of Soka University in LA and the high school in Boston suggests that SGI thinks it has a superior product. Given the near billion spent on the university why has SGI refused to help people in countries where the help is really needed? The SGI Culture center in Panama is not even air-conditioned, although the average daily temp in Panama is almost 90 with high humidity at least half of the year. Forget about introducing high caliber schools there if SGI won't even air condition the center. However, I must admit that if SGI were to try to indoctrinate young people in developing countries maybe that would be worse than doing it here where there is a lot of publicity and monitoring.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2010 11:27AM by doubtful.

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: August 25, 2010 04:33PM

doubtful
@ The Anti-Cult, You wrote, "To the followers, President Ikeda Daisaku is the 2nd coming of Christ.

If i am not mistaken in the Ghandi, King, Ikeda video, one of the talking heads equates Ikeda to a modern day Jesus Christ! It's quite a few years ago that i saw this, but i am sure that is what was said. Can anyone remember?

Date: August 25, 2010 11:05PM

Gakkai Mens Flag and Motto

Please check the flag and motto's, what kind of 'Buddhism' is this?

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: August 25, 2010 11:50PM

TheVoid
... what kind of 'Buddhism' is this?

No Buddhism at all maybe? The article 'explaining' the flag I find just as disturbing as the flag itself.

Date: August 26, 2010 01:28AM

Rothaus
TheVoid
... what kind of 'Buddhism' is this?

No Buddhism at all maybe? The article 'explaining' the flag I find just as disturbing as the flag itself.

I agree it's crazy

link for young womens pledge to their ETERNAL mentor Ikeda

Scroll down and read the pledge cards

I am willing to put a large wager on that, when Ikeda dies (though he is Eternal apparently) an Ikeda Gohonzon will replace the Nichikan Gohonzon, and that Shakyamuni, Nichiren, Ikeda will be pushed as the latest 3 treasures. Is that insane or a just a very real possibility?

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: August 26, 2010 03:17AM

Again, for the record, I didn't write the above QUOTE, its a QUOTE excerpt from a comment on the Japan Today website. Its marked as a...
Comment QUOTE:

[www.japantoday.com]

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: August 26, 2010 04:02AM

Under the 2010 Women's Activity Guidelines there is a section entitled: Supporting Young Women and Young Women graduates. Here is part of it:
""President Ikeda has aptly stated, 'Today's Soka Gakkai too, has been built by women who, since they were young, have dedicated themselves tirelessly for the sake of kosen rufu, with the determination of 'Joans of Arc' of the Mystic Law'. An Ikeda quote from the April 19, 2002,p. 7 World Tribune.
Thank You SGI's Barbara Snyder who submitted this to the guidelines. Now I remember the name of the person who led that so called discussion group that I drove 3 hours to attend in NYC in which someone from our group went up to the microphone on stage to share your story of meeting Daisaku Ikeda in California when he came over to the states in 1990. I wrote many pages back in this thread that I was horrified to hear Barbara S. share that Mr. Ikeda said "Your Father is here!" (or at least that is what his translator said). Now she/they reprise the dramatic representation of a martyr for Christianity who was burned at the stake at age 19 for her depth of faith.

Posted by: cyclops ()
Date: August 26, 2010 04:27AM

For Sure - Here here –to all that do speak up @ meetings or in group discussions – I always get a deer in the head lights look if I bring up the fact that Master / disciple – began with the priests and that SGI took this concept and morph it into mentor / disciple all look @ me like I was from MARS – yes I get flak and some grief – censure from fellow MD that have some type of power play in this SGI cabal the biggest blowback is from leaders and members that want to place Ikeda as the Buddha of this age. Of course the comparison was made of Shakyamuni – Nichiren – Ikeda came up when I brought up this fact that there was no foundation to the mystique of mentor / disciple – a few members didn’t say anything however most went with this comparison so I just left it @ that I was able to put it out there but the tension in the meeting was extreme –
Cultish for sure, Ikedaism @ the max, group think (Ikedabots) all around : (
Where is the Buddhism in this new land of Ikedaism : (
-want to change your finical karma just charge it to your credit card - $$$ what an oxymoron $$$

Posted by: Morgaine ()
Date: August 26, 2010 12:10PM

TheVoid

I am willing to put a large wager on that, when Ikeda dies (though he is Eternal apparently) an Ikeda Gohonzon will replace the Nichikan Gohonzon, and that Shakyamuni, Nichiren, Ikeda will be pushed as the latest 3 treasures. Is that insane or a just a very real possibility?

That would be really great. Such an obvious glaring departure from Buddhism would wake those that are on the fence up , I think. And yes it is a very, very , real possibility.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.