Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:34AM

Blue Lady,
Often cult leaders will say "I heard... blablabla.." just to see how you react, for example to see if you will accuse someone else of betrayal, etc.

It is an old trick designed both to unsettle you and possibly to find out more. If your trusted friend in the other city also has issues and there are more people who have issues, (as usually there are lots of silent questioners in any cult) then the leadership might decide to go into a mode of barking at everyone who isn't 100% under their control just to see what happens.

Don't worry about it. Just live according to what you know is right and let the barking dogs chase their own tails.

Just my two cents. I'm not an SGI ex-member or anything like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:44AM

well to be honest blue lady when you mention incidents just like the one you mentioned then I guess it would not be hard to find out who you are - SGI does follow this board.
Even though I am on the other side of the big pond I must say that SGI must be shi..g their pants because of this board - its the only one in the net - at least in the west - where people can exchange their current and post-SGI experiences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 01:54AM by Rothaus.

Posted by: Blue Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2010 03:10AM

rrmoderator
To whom it may concern:

There is no way for anyone to obtain and/or expose the identity of anyone using this message board.

Always be careful not to disclose any identifying details about yourself through private messaging.

Thanks I used to be Admin on another forum and I forget most people do not have back door access as I did. I had to check emails and IP addresses before allowing people in. Not that I found out personal info like thier names. So I guess I was thinking folks could come and find my email address then search the web for it.
Not that I dont have the right to express myself. I just know how you are judge harshly for no reason but expressing how you feel.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: June 29, 2010 04:25AM

To me, it's very telling that many people, including myself, don't want SGI to know our real names. In a legitimate church or group, people feel free to criticize and ask questions openly. That so many people are wary of openly criticizing or questioning SGI speaks volumes about SGI. If SGI wouldn't actually do anything to us -- the fact is, they've still put fear of retaliation into some members and ex-members. That's not right. As Blue Lady said, people have the right to express themselves.

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: June 29, 2010 12:59PM

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in a long time but I've been reading and enjoying the discussion. doubtful, I enjoyed your post about the videos where Ikeda would ridicule the other leaders and how the SGI passes it off as "rapport." In a post a long while back, I wrote about how I couldn't stand the way he always treated Vice President Wada in particular. He would always command him to read things on-stage and then act very condescending towards him. Of course, Wada would always meekly oblige and come across as the most spineless man in the universe. Ikeda also seems to enjoy poking fun at portly people (he apparently doesn't own a mirror).

Posted by: quiet one ()
Date: June 29, 2010 01:19PM

@ SGBye, When Bill Clinton was president, the local senior leaders used to regularly make fun of him at KR Gongyo and other big meetings. We were expected to politely sit through their rude remarks and stupid jokes!

Date: June 29, 2010 04:28PM

Just as I said earlier I believe SGI is monitoring this forum heavily. In a way I could not care less if they know my name or not. What makes this site so valuable is the fact that we are not warming up old stories that the staunch SGI adherent would claim being Japanese tabloid lies (Interesting what Japanese newspapers they regard being tabloid).
The huge advantage of this site is, that what we come up with stuff that most can relate to. And I am almost sure that for none of us there was that big awakening to finally see SGI for what it really is. Most of us had doubts, some for years maybe even decades. At the beginning we believed those doubts to be ‘devilish functions’ just to learn that we were negating our common senses. Our common sense that we could always trust before and for too long we made excuses that we can not apply that to SGI. This by the way I believe to be quite a destabilizing process for a personality as a whole. What we call our ‘common sense’ is a vital part of our personality it serves and helps us to keep out of harms way. Denouncing it for such a long time can create quite fragile personalities and maybe (maybe?) this is what should happen anyway.

Looking back I must say that a vast number of SGI-members have an extremely fragile personality structure. Dashing out ‘responsibilities’ make them a leader for this and for that or appointing them responsible to run certain meetings or projects is giving those people a feeling of being important, being useful, even doing a ‘peace activity’.
In the end in some cases giving importance to lives which others might call total failures and instead of tackling that SGI can serve as a way out. Often I would tell people here about the number of dysfunctional families and relationships I have come across in SGI. To this day this still shocks me. And some of those individuals, who are at times even unable to raise their children in a half way decent manner, have the nerves to come up to you and tell you how to lead your life! Some of them have never had relationship besides being married to SGI and Ikeda yet they tell you how to behave in a relationship. Remember that guidance? … Finding the right partner to make Cousin Rufus (Kosen rufu)… my a...s.

Yeap, one thing is for sure. Donating either time or money to SGI will transform your lives guys … but I honestly hope that your not blaming anyone but yourselves when you come to realize to what your life has transformed into.

Date: June 29, 2010 11:08PM

By the way, I remember too that we were not encouraged to read the Lotus Sutra before an officialy SG-Sanctioned translation was released, when it finally came what was studied were Mr. Ikedas ideas about it as an interpretation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 11:10PM by Rothaus.

Posted by: Blue Lady ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:23PM

Well I have to let the cat out of the bag. I am feeling guilty. I am not who I say I am (Blue Lady). I know a fellow SGI leader and we talk about what we see going wrong in SGI. If I could tell SGI how I really feel I would have not need to post here. Since she and I talk a lot about my issues I kind of mask who I was and used some of her background in order to post here on this forum. I could not chance it. Anyway, most people don’t post their real name who was going to find out? Boy was I wrong
She called me yesterday telling me she was questioned by one of her seniors and she was mad and blowing off stream. She was trying to in a nice way ask if I had said something to someone who might then pass it on to the Zone Leaders. So that is when I posted what happened to her here. Now I am afraid she will find out I have been on here using some of our personal conversation to speak for me instead of me posting as myself.. I was afraid someone might find out who I am because I am much higher up in leadership rank than she is. Now the beans might be spilled anyway. So I guess I need to confess to you all here. I just knew if I posted how I felt someone would find out so I did it undercover. Looks like I will be found out anyway. I guess I need to decide to tell her the truth if this goes any further. I had the idea that someone from my Zone might catch on --- who she might be and report it. Now I fear they will persecute her and she is innocent.
I need to resign from this forum so as to not cause her further embarrassment. It was nice being here and maybe someday I will come back as my real self. Can someone tell me who to delete my membership here.
Sorry I made such a big mess of things. I meant no harm to anyone here. YOU JUST CAN'T SPEAK YOUR MIND IN SGI THEY KILL YOUR SPIRIT.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:30PM

Blue Lady:

There is no way to delete membership.

Just stop posting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.