Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 22, 2010 08:32AM

Sushigrl, I enjoy your way with words -- Nichiren Snowshoe! Now, I'm going to picture old Nikken in his gray priest's robes and snowshoes, chasing Hentai across the snowy terrain of Hokkaido. Hentai tries to run up the mountain...but gets buried in an avalanche of snow. An appropriate end, given how much of a snow job he and his cronies gave the members!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: January 22, 2010 08:48AM

And Nikken shouting "Baka neh!! Ikedasan Baka neh!!" (from what I remember aside from tasty Japanese food baka means stupid or crazy :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 09:08AM by sushigrl.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:26AM

sushigrl
And Nikken shouting "Baka neh!! Ikedasan Baka neh!!" (from what I remember aside from tasty Japanese food baka means stupid or crazy :))

And the muffled cry from under the snowdrift..."maaahaaaloooo....maaaahaaaalooo......" before all is silent.

Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:53AM

Yeah, tsuki, it's funny how you mention that the New Komeito Party is separated from SGI only on paper. I heard how the Komeito Party were very open as being part of the Gag-kai. When I read up on the newer version, obviously it says it has nothing to do with them, and SGI members I knew before said the same.

It was when I went to China and went to my one SGI meeting. There was this Japanese student there giving an experience how she was so changed and so fortunate from the practice (how fortunate was she? you may ask) that she called her friends in Japan to vote for the party. I don't know the long-distance rate from Beijing, but we're talking lots of money here . . .

It was that time I thought to myself, "If I were Japanese and a siggie, what if I wanted to vote for the LDP?"

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:56AM

my gohonzon sorry to say is building up dust. I look at the alter and think "I really should dust and I really should get some fruit to offer." I could give a shit who inscribed it at this point. My take home message from tsuki's post is that there are two men who are desperate to manipulate others for their own means - they could give a shit about our happiness.

Posted by: DrJesusEsq ()
Date: January 22, 2010 10:56AM

oh and sushigrl,

I love your new terms for those siggies. Nichiren Snowshoe? Hilarious!!

Benefit of leaving the Gagkai --- new and improved vocabulary!

Posted by: dragon14 ()
Date: January 22, 2010 11:15AM

evergreen
my gohonzon sorry to say is building up dust. I look at the alter and think "I really should dust and I really should get some fruit to offer." I could give a shit who inscribed it at this point. My take home message from tsuki's post is that there are two men who are desperate to manipulate others for their own means - they could give a shit about our happiness.

When I decided to leave the SGI altogether in 2002, I got rid of everything. I was so down on those jerks by that time that I felt I was better off clearing the table and removing all vestiges of my association with them. I don't practice Buddhism now, but if I ever do pick it up again, I'll start with a clean slate with some other group.

Buddhism is a great religion, and the Gakkai (Gag-kai - gotta agree, that's good!) has ruined it for a lot of people. I still bristle when I think of all the stupidity exhibited by leaders in that group.

Posted by: sushigrl ()
Date: January 22, 2010 12:27PM

one last bang on a desk that happened to be on the snowdrift from hentai's fist right after that last mahaaaloooo...

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: January 22, 2010 01:17PM

Nichiren Wouldn't Even Be a Junior group Chief in the Soka Cockeye

Nichiren Daishonin:
There is no peace on earth and in heaven. I have been attacked again and again, spat upon and sometimes beaten with sticks and staves

SGI senior leader:
Your troubles are due to an incorrect faith. It is through open dialogue, not pointing out the faults of others, that we can become winners in life.

Nichiren Daishonin:
It is cold here in the mountains and the snow piles up to block the doorway of my hut. My only visitors are the raccoons and deer with whom I share my meals.

SGI senior leader:
You lack benefit because you don't sincerely follow Sensei. If you chant real hard and follow the guidance of President Ikeda you can get a large and comfortable house. Then you can give your experience at a large meeting. What do you say to that?

Nichiren Daishonin:
I chant the Daimoku and the Lotus Sutra ceaselessly throughout the day and night, having little time for other affairs.

SGI senior leader:
You may chant for twenty four hours a day but if you don't take action your dreams will never be fulfilled and you will fail to do your human revolution. It is like placing a fish on your altar and expecting it to become cooked just by chanting. Perhaps you are being punished for not following President Ikeda's guidance? The affairs of this world are itself Buddhism. You should chant to find a better paying job and get some responsibility and please stop telling other people they are destined for hell. It is a bad cause.

SGI senior leader:
Religious practice must accommodate the capacities of the people. You can not openly criticize people or their beliefs and expect them to join the SGI. We must follow President Ikeda's example if we wish to do shakabuku.

Nichiren Daishonin:
The reality is that you give yourselves up to evil intentions, engage in wrangling and doctrinal disputes, and inflict injury on others.

SGI senior leader:
You have weak faith. It is precisely this attitude that president Ikeda characterizes as the attitude of shirkers and idlers. You had better reflect on yourself before criticizing the SGI and President Ikeda who is leading the way to spread this Buddhism.

Nichiren Daishonin:
I am aware of your criticisms. I have overheard the leaders speak of me as having weak faith. Observing my situation in the mirror of the Lotus Sutra leads me to believe that I am correct.

SGI senior leader:
You have much to reflect on. "Everyone else is wrong but I am right." This is a sure sign that you are backsliding in faith. Why don't you talk to Mr. McClosky. He is a master at giving guidance. I'm sure after you speak to him you will feel refreshed.

Nichiren Daishonin:
It is the time to practice shakabuku. The practice of shoju does not fit the time in which we live. The teachings have only just begun to spread and slanderers fill the land.

SGI senior leader:
You really must understand the time in which we live. As President Ikeda teaches, it is the time to have interfaith dialogue, not the time to berate others. Once they are members of the SGI we can talk more openly to them. In the mean time, as the Lotus Sutra teaches, I think in Chapter 15, the excellent physician tells the people a few white lies to peak their interest in the teachings. Kathy and her husband Terry are two good people to stick close to if you wish to learn how to create value through the SGI value creation philosophy. This is known as expedient means. I think they are your men's and Women's Division Group Chiefs, no?

Nichiren Daihonin:
Those who abandon Shakyamuni Buddha and the Lotus Sutra can neither distinguish black from white.

SGI senior leader:
You should study the guidance of President Ikeda based on the Gosho. President Ikeda teaches that the Daishonin is the True Buddha based on the Gosho and that Shakyamuni's Lotus Sutra has lost its power in this age. He cites literally dozens of passages in the Gosho to make his point. He really understands the Gosho with his life.

Nichiren Daishonin:
What does the Sutra say about this?

SGI senior leader:
I can't think of any passages about this in the Lotus Sutra. I do remember what happened to Sharihotsu who asked too many questions. He failed to attain Buddhahood. He had theoretical understanding but no real experience like President Ikeda, Danny Nagashima, and Matilda Buck. What have you done for Kosen Rufu except complain and interject "but". I think you are not attending enough meetings. Six in one month is hardly enough if you really want to change your karma.

Nichiren Daihonin;
I have been going to the outer boroughs and holding my own meetings to teach people about Namu Myoho renge kyo.

SGI senior leader:
There is no need for this. Thats why we instituted the neighborhood system. You should center around Kathy and Terry's house and follow their lead

Nichiren:
Opening the Lotus Sutra and studying the sacred document I have come to realize the ultimate truth by myself

SGI senior leader:
We don't live in a vaccum. We must interact with our seniors in faith. It is good that you are studying the Lotus Sutra and I heard the Burton Watson translation is a fine translation, however, please remember that it is has lost its power in this age to bring benefit. You should subscribe to the World Tribune and Living Buddhism and read the latest volumes of the Human Revolution. The Lotus Sutra is extremely difficult to understand so you will also benefit from reading President Ikeda's lectures on the Lotus Sutra.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: January 22, 2010 01:38PM

The Lighter Side of Soka Spirit

SGI Senior Leader:
Your emotionalism reveals a weak faith.

Jim Celer:
I was cutting onions.

SGI Senior Leader:
You should deeply reflect on your life condition and repress your emotions when giving guidance or writing in the Justice Chronicle.

Jim:
I can't be friends with Craig and Reggie [Nichiren Shoshu members]?

SGI Senior Leader:
In order to fight evil you must become their best friend. Read Chapter 17 of the Human Revolution where Sensei shakabukus the bag lady by treating her to soba noodles and a day at the Zoo.

Jim:
You mean he took her to Buddha Jones?

SGI Senior Leader:
That is why you could never make it as a comic. You have weak faith. Anyway, read the World Tribune Volume number 8746. There is a great article on how Ms. Gauer shakabukued her 84 year old mother with Alzheimer's disease who was a temple member. She brought her mom a picture of President Ikeda and whispered over and over again, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad....

Jim:
Do you think that would work with Craig and Reggie?

SGI Senior Leader:
You lack faith. You should also chant four hours of Daimoku before meeting them. Don't go alone or they will gang up on you. Take ten YMD to spy on the meeting. Danny authorized me to lend them the Sokahan van which looks like a Mr. Softy truck, the night vision goggles and advanced listening devices too.

Jim:
Goody, I love Mr. Softy milkshakes and I bet Craig and Reggie do too.

SGI Senior Leader:
DOHH. Are you sure you don't have alzheimer's yourself? You should take them to that quiet park near lake Michigan and don't talk about the temple issue until the van is in place across the road. They must feel comfortable with you. Don't tell any jokes whatever you do and don't be too serious either. Better to laugh at one of Reggie's or Craig's jokes than to have them scratching their head in disbelief at one of yours. Remember, Sensei will be with you. Just look towards the moon in the west..

Jim:
The moon that will be traveling from west to east signifying that SGI Buddhism is again rising in America and it will spread to Japan without fail. Also it will be like the moon over Omaha in which Sensei's nude torso will be reflected.

SGI Senior Leader:
Hai (wink, wink). When we have all the information about the next Temple meeting in Flint Michigan. including the first and last names of the participants, their addresses and telephone numbers, and their next of kin, you will have completed your mission, a mission only you can fulfill.

Jim:
Then can I have a Mr. Softy shake with Craig and Reg?

SGI Senior Leader.
No. The Evil Dantos don't deserve one of our Soka han van shakes. Their loss. I hear Hiro Watsamatfu makes a mean seaweed shake. Then the YMD will drive you back to the airport for your flight back to Omaha where Mr. Wada will be waiting. You should arrive at 2:30 am and the meeting should end by four thirty. You can get up bright and early for your audition at the comedy club.

Jim:
This will be an experience Reggie and Craig will never forget. What a golden opportunity to develop my faith and do human revolution for Sensei my shining eyes and tears flowing for you, Senseiii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 01:44PM by Nichijew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.