Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 12:09PM

sixtyseven
@ Hitch and @T&P: have you ever heard of that ranch in Cali? Another property of the SGI. Is it hidden or is it open to the public? At least you can donate money and safe it before it's lost... As if ikeda wouldn't have any money to safe it???
Soka/ King ranch

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon in Northern California. [itouchmap.com]

[www.satelliteviews.net] [www.bing.com] [www.google.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 14, 2013 12:10PM

The Bodhi tree and Nichiren's hermitage at Minobu have nothing on Daisaku Ikeda canyon and canyon beach in Northern California. [www.google.com]

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: June 14, 2013 01:46PM

Hi Nichijew,your cat is sleeping on the keyboard!

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: June 14, 2013 02:37PM

sleepy skunk
sixtyseven
sleepy skunk
I was wondering for those who have actually been to the IKG exhibit, what kind of crap do they have in there? Is it artifacts like a real museum but just peppered with Ikeda crap or more like a creation museum (with the same bunch of crap with altered facts) to make the false association with Gandhi and King?

Yellowness - crap. I'd like to know too.
That kind of reminds me of a classroom setting as. A bunch of crap on the board with someone who thinks they know it all pointing at it with a somewhat compensatory looking large ruler. The last exhibit I saw was nothing but people walking around a bunch of large banner stands with "information" on things and issues we all already knew and cared about (ie: another pointless outing for everyone). There was nothing said or discussed about doing anything about them though. Maybe they only have people do presentations for the "important" exhibits.

I went to the Gandi King Ikeda exhibition in the UK a few years ago, and it was as you say - a whole bunch of crap. Big pictures of the 3 people, which, now I think back to it is just a very transparent, clumsy brainwashing exercise - trying to trick the participant into associating Ikeda with other already well-known and iconic figures. They even roped the town mayor in to 'open' the exhibition and make some sort of speech about peace, which was all so important and added a bit of gravitas to the occasion. A huge PR exercise, in other words.

In those days I was very starry-eyed about it all and when I first saw the video with Dr Lawrence Carter describing Ikeda as some sort of 'Jesus-like' messiah figure, I was completely bowled over and genuinely thought that now we would definitely have Cousin Rufus and all people on the planet would recognise Ikeda's greatness - looooollllls - what an absolute ikeda-bot I was - where was my brain - at least I've got it back now :)

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: June 14, 2013 04:48PM

holly_golightly
sleepy skunk
sixtyseven
sleepy skunk
I was wondering for those who have actually been to the IKG exhibit, what kind of crap do they have in there? Is it artifacts like a real museum but just peppered with Ikeda crap or more like a creation museum (with the same bunch of crap with altered facts) to make the false association with Gandhi and King?

I saw this in Manchester UK, a good few years ago and was pretty embarrased about the exhibition and mostly myself for going to such brainwashing nonsense. I can confrim the 'Jesus Like' quote, and thinking what am I doing here! Ghandi and King had obviously been influential, though they were both brainwashed by their own religions. So ultimately it was all a load of nonsense. same old SGI-Bots standing up to talk with trembling lips and crying over how amazing sensei is. what a joke!

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: June 14, 2013 04:57PM

Ikeda ghandi King nonsense

I found this which may or may not be the edited version as they strung this out for a full day.

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: June 15, 2013 01:44AM

TheVoid

I found this which may or may not be the edited version as they strung this out for a full day.

Yes, that's the one that used to make me go all teary eyed - it seems so lame now.

Posted by: meh ()
Date: June 15, 2013 03:43AM

That video is actually kind of offensive - first of all, showing the headstones in the Jewish cemetery. Not sure how Gandhi or King had anything to do with that . . . as far as I know, neither of them spoke of the holocaust. And how ikeda has the cajones to equate himself with either of those two men is bewildering. G & K were both good men who endangered themselves on a regular basis (yes, I know King had bodyguards); the only thing ikeda has put himself in danger of is missing a meal or two because a flight wasn't on time. Not that that would hurt him.

I always wondered - if ikeda is so great, why is it that so few people have ever heard of him? If one reads the weird tribune or leering Buddhism (I could never get through those things - crappy writing and a bit too much rah-rah for my taste), one would think that fat-boy is a world legend. It seems that in the US, anyway, very few people outside of das org has even heard of him.

I suppose it's just another irritating example of how delusional these people are.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 15, 2013 04:36AM

meh
And how ikeda has the cajones to equate himself with either of those two men is bewildering.

Nichiren buddhist humility!? Of course, if really pressed on the issue, the cult org. will spin it that it was others who bestowed the unsought "honor" on Ikeda, who only graciously accepted, but in no way really encourages it all.

Ikeda = narcissist (all cult guru leaders are), with deep enough pockets to keep fanning / fueling the delusion, or at least keep trying.

- Hitch

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 15, 2013 06:24AM

holly_golightly
TheVoid

Yes, that's the one that used to make me go all teary eyed - it seems so lame now.

This reminds me:

Did you all ever notice how the cult org. conditions you to automatically revere certain tier levels of "leaders"? When one tier is physically absent, then the tier right below it is automatically shifted up a level or two, by default, at least until a higher leveled tier leader reappears (usually to crack the whip or knock some heads together).

Example (from my time in):

In group or tier ONE, you would have -

1. Ikeda - The Dear Leader
2. $GI VP's - maybe Akiya or Wada or somebody who is the flavor of the day / time

(There used to be a single top tier level above Ikeda, until the excommunication, which completely eliminated it. This group is also always from the motherland, of course.)

Group / Tier TWO -

3. Williams-Sadanaga or current General Director of whatever cult org. subsidiary country
4. Kikumura, Kudamatsu, Fujioka, Matsuoka, Yokota, or some other Japanese surname

(This group is usually of Japanese ancestry or some "x" generation transplanted from the motherland. National cult org. leaders.)

Group / Tier THREE -

5. National "YOUTH!" "leaders", a mixed bag of Japanese and / or caucasians, that constantly changes like a game of musical chairs

(All the above groups are full-on salaried cult org. positions, btw.)

Group / Tier FOUR -

6. More regional "leaders", Headquarters, etc.

(From this level, there could be an occasional semi-salaried cult org. worker to be found, who has one foot in the cult org. payroll, but is still hustling in the outside world. They may one day be welcomed in fully, or just remain as such forever.)

Group / Tier FIVE -

7. Lower level "leadership", like District, hans, etc.

(These are all strictly all volunteer levels, some of whom may be aspiring to climb up the ladder, many are not, but most are just used for as long as they are effective and manageable. Faces come and go, positions eliminated, members shifted around, all at whim. I've even seen families broken apart and placed purposely into different districts, hans, etc..)

Every group or tier lives in slight fear of the one above it. The higher up you go, the more pressure, the more riding on it, hence, the more fear, which all rolls down to the other lower levels, until things change or improve (i.e., membership numbers / propaganda subscriptions / zaimu amounts / meeting attendance numbers / numbers-numbers-numbers). If not, the sh*t starts to roll back up again and the whole process repeats itself.

I'm probably leaving a few things out, but the above is what first springs to my mind.

So, how does this all relate back to "holly-golightly's" post? Well, when The Dear Leader is on the screen, conditioned tears of joy and reverence. This automatically shifts to your country's general director. When they are not in front of you, the worshiping and following guidance shifts again to other national cult org. "leader" big wigs (who have the general directors' ear, who has The Dear Leader's ear, etc.). National cult org. "leaders" blow into towns and areas, are treated like literal VIP's by the hardcore brainwashed members below them. Once they depart the area, the lower level tier "leaders" take over, and on down it goes, all the way to the lowly ordinary "member" who's just trying to do the right thing in life, but has inadvertently been hooked by the cult org. like a fish on wire allowed to swim around thinking they are free, until the chain / fishing line gets, inevitably, yanked around again.

Some forever remain, getting yanked around, others manage to climb up the ladder a little and start begin helping in the yanking of others. When some of these fishies have babies, they make sure to place a little hook into them, too. Be a good little cult fishie, give us your eggs and go out and hook others --> you will be rewarded, either mystically (in your mind) or literally (come deeper into the cult fold to help us with the yanking, we'll pay you for it, too).

And some, like all of us here, somehow manage to pull that hook out (yet scars remain), or cut the line, maybe accidently leaving it a little too long (in which it may just get caught up again somewhere else), or even just swim away only to bite onto another piece of bait all over again.

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.