Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 06, 2013 09:03PM

Rice ball recipes here. Never tried them so I dont know if these will match what you've had.

[www.google.com]

Dehydration and delirium

[www.google.com]

Dehydration can influence mood.

[www.google.com]

Dehydration and cognitive impairment.

[www.google.com]

One's judgement, one's analytical mind cannot function when dehydrated.

Dehydration is no joke. If any of the people in the Youth! events had had undiagnosed kidney or heart problems or diabetes, dehydration could lead to a medical crisis.

Ive been involved with high performance athletic events where dehydration is a constant risk, due to our being outdoors all day long and the high activity level required, even for the road crew support members.

I suffered dehydration during a heat wave and did not realize how impaired my thought processes had become until the IV drip was in my arm and I became re-hydrated.

All of a sudden, the fog cleared out of my head and I realized that it was the first time in hours, maybe a day, that I could think clearly.

Meanwhile, during this heatwave, we heard of people who were so dehydrated that their judgement was impaired. One woman was in line waiting to get into a vehicle to go back to camp. No one was watching her. She suddenly decided she was able to participate, went away, got back onto the road and fainted.

Dehydration Influences Mood, Cognition | Psych Central NewsFeb 20, 2012 ... While most understand that dehydration can have medical complications, a new
study shows that even mild dehydration can influence mood, ...
psychcentral.com/news/2012/02/.../dehydration...mood.../35037.html - 42k - Cached - Similar pages

Mild Dehydration Causes Anger, Fatigue and Mood Swings, Study ...Feb 20, 2012 ... If you feel a sudden surge of anger, there may be an underlying reason why you'
re losing your cool - thirst.
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/.../mild-dehydration-causes-a_n_1288964.html - 183k - Cached - Similar pages

Dehydration Can Cause a Bad Mood | Men's Health NewsJan 27, 2012 ... Researchers found that mild dehydration is associated with mood changes.
news.menshealth.com/the-drink-that-boosts-your-mood/2012/.../27/ - 70k - Cached - Similar pages

Dehydration Could Make Your Mood Worse, Study ShowsJan 19, 2012 ... Jennifer Aniston made a comment last year that she "gets cranky" when she
doesn't drink enough water, the Arizona Republic reported.
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../dehydration-mood-worse-women_n_1216762. html - 290k - Cached - Similar pages

Even Mild Dehydration Can Alter Mood | UConn TodayFeb 21, 2012 ... Even mild dehydration can alter a person's mood, energy level, and ability to
think clearly, according to two studies recently conducted at the ...
today.uconn.edu/blog/2012/.../even-mild-dehydration-can-alter-mood/ - 58k - Cached - Similar pages

Calm down dear, with a sip of water: Dehydration can alter mood ...Feb 20, 2012 ... Women are more susceptible to the adverse effects of dehydration that can occur
in the course of ordinary daily activities according to studies at ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Calm-dear-sip-water-Dehydration-alter-mood-ability -think.html - Similar pages

Dehydration Affects Women's Moods: Scientific American PodcastFeb 25, 2012 ... In women dehydration caused little reduction in cognitive ability, but did cause
significant fatigue, tension and anxiety. Such changes in mood ...
www.scientificamerican.com/.../episode.cfm?id=dehydration...moods... - 101k - Cached - Similar pages

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 06, 2013 09:16PM

Finally, dehydration may cause or aggravate insomnia. If someone is overworked because of the workload imposed by SGI, it may be difficult to remember to drink enough fluid.

[www.insomniacs.co.uk]

When I wake up in the morning and have a grinding headache, or brain fog, turns out I need to drink more. One or two glasses of water--instantly feel better.

With all the tasks imposed on SGI members, it has to be difficult remembering to drink, let alone find a time to go and have a wee, without being scolded. If SGI members limit their fluid intake so as minimize needing bathroom breaks they will indeed be vulnerable to dehydration.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: April 07, 2013 10:14AM

Hey, remember hearing that contantly repeated hypnotizing command to "develop an inquenchable thirst for cousin rufu"?

Dehydrating the mind directly. Neh?

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: April 07, 2013 02:08PM

Spartacus
Hey, remember hearing that contantly repeated hypnotizing command to "develop an inquenchable thirst for cousin rufu"?

Oops - I meant to type UNquenchable.

Thanks for the info Corboy, now we all understand why SGcult conducts torturous activites in a manner designed to achieve maximum dehydration of members - its always easier to apply mind control techniques to a confused foggy brain.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: April 07, 2013 11:34PM

In SGI Italy do you get Italian rice balls?

N

Date: April 07, 2013 11:36PM

(Grim)

In the old days, when all this was unknown, crude harsh methods were needed to soften people up--and because the methods were harsh, and observable they met legal definitions of torture or of brutality that fell short of being definable as torture but still legally actionable.

Today, what society has not yet caught on to is that so much as been learned about the way human sense of "self" is a fragile construct, dependant on our mammalian bodies.

The corollary is that this can be used to dissolve or disrupt self or at least disrupt critical thinking long enough for people to be made malleable--short term or for generations if multiple generations are born, marry and live in a group that practices this type of soft personality reshaping.

We have learned so much about medical technology that today its no longer necessary to chain people with fetters, build prison camps, or find salt mines. It isnt necessary to go so far as to threaten people with a cage full of rats.

Today its now known that just a few 'soft techniques' can turn alert, intelligent educated persons into obedient worker ants.

And these soft sculpting techniques dont meet antiquated legal definitions for 'maltreatment' or 'torture'.

But when applied in aggregate, they can cause adult critical thinking to unravel, while preserving income earning capacity.

That old rock song, paranoia will destroy yah.

So will subtle dehydration, sleep deprivation, chanting, being put in rooms with no windows to let in sunlight, mixed well with scolding and lack of privacy.

When we think brainwashing or torture, we think of the rack, being hung by the thumbs, etc.

But that short list of interventions, which can be easily administered in rented hotel ballrooms, covention centers, or sports facilities, can unspool a persons critical thinking and turn that person into an income producing herd animal.

Then people can be kept sleep deprived and busy thanks to work orders received by mobile phone at home. No need to keep em in prison and hire guards to poke them with needles to keep them awake. Nope. Use the cell phone instead, and come up with endless make work tasks.

Nothing that the ACLU or Red Cross would get excited about.

And so far, the law has not yet caught up with this change. This stuff is more effective than the old rack and rope, but doesnt yet meet definitions of assaultive change on the psyche.

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: April 08, 2013 12:11AM

Just noticed this story in the news - a prominent megachurch pastor's son (mid-20s) just committed suicide. [news.yahoo.com]

I was reminded of prominent SGI leader Guy McCloskey's son who also died young in a motorcycle accident. And the pastor and his wife of my father's last church - her son was always in trouble and a loser. In spite of his parents' religious piety.

If the great leader who's supposed to be doin it rite can't manage to gain any sort of special indulgence from the Powers That Be for his family's safety and protection, at the very least, what's the point?? If the parent's great religion-related accomplishment doesn't translate into healthy, happy children, can you really count on that parent for any sort of guidance or leadership?

In this megachurch suicide case as well, it's being framed as "Oh, well, he always had problems. Not our fault." Blame the victim, deflect any scrutiny of the home environment and the parenting. Place the responsibility for this young man's emotional problems squarely on the young man himself - nothing anyone could do about it, right?

You may say that's unfair, as no one else is responsible for anyone else's life, and I couldn't argue with that. You might say that's a cheap shot and despicable. Okay. But given how these cults require SOOOO much time and energy and commitment and focus from their leaders, it's natural to suspect that their family life is being neglected. This young man's parents had been megachurching it up since 1980, before he was born. I remember when, back in the early 1990s, Wednesdays were designated as "Women's Division Day" and exempt from any activity scheduling, so that the women's division members could have *one* day out of the week to devote to their families. Isn't that sad??

In the SGI, we were told that, when parents are properly focused on the organization and devoting their lives to kosen-rufu, their home life will magically optimize and everybody will be happy and successful. In fact, as a parent, devoting yourself to the organization is the absolutely *BEST* thing you can do for your family! Because the great wisdom and fortune the parents develop thereby will enable them to become the most effective parents yadda yadda yadda. I remember back in the 1980s, I think, there was a "One Minute Parent" sort of like the "One Minute Manager". Quality time was the catch-phrase - it didn't matter how much (or how little) time you spent with your children - unless it was *QUALITY* time, it was worthless, and so long as it was *QUALITY* time, then a little bit went pretty much as far as you wanted it to go! The mother is the sun of the family. Blah blah blah. Well, reality says that, if you aren't spending time with your kids, they are going to be neglected. If your priority is something other than your family, well, then your parenting is not going to be any better than a traveling salesman's, or, ultimately, an alcoholic's. If you are obsessed with something, ANYTHING, then you are addicted, and anything that tries to get in between you and your addiction will be driven away to the best of your ability. At the very least, you will have limited resources to devote to other aspects of your life. Also, notice that the great and wonderful President Ikeda had a son who died young, supposedly of something that shouldn't even be fatal!

Incomprehensible Death of Daisaku Ikeda's 2nd Oldest Son

On October 3rd, 1984, Daisaku Ikeda's second oldest son, Shirohisa Ikeda, died in a Tokyo hospital at the young age of 29. The cause of death was gastric perforation (a hole in the stomach).

Following graduation from Soka University, Shirohisa Ikeda began his career as a staff employee of his alma mater. It is said that Daisaku Ikeda favored Shirohisa very much because his body type was similar to his own and as such, he was commonly regarded as his father's likely successor to lead the Soka Gakkai in the future. So why is it that Shirohisa suddenly died of a gastric perforation which, unless left untreated, is not normally fatal? In the 10th volume of Daisaku Ikeda's novel "Human Revolution," in the chapter called "A Steep Path," there is a passage which reads like a prediction of Ikeda's own son's death: "The father of Ittetsu Okada (who had made a counterfeit honzon) died in agony because of gastric perforation." By making counterfeit wooden honzons, Ikeda, himself, committed just such a grave slander thereby troubling High Priest Nittatsu Shonin greatly. And just seven years after the slanders of 1977, Ikeda, like the character in his novel, lost his most beloved son and successor due to gastric perforation. [myokan-ko.net]
Anyone can play the "karmic retribution" game, you see. SGI leaders don't have any corner on THAT market.

I never heard about how the great High Priest Nittatsu Shonin was so disturbed by President Ikeda's behavior - did you? Isn't it a copy of a Nittatsu Shonin scroll that the SGI now sells to its members?

Anyhow, that last site has summaries of horrible fates that befell devout Gakkai members in Japan and their family members - but they're only identified by an initial, in typical tabloid style, which makes the stories much more difficult to trace/source. I had heard of that YWD's attack on her married lover on Gakkai grounds, though...

Also, nobody seems at all concerned that nobody in Daisaku's family of origin was impressed enough by his obsession to convert to the gakkai themselves - not his parents, or his siblings, or any cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Yet for a long while, we were taught that, if we practiced devoutly, everyone in our families would eventually come to respect and admire our religion. WD were told that, if their practice were proper, their husbands would very naturally *want* to practice, themselves! Such pressure! "So your husband doesn't want to practice? You must not be practicing correctly!" So the general membership's family relationships were closely scrutinized - but the family relationships of the leaders and famous members were completely ignored! Such a double standard!!

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: April 08, 2013 12:22AM

This is interesting - this Daisaku Ikeda website bio doesn't even list his dead son! And it looks like his own website! The tone is certainly fawning and admiring enough *eye roll* [www.daisakuikeda.org]

On his own life's timeline, his dead son's birth and death are noted with terse one-line entries each O_O [www.daisakuikeda.org]

If you had an adult son who tragically died unexpectedly, would YOU then list only your surviving children as your children???

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 08, 2013 05:22AM

Shirohisa is with Cousin Rufus now [souka.ninja-web.net].

- Hitch

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: April 08, 2013 05:26AM

Spartacus

HAHA!

That explains so much now, looking back.

- Hitch

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.