Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: February 17, 2013 11:32AM

Pertaining to my query about Mr. Ikeda being a Dr.---you can buy that too! I had heard that one could, but had forgotten. Honorary titles and doctorates, and a Dr. title--there you go! - Shavoy
Shavoy, I have seen examples of "bought doctorates" in another group that actively seeks to separate the unwitting from their wallets - the Mormons. I realize this is off-topic for here, but if you would like to read all about it - and it is QUITE the tale! - see This is the overview

Interested in more detail? Here it is!

Want to see the "university" that issued those degrees?

Just food for thought. Anyone who's out trumpeting himself as "Dr." whatever should expect to have his credentials examined. Regardless of how important he thinks he is. And "honorary doctorates" are *worthless* - everybody knows that. They're the door prize for making a big donation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: February 17, 2013 12:31PM

TaitenAndProud
We've been reviewing that article "Eternal Fascism: 14 Ways of Looking at a Blackshirt" and comparing it to the Soka Gakkai approach: [www.themodernword.com]

One item that stands out from the above article is the preoccupation with gaining control over others. One way this is accomplished is by dictating to the targets when, how, and with whom they are allowed to express their own sexuality. Like it's any of anyone's business??? They make it so by declaring it "sin" or whatever. Shouldn't that be each person's most private decision to make for himself - and off limits for others' peeping or analyses?? It seems that, as soon as something so private becomes openly regulated, that should set off the warning sirens and flashing red lights.

Here is an excerpt from an article by Spartacus, linked earlier by Hitch (Thank you so much!!! Applause!!!), who was involved in the late 1960s to early 1970s at least. Things changed a lot in 1991, when NSA became SGI in the wake of being excommunicated by NS. However, I joined in 1987, and so I can certainly relate to his descriptions of the crazy, because I saw it for myself! It was his explanation of this dictating-others'-sexuality tactic that really made me aware of it - and how often it is (ab)used within religious groups:

It wasn’t very long at all after returning from my first pilgrimage to the head temple in 1972 that I was appointed to the position of Texas Chapter Chief (or as someone has described being an NSA leader, “brainwash meat in a guilt trip sandwich”). At the time, I was very proud (it appealed to my young ego) to be one of the very first American youth to hold a chapter level position in Texas. But that pride was just the illusion and delusion of a naïve youth. It would be many more years before I would begin to comprehend how holding a senior leader position was really just a veiled means of deepening control over me by SGcult HQ leadership. Like puppet masters, SGcult senior leaders were controlling my strings, using me for ulterior purposes, while dressing me up with a pre-approved appearance to show off for the audience (membership). I was discouraged from forming my own opinions, taking any actions, or making any decisions without prior guidance and approval from my senior leaders. I was even forbidden from having a girlfriend! I repeat - forbidden from having a girlfriend (or any sexual relations). No sex for singles was an undeclared commandment carefully kept under wraps! Would I have ever embarked on this bizarre journey if I had understood there was a requirement to become sexually inactive in order to become a senior leader? Well no, I certainly would not have, but I was already hooked (addicted). However, by succumbing to the manipulation to surrender my sexual freedom, I had unknowingly given tremendous control of my life to my SGcult leaders (exploiters/abusers). I was being indoctrinated to blindly obey my leaders, to no longer trust my own mind or my ability to make important decisions and judgments for myself, but to instead seek guidance (control) from leaders for everything.
At the same time I was being torn down as an independent and free spiritual being, I was being molded and shaped into the appearance of being a “perfect leader”. Then, I could be held up as an ideal example of a local SGcult leader to all the wanna-bees. An outer shell of appearance/polite face (tatemae) was slowly being constructed, masking my “honest feelings” (honne). That suppressing and repressing empty shell would continue to engulf me, until eventually, this pretense of false appearance would come crashing down upon me in the form of an agonizing identity crisis. My own self-identity would eventually become completely lost inside of phony appearance. This false facade left me empty and depressed while fallaciously portraying me as the perfect example of a happy and successful Cult SGI leader. [spartacusrebel.weebly.com]
Unfortunately, he hasn't finished his "memoirs" - I would have loved to read the rest! But in about 1989, I remember a WD Chapter leader, who was divorced, telling me gleefully that she hadn't had sex in 7 years and she felt like a virgin again! :0 A little too much information, honey?? Squickness!! It was during that early period of my tenure (I divorced my first husband in early 1987) that I went a whole year without sex, though :/ All right - sorry! TMI!!

I arrived at the conclusion that it was a cult as well - I kind of knew it all along, but my own needs (and their masterful exploitation of them) kept me clinging.

Hi TaitenandProud,

SANSHO-GOMA - SGcult term relating sex with the devil, generating fear and loathing of sex for the purpose of cult control over members intimate lives.

Funny how I could never find this so called "buddhist" term in any of the SG cult publications, yet it could be heard spoken of the lips of the SGcult leaders on any given day of the week. At the time, I was too young and naive to see or understand the connection with other religions and their known sex-control (sex is sin) abuses. Probably because my denial of certain realities were made stronger than my good senses for a little while there (back when I so stupidly proclaimed that SG was not a cult).

Had there been a forum like this one, I would never have suffered so much through so many decades due to plain ignorance, or from a lack of any support from former cult members to assist me in my fight to leave the SGcult forever behind. As a matter of fact, this forum continues to help me cope with the PTSD that I still experience from having been in the SGcult. I have won the battle for the freedom of my mind, but still struggle sometimes in the battle to heal my soul (psych) of cult scars. Many thanks to all for helping me to strenghen my resolve to finish the book project.

The human revolution continues... now at last in the right direction.

Spartacus

Date: February 17, 2013 01:42PM

Had there been a forum like this one, I would never have suffered so much through so many decades due to plain ignorance, or from a lack of any support from former cult members to assist me in my fight to leave the SGcult forever behind. As a matter of fact, this forum continues to help me cope with the PTSD that I still experience from having been in the SGcult. I have won the battle for the freedom of my mind, but still struggle sometimes in the battle to heal my soul (psych) of cult scars. Many thanks to all for helping me to strenghen my resolve to finish the book project.
Hiya back. I can agree, but for myself, I can state with complete confidence that I was so determined to believe that you could "chant for whatever you want" and thereby bend the rules of reality in your favor so that you could get something for nothing, that I would have read the above, tucked it safely away for "later", and continued "devoting myself to kosen rufu"!!!!

Now, of course, in retrospect, I can see so much so much more clearly, but this desire to get "something for nothing" is a tremendously appealing and seductive trap, and not just for us. For *ALL*, or at least most, people. More recent incarnations of this include "The Secret" and the "Prosperity Gospel" that makes Pentecostal preachers rich while Pentecostal churches generally have the least educated and least wealthy congregations of any of the major Christian denominations. Cause and effect, I suppose.

SANSHO-GOMA - SGcult term relating sex with the devil, generating fear and loathing of sex for the purpose of cult control over members intimate lives.

Funny how I could never find this so called "buddhist" term in any of the SG cult publications, yet it could be heard spoken of the lips of the SGcult leaders on any given day of the week. At the time, I was too young and naive to see or understand the connection with other religions and their known sex-control (sex is sin) abuses. Probably because my denial of certain realities were made stronger than my good senses for a little while there (back when I so stupidly proclaimed that SG was not a cult).
Sansho-goma - never heard of it. Got the same message loud and clear, though - one pioneer old Japanese biddy telling me about how the YWD HQ leader when I joined, before she became YWD HQ leader, had slept with all the YMD and would come to activities with hickies...and the gossip about who's sleeping with whom...my Jt. Terr. YWD leader berating me when I (a YWD HQ leader) asked her for guidance about my fiancé moving in with me before we married (we ended up having a rush-rush quickie civil ceremony and then an "official" Buddhist wedding 5 months later). It was most *definitely* there.

(back when I so stupidly proclaimed that SG was not a cult)
Oh, gawd, I did the same thing!! Even when we were having activities 6 out of 7 nights per week! Even when I was getting up to go do gongyo (back when it took 1/2 hour) and chant at my district leaders' house at 6 AM before going to work! When their young teen children were trying to get ready for school! It was *insane*!!

You were in, at a time when the cult was far more dangerous, for far longer. I am eager to hear your story.

As for those who are not interested, remember that you have an audience for your message. Not everyone in the world is in that audience. All of us HERE are, though O_O

PS - I got the idea for my ID from something I read online. A former SGI member was saying how s/he wanted to get a T-shirt that said "Taiten and Proud" on the front and "No Longer Advancing In The Wrong Direction" on the back - and wear it around SGI members! HA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2013 01:44PM by TaitenAndProud.

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: February 17, 2013 04:53PM

sixtyseven
These silly regressing rituals were performed best at the brainwashing in Trets. The whole concept is about giving you the feeling you are at highschool summer camp. For example in the restaurant the area was divided into vegetarians and non-vegetarians. Each table had a number of persons and the byakuren supervised the tables by a list. On the first evening she had a lot of stress caused by persons had taken the wrong area or the wrong places, so the tablequota was not fullfilled( Imagine, fellows had taken their chairs and removed it to the wrong area!). She complained about the disobedient people and that she had no time to sit down and have dinner for herself. On the second day the same calamity about two empty chairs at my table. The young woman had to look for the two missing members: one was lying in her bed crying all the time, the other woman had phone calls for hours while her cat at home made a pee everywhere. On the third chance I filled the byakurens plate with food and forced a glass of wine into her listfree hand and ordered her to eat and drink cause we are in South France, if you know what that means. Well, she stayed only 3 spoonful and left the wine behind let it rot for the benefit of the table quota.

I did this activity at Trets (it's called lilacing in the UK) and I can relate to that poor byakuren's plight. Although I didn't have to supervisor a table quota, I was kept busy all day and into the evening making sure that 'the members didn't suffer'. It really does install in someone an over-inflated sense of responsibility and every detail becomes extremely important down to whether the members are left without water for 5 minutes (bad lilac) or if the biscuits aren't arranged beautifully enough on plates (careless lilac who doesn't want to please the members enough) or (one of the more serious ones) a door hasn't been held open for members going into the meeting room (a lilac who doesn't wish to embrace the members' lives). I can imagine that if I did have a table quota on that course I would have considered it a matter of life or death whether someone was at that table or not and would have foregone any food/rest to race around the whole of Trets to track them down :)

Posted by: holly_golightly ()
Date: February 17, 2013 05:31PM

Spartacus

Strangely enough, the ONLY people who have read the first four chapters are from this site. I can't get anyone I already know (even my girl) to take so much as a single look at it. Consequently, it has become more difficult for me to generate the motivation and energy to return full force to the project. I just can't thank all the folks from the forum enough for the wonderful support I have received in the past - you guys are the only spark that I can rely upon to reignite the fire in my belly that I need in order to continue the daunting task of putting my 30+ years of SGcult experiences on paper.

Yours in Brotherhood,
Spartacus

I would echo everyone here who has expressed an interest in your site. Am looking forward to your next installment.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: February 18, 2013 01:48AM

Spartacus
Hitch
TaitenAndProud
Hey, I was just over at Spartan's site, and where's Chapter 5???

I don't believe he (Spartacus) ever finished it. What's on-line may also be just a preview for a future book (?). I can't really say, because I don't know. One thing I do know, however, is that much of what's in that story rings absolutely true.

- Hitch

Hey Hitch,

Just came across this post from you. Recently, I've been catching up on all the posts made here over the past six months or so (wow - so many new posters). I am planning on going back to work on writing Cult of the Master again, and hope to finish chapter 5 and more in the near future (before spring fever arrives with more distractions and diversions of my time). Will make sure everyone here knows as soon as I get #5 up on my website. Yes, I am hoping to make it into a complete book someday. Thanks for your comment about "absolutely ringing true"! In the meantime, i am thankful to all that have enjoyed the "preview" of my book .

Strangely enough, the ONLY people who have read the first four chapters are from this site. I can't get anyone I already know (even my girl) to take so much as a single look at it. Consequently, it has become more difficult for me to generate the motivation and energy to return full force to the project. I just can't thank all the folks from the forum enough for the wonderful support I have received in the past - you guys are the only spark that I can rely upon to reignite the fire in my belly that I need in order to continue the daunting task of putting my 30+ years of SGcult experiences on paper.

Yours in Brotherhood,
Spartacus
Several people who read my blog have read your experience. I was disappointed you had stopped writing. Good to have you back.

Nichijew

Date: February 18, 2013 02:37AM

making sure that 'the members didn't suffer'. It really does install in someone an over-inflated sense of responsibility - 67
There's a fine line between 'being responsible" and "meddling" - I'm sure you noticed. For me, the "byakuren training" had pathological consequences - I really took it to heart that we are "byakuren" at all times, not just when we're wearing the icky lilac suit. So I was always on the lookout for people needing help or - le horreur - "encouragement." Because, remember, that's how you gain "benefit" - it's all part of the formula. And who doesn't want more benefit???

I realized rather late in the game that, if someone *asks* for your opinion, you may offer advice, but if you offer it without having been asked, you're just meddling. Rudely.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: February 18, 2013 05:50AM

"If you wanna be free", join the $GI-USA Cult Org. [www.youtube.com]. (A slight change in advertising strategy - just more cult org. deception.) A cult valentine's day gift, compliments of "the future division" (i.e., cult indoctrinated kids, mis-fortune babies born into the manipulative Japanese International cult).

Doublethink 101 from the Cult Org..

Spartacus - I hope you can continue to find inspiration to work on your book and story. Just take a look at the above clip; a counterbalance of information and material is sorely needed to give others the tools to see the pseudo-buddhist gakkai cult for what it is --> a self-glorification empire of a Japanese con-man. That's why all of us have come here, too.

My best to you.

"If you wanna be free, summon up the courage" to break the shackles and leave the manipulative and lying gakkai cult. Then, you'll be truly free, free from all worries. Educate, inform and critically think for yourself, it's the only way out (and to protect yourself, to stay out).

- Hitch

Date: February 18, 2013 12:35PM

"Well, I'm not dead yet - still here sparking!" (quote from Spartacus the Rebel)

Returning here to this forum reminds me of the feeling of coming home off a long and exhausting music road tour to find many old friends and family, all waiting to greet one with open arms. It has been a long while (too long) since I posted here, so let me just say, many thanks to all who have warmly welcomed me back and to all who are looking forward to reading the next chapter in my story Cult of the Master. (I am getting back into a writing mode - as you can see.)

I've been lurking around here over the past few weeks, catching up on page after page of fabulous posts. I am very impressed by all the new posters who have joined in to share their stories and interact with the forum community. To all of you, welcome!

After watching several example videos of group hypnosis today (from a
web article on how easily peeps can be put under by the mass media ), I was once again reminded of how quickly willing subjects can be led to believe the most unreal and stupid suggestions, and will act out any thought placed in their minds by the manipulator's suggestions and commands. These are the same methods that cults and TPTB both employ so effectively.

Many of us here were most likely lured in by the SGcult offer of providing a magical incantation and paper that can bring anything (willfully bending reality and natural laws of physics) that one might possibly wish for. Yes, even world peace! So why did so many of us fall into the cultish traps that were insidiously laid to snare their weakened, unwary, or unaware victims. Answer - because for those who learn and practice mind control techniques, it is so EASY to manipulate and control people. These evil-hearted manipulators are people I like to refer to as "Black Straws" because they stick their big sucking probosis into you and draw out all your vital life energies. And they do this all while convincing you to falsely believe how beneficial losing yourself and your own lifeblood is to your happiness and well-being. As dangerous sociopaths, they are adept at getting peeps to do or say whatever they want them to.

Even if you are/have been victimized by Black Straws, it is still possible to "wake up" and take back control from any and all individuals, cult organizations, and TPTB. No one can exert as much power and influence over one's own life as oneself can, just as long as we do not give that power away. As I used to instruct my martial arts students - awareness rules. One must be aware of any attackers and always be ready to block/deflect all attacks, counterattack, and subdue/control one's opponent, thereby neutralizing any further danger. Be aware! Be the Buddha!

As it has been repeatly pointed out here by several posters, the SGcult is adept at controlling the member's minds, using group activites to instill and activate mental conditioning that stops rational thinking and makes the members's minds become even more weak and open to the power of suggestions. Hypnosis can still work even when the subject denies that he/she can be put under. Some peeps may call the (mystic) hypnotist a fake, yet, will simultaneously deny they are being hypnotized, even while still dancing to the pipers tune (per his suggestions and commands of course - as demonstrated in the web article's first embeded video linked above).

Sometimes I still ask myself, "how could I have been SO stupid and unrealistic to foster and maintain such a child-like belief in magic words and false god/hero cult leaders?" Now I truely understand the correct answer: I was mentally conditioned (brain-washed). Consequently, I'm happy to report that I no longer feel the same flood of guilt and self-denegration for having been so gullible and consequently used/abused.

The SGcult understands the power of suggestion, and is totally capable of mesmerizing the minds of its members into believing anything. Apparent insanity is thoroughly achieved in the membership through the use of powerful (hypnotic) suggestions and commands (SGcult examples too numerous to name here - fill in a few of your own). But with a cult, the mind becomes the battleground where the war to control the Psyche rages on and on and on. We may or may not still be SGcult members (sometimes even if we proclaim that we are not, the hooks are still in deep). Being an ex SGcult member means you may be an easy target for re-assimulation if you weaken in your resolve to take your life back (finally advancing in the right direction!).

It is a difficult and sometime rocky process to overcome the deep cult programming we have been subjected to. Some of us are already healed. Some are still mending. Too many are still asleep and may never awaken before it is too late. May our compassionate thoughts, words, and deeds lead to a new awakening for the slumberers and a gentle healing for us all, through our inner love of truth and life.

Yours in spiritual rebellion,
Spartacus

Date: February 18, 2013 01:37PM

Hitch
"If you wanna be free", join the $GI-USA Cult Org. [www.youtube.com]. (A slight change in advertising strategy - just more cult org. deception.) A cult valentine's day gift, compliments of "the future division" (i.e., cult indoctrinated kids, mis-fortune babies born into the manipulative Japanese International cult).

Doublethink 101 from the Cult Org..

Spartacus - I hope you can continue to find inspiration to work on your book and story. Just take a look at the above clip; a counterbalance of information and material is sorely needed to give others the tools to see the pseudo-buddhist gakkai cult for what it is --> a self-glorification empire of a Japanese con-man. That's why all of us have come here, too.

My best to you.

"If you wanna be free, summon up the courage" to break the shackles and leave the manipulative and lying gakkai cult. Then, you'll be truly free, free from all worries. Educate, inform and critically think for yourself, it's the only way out (and to protect yourself, to stay out).

- Hitch

Thanks Hitch - yur da man!

Oh crapola, the SGcult sure likes to play on our heartstrings. Thats because the Black Straws have to sneak in the back door of your mind, by hitting all those high notes of emotional control. Yeah, its a pretty song (pretty singer - pretty voice), but totally subversive in the way its being used by SGcult to further their agenda of mind-numbing control. Just shut your mind off and let those emotions wash over you like a tsunami from hell.

Needing some counterbalance to that fluffy song? Okay, here's a song I wrote and recorded called "Dreams of Peace" Here is a link to the sound recording. And here are the lyrics:

Dreams Of Peace © 2007 Clear Mirror Music

(Verse 1)
How can you say you’re a good christian then
Refuse to practice love
Why do you think you are better than them
Who don’t believe in God above

(Bridge 1)
All you hypocrites can deny
And go on living your big lie
Does God want us to make more war?
Is that what Christians really are?

(Verse2)
How can you say you’re a holy man then
Refuse to protest war
When you think you are better than them
You don’t know who you really are
(Repeat Bridge)

(Chorus)
Freedom lives in our hearts
That’s where love always starts
Wisdom shines in our minds
Dreams of hope for all mankind
Dreams of peace for every girl and boy

(Verse 3)
Corporations and their politicians
Act blameless for their mistakes
Chipping away at our constitution
While they are on the take

(Bridge2)
All you hypocrites can deny
And go on profiting from your lies
The people don’t want fear and war
That’s not what our boys should die for

(Repeat Chorus)

As the song says, "Freedom lives in our hearts". IMO, freedom can't be taken away - only given away. Never look outside youself for freedom or enlightenment - its already there within you. No need to beg for freedom or enlightenment from someone else.

Guess who I was refering to in verse 2 as the " holy man". Both Dear Leader and all SGcult leaders as well! And "them" refers to us (the people)!

I would really enjoy writing and producing a video of "Dreams of Peace" (if only I had the resources). It would have to be razor edged as possible so as to cut right through the foggy nonsense and misdirection of the current MSM poop. Oh yeah, the MSM doesn't allow protest songs.

Hope some of you out there will enjoy my song and be inspired to do a little protesting of your own. ;-D

Spartacus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.