Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:21AM

Hitch
Oh, btw, that clip with the messages to The Dear Leader,

I didn't type it out, but one person even says, "Please come spend your final days with us here in America, Sensei" (or something to that effect).

The cult brainwashing is so evident in that video.
That young woman at the beginning of the video is the one I think of when we are discussing SGi Mentor/disciple and YOUTH! and losing one's self doing everything for sensei. I saw this video quite a while ago.
Gotta say, things are a lot better without SGI, without chanting, working the cause and effect in the world of common mortals. I think I'm finally reaching a point that feels like manageable happiness and rolling with the punches. (Remember how leaders especially would try to point out the delusional happiness of non-members? That was my experience anyway). I thought the over 2 decades of SGI involvement would mean never getting back on track. If for some reason there were some gains from being in SGI that contribute in some way to current happiness, then fine. I accept the gift. If chanting NMRK for a short period of time even if it was SGI that was the floating sandalwood in the ocean...well, okay. But not really. That was a long time to be fooled, even though I rejected so much along the way.
Another way to describe recent acceptance of where I'm at is finally seeing the fog of SGI brainwashing fade. Much thanks to individual testimonies on this thread and concurring responses. Lots of laughs and much needed return of un-tense breathing and spontaneity in daily life. Happy Holidays to all as you celebrate liberation from the Cult!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 11, 2012 10:30AM

and I don't think or talk in cultspeak like: "cause and effect in the world of common mortals" just for effect on the thread.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: December 12, 2012 05:44AM

Congratulations Rattyboy. That's great news.

More on the brainwashing ...

Warning: Heavy Propaganda $oka Cult Clips (English subtitles included).

Am posting these for two reasons:

1. To demonstrate the hardcore brainwashing effects of the gakkai cult on its "kids" (aka, "little lions") in the motherland.

At the 2:07 min. mark, you get to see how the cult org. buses in Soka Education Primary School children as part of their yearly or graduation "school trips." In this instance, they are visiting the official Gakkai Pravda HQ., the "Seikyo Shimbun" Bldg., which is the head office for the official Gakkai Cult newspaper (of which all members in Japan subscribe to, taking multiple copies).

The children have been coached, prepped and kept waiting (so as to build up suspense to a climax) for The Dear Leader's arrival / departure. The kids are crying their eyes out, literally shaking with indoctrinated emotion to meet, touch and listen to their "Master In Life." Ikeda makes some very interesting remarks:

"I know about everything." (3:02 min. mark) / "I hope one of you will someday win the Nobel Peace Prize, it's number one in the world. It will come from you." (3:19 min. mark) / "The important thing is to be happy at the end of your life, even if you are poor (financially). You will definitely be happy at the end!" (3:42 min. mark)

What all of this is of course saying is, "I'm always watching over you, like a Father" / "Since I won't ever win a Nobel myself, having an official gakkai member win it, by proxy, for me and the cult org. is the next best thing." / "Always support the cult org. with your financial donations, no matter what!"

[www.youtube.com]

2. To show an example as to how Ikeda hijacks buddhism to conflate it into something that only serves his and the Cult Org.'s purposes.

The Dear Leader selects a relevant quote from Nichiren Daishonin's writings, in this case the well-known (to all gakkai cult members) "2 kinds of faith" spiel. One of them is "faith like flowing water." Hence, The Dear Leader creates an insipid poem:

"Like the waterfall, fierce
Like the waterfall, unflagging
Like the waterfall, unfearing
Like the waterfall, merrily
Like the waterfall, proudly—
A man should have the bearing of a king!"

[www.youtube.com] (This is part 1 to the clip just above. It's all about The Dear Leader's GREAT poem and how it is appreciated by the entire world. Be sure to take a look at the 5:34 min. mark on in the clip, as Ikeda struts around the "famous" waterfall that was the inspiration for his poem - replete with marble monument now erected to commemorate, 6:02 min. mark.) Btw, 6:10 - 6:30 min. mark, is essential viewing. (Yikes!)

Which gets fed to all the membership to use:

[www.youtube.com] (To sing in Japanese)

[www.youtube.com] (And even use in gakkai member memorial ceremonies)

There are many other examples, but I think the above two suffice to get the point across.

There is, unfortunately, a lot more revealing stuff in those clips, like The Dear Leader's wife now officially getting into part of the action with awards, etc.. I hope people watch these clips with an objective and critical mindset so as to see clearly and exactly what is happening and how the propaganda works and is used.

The $oka Gakkai is a pseudo-buddhist cult of a Japanese con man that has effectively beat "religion" (in this case, the Nichiren Daishonin sect(s)) at its own game. (JMO.)

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2012 05:47AM by Hitch.

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: December 14, 2012 03:01AM

I hadn't seen this before today, sorry if it has already been posted:

[www.culteducation.com]

Posted by: Freeheartandmind ()
Date: December 14, 2012 03:11AM

(snip) "Bill Aiken, Washington, D.C.-based spokesman for SGI-USA, the group's United States division, was familiar with Ross' website and wasn't surprised Ross condemned the movement as a destructive cult. "Cult is a very loaded word," Aiken says. "We don't separate people from their families. We don't make people send their money. We don't make people slavishly follow a central leader. Members used to aggressively proselytize but we haven't passed out pamphlets in the street since 1989."

LIAR!!! Ikeda worship is a central tenet of SGI, as is extracting money from people.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: December 14, 2012 05:57AM

Freeheartandmind
(snip) "Bill Aiken, Washington, D.C.-based spokesman for SGI-USA, the group's United States division, was familiar with Ross' website and wasn't surprised Ross condemned the movement as a destructive cult. "Cult is a very loaded word," Aiken says. "We don't separate people from their families. We don't make people send their money. We don't make people slavishly follow a central leader. Members used to aggressively proselytize but we haven't passed out pamphlets in the street since 1989."

LIAR!!! Ikeda worship is a central tenet of SGI, as is extracting money from people.

Interesting article, I've been looking and waiting for it. Thanks.

I agree with you and will further add:

1. "We don't separate people from their families." Wrong. It depends on what you mean by this. I grew up in a gakkai household and can absolutely, unequivocally state that the demands, expectations and brainwashing of the gakkai cult does indeed cause a genuine physical disruption to the nuclear family, individual's lives and their relationships.

2. "We don't make people send their money." Wrong, once more. Endless "zaimu" ($$$$$) campaigns, campaigns to build (now defunct) head temples (Sho-Hondo), monthly "kofu" funds (Cousin Rufus gongyos), multiple (unnecessary) subscriptions to cult propaganda newspapers / magazines, I was routinely hit up for endless "voluntary" monetary "donations" as expressions of "appreciation" by my "leaders" and the cult org., they also found other novel ways to suck $$$ from you by way of bogus cleaning fees (YMD / brass band uniforms), "leaders" planting guilt at local kaikans about the motherland (Japan) and The Dear Leader paying the utility bills for the slacker American organization members (out of his immense compassion), and the list goes can go on. So that's a blatant lie, unless you want to parse semantic meanings as to what the word "make" means.

3. "We don't make people slavishly follow a central leader." Wrong, yet again. This one is the biggest stinker; in fact, it's a big fetid steaming pile of horse-sh**. I will also add, just try to go against The Dear Leader within the cult org. and you shall quickly feel the wrath of all members and "leaders" fall down on you with great prejudice.

That makes three strikes for Bill Aiken. He's out.

Like I said, "Ikeda has beat religion at its own game" and "they lie." Welcome to Ikeda's $oka Gakkai scam, wrapped up in a nice welcoming, deceptively innocent package with a pretty ribbon on the outside, but a manipulative, destructive and ugly cult org. on the inside.

People who write about the cult org. really need to go undercover, pose as a believer (hidden cam / audio / etc.), become an "official" member, gain long term access to the inside (both Soka Gakkai Japan and International affiliates), participate for multiple years (it would probably take a decade or more) and climb up the cult org. leadership ladder, then publish a book. That's something I'd LOVE to see. You just have to be able to get past the facade of pasty smiles and feigned affections, to where they actually begin to let their guard down and trust you. Then, you'll slowly begin to see a different side, very clearly.

Until then, we are stuck with the deception.

- Hitch

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: December 14, 2012 06:44AM

Hitch
Shavoy
Hitch, I tried to download this gem with no success again---but I noticed along the right side at the bottom of that particular list of SGI videos one titled "My Mentor and Me". Just the pic alone, a very large hand reaching down to a small human figure spoke volumes. You have shared many videos here, was this also one you shared?

I don't believe I've ever seen that one. So, on that note (for Shavoy) ...

[www.youtube.com]

"Uploaded on Oct 5, 2010
A beautiful song from Soka Gakkai International (SGI) . APTLY TITLED mY MENTOR AND i LYRICS BELOW

We are walking the path, my Mentor and I
On the wings of our mission, together we fly
Far to the east, and far to the west
Not stopping not knowing, a moment of rest

Turning sorrow to happiness, tears to smiles
Playing our part, yet one in our heart
Turning new leaf and make everyday a new start

Never retreating over worries or fear
We are moving ahead with our strength of our prayer
And this moment striving for, sake of tomorrow
what a wonderful feeling this is

Saving all of humanities are our cry
No one will watch over , No one will see
But we strive and we toil, to change history

You cause my spirit to soar in the SKY
To dance and to sing and turn darkness to light
It is me and the power that lies within my life

On the wings of our mission, together we fly
Far to the east, and far to the west
Not stopping not knowing, a moment of rest

Turning sorrow to happiness, tears to smiles
Playing our part, yet one in our heart
Turning new leaf and make everyday a new start

On and on in our journey of peace
we will touch every heart, every life we will reach
This is our vow, there is no stopping for us now

We are walking the path, my Mentor and I"

Mentor = Ikeda

$GI = Ikedaism

Shavoy
At this stage of the game, I guess we can say that D.I. won't be coming to America.

Very unlikely. From all appearances, it looks as if the guy can barely even stand up by himself now. Recent official (Gakkai "Pravda") photos only show him sitting in cars, waving at members from a distance and sitting in chairs (along with Kaneko) in Gakkai Bldg. lobbies admiring member displays. He looks odd and something is definitely amiss.

Shavoy
"Replying to your life"---this is also a many-times-repeat.

I honestly don't recall hearing this one too much, but I have heard it. It probably became more commonplace after my time in. Definitely another creepy gakkai-ism.

- Hitch

Thanks again as always, Hitch. This song reinforces my theory that the fever pitch of M/D-ness may be in large part due to his possible condition, as you wrote. He may not have a long time left in this lifetime, and he's GOT to have the glory he feels he's due.

'Replying to Sensei's life (heart)' has definetely been a strong theme in the last 2-3 years. Yes, it adds to the creep-out.

As for the post quoting Bill Aiken....jeez, I believed that all, too. I would say to myself, nope, they haven't kidnapped me, demanded money on a regular basis. I find it interesting his stance about the word 'Cult'. That it's loaded. This forum has shown that you don't have to be lured from your family and life. The SGI's behavior in the past few years has only proven how cult-like it really is. If I was approached today about joining the SGI, the red alert would start blaring at the first meeting----and out the door I would go.

You are right on again, Hitch, in breaking it down.

Date: December 14, 2012 02:23PM

When "the rhythym began to change" after Ikeda's visit in 1990(?) , I thought to myself that they are just going to be more insidious with the control. I thought this yet kept on. The group's process had become linked with my life. I wasn't in some ashram in some foreign country eating a different diet, what have you. I think it might be more challenging to extricate yourself from the cult-think/ brainwashing when it has weaved itself through your familiar surroundings, your ideas of housemate living as a young person, travel plans, performance at work, speaking to non-practicing peers. Arms linked with others while Singing praises to a publishing tycoon? What? Oh. My familiar surroundings are right outside.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 15, 2012 11:37PM

rattyboy
When "the rhythym began to change" after Ikeda's visit in 1990(?) , I thought to myself that they are just going to be more insidious with the control. I thought this yet kept on. The group's process had become linked with my life. I wasn't in some ashram in some foreign country eating a different diet, what have you. I think it might be more challenging to extricate yourself from the cult-think/ brainwashing when it has weaved itself through your familiar surroundings, your ideas of housemate living as a young person, travel plans, performance at work, speaking to non-practicing peers. Arms linked with others while Singing praises to a publishing tycoon? What? Oh. My familiar surroundings are right outside.

That's exactly it. During my SGI days, I would have said, "I'm not in a cult -- no way!" I thought of cult members as people who lived in some isolated monastery or compound. They'd eat a vegetarian diet and wear long robes.

A cult like SGI is really more insidious and dangerous than the stereotypical cult. I'd have run away from the stereotypical cult -- but SGI just didn't set off any alarms for me, not at first. Members lived in their own homes or apartments, had jobs, wore what they liked. I didn't see how the cult was manipulating us with fear, hope and magical thinking. I gradually started feeling anxiety and guilt if I wasn't chanting enough or working hard enough for SGI. I didn't even realize how much I'd been influenced by SGI, until I began to question and think about leaving. Then I felt waves of anxiety and guilt. My fellow members seemed to think I was crazy for even questioning SGI....maybe I was just misinterpreting things? Maybe I was just a bit selfish, unwilling to give? (Interestingly enough, some of the people who used to think I was a bit confused -- have also left SGI in recent years.)

It was classical gaslighting....where someone tries to make you feel crazy so that you are easier to manipulate. A subtle, and skilled gaslighter can get you jumping through hoops and you never even see how you're being manipulated.

Without websites like this, Lisa Jones's "Buddha Jones," and Wendy Byrd Ehlmann's blog on "Fraught With Peril," it would have taken a lot longer for me to see what was going on, and I might well have gone back to SGI. I'm very thankful to Jones, Byrd, and everyone who has posted here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2012 11:39PM by tsukimoto.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:29AM

We haven't talked much about this but one way to ensure that you don't weaken in your resolve to never return to the SGI cult is to be excommunicated. I know several people who have been excommunicated. Stan Zir of Victorious America made too much of a stink when his wife was raped by a top senior leader. His pal Phil Ohrenstein, when he pushed too hard about failing to follow the Dear Leader's guidance in the Stan Zir incident was also given his walking papers. Some leaders like the former General Director of Spain became too popular [like George Williams] and was excommunicated. I suspect the Singapore and Italian members and leaders who criticized and are criticizing their respective leaders are or will be excommunicated. The leaders of the IRG [Independent Reassessment Group] such as Chris Holte and Andy Hanlen? were excommunicated. Most have moved on but some are still fighting the SGI with "the heart of the mentor". Incredible that one will not get excommunicated for secular offenses such as pedophilia, domestic violence, fraud, larceny, etc but criticize higher level leaders and arrivederci. What a cult.

Nichijew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2012 12:33AM by Nichijew.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.