Re: Soka Gakkai International -- The Buddha said "Greed-is-Good"
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 15, 2012 01:43PM

Nichijew
Even Nichiren is considered a loser among many SGI top leaders because he never amassed wealth nor status while alive.

These SGI Greed-is-Good fake "Buddhists" are completely ignorant of Buddhism!

The legend of Siddhartha of course, is that he was a wealthy Prince who had all the wealth, status, women, and everything else, and then rejected that stuff as the source of happiness.

Of course, this is all mythology, in that its been layered with meaning for what...2500 years?
So its a symbol, a story, a parable.

The entire point of Buddhism, is that material greed is not the source of enduring happiness.

Now of course, people who want big mansions, big cars, fancy watches, and lots of money, sex, food, etc, don't want to give that stuff up!
Guys like Ikeda want their money, mansions, cars, young women in hot-tubs, and eating too much food. Just look at Ikeda, he has lived a live of OVERINDULGENCE, decadence and vanity.

So instead of Ikeda reforming his own perverse lifestyle of greed and vanity, Ikeda concocted a fake New Agey faux religion of greed and vanity. Its really very similar to what was done in the western New Age circles, where they change everything around to say that Jesus wants everyone to be a millionaire, etc.
This is probably why the fake SGI sells so well in the west, as its selling the same basic idea as the New Age stuff. Americans like greed and vanity, of course.

This is why SGI is a form of destructive cult, as people are being deceived, exploited, manipulated and lied to. Of course, the irony of SGI is you don't get all those material desires you are chanting for. You end up just giving SGI all your money and free labor.

And the more people chant for their material desires, the more UNHAPPY you can become! You become more miserable.
And since they are not taking action and working hard to achieve their goals, and just chanting for Karma-Magick, they don't achieve their goals, and get even more frustrated.

Same pattern as the New Age crooks, who sell failure and self-blame.
This failure by the SGI members, makes them even more dependent on SGI.
It also makes them prone to lie to SGI, with fake stories of success, as if they are failing, they blame themselves.

SGI is just a huge mindf*ck.
The more you chant for stuff, the less you get, and the more miserable and self-downing you become.
To avoid this, you start going into denial and lying, and it just gets worse and worse.

Of course Ikeda knows all of this. The guy is a cynical manipulator of the masses, just like dozens of other "cult leaders" before him. He knows exactly what he is doing to people.
Ikeda has used the exact same techniques as all the other mass manipulators that came before him.

Its so perverse to "chant" for a Rolex. If you want a Rolex to show off that you are a bigshot, then save your money and buy one. No magic needed. Or buy a fake one.
Its just so perverse and revolting to "chant" for such nonsense.

But Ikeda knows many people are GREEDY and LAZY and so he tells people...YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT BY CHANTING MAGICK, just join SGI.
Ikeda knows its bullshit, and doesn't work. Its designed NOT to work.
Then SGI can blame YOU for not chanting right, and to give more money to SGI, etc.

Its a transparent scam, and many other groups use the same methods.

"Greed-is-Good" --The Buddha 500 BCE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 01:46PM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:01PM

Perfect Anticult. They even plagiarize the SECRET. SGI has absolutely nothing to do with Buddhism. A giant MLM scam is what it is. Instead of falsely claiming to sell vitamins, cosmetics, or financial education resources, they falsely claim to sell peace but just like the MLM's, it's really only about recruits who donate money for the benefit of those at the top. SGI is one big ponzi scheme pyramid with Ikeda, the top Japanese senior leaders, and one or two token non-Japanese at the top. They disgust me because they give Buddhism, the Lotus Sutra, and Nichiren a bad name.

Nichijew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2012 02:03PM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: January 15, 2012 02:06PM

and they hurt people just like the majority of MLM's

Nichijew

Posted by: KR ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:41AM

@tsukimoto - Great point, I had looked all over for any independent claim but it's all just a bunch of "he said, she said." I would argue that NST wouldn't like it any other way. There is no disagreement in SGI frivolous practices but it would be fair that even NST be placed under the same amount of scrutiny today as they were when it was under the NSA umbrella.
tsukimoto
They will believe in Ikeda and SGI no matter what. For the rest of us, there are enough other reasons to mistrust SGI.
It's quite funny you say that...
The Anticult

Given that I have publicly denounced the SGI and various local leaders are well aware of my standing, they keep on sending me emails with there talking points for meetings they know I will not attend. I just want to share bits of this memo and I marked the quotations in red. A glimpse into today's SGI study material. Just in case into the more gentler softer SGI:
except from Soka Spirit Study Corner (1/2012)
Suggested Study Material for January 2012 District Discussion Meetings
SGI President Ikeda’s Lecture Series on the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin:
The Teachings for Victory, A Father Takes Faith, Living Buddhism, January 2012

(1) The Essential Points of Faith for Achieving Victory

Let's confirm the essential points of faith for achieving victory that the Daishonin teaches the Ikegami brothers, because they comprise the formula by which we, too, can realize absolute victory in our lives.

First, remaining steadfast in faith is the most important thing in practicing the Lotus Sutra. Nichiren warns that it is through the workings of the devil king of the sixth heaven--that is, fundamental darkness or ignorance--that the negative impulse to abandon faith in the Mystic Law arises in people's hearts.
It is the power of faith or belief in the Mystic Law that dispels this fundamental darkness. As the Daishonin writes: "The single word 'belief' is the sharp sword with which one confronts and overcomes fundamental darkness or ignorance" (The Record of Orally Transmitted Teachings, pp. 119-20) and "To have faith is the basis of Buddhism" ("The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon," WND-I, 832).
SGI President Ikeda’s Lecture Series on the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin: The Teachings for Victory, A Father Takes Faith, Living Buddhism, January 2012, p. 24-26.
Well hot damn Sensei! The Daishonin wrote a lot of things and the best you can do is pull fragmented quotes? Also...
(2) Using Courageous Faith to Combat Devilish Functions

The crucial thing in our struggle against the three obstacles and four devils is to always remain on the offensive, ready to vanquish negative functions when they appear. In his letters to the Ikegami brothers, the Daishonin writes: "Be…fearless" (WND-1, 498); "You must not falter in the least" (WND-1, 597); and "You should not have the slightest fear in your heart" (WND-1, 637). If we're passive and retreat, the devilish functions will only intensify; but if we switch to the offensive and keep up our struggle against them by powerfully chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they will scatter at the sound of our fearless lion's roar.

How can anyone allow themselves to fall for this? The gosho passage is over 5 pages and the best quote they can dish out is "Be...fearless" you can say the same positive reinforcement crap at a High School Pep Rally.

Page 597 of the SGI issued gosho is nothing but a bunch of cliff notes.

To think of the countless hours of time sacrificed to get such divine encouragement in camaraderie of like minded brethren. How can anyone fall for this? Quoting The Anticult "SGI is just a huge mindf*ck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 01:52AM by KR.

Posted by: KR ()
Date: January 16, 2012 01:51AM

With all of that said. People hold the government accountable to when they find that there tax-dollars are going to cronies. And yet the members don't hold SGI accountable for stuff like I posted above. Damn shame...

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: January 17, 2012 04:36AM

KR
@tsukimoto - Great point, I had looked all over for any independent claim but it's all just a bunch of "he said, she said." I would argue that NST wouldn't like it any other way. There is no disagreement in SGI frivolous practices but it would be fair that even NST be placed under the same amount of scrutiny today as they were when it was under the NSA umbrella.
tsukimoto
They will believe in Ikeda and SGI no matter what. For the rest of us, there are enough other reasons to mistrust SGI.
It's quite funny you say that...
The Anticult

Given that I have publicly denounced the SGI and various local leaders are well aware of my standing, they keep on sending me emails with there talking points for meetings they know I will not attend. I just want to share bits of this memo and I marked the quotations in red. A glimpse into today's SGI study material. Just in case into the more gentler softer SGI:
Suggested Study Material for January 2012 District Discussion Meetings
SGI President Ikeda’s Lecture Series on the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin:
The Teachings for Victory, A Father Takes Faith, Living Buddhism, January 2012

(1) The Essential Points of Faith for Achieving Victory

Let's confirm the essential points of faith for achieving victory that the Daishonin teaches the Ikegami brothers, because they comprise the formula by which we, too, can realize absolute victory in our lives.

First, remaining steadfast in faith is the most important thing in practicing the Lotus Sutra. Nichiren warns that it is through the workings of the devil king of the sixth heaven--that is, fundamental darkness or ignorance--that the negative impulse to abandon faith in the Mystic Law arises in people's hearts.
It is the power of faith or belief in the Mystic Law that dispels this fundamental darkness. As the Daishonin writes: "The single word 'belief' is the sharp sword with which one confronts and overcomes fundamental darkness or ignorance" (The Record of Orally Transmitted Teachings, pp. 119-20) and "To have faith is the basis of Buddhism" ("The Real Aspect of the Gohonzon," WND-I, 832).
SGI President Ikeda’s Lecture Series on the Writings of Nichiren Daishonin: The Teachings for Victory, A Father Takes Faith, Living Buddhism, January 2012, p. 24-26.
Well hot damn Sensei! The Daishonin wrote a lot of things and the best you can do is pull fragmented quotes? Also...
(2) Using Courageous Faith to Combat Devilish Functions

The crucial thing in our struggle against the three obstacles and four devils is to always remain on the offensive, ready to vanquish negative functions when they appear. In his letters to the Ikegami brothers, the Daishonin writes: "Be…fearless" (WND-1, 498); "You must not falter in the least" (WND-1, 597); and "You should not have the slightest fear in your heart" (WND-1, 637). If we're passive and retreat, the devilish functions will only intensify; but if we switch to the offensive and keep up our struggle against them by powerfully chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, they will scatter at the sound of our fearless lion's roar.

How can anyone allow themselves to fall for this? The gosho passage is over 5 pages and the best quote they can dish out is "Be...fearless" you can say the same positive reinforcement crap at a High School Pep Rally.

Page 597 of the SGI issued gosho is nothing but a bunch of cliff notes.

To think of the countless hours of time sacrificed to get such divine encouragement in camaraderie of like minded brethren. How can anyone fall for this? Quoting The Anticult "SGI is just a huge mindf*ck.

Hello, KR....I find the fact that they are still sending you these talking points, despite the fact that they know how you feel about the whole thing, mind-boggling. I let my subscription to the pubs go a long time ago---good thing I haven't missed much---it's only getting worse. But then, go figure, right?

Posted by: Joaupkva ()
Date: January 17, 2012 09:16AM

Hey friends!

I haven't posted in awhile. I haven't chanted in moons and I rolled my gohonzon up. The air has cleared and I see clearly now,thank god I departed out of that racket. Here's a question since anything is possible.

off topic for a second

The illuminati very much exists and I've researched them and how they've worked and still do against humanity for awhile now ,even talked to a ex illuminati member ect...If you research them they have many different levels in society. The 13 families being at the top of the pyramid,the Rothchilds,Rockefellers etc.. One thing they are trying to do by the end of 2012 is create a one world global religion and currency,thats just two. This is why we've seen many of these "all excepting" churches and groups popping up over the past ten years that "embrace all religions"

Scientology and JW are very much created by the NWO. There's some illuminati symbolism in Scientology. I wonder if President Ikeda and his wife aren't illuminati affiliated. It wouldn't surprise me. Does any one have any insight into that? I think the Soka Gakkai may have illuminati members in the highest levels.

Anti cult this might be something worth looking into,and I'll get to it aswell.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 17, 2012 08:06PM

Ouch...ya ain't gonna like my view on the "Illuminati". [www.skepdic.com]
2012 hype is all a big hoax, for New Age scammers to scare people and make more money.
All of these cults and sects have been going for decades, its the best way to make money tax-free, without working for a living.

But, all that aside, Ikeda could never be in the "Illuminati" as Ikeda has to call the shots and be in control.

But seriously, one should think long and hard before jumping from the SGI frying pan into the fire.

That being said, this thread is about the facts of SGI, so people pretty much keep to that.
This is an excellent book on critical thinking.

[www.xenu.net]
Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit

Posted by: rensvwik ()
Date: January 18, 2012 07:48AM

Hi, everyone. I posted a couple of months back (was having problems finding my car keys, check book, I.D. badge for work, etc.). This could be the result of not chanting anymore and I'm spacing out, or simply because I'm in my 50's and I'm just having some "Senior Moments". In any case, I'm doing okay.

I joined in 1976, but went through several periods where I didn't attend meetings. I even returned my Gohonzon in 1994, only to experience dreams of having it enshrined again. I also experienced a panic attack around that same time period which I believe was due to having returned it. I went back in 1997, but left again in April of last year. Still have my Gohonzon - I'm not ready to go through another panic attack again (believe me, waking up at 2:00 in the morning with chest pains is never pleasant).

I've been attending a Tibetan Buddhist meditation group and the meditation has been helping. Wonderful people. The Tibetan monk has been very understanding. His secretary told me that she met an SGI senior leader a while back who had the audacity to tell her that she was not a real Buddhist!

Think about this and look it up: The Buddhist term bodhichitta. It's taught all the time in Tibetan Buddhism. Ever heard the SGI mention it?

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: January 19, 2012 07:45AM

Jackie_Flash
Hi, everyone. I posted a couple of months back (was having problems finding my car keys, check book, I.D. badge for work, etc.). This could be the result of not chanting anymore and I'm spacing out, or simply because I'm in my 50's and I'm just having some "Senior Moments". In any case, I'm doing okay.

I joined in 1976, but went through several periods where I didn't attend meetings. I even returned my Gohonzon in 1994, only to experience dreams of having it enshrined again. I also experienced a panic attack around that same time period which I believe was due to having returned it. I went back in 1997, but left again in April of last year. Still have my Gohonzon - I'm not ready to go through another panic attack again (believe me, waking up at 2:00 in the morning with chest pains is never pleasant).

I've been attending a Tibetan Buddhist meditation group and the meditation has been helping. Wonderful people. The Tibetan monk has been very understanding. His secretary told me that she met an SGI senior leader a while back who had the audacity to tell her that she was not a real Buddhist!

Think about this and look it up: The Buddhist term bodhichitta. It's taught all the time in Tibetan Buddhism. Ever heard the SGI mention it?

Hey, Jackie....I'm betting the spacing out is coming with the 50's "senior moments", as opposed to stopping chanting. I'm right there with you! If I may comment, and I apologize if I'm out of line, it seems to me that the Fear Factor has really been a issue for you. The fear of, if you leave SGI and return the Gohonzon, automatically you will be banished into the Hell of Incessant Suffering. Believe me, I've dealt with that, too. It's a pretty rotten way to feel, with your religion, that you don't feel you have the freedom to listen to your gut feelings, because of the "consequences". Many participants here have spoken about how their life has progressed, with the normal ups-and-downs, without having evil lightning strike their lives. It's always good to hear that.

Since you left last April, have leaders and/or members tried to stay in contact?

As for the term bodhicitta, I can tell you that this is the first time I have ever heard that term, ever. Never saw it in any SGI publications, nor has it been used to my knowledge in the Grand Poobah's speeches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.