Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Self Realization Meditation Healing Centre
Posted by: Rooby ()
Date: December 01, 2004 10:53AM

Has any one had anything to do with these Centres? Mother Centre based in the UK with smaller Sister Centres all round the world. The teachings are based around a "GURU" called Mata Yogananda Mahasaya Dharma who believes herself to be next in line after Paramahansa Yogananda, altho the SRF don't recognize her. People 'join' the 'family' giving all their possessions and monies to the Charitable trust. They are known for teaching 'Pure Meditation" and run clinics for Natural Spiritual healing and Progressive Counselling. These are all taught as diploma courses with rigorous traning methods costing a great deal. The centres run as Retreat Centres. Appreciate feedback from others who know about this place.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 08, 2005 10:05AM

That sounds truly awful.
Here is a thread about Yogananda and SRF
[board.culteducation.com]

Posted by: JOHNBEBEACH64 ()
Date: January 08, 2005 04:14PM

Rooby
Has any one had anything to do with these Centres? Mother Centre based in the UK with smaller Sister Centres all round the world. The teachings are based around a "GURU" called Mata Yogananda Mahasaya Dharma who believes herself to be next in line after Paramahansa Yogananda, altho the SRF don't recognize her. People 'join' the 'family' giving all their possessions and monies to the Charitable trust. They are known for teaching 'Pure Meditation" and run clinics for Natural Spiritual healing and Progressive Counselling. These are all taught as diploma courses with rigorous traning methods costing a great deal. The centres run as Retreat Centres. Appreciate feedback from others who know about this place.
my family is part of one called sri chinmoy they call guru. they think hes above jesus christ

Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: January 09, 2005 02:30AM

Sri Chinmoy tells them to think of him as bigger than Jesus.
The guy is just another con-artist cult leader, doing phony "lifting" tricks, and countless lies and scams.

Coz

[www.chinmoycult.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.freedomofmind.com]

Date: January 12, 2005 10:34AM

Great to hear from others out there. Thanks for the thread to SRF pages - makes for fascinating reading! There are so many similarities with SRMHC and the SRF - it's what most of the teachings are based on. When I was living there we were taught to respond to folk who asked if we were SRF by saying that Paramahansa Yogananda was our Guru's Guru!!
There is a growing group of "devotees" who have left SRMHC and are sharing their stories of double standards and damage. Those who joined "the family" have lost all their money and possessions - as well as the awareness now of the mind control. So subtle and oh so damaging.
A web site has been set up to try to help others.
[www.geocities.com]
I am also aware of Sri Chinmoy groups and feel for anyone who is caught up in that too. Why oh why do we let ourselves get involved with these outfits???????????

Date: February 28, 2005 11:08AM

It's great being able to connect to this web site - it's been wonderfully helpful being able to get SRMHC details out there into the wide world of MIS-information and double dealing!! The SRMHC based in Queen Camel, Somerset, UK, are a charitable trust on the basis that they "serve" the public through offering meditation and natural healing. Dozens of families are split apart when they get involved with this place - the only persons being "served" are those that run it!!! People lose their homes, families, possessions, and selves, and become caught up in erroneous damaging teachings and practices which are presented through subtle mind control techniques. The SRMHC are not affiliated in any way with SRF, although a lot of the teachings are based originally on PY's teachings and have then been changed to suit the "GURU" !!!!!!
I am keen to hear from anyone who has had any dealings with SRMHC anywhere in the world, or who has family involved. My own experience of loss through that place has enabled me to help others re-establish.

Re: Self Realization Meditation Healing Centre
Posted by: Richard Curtis ()
Date: April 02, 2009 05:27AM

After eight years of falling in behind my wife who became a "devotee" of Mata Yogananda in 1993, we were recruited into the "family" in 2003. A precondition of our joining the organisation was that we had to give all our possessions etc and home to "God and Guru..... i.e to the guru called Mata Yogananda. Many people have been recruited in the same way all around the world at their sister centres. Only two of the original family remain, the rest have been around as long as us or shorter.

We took our son (then aged 9) into the family. As far as he is concerned it was/and is a home. My wife and I are divorcing and i am suing her for adultery and the mother centre for manipulation and undue influence over us/her. They have behaved disgracefully, particularly the grur (alias Rina Denton, in no way spiritually and with cynical self interest.

If you're thinking of joining this sect, think twice. Once you have signed the form, as they say, ther'es no going back. Unless you're young and have precious little in the material way to give to them, steer clear. They have got rich off the likes of my wife and me, and the damage they've done to her, me and most of all, my son's future is unforgiveable.

BE warned!!!!!!!

Posted by: SallyForth ()
Date: April 08, 2009 04:51AM

Dear Richard,

Just briefly - so very saddened to hear what you have been through. You are not alone! Every story I see where people realise what "Mata" (Rena Denton), her husband and her cronies are doing has the same themes - sick or vulnerable, too trusting people being sucked in and then spat out once they've started to question the legitimacy of what goes on in these so called spiritual centres, large sums of money being "donated", agressive and fear-inducing tactics being resorted to in order to keep people from standing up for themselves...

It is a cult. Just in case, here's a group who are at leat voicing their experiences: [www.geocities.com]

The very best of luck with your case.

Posted by: Concerns ()
Date: May 26, 2009 08:29PM

Wow the more I read through the various threads here the more frightened I become.

I had no idea there were so many groups around looking to suck people in. thank you for sharing your experience.

all the best

Date: June 25, 2009 06:25AM

I heard about Yogananda, but I don't think he has any successor, maybe I'm wrong.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.