need to learn about fellowships of the heart
Posted by: dawn ()
Date: November 18, 2004 12:35AM

Husband has all of a sudden decided to be touched by god. Reading nothing but John Eldridge books. Listening to notthing but christian music and 88.3 orlando fl radio. Says we are waging a war againest evil.It is taking over the country. I've been with him for 35 years. What the hell is up?

Options: ReplyQuote
need to learn about fellowships of the heart
Posted by: SarahL ()
Date: November 18, 2004 05:00AM

Some information on John Eldredge from an interview on [www.christianitytoday.com]

[i:f7964ee6e5]John Eldredge is the best-selling author of Wild at Heart, The Sacred Romance, and a new book, Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive. He is the founder of Ransomed Heart Ministries, which describes itself as part monastery, part military outpost, and part Red Cross unit for the soul. It hosts boot camps and retreats for men and women. His books are written to help men rediscover their masculinity in the image of God, but the have been popular with both men and women. Wild at Heart has sold over a million copies.

After being involved in the Los Angeles drug culture and kicked out of high school, Eldredge was looking for a "worldview." After exploring other religions, Eastern mysticism, Lao-Tzu, and New Age spirituality, he discovered the writings of Francis Schaeffer, who he calls one of the best philosophers of the 20th century. Through Schaeffer, Eldredge came to Christ and later to the church. He eventually got a master's degree in counseling and practiced in Colorado Springs before working for Focus on the Family.[/i:f7964ee6e5]

His organization's web site is at [www.ransomedheart.com]

They do look to be an intense group, and the language they use is definitely dramatic: "ransomed", "platoon leaders training", "We believe if you want the life and freedom offered by the Gospel, you're going to have to fight for them. Isn't it about time you picked up your sword?".

More detailed info on Eldredge at:
[www.christianitytoday.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.