Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My story
Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: October 03, 2007 11:08AM

I was stuck in a cult situation since I was a baby. This woman had my mom wrapped around her finger. I'm not sure why this evil bitch was able to brain wash some to the extent of complete compliance to her way of thinking. Some being able to see their way out of that hell hole was pretty much a miracle. She was a master at complementing people, then she'd get her talons in and twist. Threatening if we'd ever leave we would lose our family and be completely ostracized. That's hard to digest when you are a kid. At that point she already succeeded in dividing a family. She had her leverage. She managed to set up who my brothers were to marry and she succeeded. I figure that's why they are still stuck there. I had to live a double existence pretending that I agreed with everything she said. Inside I was planning my breakaway. People say, why didn't you just leave? Well, ask that to the poor teenagers who were forced to march in Hitler's army. This was all we knew since we were children.
Three brothers left from a different family- one was only 14 years old. Their mother was ordered not to even let them come home to retrieve their clothing. Ordered the rest of their family to never speak to them again. Another boy-12years old was ordered to run home naked as punishment for something. His mother was the cult bitches neighbor. He ended up hanging himself in the garage as the result of verbal and mental abuse. The front of this cult was a thriving furniture company. My sister and I were artists. All of the 13 years we slaved there we got close to minimum wage.At times we never got paid at all. The owners drove around in a red Cadillac. We worked 10-12 hours every day. On occasion we had Sunday off. During seasonal work which was almost all the year round-one holiday runs into another in retail-we often worked 16-20 hours a day. Never got paid a cent for overtime. Often we worked around the clock. We still got screamed at for not doing enough. She took all credit publicly for all the designs my sis and I created. We developed a following of art collectors that bought up our stuff-lost all of them when we left. We couldn't go to movies, we couldn't have friends, we couldn't socialize or date. We were called incompetent lazy slobs, we were called whores, the list goes on.We were her work slaves. I was 28 when I ran the fuck away from that place. I never truly believed what she said even as a kid. There were too many discrepancies and double standards. I had to live a double existence to survive.I was considered the blacksheep of the family because I planned on leaving as a teenager-got caught in my plan and got grilled and threatened by the cult bitch. Finally I had the emotional strength to leave 10 years later. I left because the people I cared for all lost touch of their souls as a result of this evil cult leader. The brainwashing I witnessed almost killed me emotionally. I mourned for all of them. It was worse than watching the death of my dad. Death is natural in the course of ones life. The death of ones soul isn't.

Evil sociopaths, void of all love is the reason these cult leaders do what they do. Purely out of their greedy, power seeking actions, their only goal is to see how many souls they can snuff the light out of. THEY ARE DARK. That is why they do it. They split families, they tell you the only path to God is through them. They are brilliant at being evil in the disguise of love. It is something that sickened me for a long time facing the brutal reality of what this one woman accomplished. I hated feeling it. Through time I came to realize the depth of what I survived.

Options: ReplyQuote
My story
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 03, 2007 01:19PM

freedom fighter
I was stuck in a cult situation since I was a baby. This woman had my mom wrapped around her finger. I'm not sure why this evil bitch was able to brain wash some to the extent of complete compliance to her way of thinking. Some being able to see their way out of that hell hole was pretty much a miracle. She was a master at complementing people, then she'd get her talons in and twist. Threatening if we'd ever leave we would lose our family and be completely ostracized. That's hard to digest when you are a kid. At that point she already succeeded in dividing a family. She had her leverage. She managed to set up who my brothers were to marry and she succeeded. I figure that's why they are still stuck there. I had to live a double existence pretending that I agreed with everything she said. Inside I was planning my breakaway. People say, why didn't you just leave? Well, ask that to the poor teenagers who were forced to march in Hitler's army. This was all we knew since we were children.
Three brothers left from a different family- one was only 14 years old. Their mother was ordered not to even let them come home to retrieve their clothing. Ordered the rest of their family to never speak to them again. Another boy-12years old was ordered to run home naked as punishment for something. His mother was the cult bitches neighbor. He ended up hanging himself in the garage as the result of verbal and mental abuse. The front of this cult was a thriving furniture company. My sister and I were artists. All of the 13 years we slaved there we got close to minimum wage.At times we never got paid at all. The owners drove around in a red Cadillac. We worked 10-12 hours every day. On occasion we had Sunday off. During seasonal work which was almost all the year round-one holiday runs into another in retail-we often worked 16-20 hours a day. Never got paid a cent for overtime. Often we worked around the clock. We still got screamed at for not doing enough. She took all credit publicly for all the designs my sis and I created. We developed a following of art collectors that bought up our stuff-lost all of them when we left. We couldn't go to movies, we couldn't have friends, we couldn't socialize or date. We were called incompetent lazy slobs, we were called whores, the list goes on.We were her work slaves. I was 28 when I ran the fuck away from that place. I never truly believed what she said even as a kid. There were too many discrepancies and double standards. I had to live a double existence to survive.I was considered the blacksheep of the family because I planned on leaving as a teenager-got caught in my plan and got grilled and threatened by the cult bitch. Finally I had the emotional strength to leave 10 years later. I left because the people I cared for all lost touch of their souls as a result of this evil cult leader. The brainwashing I witnessed almost killed me emotionally. I mourned for all of them. It was worse than watching the death of my dad. Death is natural in the course of ones life. The death of ones soul isn't.

Evil sociopaths, void of all love is the reason these cult leaders do what they do. Purely out of their greedy, power seeking actions, their only goal is to see how many souls they can snuff the light out of. THEY ARE DARK. That is why they do it. They split families, they tell you the only path to God is through them. They are brilliant at being evil in the disguise of love. It is something that sickened me for a long time facing the brutal reality of what this one woman accomplished. I hated feeling it. Through time I came to realize the depth of what I survived.

Just for having the will and courage to walk out of what must have been a horrific situation, makes you a pretty respectable person freedom fighter. I hope that woman is out of business, and if she isn't, have you considered reporting her to the authorities. What she made you and your siblings do and suffer through is illegal. Child labor is illegal, running a so called business and not paying employees is also illegal, so is the type of inhumane punishment she inflicted on you guys. This woman wasn't just evil, she was/is also a criminal. I don't know if or when the statute of limitations runs out on crimes such as hers, but it'd be interesting to find out.
I am so glad for you, to still have [i:0baa359dbd]yourself[/i:0baa359dbd] and your mind to live life with, after such an experience.

In those moments when the harsh and crippling memories begin to seep in, remember always, the best [i:0baa359dbd]is[/i:0baa359dbd] yet to come.

My story
Posted by: starry ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:20PM

Yes, the best is yet to come...wise words indeed.

Welcome, and many congratulations (although that word doesn't say enough) for getting away.

My story
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: October 04, 2007 01:52AM

Welcome to the board. Check out all the resources here and then also take a look at the information these therapists have.

[www.blgoldberg.com]

My story
Date: October 04, 2007 11:02PM

Thanks for the welcome. Even though I got away it still feels like it's got me in it's grip more often than not. I look at life filtered through the trauma. I am actively working on healing all the time but it's amazing to see how a memory lingers. I do have to say I am one that holds a lot of compassion and empathy for anyone going through or that has gone through life altering events.

My story
Posted by: becker ()
Date: October 05, 2007 07:40AM

i cried when I read your story.I can never really seem to open up and tell my story even though I have been gone from the cult I was born in for 2 years but ever since I joined this forum I have been more and more which helps me think then develop and heal.

I was born into a cult that my parents joined soon after they were married.at age 13 the cult leader took notice in me and I ended up moving to his house to "help out".My parents were so proud of me and this "privilige".they had no idea what I went through for this "privilige".I finally ran away at age 18 only to be kidnaped.I wasnt missed since I had nobody in the outside world to miss me....finally after several attempts to get away the cult leader sent me to the other side of the world Israel.I had nothing with me except for a birth certificate,social security and 2 pair of cothes. I was excited because finally I was getting away.but I lived on the streets with drug dealers and the works stealing food from shops at 4 in the morning.it was quite a different life from the bubble I was used to.I would try to call my parents on a pay phone but they would only tell me to call this cult man.Thanks to the generous hearts of the Israelis I was surviving.but I still feel so alone.
I finally came to terms with this cult and was able to start seeing that this cult leader was not a prophet and that he was just an slick sneaky bastard weaslling his way into everybodys lives for his own good.After I relized this I was able to tell my mother what happened to me when I lived with this man.It was really hard to tell her but it finally got out of my mouth....and she told me I was a liar......What I feared the most....

Why he sent me to Israel I dont know..........My theory is that he wanted me to fall flat on my face so that I would come crawling back saying the world is horrible and he was right.....But that hasnt happened.....

I am doing good now surviving.....but I miss my family a lot...and it hurts soo much to know that my little sister has now moved into this guys house...How can parents be so stupid???!!!I dont want my sister to hurt....but I cant help her so I just have to forget her and live otherwise I would go crazy...

My story
Posted by: ON2 LF ()
Date: October 05, 2007 09:01AM

I am doing good now surviving.....but I miss my family a lot...and it hurts soo much to know that my little sister has now moved into this guys house...How can parents be so stupid???!!!I dont want my sister to hurt....but I cant help her so I just have to forget her and live otherwise I would go crazy...

You know exactly what your little sister is undergoing in that creep's house, if what he did to you is illegal, could you not go to the police and report him for what he did to you and inform them that your little sister is now living with him as well? After what you've experienced, any psychologist should be able to confirm what you are saying to the police. If she's still a minor, it might be worth checking out.
It is very enouraging to hear your story becker. Thank you.

My story
Date: October 05, 2007 11:48AM

I miss my brothers also. They don't even know they have a neice. I'm not going to bother to let them know. My dad's last dying wish was to see his sons one more time however one slammed the door on our face and said they never wanted anything to do with us or dad. the other didn't even come to the door. Talking about heart wrenching to have to report that to my dying dad. So much sadness to deal with is the most difficult part of things. Time does heal-makes us wiser and deepens our souls. That depth is a gift that we have to charish. It's true though if your sis can be helped by law enforcement- muster up the strength to pursue it. I regret that I didn't take some legal action towards the cult that I left. This woman who ran things however had ways of hiding her deviant actions.I wish you well. I too have shed many tears over my life-far too many as far as any human should need to in a life time. But I continue to survive. My mission is to find joy in this life time.

Re: My story
Posted by: becker ()
Date: October 14, 2007 05:34AM

nobody can really pin him with anything.....ex members have tried...
my sister is a minor only 13 yrs old my parents want her to be there.the police acually went to the them to ask them about her well being and they said that they wanted her there and they dont want to listen to the "lies" people are making up about this cult guy....they are so fcking blind...they would do anything this cult man asks them even if it were to hurt us their kids.
you why I cant do anything...kinda burns me up

Re: My story
Date: October 15, 2007 02:03AM

Becker, Blind is exactly what they are. What burns me is how these predators are premeditated in there actions. They are preying and getting by with it all in the disguise of freedom of religion. Law enforcement has their hands tied. The government has cults on the lowest of priorities, even though they cause some of the most devistating assaults on the human mind, body and soul. Just know that the human spirit is not tricked forever. Sooner or later your sister will be strong enough to get away. However, you know being there yourself that she may not see the light in what is happening to her. Only time will tell. In the meantime you must continually find your own strength and never feel that what you are seeing and doing with your life now is worthless or empty. I've cried alot of tears of sadness thinking I was weak, but came to realise through the help of others that I'm stronger now. Facing it and releasing the feelings allows you to move on.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.