Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: I lost my fiancee to Landmark Education Corporation, LLC.
Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: January 02, 2008 06:05PM

"Johnny" schmonny

(sighs heavily and rolls eyes back)

John

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Vic-Luc ()
Date: January 03, 2008 02:20AM

Hey, it's a compliment! :P

Posted by: freedom fighter ()
Date: January 03, 2008 08:55AM

Hey Jack,
Thanks for the breif discription. That's all I need. Trust me, I understand all the rest as a result of my own experience with a cult.

Yes, they do take away critical thinking. That's their entire goal. A person in any type of cult situation is turned into a drone. I escaped a lot of mental abuse by living a double existance. I pretended to agreed just so that I could survive. I was 11 years old when my family was preyed upon. I never was fully brainwashed. So many things didn't add up and I never fully fell under her power. I'm not sure how I survived and my brothers didn't. That one I can't figure out because they were really resistant in the beginning.

I always have been a free spirited person, and i think that's what saved me. If it wasn't for the fact that I was so young I would have gone as far away from that witch as I could possibly go. When you're 11 and things start going really strange in your life you have no one to go to. Especially if you're threatened never to tell.

I'm getting into law enforcement soon and it's really ironic that the one thing that really screwed my family is the one area that this country is lacking for laws. There is no protection for children who are victims of cults. Really, really sad.

There is also such a stigma attached to the word cult that if I can become a peace officer it will be pretty much a miracle. There are few that truly understand. Yet I've come to realise that my experience is a blessing in disguise because it's opened my eyes to true realities. Hopefully I won't run across too many judgemental individuals. I have been advised to take care in what i disclose but that is a bit difficult when Law enforcement is all about background investigations. Like I said it will be a miracle. At least I have an understanding Chief of Police on my side. That's been my only saving grace. We'll see. So far so good.
FF

Date: January 30, 2008 07:17AM

Sometimes I'm left with more questions than answers. Stockdale Syndrome, Stockholm, same thing in my case.

Date: January 30, 2008 08:30AM

Hi Vic-Luc

What do you mean by Stockdale Syndrome, Stockholm, same thing in your case.

FF

Date: February 02, 2008 11:55AM

freedom fighter
Hi Vic-Luc

What do you mean by Stockdale Syndrome, Stockholm, same thing in your case.

FF

Just thinking out loud.

Date: February 03, 2008 03:29AM

I understand. I do a lot of that and also way too much between my ears. I actually looked up Stockdale Syndrome. It took me to a rather interesting story of a certain prisoner of war. Anyway, now I'm just blabbering out loud. :-)
ff

Posted by: John Fox ()
Date: February 03, 2008 05:54PM

Stockholm Syndrome it is. Named after a robbery incident in Stockholm, Switzerland.

John

Date: February 05, 2008 08:30AM

She was dear to me.

If you guys only knew the depth of commitment I had.

And showed.

Always a sad ending for Landroids.

Date: February 05, 2008 11:46AM

I can feel your sadness. My love goes out to you. It's beyond unfare to lose a loved one in that way. There's just no getting around the sadness.

I understand how you feel. I mourned for my brothers as if they died-to me they did. I saw the decline in their fighting free spirit. They physically got drained and emotionally turned over to the pressures and threats of the cult leader. I knew if I didn't leave and save myself I would go down with them. I died inside. For them. It was such a painful feeling to leave them behind knowing there was nothing I could do. So hopeless. It would be more digestable if they physically died. That's natural, whether an accident or disease. But death from another's forceful hate, control, and dictatorship of another's once free soul is beyond sad.

I don't get this planet. It's like one big petri dish. All you can do is keep uniting with those around you that are uplifting when times are rough. It's like a drink of fresh water when all you see is thick mud.

FF

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.