Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 01, 2022 04:57AM

Puddington's comment was the 12,000th post in this forum, and it was appropriately enlightening. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 02, 2022 01:22AM

One of my pet peeves is answering a neighbor's question, hoping it might lead to a pleasant conversation, and instead there's no response...just awkward silence. Like what happened yesterday:

Neighbor: Just wondering--do you use Google maps or Waze?
Me: Neither. I listen to the Holy Spirit.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 10, 2022 12:28PM

Changedagain said:

Neighbor: Just wondering--do you use Google maps or Waze?
Me: Neither. I listen to the Holy Spirit.

Changed...good luck. I think that's the same guy that kept the children of Israel going in circles for forty years.

Posted by: Bruce Alan ()
Date: January 15, 2022 05:22AM

I have never posted on this site before, but have checked in and read much of the dialogue over the past few years. I was in the Sepulveda church from 1972 to 1978. We lived in a garage on the corner of Aqueduct and Chase. I had to get permission to marry a woman who was very involved in the church when I met her, from her spiritual father John Stevens. We did get married in that church in the beginning of 1973. We had a rough time fitting into the fold there, and just never seemed to get things right.
My wife had a child before we got married, Emily was the child's name. After some years, Emily was enrolled in the church school across from the church itself. We, Sandy and I, were assigned to do some clean up work at the school on a regular basis, I think we were under Brother Anderson and his wife. Around 1978, Sandy was called in for some counselling from the Elders and Pastor of the church, Brother Stevens was not there and hadn't been for some time. I am pretty sure David Cockas was the pastor at this time. Sandy was told that Brother Stevens had discerned that the children in the school were being attacked by Nephilim spirits which were coming in through the toilets, and the people who had been cleaning the toilets were at fault. My wife, Sandy, was thrown out of the church. I wasn't, but I never understood why not. I have not had a good time of it ever since this happened. I wonder about the people we knew and their welfare. We knew many of the people mentioned on this site, but so many have never been spoken of. What I would like to know, is if anyone has any knowledge of these folks, like for instance, Gary Higgins came to the valley church through me and Sandy, I wonder if he is still there, or if he left and is therefore okay?

Date: January 15, 2022 08:32AM

Welcome, Bruce. I don't have any answers to your questions, but I'm certain someone out there who reads or contributes to the forum will.

p.s. I've had some difficulties in life, but I've never attributed them to Nephilim spirits coming through the toilets. Something to think about, though.
;)

Posted by: Bruce Alan ()
Date: January 15, 2022 09:04AM

I have become convinced that over the last forty or so years, the one who lies at the bottom of all my difficulties has always been me. So many wrong decisions and choices. I had a deep love for JRS and spend years listening to reel to reel tapes, then the cassettes and all the books. I did feel deeply betrayed when we were tossed out, but I never could get my head around JRS's betrayal of his wife. I liked Martha. Always had a very bad feeling about Marilyn.

I often spoke with Damon and Pat Davis, was a friend to Jim Beach and close to Fred Machal.

Thank you for responding!

Date: January 15, 2022 10:19AM

Bruce wrote:
I have become convinced that over the last forty or so years, the one who lies at the bottom of all my difficulties has always been me. So many wrong decisions and choices.

Many of us that were in the organization were robbed of perspective. The highly authoritarian nature of the Walk/TLWF kept us unaware of so many other paths we could have taken. Don't be too hard on yourself, Bruce.

I did feel deeply betrayed when we were tossed out, but I never could get my head around JRS's betrayal of his wife. I liked Martha. Always had a very bad feeling about Marilyn.

That bad feeling was justified. She was one wicked, self-obsessed woman. I didn't know Martha, but from those who did, it was obvious she was set-up as a scapegoat for John's 'problems,' leading to the divorce and his hook-up with Marilyn.

I often spoke with Damon and Pat Davis, was a friend to Jim Beach and close to Fred Machal.

I liked Fred. He was my bookkeeper when I ran a small business in Redlands. His son Mark was also a friend of mine.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 16, 2022 12:17PM

Hi Bruce. Welcome. I was in the Sepulveda church during those years. I liked Martha too. What we didn't know back then was that JRS was carrying on with Marilyn (and others) for several years before the divorce.

Nephilim spirits attacking children through the toilets is a new one on me. Wow! I'm sorry to hear about what you were put through. I don't know the current status of some of the people you mentioned, but Damon and Pat Davis left years ago. Also David Cokas. Fred Machal passed away some years ago. I believe that the Andersons moved to another state and are no longer involved with TLWF.

I agree with changedagain. Don't be too hard on yourself. The Walk really did mess up our ability to perceive the truth. In my case, it was like 40 years of gaslighting. It's hard to make sense of all of it, but it's not our fault. Glad you posted. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2022 12:19PM by Reepicheep.

Date: January 17, 2022 04:30AM

Note: too bad these Valley 'authorities' didn't refuse to relay this ridiculous message about 'Nephilim spirits' moving through toilets to attack children, blaming the humble people doing the cleaning, and instead told The Apostle to stop drinking. But then they would lose their position.
Nevermind.

Date: January 17, 2022 11:32AM

Bruce wrote:
"My wife, Sandy, was thrown out of the church. I wasn't, but I never understood why not."

"I did feel deeply betrayed when we were tossed out."

This confuses me, Bruce. Was it just your wife that was thrown out, or both of you?

Also, is Bruce Alan your real name? I've talked to few people who were in the Sepulveda church during the time period you mentioned, and they don't recognize the name.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.